• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Has someone made the obvious Jack & Jill joke yet in reference to the former being Joker's name in the game data?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
t.Fan Rule #265.
Stop putting words in our mouth. We're not saying Sylux is impossible, we're saying you can't say "Sylux has a strong case going for him!" when the only evidence you can provide is "he doesn't have a spirit! that's suspicious, right guys?"

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Wait, why does everyone have Jill avi’s? Am I next?

Also, don’t start a war between Jill and Leon supporters! Both would be great and have iconic designs, great moveset potential, and a variety of scenes they could bring with them.

That being said, if you support Leon and Jill, I recommend you try out or watch a play through of a Resident Evil game that they are in. Particularly, Jill and Leon star in 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 (Jill in 1, 3, Revelations 1 and technically 5 even though she isn’t playable, while Leon is in 2, 4, and 6).

It’s a real great series, and is sometimes “**** your pants frightening”. I’m not playing 7 until I can get friends over to play on a dark night over the Summer for maximum entertainment.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hmmmm, these chairs are oddly colored like Skull Kid's fairies. And he's not an Assist trophy, yet the moon is....

He's in guys, totally. Believe me.

D

Deleted member

"while there is a really strong case for him."

Literally the only evidence you've provided is that he doesn't have a spirit. That's like building a house out of nothing but toothpicks and saying it has a strong foundation.
It's the same reason people expect Porky cause his Spirit is missing and he could be a promo pick for a Mother 3 localization when in actuality it's either one of two things, 1) The ASC is supposed to represent Porky or 2) If we do get Mother 3 they could easily do a Spirit Event to celebrate it.

It's not a very solid case for your character at all.

D

Deleted member

constantly rematching someone who keeps beating your ass in the vain hope that salty runback #307 will be your finest hour like
giphy (5).gif

KMDP

Smash Legend
I stand alone, as the sole zombie in a midst of people who basically hunt zombies for a living.

Day 28: I don't think they've noticed yet.
So, Hinata, what is your opinion on delicious brains?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Wow, people REALLY don't want Sylux in the game
View attachment 211001
I mean, I get that saying "He's in!" Is a bit much but you are all acting like his chances are laughable while there is a really strong case for him.
Not really...

The only evidence we have in his favor is "his spirit's missing" and "he'll promote Metroid Prime 4" despite the fact that that game was restarted from scratch, due to the fact that Nintendo wasn't pleased with the project, and we didn't even know if they were far along or confident enough in it to have a character that may not even have a huge major role in the game in the first place, as one of the elusive 5 dlc challengers

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, don’t start a war between Jill and Leon supporters! Both would be great and have iconic designs, great moveset potential, and a variety of scenes they could bring with them.

That being said, if you support Leon and Jill, I recommend you try out or watch a play through of a Resident Evil game that they are in. Particularly, Jill and Leon star in 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 (Jill in 1, 3, Revelations 1 and technically 5 even though she isn’t playable, while Leon is in 2, 4, and 6).

It’s a real great series, and is sometimes “**** your pants frightening”. I’m not playing 7 until I can get friends over to play on a dark night over the Summer for maximum entertainment.
It’s the Jillpocalypse! Run while you can!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I'm supporting Chris purely to be contrarian.

Also because he's fun in MvC3.
Chris punch.gif

Daily reminder each of those punches could move a boulder.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Stop putting words in our mouth. We're not saying Sylux is impossible, we're saying you can't say "Sylux has a strong case going for him!" when the only evidence you can provide is "he doesn't have a spirit! that's suspicious, right guys?"
It's difficult for people to show the benefit of the doubt here.

Besides, I don't see why the flimsy Sylux theory needed to be brought up now of all times when that was discussed to death months ago.

But seriously though, how on Earth could they not find art for the rest of the Hunters?

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
We got two Metroid characters in the base game. I hope we don't get a third character from it, especially with how Kirby hasn't gotten much of anything lately.

D

Deleted member

Grey was perfectly normal a week ago but now he's part of the writing team and a moderator what the **** happened

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
God save us, I think we're slowly turning into each other...
Nah, I was already thinking that with you. I never actually fleshed out my thoughts like I said I would because I ended up talking them to death in other outlets.

Basically, differences could be good. But in more cases than not they might not be. Recent examples of other studios taking over with another studios tools (Batman Arkham Origins, Shadow of the Tomb Raider) yielded mixed results. They weren't BAD games, but they weren't as good as the ones they were based on. They were derivative where people wanted change and they were changed in ways that weren't exactly net positive.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We got two Metroid characters in the base game. I hope we don't get a third character from it, especially with how Kirby hasn't gotten much of anything lately.
That's such a specific reason to not want something.

D

Deleted member

Tbf there's a difference between 'call him doyle because arsene has met sherlock' and 'call them jack and jane cause jack the ripper's final victim was called jane'. What would even be the connection between Jack the Ripper and Joker? I guess Jane could be building off of Jack's unrelated codename, but feels like a stretch my man.
A curious thing is that of all the Jack brothers (Frost, Pyro and the Ripper), the only one missing in the Persona 5 series is the Ripper. Gotta say, I doubt is the reason but keeps getting funny.

Only other reference to Sherlock from what I've seen is that the villain in the first book is also called Jack. Haven't found anything Jane related to Sherlock at all aside from actresses names.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wow, people REALLY don't want Sylux in the game
View attachment 211001
I mean, I get that saying "He's in!" Is a bit much but you are all acting like his chances are laughable while there is a really strong case for him.
We got 4 whole Metroid characters in Smash, they can wait another game or two for another newcomer

D

Deleted member

anyways sylux would be alright but he wouldn't bring hype that's anywhere near the levels of like banjo or erdrick

with that said elma's in guys

D

Deleted member

Thinking a character is more likely because they don't have a Spirit? More like:
"The Existence Of The Character I Want Wasn't Even Acknowledged So Here's How They Are Confirmed For DLC"

D

Deleted member

A curious thing is that of all the Jack brothers (Frost, Pyro and the Ripper), the only one missing in the Persona 5 series is the Ripper. Gotta say, I doubt is the reason but keeps getting funny.

Only other reference to Sherlock from what I've seen is that the villain in the first book is also called Jack. Haven't found anything Jane related to Sherlock at all aside from actresses names.
Pretty sure the villain of Study in Scarlet is named Jefferson, don't think they call him Jack in the book.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
How funny...

Back in Brawl and Smash 4, people were complaining about the notable lack of Metroid characters

Now thanks to Ultimate adding two more of them, people are complaining about possible Metroid inclusions like Sylux because they're afraid the franchise would be getting too many reps.

Look how far we've gone

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Grey was perfectly normal a week ago but now he's part of the writing team and a moderator what the **** happened
I just got lucky; nothing special.

Now though I can't just refresh the Social thread and ****post forever. Gotta actually do stuff. Ugh.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Is it wrong for me to want a series that I don't care much about (that just got a bunch of new stuff) to not get much more? Especially when a series I really like is somewhat neglected?
Somewhat neglected?

HE WAS THE MAIN PROTAG OF THE STORY MODE

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Thinking a character is more likely because they don't have a Spirit? More like:
"The Existence Of The Character I Want Wasn't Even Acknowledged So Here's How They Are Confirmed For DLC"
I feel...
personally attacked.

jack frost am i gonna have to smack a hee ho.png

But no seriously, Atlus he's your ****ing mascot character why is he not at least a goddamn spirit, ****.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom