• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Is talking Pokemon still cool and hip?

Cause in my fever-induced half asleep/half awake state, I was arguing myself internally that the Pokemon starters of Sword and Shield are based on sports. The monkey would be based on relay/marathon/track and field/baton passing, the rabbit either soccer or rugby, and the emonewt being swimming related sports.

My fever induced self told myself I was an idiot and to go to sleep. I then tried “finding” a form that authenticate that I could go to sleep but realized that I had to have it signed by my section chief who is currently out of town. So I resigned myself to not sleeping and to having feverish episodes of insanity.

Last edited:

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
So is there a Smash character that keeps getting worse and worse each game?

I mean, the closest I could think of is Zelda and Falco, but both got buffed in Ult (I think, still not a lot of people play them), but aside from that, I can't think of other examples.
I'm still going back and forth on this one, but I'm tempted to say that Marth might actually fit this.
Now hear me out, I'm not saying Marth is a bad character, far from it. If anything, he has been one of the few characters who has consistently perfomed very well throughout all Smash games.
That said, it seems that with each new game, he takes a small step backwards. In each installment, he goes a bit down in position.
In Melee, he's generally considered to be around Top 3. In Brawl, top 5. In Sm4sh, top 10. And in Ultimate so far he's generally placed around the top 15-20.
Admittedly, this all up for discussion and in Ultimate's case, the game and its meta are still growing so that could change just as how it happened in Sm4sh.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
r/SmashBros thought he was gonna be broken with that one change. Haha.

But back on Meta Knight, remember how he was supposedly broken pre-release?

Ha.

I wonder how they'll make him worse in Smash 6.
The prerelease Meta Knight scare reminded me of the early Smash 4 days where several top players swore that Duck Hunt would be top tier due to their zoning game.

D

Deleted member

But yeah, if we include 4's newcomers, then :ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultbowserjr::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrinf::ultbayonetta: are all significantly worse in Ultimate.
Wait, how in terms of Bowser Junior? Bowser Junior was barely changed from Smash 4, if not changed at all.
Also, Corrin is worse in Ultimate, but she is no longer bad. I would not say "significantly" worse for Corrin.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh wait, Diddy Kong kinda fits the bill with getting worse with each Smash game, since he was slightly worse near the end of Smash 4's lifespan, and was significantly worse in Ultimate.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait, how in terms of Bowser Junior? Bowser Junior was barely changed from Smash 4, if not changed at all.
Also, Corrin is worse in Ultimate, but she is no longer bad. I would not say "significantly" worse for Corrin.
Jr. went from low tier to bottom tier. That's a significant drop.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I will have Rocket the Zigzagoon plz
Because this is a randomizer, I was like "there's no way I'm ever getting a Zigzagoon", but I literally just ran into one, and I'd like to think you somehow willed it into existence.

D

Deleted member

Is talking Pokemon still cool and hip?

Cause in my fever-induced half asleep/half awake state, I was arguing myself internally that the Pokemon starters are based on sports. The monkey would be based on relay/marathon/track and field/baton passing, the rabbit either soccer or rugby, and the emonewt being swimming related sports.

My fever induced self told myself I was an idiot and to go to sleep.
I was thinking that they could also reference only soccer with the monkey being the fans, the bunny being the player and the newt being the manager crying due to the team being in peril of failing to remain in the division.
ABOUT TO GO SEE ENDGAME
Enjoy!

D

Deleted member

I remember the times Bayonetta dominated the scene.
Das Koopa made a lot of charts about it, and one where Bayonetta in Smash 4 needed to be examined to see if she was too good.
This was after Bayonetta got those patches, too.

D

Deleted member

Congratulations, you are now my starter.

Gentlepanda the Regigigas.

If anyone else wants me to name a Pokemon after them, quote this post.

I will also accept one person to be my rival.
put me in coach

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Count me in, chief

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Because this is a randomizer, I was like "there's no way I'm ever getting a Zigzagoon", but I literally just ran into one, and I'd like to think you somehow willed it into existence.
If you get a Ponyta tehponycorn is too fitting of a name for it.

Infernape and Gallade are two of my favorite Pokemon if you ever get one or the other.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If you get a Ponyta tehponycorn is too fitting of a name for it.

Infernape and Gallade are two of my favorite Pokemon if you ever get one or the other.
Well, I did just run into a Ralts.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
They wanted Little Mac mains to feel like they were playing Punch-Out!! again. Get to the top while being behind.
Well what if really feels like is as if Little Mac tried to go against Mr. Sandman as a double amputee.

D

Deleted member

*switches to Smashboards Ruby*
tenor.gif

Oh god, this is so pretty. Ya'll are red. Everyone is red. Everything... is red! This... this is equality!
I have finally seen the truth. I have finally attained heaven. I have been converted to SB's custom themes gang

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Etika somehow got our of hail...what the ****ing ****?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

I wonder what hell awaits me...

I dunno what shin confusion is but I hope it gets better
Basically confusion infused with the dark hadou
(akumakkz).gif

He just needs to channel it and release it to the Earth.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Beedrill just one-shotted a Mega Gardevoir holy ****
Critical Hit Poison Jab?

Critical Hit Poison Jab.

I think I'll take a break before the Umbra Moon run to do a wonderlocke of Sun or something as a part of my Generationlocke). That'll give me 18 Pokemon to bring into Umbra Moon (The Champions from Neo Y, Insurgence, and Sun respectively).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*switches to Smashboards Ruby*
View attachment 213859
Oh god, this is so pretty. Ya'll are red. Everyone is red. Everything... is red! This... this is equality!
I have finally seen the truth. I have finally attained heaven. I have been converted to SB's custom themes gang
-Checks out SmashBoards Ruby-
I really like the bold red colors, I agree that this mode is beautiful!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So I already have an intense backlog, and i’m already making plans to play particular games over the summer. The following are games I own and/or still have to beat:

Tales of Vesperia
Yoshi’s Crafted World (close to beating it, but still would have to 100% it)
Octopath Traveler (haven’t finished the whole thing)
The World Ends With You Switch
Resident Evil Revelations 1
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
Dragon Quest XI (have the PS4 version but i’ll probably be trading it in for the Switch version when it comes out)

However, I suddenly have the urge to play a more retro game (even though I really, really shouldn’t add more on). This would include:

A Link to the Past (have never played it)
Chrono Trigger (again, have never played it)

Does anybody recommend any particular game to start with? I was thinking Resident Evil Revelations after Yoshi because it’s another shorter game, but some of these other picks seem awesome too.

I have way too many games, but i’m also the person who buys them typically on release day. I should probably stop doing that.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Nah, they were isekai'd into your randomizer run somehow. They're stuck in your game now.

D

Deleted member

So I already have an intense backlog, and i’m already making plans to play particular games over the summer. The following are games I own and/or still have to beat:

Tales of Vesperia
Yoshi’s Crafted World (close to beating it, but still would have to 100% it)
Octopath Traveler (haven’t finished the whole thing)
The World Ends With You Switch
Resident Evil Revelations 1
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
Dragon Quest XI (have the PS4 version but i’ll probably be trading it in for the Switch version when it comes out)

However, I suddenly have the urge to play a more retro game (even though I really, really shouldn’t add more on). This would include:

A Link to the Past (have never played it)
Chrono Trigger (again, have never played it)

Does anybody recommend any particular game to start with? I was thinking Resident Evil Revelations after Yoshi because it’s another shorter game, but some of these other picks seem awesome too.

I have way too many games, but i’m also the person who buys them typically on release day. I should probably stop doing that.
Chrono Trigger and "never played" should never be in the same sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom