• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
MK11 is now in my hands.

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy you installing your game now?
I wish I were. Sadly these last two paychecks have just been dire and I'm struggling to make ends meet with my Car Payment, insurance, etc. I'll probably get it when I can soon though. If I can't I guess I'll just wait till the inevitable Komplete Edition comes out. Play some Erron Black Noob Saibot for me though and tell me how they feel. I'm ****ing stoked for those two.

D

Deleted member

A new one gets made and we forget this one ever existed.
Well that's good cause I didn't want this site to just stop being active cause a new Smash hasn't been made in awhile.

Though I'm interested in experiencing a base-game cycle here cause it's waaaay better here than everywhere else like Reddit or whatnot I had to leave cause people were trashing on characters who were disconfirmed or unlikely to the point it just became immature.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
ADMINISTRATOR VOTING BALLOT RESULTS:

Hinata: 5
Shishœ ( Administrator Bias ): 1
Tehponycorn: 1
Faygoshill: 1
NonSpecificGuy: 1
Pyra: 1

Congratulations Hinata Hinata !
@Moydow only chose their rival, because together they will make EtrianOdysseyBoards.
I think your sample size is a bit too small for a ballot of such importance.

Also this isn't a democracy. The admins rule all here.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
So just passing by again to let you all know that I'm not mad. Nope, not at all.

Just got done finishing and uploading a stage based on Phos and noticed an error glaring enough to trigger someone's OCD. And my joy-cons? Both busted like an old Mad Catz controller with analog sticks that seem to love steering left, making the last three stages I made overtly-tedious to make for nothing.
AVGN_Joker.png

Yeah, totally not screaming internally or anything. That would be bad.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
ADMINISTRATOR VOTING BALLOT RESULTS:

Hinata: 5
Shishœ ( Administrator Bias ): 1
Tehponycorn: 1
Faygoshill: 1
NonSpecificGuy: 1
Pyra: 1

Congratulations Hinata Hinata !
@Moydow only chose their rival, because together they will make EtrianOdysseyBoards.
I think your math is off there. I only count 3 votes for me.

Unless you count tehponycorn @ing me twice in the same post as votes.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I’m not gonna lie
Kinda wish the question was never asked

I’ll see y’all later though lol it’s late and I’m getting in my head again, probably be back in an hour or so
Peace

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Y'all sleeping on the Hanna-Barbera Cinematic Universe.
Hasn’t happened yet, so we can’t sleep yet
No It's not. If you like formulated mediocrity over risk taking then sure maybe it's more consistent. But better? nope no chance.

Movies like the dark knight trilogy can't be made with that tired formula. They had a chance for a thought provoking movie with the hulk and blew it.
k then

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Black Panther and Aquaman:
-Ancient civilizations far more advanced then everywhere else who isolates themselves from the world.
-Main characters who must challenge their relatives for the throne.

As for Gamer and Aquaman. Its mainly the Heisei Trilogy. Both have Atlantis involved where Gamera's origin was being an ancient bio-weapon created by the Atlanteans to fend off the Gyaos' whom they also created to deal with pollution but eventually backfired and destroyed the civilization.
So basically two of the barest of similarities make them the same movie? That's ridiculous, it's like saying GotG is the same as Suicide Squad since it's an ensemble of characters teaming up to take down a bigger threat, a couple similarities does not make them the same. Hell, even using your point of the heroes facing their relatives it falls flat as they have different characters, motives, actions, backstories, relationships, and even final fates from each other. You can't say Ocean Master is the same as Killmonger without stripping out almost everything that makes their characters, and trying to go that far is a disservice to what those movies offer.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So has anyone seen the first look of Scooby in the Scooby-Doo movie reboot?

Not bad. Definitely better then what we got 20 years ago...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So has anyone seen the first look of Scooby in the Scooby-Doo movie reboot?

Not bad. Definitely better then what we got 20 years ago...
hey man don't rag on the live action scooby doo movies when the literal shaggy actor voices him now

D

Deleted member

Hasn’t happened yet, so we can’t sleep yet
You're right I can't sleep, Wait.. I can't sleep! Oh **** I can't sleep! I've been awake for 360 hours somebody help!

Hahaha my eyes hurt so much I feel like I'm gonna die.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
No It's not. If you like formulated mediocrity over risk taking then sure maybe it's more consistent. But better? nope no chance.

Movies like the dark knight trilogy can't be made with that tired formula. They had a chance for a thought provoking movie with the hulk and blew it.
The Dark Knight Trilogy was also made before the MCU was properly established. Of course it's not tied to a formula because a formula didn't exist.

Post MCU DC movies suck though. Man of Steel was bad, Batman vs. Superman was horrible for what should've been an absolute hype-inducing movie, and Suicide Squad was a ****ing mess. Sure, Wonder Woman and Aquaman were good, and Shazam! is actually a great movie from what I've heard, but that's 4/6 (I'm counting Wonder Woman and Aquaman as 0.5 each). If that's what "risk taking" gets you then I don't want to take any risks.

You may call it "formulated mediocrity," but MCU movies are also consistently good minus some outliers.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
hey man don't rag on the live action scooby doo movies when the literal shaggy actor voices him now
I respect the actor for that but otherwise those movies not so much especially given how mean-spirited the Gang were to just abandon Scrappy like that and the twist revealing he's the main villain. That was very out of character and the Mystery Gang I know would never do such a thing.

And that's just among its problems.

D

Deleted member

I think your math is off there. I only count 3 votes for me.

Unless you count tehponycorn @ing me twice in the same post as votes.
We both counted wrong.
Hinata Hinata without a doubt.

I would've said Noipoi but admittedly they're a little too childish for that role meanwhile Hinata seems to be a good mix of Upbeat and Serious just look at how they handled your situation they handled it the best out of everyone and I think they would do a very good job with that role.

So yeah I would nominate Hinata.
I also say Hinata Hinata

With confidence, I can say she is a fair user that isn’t an admin or mod already.
John Dylan Smith, obviously.

but seriously, Hinata Hinata .
I think I thought that the user that voted for tehponycorn was you.
EDIT: It is three!
Hinata Hinata being an administrator means that she wouldn't post here nearly as often, nor could she take part in bets.

Hinata Hinata I love you but please don't become one of them.
This was not voting for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If we get more movies like SHAZAM! than I'm all for it.

That movie was some of the most fun I've had in a long time, and really reminded me of how I acted when I was in middle-school. Like damn right, I'd get hyped about being a superhero.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On another note on superhero movies. We're getting another Superhero Cinematic Universe next year called the Valiant Cinematic Universe beginning with Bloodshot.

That's actually one of my most anticipated alongside Godzilla vs. Kong, Fast and Furious 9 and Wonder Woman 1984. For one thing it'll be R Rated and it ain't often we get R Rated superhero films.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I respect the actor for that but otherwise those movies not so much especially given how mean-spirited the Gang were to just abandon Scrappy like that and the twist revealing he's the main villain. That was very out of character and the Mystery Gang I know would never do such a thing.

Hey, if that didn't happen, this blessed thing wouldn't exist

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I’m not gonna lie
Kinda wish the question was never asked

I’ll see y’all later though lol it’s late and I’m getting in my head again, probably be back in an hour or so
Peace
Hey, man, don't be too hard on yourself. It's just a little hypothetical. If it came down to actually being able to nominate someone, you'd be one of my first choices.

You have potential, and just because some people didn't vote for you in some spur-of-the-moment poll doesn't mean suddenly you're not qualified. I'm sorry the whole conversation made you upset.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Your dislike of twist villains aside, Scappy-Doo being the mastermind was the ultimate treatment for his character.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I wish I were. Sadly these last two paychecks have just been dire and I'm struggling to make ends meet with my Car Payment, insurance, etc. I'll probably get it when I can soon though. If I can't I guess I'll just wait till the inevitable Komplete Edition comes out. Play some Erron Black Noob Saibot for me though and tell me how they feel. I'm ****ing stoked for those two.
Aw, now I feel bad. I'm sorry for accidentally flaunting.

I'll definitely pick your mains since mine aren't in the game anyway.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey, man, don't be too hard on yourself. It's just a little hypothetical. If it came down to actually being able to nominate someone, you'd be one of my first choices.

You have potential, and just because some people didn't vote for you in some spur-of-the-moment poll doesn't mean suddenly you're not qualified. I'm sorry the whole conversation made you upset.
I just have major insecurities. Don’t worry about it. I’ll be fine. Back to my game

WaxPython

Smash Ace
The Dark Knight Trilogy was also made before the MCU was properly established. Of course it's not tied to a formula because a formula didn't exist.

Post MCU DC movies suck though. Man of Steel was bad, Batman vs. Superman was horrible for what should've been an absolute hype-inducing movie, and Suicide Squad was a ****ing mess. Sure, Wonder Woman and Aquaman were good, and Shazam! is actually a great movie from what I've heard, but that's 4/6 (I'm counting Wonder Woman and Aquaman as 0.5 each). If that's what "risk taking" gets you then I don't want to take any risks.

You may call it "formulated mediocrity," but MCU movies are also consistently good minus some outliers.
DC still doesn't use a formula lol. Look at the upcoming Joker being in stark contrast to the time of Shazam.
Zack Snyder was the problem with him gone DC movies can be great again.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hmm...

This sample size seems a bit...
small.
Well, he did ask the question to a thread that's basically a drop in the vast ocean of Smashboards in terms of users viewing at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom