• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Huh.

Well, I suddenly feel pretty cruddy.
Top ten insecurities that make you embarrassed to socialize (number 7 will SHOCK you!)

WaxPython

Smash Ace
I don't want to come across negative again but I'll just say this in a calm matter.

Given they demysteryified what made the xenomorphs scary the same way I feel about Joker which is why I think its stupid they're giving him an origin film. What makes Joker so scary and mysterious is he could be anyone. Was he an innocent man? A bad man made worst? A man sitting next to you on the bus or a person walking by in public. That's why I think such a film isn't needed.

Hell The Killing Joke even makes it clear that Joker's origin in that might not actually even be true at all.
What? One of the best comics of all time the killing joke is a joker origin story....

Are you sure you understand the joker character?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You keep mentioning this comparison, but what does Black Panther have in common with Aquaman outside of being Superhero movies? Same with Gamera and Aquaman, except drop the Superhero part since Gamera is a Kaiju movie.
Black Panther and Aquaman:
-Ancient civilizations far more advanced then everywhere else who isolates themselves from the world.
-Main characters who must challenge their relatives for the throne.

As for Gamer and Aquaman. Its mainly the Heisei Trilogy. Both have Atlantis involved where Gamera's origin was being an ancient bio-weapon created by the Atlanteans to fend off the Gyaos' whom they also created to deal with pollution but eventually backfired and destroyed the civilization.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah I have a weird question but one that I'm interested in, Smash as a franchise doesn't have a yearly release nor one every three years it's something special and something Sakurai takes his time with to make it the best he can be which is why the Smash Cycle is so interesting and fun.

So it doesn't have a very consistent schedule and this site is based primarily off of the Smash Bros franchise, What happens after the Cycle is over?

I assume this site becomes a lot less active cause of it right? Where and what does everyone do in between cycles does the site kind of go silent or does everyone migrate to the Nintenzone area?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Joker definitely looks like it'll knock the ball out of the park.

It only took like 7 movies to start being a good extended universe.
Too bad Joker isn’t apart of the DCEU, but I feel like it’ll be a real good movie (slow, but good)
I don't want to come across negative again but I'll just say this in a calm matter.

Given they demysteryified what made the xenomorphs scary the same way I feel about Joker which is why I think its stupid they're giving him an origin film. What makes Joker so scary and mysterious is he could be anyone. Was he an innocent man? A bad man made worst? A man sitting next to you on the bus or a person walking by in public. That's why I think such a film isn't needed.

Hell The Killing Joke even makes it clear that Joker's origin in that might not actually even be true at all.
Joker doesn’t need an origin story....tell that to the ****ing awesome Telltale series that gave him an amazing origin story

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

?

It's very clear Leto Joker is the main DCEU Joker, but Arthur Joker is a predecessor of some kind before him. Bruce Wayne as a kid is literally in the Joker trailer, this is just another take on him, like how Heath Ledger was an entirely different face of the character by 2008 standards.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Alright, that's fair, I gotta admit the Dark Knight trilogy really is on another level when it comes to superhero movies.
But thing about the Dark Knight trilogy is that it's self-contained.

I'll say the Dark Knight trilogy at least matches the MCU.

But if it's DCEU vs. MCU? I'm going to choose the consistency of Marvel over the horribly mixed bag DC has produced so far. They've just begun to find their footing about 7 movies in, which is far too long for a cinematic universe in my opinion. At this point they've also squandered some of their best characters, such as Superman and Lex Luthor among others.

The MCU is remarkable in that it managed to make society as a whole care about formerly B-tier superheroes like Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man. Before the MCU it was all about the X-Men, Spiderman, and the Hulk with a side of Fantastic Four. The MCU completely changed that and it's important to note that accomplishment.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Oh yeah I have a weird question but one that I'm interested in, Smash as a franchise doesn't have a yearly release nor one every three years it's something special and something Sakurai takes his time with to make it the best he can be which is why the Smash Cycle is so interesting and fun.

So it doesn't have a very consistent schedule and this site is based primarily off of the Smash Bros franchise, What happens after the Cycle is over?

I assume this site becomes a lot less active cause of it right? Where and what does everyone do in between cycles does the site kind of go silent or does everyone migrate to the Nintenzone area?
What happens after the Cycle is over?

This.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
People need to understand the DCEU is dead. Characters such as Leto's joker and Batfleck aren't coming back because they were a complete failure. Good riddance I say.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So on the topic of superheroes.

What are your opinions on Brightburn?

Superman but if he were evil? Pretty much a supervillain horror film.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Truth.
Also, I would be way too shy to show myself.
i did a viva la revolucion back in the day, i hold no punches if mods be lackin'.

i dont have the time to be a mod for any type of place nowadays though, that **** ain't going in my schedule

Roberk

Smash Champion
But thing about the Dark Knight trilogy is that it's self-contained.

I'll say the Dark Knight trilogy at least matches the MCU.

But if it's DCEU vs. MCU? I'm going to choose the consistency of Marvel over the horribly mixed bag DC has produced so far. They've just begun to find their footing about 7 movies in. That's a long time, and too long for a cinematic universe in my opinion.
Definitely, that's why I questioned his opinion because it seemed to only compare DCEU vs MCU and on several levels MCU is just superior, not to mention his main pro of the DCEU was the Joker movie which hasn't even come out yet and can crash and burn.

D

Deleted member

What happens after the Cycle is over?

This.
Well the DLC Cycle is still going on so not necessarily, We still have things to do and characters to see.

What happens once this thread gets maxed out like the last one did? Do the Admins make a new one or is the site just done for awhile?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
What happens once this thread gets maxed out like the last one did? Do the Admins make a new one or is the site just done for awhile?
A new one gets made and we forget this one ever existed.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Let's do the opposite thing: the person that you least expect becomes an admin outta nowhere
How screwed are we?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Let's do the opposite thing: the person that you least expect becomes an admin outta nowhere
How screwed are we?
Well I've always wanted to become an admin, so yeah pretty screwed.

It'd be pretty fun for me though.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The Dark Knight trilogy is amazing, but tbh the movies are less of a superhero movie
THANOSBOARDS

THANOSBOARDS

Pranked members become Ant-Man
ThanusBoards
his main pro of the DCEU was the Joker movie which hasn't even come out yet and can crash and burn.
And is also not a DCEU movie
How screwed are we?
Me...and you’d all be ****ed

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Well the DLC Cycle is still going on so not necessarily, We still have things to do and characters to see.

Yes. After this thread ends the site will be shut down until the next Smash is announced.

Isn't that right Warchamp7 Warchamp7 ?

Being serious, most people move to the Nintenzone Thread, which becomes the main place for the "community" we've built. Others move on with their lives and leave to come back intermittently, or not at all. The site continues functioning the same as it has since 2000. Such is the way of life.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ADMINISTRATOR VOTING BALLOT RESULTS:

Hinata: 3
Tehponycorn: 2
Shishœ ( Administrator Bias ): 1
Faygoshill: 1
NonSpecificGuy: 1
Pyra: 1

Congratulations Hinata Hinata !
Moydow Moydow only chose their rival, because together they will make EtrianOdysseyBoards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roberk

Smash Champion
How screwed are we?
Plot-twist, it's some lurker with 0 messages that doesn't even like our posts yet still watches the thread.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Y'all sleeping on the Hanna-Barbera Cinematic Universe.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
MCU is just superior,
No It's not. If you like formulated mediocrity over risk taking then sure maybe it's more consistent. But better? nope no chance.

Movies like the dark knight trilogy can't be made with that tired formula. They had a chance for a thought provoking movie with the hulk and blew it.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If someone you ignore becomes an admin, what happens? Since the ignore button is automatically removed for mods/admins, does the site just force you to stop ignoring them? Or does a glitch happen, and suddenly it's impossible to STOP ignoring them?

AiThink.png

These are the questions that keep me up at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom