• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
Dude yes, Doomguy's pretty much my most wanted at this point. He'd be awesome.
I mean I have other wants in thier but DoomGuy is cooler than Sora and Arkham Batman just ain't happenin-but DoomGuy?
Side-B to BFG Mario to ****ing oblivion
BFG: Big "friggin" Gun

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If ya'll are saying it's not realistic, keep in mind it's a cognitive representation of how she subconciously interprets her own rebellious spirit.

It makes more sense then that she would use an adult's version of a leotard as that is more representative of what she interprets to be the archetypal gymnast mixed with her own fantastical rebellious elements like the trench coat, mask, and red gloves

Tl;dr she's not using a realistic costume because she's playing make believe like the rest of the phantom thieves.

As for the ESRB censoring Kasumi as a Joker echo, it's not a problem: She's. Not. In. Smash.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If ya'll are saying it's not realistic, keep in mind it's a cognitive representation of how she interprets her rebellious spirit.

It makes more sense then that she would use an adult's version of a leotard as that is more representative of what she interprets to be the archetypal gymnast mixed with her own fantastical rebellious elements like the trench coat, mask, and red gloves

Tl;dr she's not using a realistic costume because she's playing make believe like the rest of the phantom thieves.

As for the ESRB censoring Kasumi, it's not a problem because: She's. Not. In. Smash.
Yet, Idon

She’s not in smash yet

Just wait

Maybe next week
Or the one after
Or the one after

D

Deleted member

kasumi’s outfit is bad because it’s black so if the lights are turned off you can’t see it and that’s just inconvenient

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If ya'll are saying it's not realistic, keep in mind it's a cognitive representation of how she interprets her rebellious spirit.

As for the ESRB censoring Kasumi as a Joker echo, it's not a problem: She's. Not. In. Smash.
Like that'll stop Sony. lol They'll censor her in worldwide like they've done with other games.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Whatever. We don't know whether that'll happen, since DLC isn't rated. It's pointless to bring up this point before next year anyway.
That's actually false. DLC is still rated, at least with the ESRB

Smash 4 had "Mild Suggestive Themes" as one of the descriptors. Once Bayonetta got in however, it changed to just "Suggestive Themes"

Not sure why people assume this. The ESRB is very particular on these things as they likely don't wanna have another Hot Coffee situation on their hands

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If ya'll are saying it's not realistic, keep in mind it's a cognitive representation of how she subconciously interprets her own rebellious spirit.

That's really cool! I never thought about it like that!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Like that'll stop Sony. lol They'll censor her in worldwide like they've done with other games.
Yooo my man with the insider info spillin all the beans about how they’ve censored Kasumi in other games already

:mybodyisreggie:

Take me seriously and perish

D

Deleted member

I Don't Know How To Explain To You All That Whatever Ingame Reasoning For The Costumes Is Made Up By Atlus Trying To Justify The Sexualization Of Their Underage Characters

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

As for the ESRB censoring Kasumi, it's not a problem because: She's. Not. In. Smash.
Yet, Idon

She’s not in smash yet

Just wait

Maybe next week
Or the one after
Or the one after
So, what is even the point then? A hypothetical situation for a game that's not even out yet, with a tie-in appearance that's not necessarily guaranteed to make it in here at all.

It's almost like acting as if they'd completely nix out the offending content out of existence, like what Sega seems to have done for the planned Yakuza Kiwami 3.

Panther’s outfit is bad for a similar reason

What if there’s a red light on
Hilariously enough, the only thing that got altered for her outfit in Smash is there's less butt definition, otherwise her cleavage's left as-is.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So, what is even the point then? A hypothetical situation for a game that's not even out yet, with a tie-in appearance that's not necessarily guaranteed to make it in here at all.

It's almost like acting as if they'd completely nix out the offending content out of existence, like what Sega seems to have done for the planned Yakuza Kiwami 3.

Hilariously enough, the only thing that got altered for her outfit in Smash is there's less butt definition, otherwise her cleavage's left as-is.
The perks of being DLC

Besides having to go through an ass filter

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I Don't Know How To Explain To You All That Whatever Ingame Reasoning For The Costumes Is Made Up By Atlus Trying To Justify The Sexualization Of Their Underage Characters
You will be ashamed of your words and deeds

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yet, Idon

She’s not in smash yet

Just wait

Maybe next week
Or the one after
Or the one after
She's dead, Jim.
Let it go, and move on.

Agreed. That is also true and anyone saying otherwise is blind.
Atlus have been doing this for a decade and they'll do it for a decade longer.
It's a perfect example of lore that justifies the design, rather than a design coming as a result of the lore.

But hey, at least there's A justification for it unlike Ann "dominatrix leater zipper queen Cat Girl" Tamaki.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I think they might have also removed the zippers from her outfit but I can't really tell since the stage doesn't let you zoom in close enough to the models.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Yeah.

As if a rebellious teenager would wear something revealing, right?

Ha... haha... haaaaa.

D

Deleted member

I do find it amusing how there’s already a cult surrounding Kasumi and so many arguments about her when her game has one trailer and hasn’t come out yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think they might have also removed the zippers from her outfit but I can't really tell since the stage doesn't let you zoom in close enough to the models.
Such is the hard life of a Smash background character.

She's dead, Jim.
Let it go, and move on.

Agreed. That is also true and anyone saying otherwise is blind.
Atlus have been doing this for a decade and they'll do it for a decade longer.
It's a perfect example of lore that justifies the design, rather than a design coming as a result of the lore.

But hey, at least there's A justification for it unlike Ann "dominatrix leater zipper queen Cat Girl" Tamaki.
Ann's a walking Doronjo reference, basically.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
But you haven't moved on from SMTV
I have moved on. It's cancelled until proven otherwise.

If Atlus want to rehash their anime slice of life sim mixed with their shonen power-of-friendship JRPG, then hey...
That's fine, Atlus. You do you. Make that money. You earned it.

There's clearly a large audience that wants to self-insert into a harem protagonist and date hot teenage girls while fighting bad guys, at least far larger than those that want to get their asses kicked by a Mexican Skeleton.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No I said exactly the opposite as to what you interpreted

I ain’t one of the people complaining about the damn outfit
Probably it's my fault that I misinterpreted so, yeah sorry about that. But that doesn't change my previous statement.

And it's really ok to complain on Kasumi's outfit, but always prepare to watch out for complaints on your complaint lol.

Makes more sense then that she would use an adult's version of a leotard as that is more representative of what she interprets to be the archetypal gymnast mixed with fantastical rebellious elements like the trench coat, mask, and red globes

It's a JRPG so I do some some will point out people are flip flopping when it comes to designs being realistic or not.

And yes, many mention that, she's a skilled gymnast, she will have leotards that represents the official gymnastic outfits.

Well... people are making speculations on whether if she will get censored in Smash lol.

Ironically, I am definitely confident to the fact that Atlus will censor her outfit in the western version one it releases in 2020. Prepare for more drama once that happens, people will talk about it again and bash Sony's censorship policy and if P5R still doesn't come to Switch at that time, more will start port-begging to game to come to Switch, if it did come to Switch many will sure go to the Switch because it is highly likely they won't censor her outfit or other suggestive content.

tl;dr I won't be surprised if Sony is gonna go on a huge censor frenzy over Persona 5 Royal's western release...
Seriously, I've said this be anyone who likes JRPGs, anime games, anime visual novels but want censorship, right now is the best time for you to invest in PS4 and probably PS5.

Waiting for the fanart of Kasumi with Pyra's clothing.
Oh we'll get it soon lol.
And we need Pyra in Kasumi's outfit
Oh, so NOW y'all wanna see the universally loved girl in Xenoblade 2 clothing, I see.

View attachment 213334
The closest you can get for now is Pyra in Anne's outfit:
Because you can't? lol
And what about other Japanese video game companies?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
i didn’t know it was possible but y’all are kinda making me feel bad for liking P5 lol
It’s one of my top 3 games

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Atlus want to rehash their anime slice of life sim mixed with their shonen power-of-friendship JRPG, then hey...

There's clearly a large audience that wants to self-insert into a harem protagonist and date hot teenage girls while fighting bad guys, at least far larger than those that want to get their ***** kicked by a Mexican Skeleton for an hour.
the big bold text and red writing really does show how much you’ve moved on and stopped caring

Noipoi

Howdy!

There's clearly a large audience that wants to self-insert into a harem protagonist and date hot teenage girls while fighting bad guys, at least far larger than those that want to get their ***** kicked by a Mexican Skeleton.
Punished Idon

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
y'all acting cray cray about kasumi being censored in smash when :ultbayonetta: did 5 years ago and no one ended up caring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom