• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Look at all those stages!!

ID:C9QVGDSL

ID: 9MJSLSQY

It's...it's...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay, here's a little thing i'm working on.

It's unfinished so it doesn't really go anywhere, just wanna get some early feedback.

pastfuturecomic1.png

pastfuturecomic2.png

pastfuturecomic3.png

pastfuturecomic4.png

D

Deleted member

Welp. Here goes nothing.
I'm basing the roster size off of Marvel vs. Capcom 2, which had 56 fighters. Between the combined might of the four development teams, they can pull it off in the modern generation. From this, each company gets 14 fighters in base plus 2 through DLC for a total of 64 fighters. DLC fighters have been italicized

Nintendo
  • Mario Bros. (Mario and Luigi working together)
  • Donkey Kong
  • Bowser
  • Link
  • Samus
  • Inklings
  • Shulk
  • Pikachu
  • Marth
  • Isabelle
  • Olimar
  • Pit
  • Kirby
  • Mr. Game & Watch
  • Princess Peach
  • Captain Falcon
Sega
  • Sonic
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Joker
  • Aigis
  • Alex Kidd
  • Altered Beat
  • Bayonetta
  • Beat
  • Nights
  • Ryo Hazuki
  • Aiai
  • Kazuma Kiryu
  • Arle Nadja
  • Segata Sanshiro
  • Shadow
  • Miku Hatsune
Bandai Namco
  • Pac-Man
  • Dig-Dug
  • KOS-MOS
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Velvet Crowe
  • Nightmare
  • Ivy Valentine
  • Agumon
  • Jin Kazuma
  • Heihachi
  • God Eater
  • Valkyrie
  • Klonoa
  • Yuri Lowell
  • Goku
Capcom
  • Megaman
  • Zero
  • Ryu
  • Chun-Li
  • Arthur
  • Morrigan
  • Dante
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Monster Hunter
  • Leon Kennedy
  • Frank West
  • Amaterasu
  • Strider
  • Nathan Spencer
  • Albert Wesker
  • M. Bison
I'd play this game easily.
> No Dedede
Oh man seriously? I get why you didn't add him but who would I mai-
>Segata Sanshiro
Okay never mind we're A-OK here chief I would main Segata in a heartbeat. That dude is awesome.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
D

Deleted member

It's unfinished so it doesn't really go anywhere, just wanna get some early feedback.

I like it your artstyle really suits comics and I like the (whom I assume) main character's design.

That character really reminds me of Susie from Kirby for some reason I don't know why.. Did you take any inspiration from them?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ooooh, I like (what i assume is) the main character's design already.
Very cute artstyle.
I like it.
Oh, nice colors. (pretends to know about art)

Main character has a distinct design and a relatable personality, I liked them already.
Yoo, the art style remind me of old cartoon I loved watching before, that and it's quit cute, great job! :)
THANK YOUUUUU

But Ziff (Short for Zifanny, because in the future all names start with Z) is only one half of the main characters.

That character really reminds me of Susie from Kirby for some reason I don't know why.. Did you take any inspiration from them?
Kinda did, yeah.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

>Art is incredibly good
>World seems interesting
>Humor is good; not cringy
>Sets up a story in a way that's vague but can be elaborated on

download.jpg

THANK YOUUUUU

But Ziff (Short for Zifanny, because in the future all names start with Z) is only one half of the main characters.
in the future all names start with Z

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
THANK YOUUUUU

Listen, man. Even with this unfinished bit, I'm already interested in more. I'll definitely keep up with this comic if you let me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
in the future all names start with Z
Ssssh, don't tell anyone that. People might begin to suspect that I'm secretly a time traveler from a distant war-torn future here to prevent the chaos that will ensue when Goku is officially revealed for Smash.

Not that I am one, of course. That'd be silly.

D

Deleted member

:ultridley: Murder. A lot of it.
:ultpokemontrainer: Animal Abuse.
:ultpalutena: Child Abuse.
:ultolimar: Plant abuse.
:ultsonic: Breaking the speed limit
:ultinkling: Grafitti
:ultlink: Property damage
:ulticeclimbers: Illegal Teaming
:ultvillager: Satanic activity
:ultyoshi: Do I even need to say it?
On god, if Sakurai and the dev team ACTUALLY go this in-depth, no doubt it beats Captain Falcon and Joker's final smash, hands down.

I mean

It would beat Joker's FS and match Captain Falcon's, but it's the details that make it worth.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon

Ah I remember I used to do original comics like this when I was like, 10 years old lol

I was alot more artistically inspired and creative back then. Now I only draw for special occasions. Hobbies change, man.

Looking at yours brings back many fond memories, although this is the first I've seen your creation.

You an aspiring artist or something? Keep up the dedication if yes!

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
How about something my boi has actually done?

Like murder...

That's Luigi in his mouth...
He's guilty of mass genocide, just as any platforming character is.

Shroob

Sup?
So I've decided on something regarding stages. I'm basing them off my Most-Wanted characters. This one is my take on the central highway from the first Mega Man X.
View attachment 213403
@Shishœ & Shroob Shroob I'd like some suggestions for a Fate stage!
I'm thinking of making a stage themed after Unlimited Blade Works next, though I'll need to figure out how to draw the swords without running into the stage size limit. Maybe just iconic examples of weaponry. That, or Illya's castle. Hmmm...
I'm not even a Fate fan lol

D

Deleted member

Just woke up.
Thinking about Wario. How does he run a successful video game company? How does he continually manage to break hearts? How does he still have the trust of everybody in diamond city even after blatantly betraying them several times? Why do they keep inviting him back after his latest scheme fails just because they think he’s a cool guy?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just woke up.
Thinking about Wario. How does he run a successful video game company? How does he continually manage to break hearts? How does he still have the trust of everybody in diamond city even after blatantly betraying them several times? Why do they keep inviting him back after his latest scheme fails just because they think he’s a cool guy?
Replace Wario with David Cage and you have my thoughts

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
new battle theme for P5R confirmed on mysticdistances twitter

my longest yea boi ever

D

Deleted member

WALL OF THOUGHTS AND SUGGESTIONS
1. Love this art style soooooo much.
2. Maybe make the lines a bit smoother? The art itself is good, but it looks kinda.. "Choppy?"
3. Maybe make the pigtails a tad higher on that last panel.
4. Not overdoing it with eyes showing through the hair? Bravo.
5. Gets me excited to see where this goes.
6. Interesting premise.
7. 100+ respect for "digi-diary."

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Today I saw Chinese video from a Taiwan Youtuber talk about Kamen Rider Heisei Generations Forever. So I know Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen is a huge Kamen rider fan so correct me if I got anything wrong.
The video is in Chinese, so let me explain what the video is all about
The video started out mentioning Avengers Endgame, because not only the film is release recently, it is because he wants to talk about Kamen Rider Heisei Generations Forever.

You may be asking, what does Endgame have to do with Kamen Rider movie? Well... according to the Youtuber, Kamen Rider and Endgame, if we neglect budget and commercial success among two series and universe (Kamen Movie Line Universe ??? VS Marvel Cinematic Universe), Kamen Rider is way more older than MCU and depening on perspectives, both have equally loyal fanbase and cult following. Both are films that services the fans.

Unfortunately, Kamen Rider Heisei Generations Forever premiere was canceled in Taiwan, which cause many Kamen Rider fans here disappointed. The Youtuber later talk about why and pointing out some "double standard" when it comes to how people view not just MCU but also American Super Heros as a hero to Kamen Rider and other anime franchises...

He rants how people call people liking American Super Heros is cool, whereas liking Kamen Rider and even anime is childish and stupid....
And he points out how Hollywood films and anime Japanese films are treated unfairly, EVEN in Asian countries like Taiwan where anime is very popular.
Last but not least how many Kamen Rider episodes or even anime got many parts cut or censored, which is indeed true btw. But now they have stop doing it.

Even though it wasn't in the video, he acknowledged that Kamen Rider Heisei Generations Forever is not really a good film compare to Avengers Endgame, which in my opinion is one of the main reason why people are somewhat being "double standard" (Not really) between the two series.

Now here is my take...
In my opinion, even as a fan of both Super Hero and Anime like me... even though I get what he's trying to say and I definitely agree that anime and super hero should have fair ground among fans. I have to say, this is the reality.
Money talks, MCU and DC Universe are super popular franchise that was for kids long time ago, thanks to directors and Hollywood actors, it made Super Hero movies popular today. Whereas Kamen Rider and many anime series don't have those budget... and they are really just for niche audience (I really dislike this word but still...) and again as a fan of both American Super Hero films and Japanese Super Hero films, that's something we should all accept.

And it isn't like Japanese didn't try, Power Rangers did got a Hollywood film, but it flopped due to it not being good, and like how many said, Kamen Rider Heisei Generations Forever sure fans love it, but if it doesn't appeal to the movie critics, it won't get equal attention.

But hey, even Japanese Super Heros might never be popular in the Hollywood movies, remember how Internet tends to make Super Smash Bros Avengers trailer? Yeah, from my perspective, I can say Super Smash Bros or Nintendo IPs as a whole are the video game version of MCU... and look how successful Super Smash Bros Ultimate is? It's basically Nintendo's Avengers Infinity War... EVERYONE IS HERE.

This once again proves the point that "Fanservice itself can't sell", if a game/movie only has fanservice... it's not gonna be a huge success. Smash Bros and Avengers did it, hopefully Kamen Rider can be as better as them in the future.

And I have also heard there's a crossover Isekai anime called Isekai Quartet which is the Isekai anime of "Avengers", which it consists of Konosuba, Yojou Senki, Re:Zero, and Overlord characters. I actually think this could work, maybe later season it we will have "Rising of Shield Hero" and "The Time I Incarnated as a Slime" will join the fray too.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It’s hilarious how we are all staring at Smashboards, waiting for someone to post when we could start a conversation ourselves.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Why you're saying that you're confident in "Steve isn't in"?
Ehhhh a bunch of reasons, mostly thanks to recent insider findings

That and the fact that Minecraft content had been rumored for a bout a year now, with no such thing in sight...

I'd love Steve, but I'm now at peace with the fact that he's probably not gonna make it, and I'm okay with that.

The DLC is gonna be hype worthy regardless

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Ehhhh a bunch of reasons, mostly thanks to recent insider findings

That and the fact that Minecraft content had been rumored for a bout a year now, with no such thing in sight...

I'd love Steve, but I'm now at peace with the fact that he's probably not gonna make it, and that's okay.
Honestly I think he still has a shot. Unless these are insider findings I am yet to see.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

There's a couple of typos in the dialog (capitalizing the word "The" mid sentence, saying primative instead of primitive), but the art's better than I could do and the plot has me curious where it's going. I'm gonna say do a couple quick clicks on that layer and then keep going because this artstyle is some great cute stuff and you got me wanting context here.

. . .I keep having to do feedback on other people's work in one of my college classes, so I'm kinda pre-primed for a mix of criticism and praise. Thank goodness the semester is over today.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
He's guilty of mass genocide, just as any platforming character is.
That's not even fair, Sonic saves small animals from imprisonment.

That's moreso a problem with the people who willingly align themselves with a guy that once kept and abused a gorilla as a pet and bullied kids that played with him in his childhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom