• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai liking games or characters doesn't mean much he wanted and still wants Geno but he's not in.

So yeah it's something to keep in mind but it doesn't really confirm characters at all.
I wonder what that's actually like, how many DLC--hell main roster-- even was up to Sakurai

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I just got back from seeing Avengers: Endgame, and boy, I can tell you, it was great! Won't spoil the details, though.

D

Deleted member

The only one I can really think of is Sakurai's love of Minecraft, but tbh that really wasn't evidence and was moreso something to keep in mind.
If it were evidence that whatever sakurai says/likes then this would be our roster by 2077
F0599A19-C8E9-4341-9A53-7B94FBAB12B4.jpeg

I main mr krabs btw

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You save the world with your one-of-a-kind stand powers that let you use literally every stand ever.

You're pretty special already.
Yeah I guess you're right.

I just really want direct human affection.

sadzard.gif

I'm kinda ****ed up

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
One thing to keep in mind is that Ann and Makoto say they don't like their Thief outfits in a random Mementos conversation.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Be honest with me aside from popularaty ms and ninty being buds and verges mc content(which might be mii or bait) did steve ever had any evedence going for him?
In terms of leaks and stuff... not really. Just the fact that Microsoft and Nintendo are working together more often nowadays.

Then again, if I applied that same logic to Banjo, we’d pretty much have the same exact scenario.

Noipoi

Howdy!
In terms of leaks and stuff... not really. Just the fact that Microsoft and Nintendo are working together more often nowadays.

Then again, if I applied that same logic to Banjo, we’d pretty much have the same exact scenario.
Which is why they're 50/50, in my mind.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
someone fill me in as a guy who gives no real **** for SMT/Persona:

is kasumi a :ultrobinf: character or just an obsessed fangirl?

if it's the latter, she's essentially jrpg catwoman to me because i already call :ultjoker: jrpg batman

D

Deleted member

You had the perfect time to make a Morgana joke but nOoOoOoOo.
I'mma have to keep it real.

It's been essentially 5 months with a vastly great amount of Persona 5 talk in this thread, so not only as someone who never played it, most likely any joke I would've made would be done already.

stumped scott.png

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Sakurai liking games or characters doesn't mean much he wanted and still wants Geno but he's not in.

So yeah it's something to keep in mind but it doesn't really confirm characters at all.
You're right, but at the same time, it's also likely the reason Joker was chosen in the first place...

And compared to Geno, Steve came from a much more notable and bigger game with a whole lot of legacy...

I never took it as clear evidence or confirmation, and was just something to think about.

Nowadays, I'm confident Steve isn't in, so this argument doesn't really matter anyways
If it were evidence that whatever sakurai says/likes then this would be our roster by 2077
View attachment 213349
I main mr krabs btw
I'm a proud Gru, Darth Maul, and Vitas main

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'mma have to keep it real.

It's been essentially 5 months with a vastly great amount of Persona 5 talk in this thread, so not only as someone who never played it, most likely any joke I would've made would be done already.

View attachment 213350
Try a You'll Never See it Coming joke.
That's always a good place to start.

D

Deleted member

But then again he liked Persona and Joker :b

I think that liking a character helps at some point but then there are other factors going for them. I can imagine that in the case of SE, Sakurai never thought in his wildest dreams to get Cloud.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Like, I'm just gonna say it.

The leather of Kasumi's outfit is pretty questionable, but the actual shape of it doesn't set off my "LOL pervert" meter because I wear one piece swimsuits.

One pieces and gymnast attire are the bare minimum of decent attire, but it's still decent enough that girls of all ages wear them instead of putting on stretchy nun outfits. I would know. Because I am a girl.

It's just. . .man leather really wasn't the right call LOL.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My reaction to this whole entire thing

View attachment 213340
Nice Kasumi fanart lol. That's all I can say.
Exactly. No one knows. It's Schrodinger's Censorship.

Let's just agree to disagree until Winter hits. We'll eventually go nowhere anyway.
My stance is... I'm on the same boat that P5R could get censorship in western release some way, it's all comes down to if Sony will pressure Atlus or not.

To my knowledge, Japan is coming around on some of the hyper-sexualized content they have in certain media, and that’s good. The REALLY sexualized stuff gets...borderline weird. But I think the bigger problem is that “sexual conquest” is such a pillar of masculinity specifically in the west, and the fact that it’s taboo in some cases leads to some pretty awful circumstances. It’s hard to explain at the moment I guess.

Like...basically, guys are encouraged to believe that “more sex/women= more manly”. This is beginning to change, but there are aspects of masculinity and being “a real man” that leads to men being violent when it comes to women, sex, and this reflects itself in American culture especially.

This is why I personally think young men need better role models, similar to the women who have become amazing role models for young women.

Sorry, kinda got off topic there. Sometimes my brain just gets going with something and then it becomes word vomit.
I get what you mean, but there are some parts that I don't that it is really a thing tbh.

I have said this a lot too... I personally don't like games simply having fanservice, it's like salt... I want some of it on my dish but not my only food... even when it comes to fanservice games, I see no point of complaining them... just don't buy them if you don't like them.

Using the same metaphor which I have used before, it's like you know are buying a pizza with pineapple... once you got it you complaint and throw tantrum on why does the pizza has pineapple in it....

Just don't try to go wtih this kind of weird metaphor here I saw before... this was regarding to JRPG and fanservice... sorry for using this quote, not gonna mention names
Not everyone who loves JRPGs is gonna love the excessive fan service. It's alienating. Fan service isn't the main appeal of a JRPG like it is for a Dead or Alive volleyball game or Senren Kagura or something. This isn't buying a cake with raisins, knowing it has raisins, and then complaining that you don't like raisins. This is like ordering a pizza and only finding out after paying that the pizza has anchovies because the pizza parlor defaults to anchovies as a topping. Not everyone likes anchovies, and anchovies aren't required to be on a pizza, so it could ruin an otherwise enjoyable experience.

Are there any pizza store that defaults to anchovies as topping? I legitimately curious here... even so, then that means you should pay attention to the topping in the first place... just like you can always see if a JRPG has excessive fanservice or not.
And there are lots of JRPG with almost no fanservice or optional fanservice, like Trails of Cold Steel Trilogy and Valkyria Chronilces 1 & 4 which are my two most favorite third party JRPGs not by Square Enix or Nintendo.
Who's ResetEra?
Wrong question lol, what's ResetEra, a website sometimes very good at giving out leaks, but also a warmth bed forums for those who likes censorship in games and moral guardians...
Well, I just got back from seeing Avengers: Endgame, and boy, I can tell you, it was great! Won't spoil the details, though.
There's thread on Smashboards to freely talk about the spoilers

D

Deleted member

Try a You'll Never See it Coming joke.
That's always a good place to start.
I would, but it would turn the thread south very quick, and probably get me infracted. So, here's a better joke, instead!

Atlus.

that's the whole joke

Noipoi

Howdy!
TFW you realize you're actually kind of a sad person

sad computer noises.png

But TFW it's cool, because you're working towards a goal and you know you can and will get better

toothy smile.gif

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Like, I'm just gonna say it.

The leather of Kasumi's outfit is pretty questionable, but the actual shape of it doesn't set off my "LOL pervert" meter because I wear one piece swimsuits.

One pieces and gymnast attire are the bare minimum of decent attire, but it's still decent enough that girls of all ages wear them instead of putting on stretchy nun outfits. I would know. Because I am a girl.

It's just. . .man leather really wasn't the right call LOL.
I... actually agree, not sure why most Persona 5's Phantom Theive outfit use leather, Anne makes sense but couldn't they make the material more like leotard?

So, question, do you think Sony will pressure Altus to alter her outfit? Like how many edit her legs? I personally think Sony will.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I... actually agree, not sure why most Persona 5's Phantom Theive outfit use leather, Anne makes sense but couldn't they make the material more like leotard?

So, question, do you think Sony will pressure Altus to alter her outfit? Like how many edit her legs? I personally think Sony will.
My thing is, considering Sony has the exclusive for the game itself I highly doubt that this is the first time they have seen the Phantom Thief design of this character. More or less, the concert wasn’t the first time they themselves saw it.

The things Sony has been censoring to my knowledge is utterly borderline nudity, or in games that are basically about naked women (or a bare ass in DmC). I just don’t think this is the same level.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
someone fill me in as a guy who gives no real **** for SMT/Persona:

is kasumi a :ultrobinf: character or just an obsessed fangirl?

if it's the latter, she's essentially jrpg catwoman to me because i already call :ultjoker: jrpg batman
She isn't just female Joker.
She's a new character exclusive to P5Royal.

So yeah, catwoman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom