• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't know if you're saying this to be polite or not, but....I really feel like I **** up there, I shouldn't have asked about that drawning in a time like this.
Sorry, was typing a long PM to someone and missed this.

I’m not just saying it to be polite- you genuinely didn’t know and that’s fine.
we’re okay friend. You don’t need to do anything extra for me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
osby liked a post in my AMA thread, and it reminded me this exists.

https://www.quotev.com/quiz/5739130...e-Social-Link-you-establish-unto-your-friends

For all you Persona fans out there, or for people who just like takin' quizzes, here's my favorite "What Arcana are you?" quiz.

Keep in mind, for those of you thinking about doing it: it's 33 questions long, so it'll take a hot minute to get through the whole thing.
I got The Priestess.

I'm a frickin Holy Woman, lads.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

https://www.quotev.com/quiz/5739130...e-Social-Link-you-establish-unto-your-friends

For all you Persona fans out there, or for people who just like takin' quizzes, here's my favorite "What Arcana are you?" quiz.

Keep in mind, for those of you thinking about doing it: it's 33 questions long, so it'll take a hot minute to get through the whole thing.
Last time, I was Emperor so that's cool.
I suppose Caesar is damn cool as far as Personas go.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Y’all I’ll probably keep saying this but even if he ****s up way too much and never really learns I’ll still defend Shiny.

I’ll challenge him when he’s being stupid, but I’m not going to outright yell at him for ****

Whether or not this ends up in another “feeling of betrayal” is a bridge I’ll cross when I get there

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just finished rewatching Spiderverse since my mom got me a DVD copy of it for Easter and I’m in the mood to discuss that movie more, anyone interested in indulging me in this endeavor?
Overpraised and overhyped. Average movie at best. Basically see it how some people saw Black Panther. Very overrated.

I'm not sorry.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just finished rewatching Spiderverse since my mom got me a DVD copy of it for Easter and I’m in the mood to discuss that movie more, anyone interested in indulging me in this endeavor?
Ok, tell me why Spider Ham is the most attractive fictional character veer devised by man.

D

Deleted member

Y’all I’ll probably keep saying this but even if he ****s up way too much and never really learns I’ll still defend Shiny.

I’ll challenge him when he’s being stupid, but I’m not going to outright yell at him for ****

Whether or not this ends up in another “feeling of betrayal” is a bridge I’ll cross when I get there
Thank you.
I'm just scared about my future, I don't know if I'll get better or not.
Please don’t push the subject.
Good idea.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
am i that perceived as a heartless person
No, but you never compliment anyone ever. You never even like most of my posts or anything.

To receive official acknowledgement from you made me feel all wholesome. :)

I got Justice.

Not what I had in mind really. Maybe I'll retake it again since I wasn't sure of some of my answers.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, here's who I think the last Fighter's Pass characters are in no particular order.

1. Joker: Obviously
  2. Erdrick: Despite not being 100% yet, the leaks, "Brave", and the overall importance of Dragon Quest makes me think that Erdrick is in.
  3. Hayabusa: Now, hear me out, I know the 5chan leak is most likely dead in the water, I get that but looking back at my support over the years for this character I can't help but say, oh, yeah Hayabusa actually makes a LOT of sense at this point in time. If he's ever had a shot, it's now, and I think he made it.
  4. Banjo-Kazooie: I'm super tempted to put Steve here but... I dunno. I think people are underselling just how popular and important Banjo is to Smash. Like, all in all is he the MOST iconic character Microsoft has? Most certainly not, but that doesn't escape the fact that Banjo has been a Widely requested character since SMASH 64. Because, during that time, you have no idea how many times I plugged in that game only to hear them say "Where's Banjo?" I don't think we all think that ALL of K. Rool's popularity came from Smashboards, or the Smash Bros. Community, exclusively. I think we're all aware that K. Rool and Ridley's popularity went way outside the confines of Smash Speculation. I feel the same way about Banjo. Like with Hayabusa I feel like his time is now or never. Microsoft is BFF with Nintendo and Rare Replay has a HIGH likelihood of coming to Switch. If ever there was a time it's in this pass.
  5. Doom Slayer: I get it, yeah, I do. Doom Slayer is a controversial pick that a lot of people say CAN'T happen because of a LOT of reasons. Here's the thing. I think that's one of the big reasons we're getting him. He's impossible... Until he's not, and I think that's the kind of shock factor Sakurai will be aiming for. Pair that with Nintendo's new relationship with Bethesda, including the release of the upcoming Doom Eternal on Switch, the iconic factor of the Doom Series, and Pete Hines; VP of Bethesda, saying they've most certainly talked to Nintendo about Smash, which is actually saying a lot coming from a Western Developer, make me hopeful and maybe even confident in his chances.
Not gonna lie, I'd be MORE than satisfied with this DLC lineup. I think it perfectly balances mainstream appeal AND Hardcore appeal to the best of its ability and even SCREAMS Sakurai to me. This is the man that chose Snake, chose Cloud, chose Simon and Richter, chose Joker, and I feel like these choices perfectly meld with what I think his thought process is. Of course I won't swear on ANY of these but I think that these are probably the best 3rd party characters you could really ask for. And I feel like that says a whole lot.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sorry, was typing a long PM to someone and missed this.

I’m not just saying it to be polite- you genuinely didn’t know and that’s fine.
we’re okay friend. You don’t need to do anything extra for me.
I...

OK, I respect your wish and will drop it right now, but I still need to be much, much more careful next time, me being tired doesn't fully write off I asked a bad question at a bad time.

Still, thank you for putting up with my idiocy.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Thank you.
I'm just scared about my future, I don't know if I'll get better or not.

Good idea.
At this point bud it kinda feels like I have to tell you what to do, and that’s not fun for either of us, so try your best and learn from your mistakes from now on.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Y'all gettin' cool Arcana like the Priestess and Justice, meanwhile every time I take that quiz, I always, ALWAYS get the Hierophant.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I...

OK, I respect your wish and will drop it right now, but I still need to be much, much more careful next time, me being tired doesn't fully write off I asked a bad question at a bad time.

Still, thank you for putting up with my idiocy.
Eh, it happens

You’re my friend. You’ve been nothing but nice to me. You’re welcome a mistake just like anyone else is

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So, here's who I think the last Fighter's Pass characters are in no particular order.

2. Erdrick: Despite not being 100% yet, the leaks, "Brave", and the overall importance of Dragon Quest makes me think that Erdrick is in.
  3. Hayabusa: Now, hear me out, I know the 5chan leak is most likely dead in the water, I get that but looking back at my support over the years for this character I can't help but say, oh, yeah Hayabusa actually makes a LOT of sense at this point in time. If he's ever had a shot, it's now, and I think he made it.
  4. Banjo-Kazooie: I'm super tempted to put Steve here but... I dunno. I think people are underselling just how popular and important Banjo is to Smash. Like, all in all is he the MOST iconic character Microsoft has? Most certainly not, but that doesn't escape the fact that Banjo has been a Widely requested character since SMASH 64. Because, during that time, you have no idea how many times I plugged in that game only to hear them say "Where's Banjo?" I don't think we all think that ALL of K. Rool's popularity came from Smashboards, or the Smash Bros. Community, exclusively. I think we're all aware that K. Rool and Ridley's popularity went way outside the confines of Smash Speculation. I feel the same way about Banjo. Like with Hayabusa I feel like his time is now or never. Microsoft is BFF with Nintendo and Rare Replay has a HIGH likelihood of coming to Switch. If ever there was a time it's in this pass.
  5. Doom Slayer: I get it, yeah, I do. Doom Slayer is a controversial pick that a lot of people say CAN'T happen because of a LOT of reasons. Here's the thing. I think that's one of the big reasons we're getting him. He's impossible... Until he's not, and I think that's the kind of shock factor Sakurai will be aiming for. Pair that with Nintendo's new relationship with Bethesda, including the release of the upcoming Doom Eternal on Switch, the iconic factor of the Doom Series, and Pete Hines; VP of Bethesda, saying they've most certainly talked to Nintendo about Smash, which is actually saying a lot coming from a Western Developer, make me hopeful and maybe even confident in his chances.
Not gonna lie, I'd be MORE than satisfied with this DLC lineup. I think it perfectly balances mainstream appeal AND Hardcore appeal to the best of its ability and even SCREAMS Sakurai to me. This is the man that chose Snake, chose Cloud, chose Simon and Richter, chose Joker, and I feel like these choices perfectly meld with what I think his thought process is. Of course I won't swear on ANY of these but I think that these are probably the best 3rd party characters you could really ask for. And I feel like that says a whole lot.
And here I thought we agreed on most things nowadays...

I'm sticking to my guns of Joker/Erdrick/Banjo-Kazooie/Tales of/Resident Evil.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Isn't that list basically the same as the 5Chan leak that was debunked a while back?

In all honestly my prediction is

71. Joker
72. Erdrick (E3/June Reveal; Releases September)
73. Banjo (E3/June Reveal; Releases September)
74. Lloyd Irving (September Reveal; Releases December)
75. Jill Valentine (VGA/December reveal; Releases Feburary 2020)

Edit: Realized I saw Banjo and not Steve. Nevermind.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Y'all gettin' cool Arcana like the Priestess and Justice, meanwhile every time I take that quiz, I always, ALWAYS get the Hierophant.
Okay but Hierophant Purple is a totally useful stand.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
D

Deleted member

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Eh, it happens

You’re my friend. You’ve been nothing but nice to me. You’re welcome a mistake just like anyone else is
Man, you really are Pyra IRL!:ultdiddy:

No, for real, thank you alot, you really are a great person.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
banjo outdated
steve overrated

yep... it's fulgore time

image.gif

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On a related note involving Into the Spider-Verse. Sequels and spin-offs I'm willing to give a chance in being improvements from the last film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom