• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Cleavage is one thing? Ok...
Pro tip: teenagers with boobs irl have cleavage that shows when they wear certain tops

I think that's how most leotards works, when you wear leotard like outfit chance are some of your crouch will be exposed... that being said, angels do matter.
Most adult ones sure.
I’m fairly certain ones meant for younger folk are a little bit more modest down there for obvious reasons. Also up at the top, for that matter

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
According to SneakyLink SneakyLink it means you've read the post

We actually really appreciate all dem likes keep doin you fam
Wait a minute...

freegifmaker.me_2eL69.gif

So you (potentially) think I'm a like machine eh?

(Note, I actually have no idea whats going on and am rushing to the conclusion)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Eh, Kasumi’s outfit isn’t even that bad by the standards of it being “revealing”. Girls wear that type of outfit for gymnastics in the real world too, and there isn’t an issue.

Granted, if it’s Smash we’re talking about then yeah maybe they’d change it by the ESRB standards. They did close up the thigh openings for Corrin afterall.

I don’t think Sony would censor that though. I don’t see any reason to, unless we’re sexualizing literally any skin shown by a woman, which is silly.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Eh, Kasumi’s outfit isn’t even that bad by the standards of it being “revealing”. Girls wear that type of outfit for gymnastics in the real world too, and there isn’t an issue.

Granted, if it’s Smash we’re talking about then yeah maybe they’d change it by the ESRB standards. They did close up the thigh openings for Corrin afterall.

I don’t think Sony would censor that though. I don’t see any reason to, unless we’re sexualizing literally any skin shown by a woman, which is silly.
Riot against the swimsuit skins

Who’s with me

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The entire thing feels goddamn silly to me. Why on Earth would they cover up a costume for an M-rated game? It's not like kids are playing it anyway.

Besides, even in Ultimate Bayonetta barely got much censorship for her person.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I got back(a couple hours ago) from the latest Yugioh pre-release, for Dark Neostorm. I pulled really bad and could barely make a deck, but got a few cards that allowed me to overall win~ It also helped that I could essentially get over monsters by negating their annoying effects thanks to Mystic Mine, which disables the battle phase and their activated effects for anyone who has more monsters than the opponent. It's good enough that the OCG bans it at locals(TCG has more strict rules for banlists at OTS stores for any official tourney. Fun tourneys are another story).

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
I mean...I'm not pervy about it but--yeah anything about a woman can be sexy

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
The entire thing feels goddamn silly to me. Why on Earth would they cover up a costume for an M-rated game? It's not like kids are playing it anyway.
I think it's less about censoring the design in Persona 5R and moreso censoring it in Smash if she ever gets in, and assuming how Mythra and Corrin's designs were also censored for Smash, I think it's fairly justified

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

> "I don't think Sony would censor that"

Sony:

1b9.jpg

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
I got back(a couple hours ago) from the latest Yugioh pre-release, for Dark Neostorm. I pulled really bad and could barely make a deck, but got a few cards that allowed me to overall win~ It also helped that I could essentially get over monsters by negating their annoying effects thanks to Mystic Mine, which disables the battle phase and their activated effects for anyone who has more monsters than the opponent. It's good enough that the OCG bans it at locals(TCG has more strict rules for banlists at OTS stores for any official tourney. Fun tourneys are another story).
Never did get into Yugioh, kinda regret actually since I got really into card games recently. Anyone ever played the one they made for Skyrim? Good ****
I meant to click this
View attachment 213331
But my finger had a stroke and said "No, Kingdom Hearts"
Me when it's been 5 mins since KH was mentioned

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think it's less about censoring the design in Persona 5R and moreso censoring it in Smash if she ever gets in, and assuming how Mythra and Corrin's designs were also censored for Smash, I think it's fairly justified
And yet they mostly let it slide for Bayonetta, not to mention ZSS' alt outfit, and Pyra period.

The only thing they'd do at most is slightly cover up near the crotch, but that's it. Otherwise you get something odd like what was done for Titus' Eretzvaju localization(which covered up a leotard for one character, yet somehow managed to completely miss the villainess' skimpy alt costume).

What I'm saying is, it's a case-by-case basis. A really weird case-by-case basis,

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright question: who is someone relatively reasonable that everyone’s outright dismissed

Forget about codenames or interbusiness relationships
Still think Ezio has a legit decent shot.

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
Yeah he's violent--but I think the character itself can be altered to be friendly and was never crass anyway

DoomGuy for Smash is my pipedream

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Pro tip: teenagers with boobs irl have cleavage that shows when they wear certain tops
So therefore that's an issue when it comes to Kasumi's outfit? From what I have saw, again, she's wearing a leotard so it's normal for her cleavage isn't that visible.

Most adult ones sure.
I’m fairly certain ones meant for younger folk are a little bit more modest down there for obvious reasons. Also up at the top, for that matter
To be frank, I am not a leotard expert so... I won't delve too deep into it. The point is, just like how I've used to have a debate regarding Pyra's design, it's one thing to criticize an outfit's design, but trying to edit it just for the sake of too sexualized is absurd in my opinion.
you right, tbh. I did have "Dont like" at first and changed it to hate and idk why
Yeah, sorry, I am not like trying to be an word cop lol. But the word "hate" should be used wisely in my opinion because according to its definition it's a word to show extreme dislike or disgust...

It could have been worse...
Not to mention when there's like A LOT of outfits being more revealing in other JRPGs, like... Xenoblade Chronicles 2, yeah I remember that game got bashed real hard when it comes to the designs on most female rare Blades and especially Pyra for some reason. Heck someone on Youtube made a Sexualization Case Study video, not gonna link it because it's heavily spoiler filled and pretty biased and end up with an empty and unrealistic conclusion.

Heck, this is basically history repeating itself lol, at least Pyra was indeed revealing and she's from a Nintendo publish/ second party developed game... yeah...

Smash, if she is in that is... lol

Sony, look at Sony's recent track record when it comes to JRPGs, I am 70% sure they will censor Kasumi's outfit in the western version of release. And your latter statement doesn't make sense lol, I would say censoring any woman simply showing skin is silly.

Kasumi is perfect in any and all ways.

There are zero problems with her design.
I also agree, tbh I never really pay that much attention to the design... especially when Kasumi's isn't really the worst.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
And yet they mostly let it slide for Bayonetta, not to mention ZSS' alt outfit, and Pyra period.

The only thing they'd do at most is slightly cover up near the crotch, but that's it. Otherwise you get something odd like what was done for Titus' Eretzvaju localization(which covered up a leotard for one character, yet somehow managed to completely miss the villainess' skimpy alt costume).

What I'm saying is, it's a case-by-case basis. A really weird case-by-case basis,
Ehhhh they still censored Bayo quite a bit, and at least ZSS wasn't showing any skin...

If we're going by patterns, Kasumi would likely get censored in the leg area much like how Mythra and Corrin were. CERO is very particular about upper legs. There's definitely some precedent for this possibility. Not sure why we're shrugging it off

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Waiting for the fanart of Kasumi with Pyra's clothing.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So therefore that's an issue when it comes to Kasumi's outfit? From what I have saw, again, she's wearing a leotard so it's normal for her cleavage isn't that visible.
No I said exactly the opposite as to what you interpreted

I ain’t one of the people complaining about the damn outfit

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ehhhh they still censored Bayo quite a bit, and at least ZSS wasn't showing any skin...

If we're going by patterens, Kasumi is likely gonna get censored in the leg area much like how Mythra and Corrin were. CERO is very particular about upper legs.
Whatever. We don't know whether that'll happen, since DLC isn't rated. It's pointless to bring up this point before P5R's exported next year anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom