• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Anyways if Kasumi is censored, I’d say just go all out and have her always covered with a black censor bar. This will raise no lewd thoughts, after all, you literally can’t see anything.

D

Deleted member

I don't even think her outfit is that big of a deal. Yeah, she has exposed thighs, but it's not like she's half naked or anything. I don't at all want to say you guys are overreacting, that'd sound really mean, but I really don't think it's a big deal. That's just my opinion, though!

D

Deleted member

I'm a bit out of the loop with custom stages, are there any from Tails gets Trolled?

D

Deleted member

I have moved on. It's cancelled until proven otherwise.

If Atlus want to rehash their anime slice of life sim mixed with their shonen power-of-friendship JRPG, then hey...
That's fine, Atlus. You do you. Make that money. You earned it.

There's clearly a large audience that wants to self-insert into a harem protagonist and date hot teenage girls while fighting bad guys, at least far larger than those that want to get their ***** kicked by a Mexican Skeleton.
Come on man, I got my ass kicked by a lot of Mexican Skeletons back in Junior High and Elementary. Tae Kwon Do was really fun, but I got kicked to many times to the head.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Kasumi is a gymnast and they wear leotards so it actually fits for her character and besides we don't know what struggle she's dealing with that ties into her outfit and persona.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I do find it amusing how there’s already a cult surrounding Kasumi and so many arguments about her when her game has one trailer and hasn’t come out yet.
Yeah, even Pyra doesn't have any cult or arguments during the first XC2 trailer, it was until E3 2017 when that blew up. And some people here and on ResetEra to this day still complains lol.

Maybe it's because Kasumi looks similar to Fire Emblem's Anna? And her Japanese VA is as the same as Aqua from Konosuba:
I have moved on. It's cancelled until proven otherwise.

If Atlus want to rehash their anime slice of life sim mixed with their shonen power-of-friendship JRPG, then hey...
That's fine, Atlus. You do you. Make that money. You earned it.

There's clearly a large audience that wants to self-insert into a harem protagonist and date hot teenage girls while fighting bad guys, at least far larger than those that want to get their ***** kicked by a Mexican Skeleton.
Am I seeing this reply right or...Where have you heard SMT V is canceled? Never give up bro, someday we will get there.

Fingers cross that Atlus reveals SMT V's release date and give us more Persona stuff, better if they just reveal P5R is coming to NS too.

I see we’re having the “Kasumi outfit” discussion again...

Let me just sit back and get my popcorn.
I am having my drinks ready lol.
Just like the Ol' Pyra argument times
Duban voice: Ah~ Just like the good old times!

But it's way better due to the fact back then on Nintenzone social thread, most do have issues on Pyra. Even I acknowledge the fact that Pyra's outfit is still pretty dumb if I have to be honest. But some even bashes her artist Saitou which was more absurd..
That being said Nintenzone Social thread was literally Smashboard's ResetEra.

Here, people are having legit arguments this time around instead of throwing shades to those who have opposing opinions. That's why I'm actually enjoying debate more lol, and I'm not a Persona fanboy compare to me being a Xenoblade fanboy (I admit, I'm a Xenoblade fanboy)
Jokes on you, Chinese Winnie Pooh is my kink
About that... remember Devotion? It's from the same game studio that created Detention which is currently on Nintendo Switch.

If you understand Taiwan's history then you will know Detention is actually a pretty WOKE game, but it was successful, Devotion on the other is less WOKE and really focuses on the horror and problem with religious superstition. But they have to add the Chinese Winnie the Pooh/ Mock Chinese leader Easter egg... so it's not surprsiing the game was removed from Steam and got review bombed by Chinese gamers despite Red Candle games removed the easter egg and apologized which is a very good move (Unlike how many devs these days)

You can say this an Asian version example of "Get Woke, Go Broke"...

Hopefully Nintendo can give Red Candle games green light to port Devotion to Nintendo Switch, BUT there's a minor catch...
With Nintendo recently partnership with Tecent when it comes to releasing Swtich to China, probably not anytime soon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Be honest with me aside from popularaty ms and ninty being buds and verges mc content(which might be mii or bait) did steve ever had any evedence going for him?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Considering the characters wear swimsuits and show far more skin at those points in the game, I don’t know what there’s all that huge of a problem. It’s not like we don’t see kids in bathing suits out in public anyway. It’s how it comes across in the game, I would say.

Like for example, my bigger thing with Kasumi is that she’s “obsessed with the MC”. That’s just, like, clearly fanservice to be like “here’s this cute girl that likes you!” That’s just...awkward.

I also appreciate Persona 5 because the female characters are written to more or less hold their own. I realize some folks say the writing isn’t great. I personally didn’t mind it. But when Ann says that that outfit was because she wanted to “be like one of those sexy super villains” or whatever it is, it more or less fits with her career as well. She’s a model, and her goal is to be basically the best model she can be. She strives to be sexy, not for the men in her life but for herself.

The game is *likely* made by some men, if not entirely.

To my knowledge, Japan is coming around on some of the hyper-sexualized content they have in certain media, and that’s good. The REALLY sexualized stuff gets...borderline weird. But I think the bigger problem is that “sexual conquest” is such a pillar of masculinity specifically in the west, and the fact that it’s taboo in some cases leads to some pretty awful circumstances. It’s hard to explain at the moment I guess.

Like...basically, guys are encouraged to believe that “more sex/women= more manly, which= more cultural capital”. This is beginning to change, but there are aspects of masculinity and being “a real man” that leads to men being violent when it comes to women, sex, and this reflects itself in American culture especially.

This is why I personally think young men need better role models, similar to the women who have become amazing role models for young women.

Sorry, kinda got off topic there. Sometimes my brain just gets going with something and then it becomes word vomit.

(Edit: Really though, to the young men in this thread, regardless of your gender identity, cis or transgender, treating other people like garbage because it’s “manly” isn’t cool, and especially not cool after high school. That’s not what being a man is. Treat all people, other men, women, LGBTQ, and people of all races with respect, yeah?)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Be honest with me aside from popularaty ms and ninty being buds and verges mc content(which might be mii or bait) did steve ever had any evedence going for him?
Is your question rather: If we remove any strong evidence in favor of Steve, is there any other evidence going for him?

My answer is what does removing evidence in Steve's favor accomplishes in the long run without a valid way to discard it? It wont make Steve more unlikely, just relax.

Plus you can do the same argument with pretty much every other speculated pick.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Considering the characters wear swimsuits and show far more skin at those points in the game, I don’t know what there’s all that huge of a problem. It’s not like we don’t see kids in bathing suits out in public anyway. It’s how it comes across in the game, I would say.

Like for example, my bigger thing with Kasumi is that she’s “obsessed with the MC”. That’s just, like, clearly fanservice to be like “here’s this cute girl that likes you!” That’s just...awkward.

I also appreciate Persona 5 because the female characters are written to more or less hold their own. I realize some folks say the writing isn’t great. I personally didn’t mind it. But when Ann says that that outfit was because she wanted to “be like one of those sexy super villains” or whatever it is, it more or less fits with her career as well. She’s a model, and her goal is to be basically the best model she can be. She strives to be sexy, not for the men in her life but for herself.

The game is *likely* made by some men, if not entirely.

To my knowledge, Japan is coming around on some of the hyper-sexualized content they have in certain media, and that’s good. The REALLY sexualized stuff gets...borderline weird. But I think the bigger problem is that “sexual conquest” is such a pillar of masculinity specifically in the west, and the fact that it’s taboo in some cases leads to some pretty awful circumstances. It’s hard to explain at the moment I guess.

Like...basically, guys are encouraged to believe that “more sex/women= more manly”. This is beginning to change, but there are aspects of masculinity and being “a real man” that leads to men being violent when it comes to women, sex, and this reflects itself in American culture especially.

This is why I personally think young men need better role models, similar to the women who have become amazing role models for young women.

Sorry, kinda got off topic there. Sometimes my brain just gets going with something and then it becomes word vomit.
If Sony's home country beginning to censor means anything, it could translate to Japan finally getting a culture shock with the rest of the world.

Maybe that's good, maybe that's bad, but we'll have to see how it plays out.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
The only one I can really think of is Sakurai's love of Minecraft, but tbh that really wasn't evidence and was moreso something to keep in mind.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only one I can really think of is Sakurai's love of Minecraft, but tbh that really wasn't evidence and was moreso something to keep in mind.
Sakurai liking games or characters doesn't mean much he wanted and still wants Geno but he's not in.

So yeah it's something to keep in mind but it doesn't really confirm characters at all.

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
If Sony's home country beginning to censor means anything, it could translate to Japan finally getting a culture shock with the rest of the world.

Maybe that's good, maybe that's bad, but we'll have to see how it plays out.
Or just remain oblivious until some big event happens and I finally hear 2 months later...that's typically how I get my news

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Or just remain oblivious until some big event happens and I finally hear 2 months later...that's typically how I get my news
Or maybe the Yakuza are getting progressive :101:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean yeah it's awkward and stuff

but

I dunno it

it makes me feel special

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I mean yeah it's awkward and stuff

but

I dunno it

it makes me feel special
You save the world with your one-of-a-kind stand powers that let you use literally every stand ever.

You're pretty special already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom