• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
All this talk about Disney and Pixar villains is great but...

It got me thinking.

What do you guys think of the Dream Works villains?
Farquaad is memorable solely because they managed to get away with naming him that
I hate to actually say it but you maybe right. I get pretty riled up before waiting a moment to think. Its something I honestly need to work on.
Happens to the best of us. You're not alone, and as SonicSmasher said he knows how that feels too

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So like, did you forget how to use Ridley's side-B offstage to kill, or did I just get better at surviving it? Because you tried that two or three times, and each time I lived. :b I'm not even sure how I got out of it, I thought that was pretty much certain death.
If you're at a lower percent, it's much easier to get out of Ridley Side-B, so maybe that had something to do w/ it?

Either that or you mashed out fast enough to be at a height where you can still recover.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Happens to the best of us. You're not alone, and as SonicSmasher said he knows how that feels too
Thanks for understanding. It still doesn't excuse myself to be repetitive which I'm trying to work on. Its a habit I need to stop and try to think before I write. I can't say I can promise but all I can do say is I'll just try if I can.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Say in a hypothetical situation that Endgame made me interested in brushing up on some Marvel Comics to get an idea of what Feige could do for Phase 4 and beyond where should I start?

I'm mostly interested in what they could do with Doctor Strange and new characters which is what I'm focusing on if I were to read some of them.
The 2014 Ms. Marvel run is all that jumps to mind. She's basically what Rogue was in the 90's and Kevin Feige wants her in the MCU

Noipoi

Howdy!

It got me thinking.

Off the top of my head-

Lord Shen is incredible.

Grimmel, Farquad, Fairy Godmother, Chantel, are very fun.

Drago, Don Lino, Tighten, The aliens, I don't give a ****.

Just to name a few.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
DreamWorks Villains exist? I remember like......Farqaad and Fairy Godmother and that's it.

And Fairy Godmother is up there with the Disney ones solely for having a villain solo song that also doubles as the soundtrack to her demise.

Legends only.

Noipoi

Howdy!
DreamWorks Villains exist? I remember like......Farqaad and Fairy Godmother and that's it.

And Fairy Godmother is up there with the Disney ones solely for having a villain solo song that also doubles as the soundtrack to her demise.

Legends only.
We stan a queen

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Mrs. Grunion and Humpty Dumpty had the worst motivations.

First one tried to take Sherman away because of her hatred towards dogs despite not having any evidence Mr. Peabody was a bad father when he actually was then after he bites her to protect him she calls the cops on him.

Second one all because he wanted to go back to the old ways with **** who after saving this guys daughter began doing good deeds then tricked him into doing thievery again leading to the town to thinking he's gone back to his old ways then Humpty tries to get revenge on Boots for abandoning him even though Boots had every reason and right to do so.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Say in a hypothetical situation that Endgame made me interested in brushing up on some Marvel Comics to get an idea of what Feige could do for Phase 4 and beyond where should I start?
dude infinity war was like, in the 70s or something

if you mean what major event they're going to do next in the MCU, i betted on Secret Wars after they do a Fantastic Four movie that shows Dr. Doom OR Civil War 2 because they gave Carol that haircut.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also I hated Mr. Peabody & Sherman. Never did I thought I'd hate a female lead so much. The one who started it all and almost got Sherman's and Mr. Peabody's lives destroyed. Why Sherman became friends with her in the end I'll never know...

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As far as Dreamworks villians go, Lord Farquad is a classic. Fairy Godmother is also up there with her rendition of Holding Out for a Hero, that's a classic scene.
I don't remember Shrek 2 much. Isn't that where Fairy Godmother is the villain? Lord Farquad is great. I love the name, the jokes around it, etc. He was done quite well. Nice and funny for the movie being a bit of toilet humor and all. It fit all in well, without taking it way too far. I never saw Shrek 3, I think?

D

Deleted member

It got me thinking.

A mixed bag with the Fairy Godmother being great, Madagscar 3 French lady being really fun, Drago from HttYD good, Lord Shen and the Leopard from Kung Fu Panda great, Lord Farquaad ok, Prince Charming being meh, other Madagadcar villains being meh, the dragon in the first HttYD forgettable, Humpty Dumpty and the other Shrek villains being meh... and those are the only ones I remember.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If I could too. I'd also hire Yondu to assassinate Mrs. Grunion. That's how much I hated her.

*Knock on door and Mrs. Grunion gets it*

Mrs. Grunion: Yes?

*Sees Yondu gets freaked out due to being an alien*

Mrs. Grunion: Ahhh!!!! W-What are you!?

Yondu: Good evening ma'am. The name's Yondu Udonta. I'm here on behalf for your sake. You see a nice fellow who had hired me to take care of you and agreed on it after he paid me quite a bit of money and what you tried to do to this beloved dog who cared for this boy deeply as his son despite having no evidence he was a bad father.

Mrs. Grunion: W-What are you talking about!? That animal! It bit me! I had every reason to call the cops on it! Sadly that wasn't the case because of this president being brought back from the past letting him go!

Yondu: Who did it out of defense and protection for the boy he loved, which you tried to take away from him again despite having no evidence and wanted to take him away because you hate dogs which was even the only reason you came into his life in the first place, then tried to play the victim and have him to be taken away euthanize while taking great pleasure in it which I gotta say even though I'm a really nice and honorable guy. You're a pretty vile person that we can't let you get away with this. So this ends now.

Mrs. Grunion: What are you talking about? Get out of here before I call the cops on you!

Yondu: Oh I don't think that will be happening.

*Yondu whistles bringing out his arrow pointing it at Mrs. Grunion*

Mrs. Grunion: *Gasp* What's going on!? W-What are you do-

*Yondu whistles at his arrow as it pierces right through Mrs. Grunion's chest and her body falls to the ground lifeless before the arrow comes back to him*

Yondu: Well that's one job done. Mr. Peabody and his boy can rest easy now that this sorry excuse of a human being is gone.

*Yondu walks off before meeting up with me*

Me: Here you go Mr. Yondu. Hope this covers it.

*Gives money to Yondu and he counts it*

Yondu: Yep, this will do. The pleasures all mine. If you ever need me again to take care of someone. Just give me a call and pay me a ton load more money.

Me: Will do.

A fitting and satisfying fate for that *****. :smirk:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
As far as Dreamworks villians go, Lord Farquad is a classic. Fairy Godmother is also up there with her rendition of Holding Out for a Hero, that's a classic scene.
I still like Farquad but I honestly think Fairy Godmother is the best villain in the series. Her concept, presence, actions, performance, etc. just everything about her is amazing.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways favorite DreamWorks villain will always be Rameses no doubt. Heck I wouldn't even call him a villain to begin with. Antagonist sure but he never intended to be evil and that's what made him such a great antagonist.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Speaking of villain songs.

Best animated villain songs?

Poor Unfortunate Souls is hard to top for me and I swear if Ginger Minj isn't cast as Ursula in the live action movie, Disney ****ed up.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I don't remember Shrek 2 much. Isn't that where Fairy Godmother is the villain? Lord Farquad is great. I love the name, the jokes around it, etc. He was done quite well. Nice and funny for the movie being a bit of toilet humor and all. It fit all in well, without taking it way too far. I never saw Shrek 3, I think?
Fairy Godmother was in Shrek 2, who is also responsible for giving one of the best climax scenes in all of animation history.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Speaking of villain songs.

Best animated villain songs?

Poor Unfortunate Souls is hard to top for me and I swear if Ginger Minj isn't cast as Ursula in the live action movie, Disney ****ed up.

Be Prepared

Friends on the other side

Not Evil

Hellfire

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

It got me thinking.

Shrek 1 and 2 had villains that fit the theme of the movies, being satire of fairytales, so the characters were fittingly not quite what they appear to be at first. A fairy godmother as an antagonist, or a Lord that's not noble in the slightest, and he's a parody of a Disney Exec if I'm remembering correctly.

El Dorado's villain was Mayan Jafar with less imposing elements to him, but the main leads carry the film more than enough.

Madagascar 3 had a good villain for what it was.

Kung-Fu Panda's villain was pretty fitting for a Martial Arts kid's film, so he gets a pass too.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given villains are the current discussion. I'm honestly thinking of making a poll for best cinematic villains of 2019 at the end of this year because so far this year has been great for them. This is the poll I'm thinking.

Brixton Lore (Hobbs & Shaw)
Grimmel the Grisly (How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World)
Joker (Joker)
King Ghidorah (Godzilla: King of the Monsters)
Mr. Glass (Glass)
Palpatine (Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker)
Pennywise (It: Chapter Two)
Rex Dangervest (The Lego Movie: The Second Part)
Scar (The Lion King)
Thanos (Avengers: Endgame)

Which of these will reign supreme!

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Fairy Godmother was in Shrek 2, who is also responsible for giving one of the best climax scenes in all of animation history.
I need to rewatch them. I only remember the first one super well. It helps I saw a Screenplay version of it. It was hilarious as hell. I also saw a Screenplay of a similar kind of movie, which was all about Fairy Tales, but it showed that nobody was perfect. Prince Charming at some point become more of an ass than a good person, for one example.

MainJPW

M.T.A
To be fair, Sonic also never had Doctor Strange teleportation wormhole powers, and yet here we are.
He just throws rings though:

I don’t think they said it’s a power.

So they’re essentially just portable Giant Rings:

Which teleports you to Special Stage and the Flicky Dimensions. The Special Stages are set in a different dimension canonically and certain characters like Fang The Sniper actually live there for example.

There’s also the Super Ring which teleports you to Hidden Palace Zone:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
He just throws rings though:

I don’t think they said it’s a power.

So they’re essentially just portable Giant Rings:

Which teleports you to Special Stage and the Flicky Dimensions. The Special Stages are set in a different dimension canonically and certain characters like Fang The Sniper actually live there for example.

There’s also the Super Ring which teleports you to Hidden Palace Zone:

Yeah but, I don't recall Sonic ever getting that power, unless he did that in the comics.

He's also not fast enough to flat out stop time from a standstill, but that can be a point of debate.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The problem with the Sonic movie is just....so many odd choices.

Seriously. So much of it is there. The personality, the casting for Sonic's voice, and Carrey as Eggman.

The reference and easter eggs are well done looking......

Then you just have....literally everything else.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
A few hours from now and we'll be entering May.

Pokemon both a game and a movie.

Fire Emblem.

Resident Evil.

Team Sonic Racing.

Assassin's Creed.

Brightburn.

Ad Astra.

John Wick (Not seeing because of dogs dying in films).

Aladdin (Boo!)

But most of all at the end of that month...

Godzilla baby! :grin:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

dude infinity war was like, in the 70s or something

if you mean what major event they're going to do next in the MCU, i betted on Secret Wars after they do a Fantastic Four movie that shows Dr. Doom OR Civil War 2 because they gave Carol that haircut.
No I meant in general I would like to get an understanding of what they may want to adapt next, What I was asking for was Comics that could give me a better understanding of what may come next like I'm pretty sure Dr. Strange 2 will have Nightmare as the enemy so I would want to see what Nightmare could do in the comics that may translate to the MCU.

Or I would like an understanding of the X-Men, Fantastic Four or Deadpool and what they may do in the MCU whenever they get added.

D

Deleted member

Sonic Trailer should've had "Every Little Step-Bobby Brown" play. I'm sure you all know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom