• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
This time of night I’m always having some problem and I’m always telling y’all about it and I just kinda feel like I’m using y’all way too much for emotional support.

I’ve mostly isolated myself from my friends and I spend most of my time alone, so after my fiance goes to sleep for the night this is my only source of conversation, and any small challenge to my current mood can shift the balance
I understand not wanting to use us as an emotional crutch.

Have you tried reconnecting with those friends?

D

Deleted member

I dunno what they actually want me to do as admin but I don't have any kind of backend access, so it isn't what you said so for all I know I could actually have been promoted in order to bring about Etrianboards or to delete people's likes
Hmm, would you pull a Brutus on AlphaZealot, the Ceaser of the Unholy SmashBoards Empire?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey, uh, Pyra Pyra , I don't know if this is the best time to bring it up, but....

Remember that drawning?:4gaw:
Sorry... didn’t get to it just yet... my bad... I left work and then immediately went into cope mode

I understand not wanting to use us as an emotional crutch.

Have you tried reconnecting with those friends?
I really don’t have the desire at the moment due to what feels like the whole solar system on my shoulders...

Edit: ah **** sorry

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I really don’t have the desire at the moment due to what feels like the whole solar system on my shoulders...

Edit: ah **** sorry
That's okay.

We're here for you regardless. If you don't want to talk about it here there's always PMs as well.

My inbox is open most of the time and I'd be happy to talk with you. :D

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Dude. Read the room. They're going through some serious self-esteem issues, and you hit em with "hey, remember that drawing you promised me you'd make not even 24 hours ago? I'm still waiting!"

Come on.
Sorry... didn’t get to it just yet... my bad... I left work and then immediately went into cope mode
Ah, **** me.

No no Pyra, do not feel bad about that, I understand, you're having problem on your side and I didn't know better, like I just wake up and my common sense aren't all in there, but please first take care of yourself and forget this drawning, OK?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ah, **** me.

No no Pyra, do not feel bad about that, I understand, you're having problem on your side and I didn't know better, like I just wake up and my common sense aren't all in there, but please first take care of yourself and forget this drawning, OK?
It’s quite alright, friend.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I try to stay out of the hypothetical admin conversations that pop up because I know from experience it's not really a fun job, and glamorizing it makes it sound like being an admin is just a fun social position. But when you're here you're at the behest of everyone-- users, mods, writing team, tournament team, everything, on every part of the forum. You literally are taking on a second job's worth of responsibilities for, in most cases, no form of payment. As a user, if you don't feel like logging in that day, you don't have to. An admin has to. He has to be consistently be available. And he can't just ****post in the Social thread for long periods of time.

It's a satisfying role when you like your community and you bring on good staff to help delegate tasks. But it's work. I was only able to do it for a little over two years before I quit and just became a normal user again. I wholly respect the commitment our admins, super mods, senators and community leaders give to making this site what it is, and personally, I like acknowledging that by not playing the game of "who else could do their jobs". But that's me personally.
I can relate to this through my old experiences elsewhere. It was fun at first to be cool and help everyone but eventually it got too monotonous and empty for me as the people I've grown with slowly left my side and basically leaving me by myself. Even if I was offered money, I wouldn't do it at that point.

Also I got big responsibilities coming soon so as much as I realistically could change myself back into the way I used to be - less of a rude, snarky, ****posting asshat that I usually portray myself as and be serious and diplomatic 100% of the time - I wouldn't have the normal time to juggle work, classes, and trying to stay on a plan to get in mega shape to get Chris Evans gains.

Everyone here is amazing and cool, but realistically everyone underestimates how much time and effort you have to pour onto a forum moderating job. It's ****ing hell after a while at times because some days you're just flooded with work instead of doing your usual ****posting with buddies. It's not as easy as hitting a "Warn" button and calling it a day. You have to evaluate, comprehend, type a ****ton, etc. That may sound like an easy job, but it simply isn't. Once you know, you know. I can't explain it that easily.

ok thats all i gotta say, imma go back to being myself now

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I think I messed up the pen I used, and it's not mine, also it's expensive :138:

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
*All the admins saw/are seeing that they got tagged and people are quoting said post*
"Ah **** what happened this time? Is the site burning again?"

But for real, thanks for keeping this up and we appreciate your efforts.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I can relate to this through my old experiences elsewhere. It was fun at first to be cool and help everyone but eventually it got too monotonous and empty for me as the people I've grown with slowly left my side and basically leaving me by myself. Even if I was offered money, I wouldn't do it at that point.

Also I got big responsibilities coming soon so as much as I realistically could change myself back into the way I used to be - less of a rude, snarky, ****posting ****** that I usually portray myself as and be serious and diplomatic 100% of the time - I wouldn't have the normal time to juggle work, classes, and trying to stay on a plan to get in mega shape to get Chris Evans gains.

Everyone here is amazing and cool, but realistically everyone underestimates how much time and effort you have to pour onto a forum moderating job. It's ****ing hell after a while at times because some days you're just flooded with work instead of doing your usual ****posting with buddies. It's not as easy as hitting a "Warn" button and calling it a day. You have to evaluate, comprehend, type a ****ton, etc. That may sound like an easy job, but it simply isn't.

Love you too, pal.

toothy smile.gif

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm just trying to help though.
I understand that, but they politely asked you to stop talking about this. Bringing it up again, even if you're trying to lift their spirits, doesn't help.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey Pyra Pyra
You would be a good administrator. I think you have good leadership skills!
Shiny bud
I know you mean well
I truly do, but could you please do me a favor and not immediately go back on a request to drop it

I asked you personally and you just ignored it

I know you mean well, man. I do, I promise, but it’s just not the time

D

Deleted member

Shiny bud
I know you mean well
I truly do, but could you please do me a favor and not immediately go back on a request to drop it

I asked you personally and you just ignored it

I know you mean well, man. I do, I promise, but it’s just not the time
Aww dang it, I'm sorry.
I kept your post in mind, and I thought it wouldn't be a harm, because I thought you meant the voting stuff.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It’s quite alright, friend.
I don't know if you're saying this to be polite or not, but....I really feel like I **** up there, I shouldn't have asked about that drawning in a time like this.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Also I got big responsibilities coming soon so as much as I realistically could change myself back into the way I used to be - less of a rude, snarky, ****posting ****** that I usually portray myself as and be serious and diplomatic 100% of the time - I wouldn't have the normal time to juggle work, classes, and trying to stay on a plan to get in mega shape to get Chris Evans gains.

Everyone here is amazing and cool, but realistically everyone underestimates how much time and effort you have to pour onto a forum moderating job. It's ****ing hell after a while at times because some days you're just flooded with work instead of doing your usual ****posting with buddies. It's not as easy as hitting a "Warn" button and calling it a day. You have to evaluate, comprehend, type a ****ton, etc. That may sound like an easy job, but it simply isn't. Once you know, you know. I can't explain it that easily.

I’ve been an admin of several different communities and have had to handle tons of manbabies and write tons of bylaws in the past and I have a whole lot of fun doing it

****s time consuming , and it’s not something I’d recommend to anyone, but damn if I don’t love it

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Aww dang it, I'm sorry.
I kept your post in mind, and I thought it wouldn't be a harm, because I thought you meant the voting stuff.
Seriously dude. Now I'm asking you to drop it. We all know you mean well and that's good enough.

Don't post about it again, please.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Hey Pyra Pyra , if you need to vent and let go of those mental toxins, feel free to hit me up. You're more than welcome to see me if you're stressed out. However, if it's simply too personal for you to speak about it comfortably, I will stay at my post and refrain from bothering you any further.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’ve been an admin of several different communities and have had to handle tons of manbabies and write tons of bylaws in the past and I have a whole lot of fun doing it

****s time consuming , and it’s not something I’d recommend to anyone, but damn if I don’t love it
the power just feels so

1503122620678.png

and also mostly everyone praises you for everything so that's free self-esteem

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
osby liked a post in my AMA thread, and it reminded me this exists.

https://www.quotev.com/quiz/5739130...e-Social-Link-you-establish-unto-your-friends

For all you Persona fans out there, or for people who just like takin' quizzes, here's my favorite "What Arcana are you?" quiz.

Keep in mind, for those of you thinking about doing it: it's 33 questions long, so it'll take a hot minute to get through the whole thing.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Once I am done with work today, I feel like I need to do something for Pyra to make up for my mistake, be it a sprite, drawning, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom