• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I’m not gonna lie
Kinda wish the question was never asked

I’ll see y’all later though lol it’s late and I’m getting in my head again, probably be back in an hour or so
Peace
I did not see this post until now.
I am sorry for asking the question in the first place.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think a lot of people don't realize JUST how much the Admins do around here so I'm gonna take a bit of time to let ya'll know why they're so important. Like, they're not just a step above the moderators. That's Super Moderators and Senators. They got a hell of a lot of responsibility.

Hopefully I'm not breaking any by-laws by saying this but I know each Administrator is made Administrator for their particular tool set. Obviously, AlphaZealot AlphaZealot owns the damned placed. Cyn Cyn and Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive are Human resource focused. Warchamp7 Warchamp7 was the one who built Smashboards with Xenforo and is also in charge of maintaining it. Pretty sure Moydow Moydow helps him out with that. Scribe Scribe is our editor-in-chief, bless him. Locuan Locuan is the head of the rankings division. And as far as I can tell Xiivi Xiivi , Mic_128 Mic_128 , Zankoku Zankoku , and Hylian Hylian are the OG Admins that have stuck around for, like, ever. Basically, if any Admin has questions it's likely they go to one of them.

You can use me as a "Thank you, Administrators" button because, in all honesty, I feel like people tend to take them for granted. Cyn Cyn in particular.

Might as well pour one out for our two Super Mods: IsmaR IsmaR and, I believe, Teran Teran . And our two senators: Ishiey Ishiey and Shaya Shaya . They're worthy of praise as well.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey there folks, just wake up, so what did I miss?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I just have major insecurities. Don’t worry about it. I’ll be fine. Back to my game
Trust me, I know how that feels. I'm always insecure about pretty much everything in my life.

Take your time to gather your thoughts and all that, mate. If you want someone to talk to and help get your mind off it, feel free to hit me up. I'm willing to help if you need/want me to.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I just have major insecurities. Don’t worry about it. I’ll be fine. Back to my game
If it makes you feel any better, you'd have been my next choice after NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy .

Don't worry too much about it. We like you regardless of whether you were popular on a sudden, informal, arbitrary vote.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Look at the upcoming Joker being in stark contrast to the time of Shazam.
One is a superhero controlled by a teenager and the other is a mentally ill serial killer / urban guerrilla.

no **** kind of scenario here

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Hello everyone; it's there some new I need to know about? I have been a bit disconnected of the site for a while, only really visiting some threads.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And apparently Hack Snyder thought for some reason dark and gritty worked with Superman the same it had with Batman.

From an hero suppose to represent hope being this dour emo to his father thinking people should had died (With his "Maybe"). No wonder the DCEU started off bad...Oh and not to mention Batman being BatPunisher or as I would call him Batmurder.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think a lot of people don't realize JUST how much the Admins do around here so I'm gonna take a bit of time to let ya'll know why they're so important. Like, they're not just a step above the moderators. That's Super Moderators and Senators. They got a hell of a lot of responsibility.

Hopefully I'm not breaking any by-laws by saying this but I know each Administrator is made Administrator for their particular tool set. Obviously, AlphaZealot AlphaZealot owns the damned placed. Cyn Cyn and Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive are Human resource focused. Warchamp7 Warchamp7 was the one who built Smashboards with Xenforo and is also in charge of maintaining it. Pretty sure Moydow Moydow helps him out with that. Scribe Scribe is our editor-in-chief, bless him. Locuan Locuan is the head of the rankings division. And as far as I can tell Xiivi Xiivi , Mic_128 Mic_128 , Zankoku Zankoku , and Hylian Hylian are the OG Admins that have stuck around for, like, ever. Basically, if any Admin has questions it's likely they go to one of them.

You can use me as a "Thank you, Administrators" button because, in all honesty, I feel like people tend to take them for granted. Cyn Cyn in particular.

Might as well pour one out for our two Super Mods: IsmaR IsmaR and, I believe, Teran Teran . And our two senators: Ishiey Ishiey and Shaya Shaya . They're worthy of praise as well.
*Presses "Thank you, Administrators" Button as hard as possible*

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Hello everyone; it's there some new I need to know about? I have been a bit disconnected of the site for a while, only really visiting some threads.
So there's this penny that's continuously doubling in size...

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

People take the entire staff here for granted. Y'all are always goin' around, doing this and that, making sure the forum's on the up-and-up, and most of the time, you do it without people even realizing something's goin' on.

So thank you, not just to the admins, but to you and the rest of the mods. With how hectic this place can get at times, y'all are doin' great work.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah, sometimes I feel the same.
Often question my self-worth within not just these forums but my life as a whole, and what I've seriously contributed to make people around me happier people.

I mean, uh,
that Smash Bros, amirite?

We're all bored as hell.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Trust me, I know how that feels. I'm always insecure about pretty much everything in my life.

Take your time to gather your thoughts and all that, mate. If you want someone to talk to and help get your mind off it, feel free to hit me up. I'm willing to help if you need/want me to.
Eh, it’s not really anyone’s fault or anything, just something I have to deal with.
I’m having an OCD flare up.
If it makes you feel any better, you'd have been my next choice after NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy .

Don't worry too much about it. We like you regardless of whether you were popular on a sudden, informal, arbitrary vote.
I’m insecure about my quality of leadership even in a silly context like this- i know y’all like me it’s really nothing you guys did
I kinda feel like a jerk for bringing it up now, but if I say that I’ll just beat myself up over it and extend the cycle so I’ll just drop it

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
People take the entire staff here for granted. Y'all are always goin' around, doing this and that, making sure the forum's on the up-and-up, and most of the time, you do it without people even realizing something's goin' on.

So thank you, not just to the admins, but to you and the rest of the mods. With how hectic this place can get at times, y'all are doin' great work.
Hinata using nice words to buy his way into power.

Troykv

Smash Master
Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Kisses and love to all y'all thanks for doing this...always gotta be a leader for every ship, thanks for steering it fellas.

Eh, it’s not really anyone’s fault or anything, just something I have to deal with.
I’m having an OCD flare up.

I’m insecure about my quality of leadership even in a silly context like this- i know y’all like me it’s really nothing you guys did
I kinda feel like a jerk for bringing it up now, but if I say that I’ll just beat myself up over it and extend the cycle so I’ll just drop it
PM me if you need to talk monarch

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
On the top of risks versus consistency, I think its worth noting that bad risks are totally a thing in the creative world. You have to have a good reason to take one, and throw everything you've got into making it work.

At the end of day, execution is what's most important. No one cares if the Virtual Boy was risky and differebt if it meant it costed a ton, weighed a lot and gave you a headache.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Don't feel bad. I like how our little community is here for each other when needed. Even if it's minor stuff like my dating troubles I still feel like it's valued and taken seriously. I'd be a hypocrite if I used this group for support and didn't allow you to do the same.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
but I know each Administrator is made Administrator for their particular tool set.
I dunno what they actually want me to do as admin but I don't have any kind of backend access, so it isn't what you said so for all I know I could actually have been promoted in order to bring about Etrianboards or to delete people's likes

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Due my stage of isolation and lack of my tools I got desperated and grabbed a huge pen (basically the only thing I found) and a notebook to do a small Celica and avoid getting rusty.
No pen means no mistakes allowed so... I did a lot of them lul
20190422_223518.jpg

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Don't feel bad. I like how our little community is here for each other when needed. Even if it's minor stuff like my dating troubles I still feel like it's valued and taken seriously. I'd be a hypocrite if I used this group for support and didn't allow you to do the same.
Everyone's aired their dirty laundry here at one point or another.

It just goes to show how supportive this place is, even if none of us have met in real life, and likely never will.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey, uh, Pyra Pyra , I don't know if this is the best time to bring it up, but....

Remember that drawning?:4gaw:

D

Deleted member

Oh no I have great respect for them they're what keeps this site alive without them this would become just another 4chan or not even up in the first place.

I appreciate all of them and I think they do an amazing job so without them we wouldn't be where we are today.

In terms of taking admins for granted I think Cyn Cyn is an amazing admin and does their job absolutely amazingly to the point that they're my favorite Admin, They're absolutely fantastic.

Even in terms of personality I find Cyn to be great and her whole shtick of "The queen of evil" is super interesting/entertaining, In both Admin/work wise and themselves as a human Cyndane is great.

All the mods are absolutely fantastic and I have a great deal of respect for them.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i still have flashbacks of when Opossum Opossum was large and in charge in red name powers

exploding salad gif PTSD if you will

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I dunno what they actually want me to do as admin but I don't have any kind of backend access, so it isn't what you said so for all I know I could actually have been promoted in order to bring about Etrianboards or to delete people's likes
Admins: Congrats, Moydow! You've been promoted to administrator status. This is a high honor!
Moydow: Oh, cool! So, what am I gonna do now that I'm an admin?
Admins: **** if I know. Stand around and look pretty.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This time of night I’m always having some problem and I’m always telling y’all about it and I just kinda feel like I’m using y’all way too much for emotional support.

I’ve mostly isolated myself from my friends and I spend most of my time alone, so after my fiance goes to sleep for the night this is my only source of conversation, and any small challenge to my current mood can shift the balance

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hey, uh, Pyra Pyra , I don't know if this is the best time to bring it up, but....

Remember that drawning?:4gaw:
Dude. Read the room. They're going through some serious self-esteem issues, and you hit em with "hey, remember that drawing you promised me you'd make not even 24 hours ago? I'm still waiting!"

Come on.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I try to stay out of the hypothetical admin conversations that pop up because I know from experience it's not really a fun job, and glamorizing it makes it sound like being an admin is just a fun social position. But when you're here you're at the behest of everyone-- users, mods, writing team, tournament team, everything, on every part of the forum. You literally are taking on a second job's worth of responsibilities for, in most cases, no form of payment. As a user, if you don't feel like logging in that day, you don't have to. An admin has to. He has to be consistently be available. And he can't just ****post in the Social thread for long periods of time.

It's a satisfying role when you like your community and you bring on good staff to help delegate tasks. But it's work. I was only able to do it for a little over two years before I quit and just became a normal user again. I wholly respect the commitment our admins, super mods, senators and community leaders give to making this site what it is, and personally, I like acknowledging that by not playing the game of "who else could do their jobs". But that's me personally.

D

Deleted member

Sorry for the double quote, but...
I will have to say that for a small team like this, it is very impressive that they can maintain this.
Companies like Facebook and YouTube have thousands of employees to maintain their websites, but out of all of the moderators, senators, administrators, super moderators, there are probably only around a hundred, and this website is still super good.
Massive props to their work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom