• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Is it possible to achieve true sin?

Sources tell me yes.
oh yeah there are plenty of ways

arson, murder, child trafficking, and pranking people on smashboards are just a couple of ways to do so

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sylux isn't even the only Hunter missing, Rundas, Ghor, Spire, Noxus, and Weavil are also MIA as well. Sylux is not special in that regard and he shouldn't be treated as a sure thing when other characters share his fate.
That's why I'm saying they're more likely to do DLC Spirits to promote upcoming titles rather than DLC characters. It's literally just assigning a modifier to a JPEG, a modifier that is already coded into the game. Just pick from the wheel. Sure, designing a spirit battle to acquire said spirit is a bit of work, but it's just recombining already made assets.

Why promote new releases with fighters when they can make evergreen fighters who will sell on their own merit and they can promote their own titles for a fraction of the work.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Thinking a character is more likely because they don't have a Spirit? More like:
"The Existence Of The Character I Want Wasn't Even Acknowledged So Here's How They Are Confirmed For DLC"
You know who's suspiciously missing from the Spirits list?

220px-Cool_spot_box_art.jpg

That's right, the iconic mascot of 7-Up, and star of his own video game, Cool Spot. That can only mean one thing. Obviously, Sakurai is saving him for DLC so he can make a whole Spirit board full of other, lesser soda mascots for Cool Spot to assert his dominance over.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Now, people have pointed out that I was rude. I was. I played to the jillpocalypse game by trying to go the oposite direction. Just fun and games untill I Saw how hard I was being made fun of for saying Sylux was in. I was honestly surprised by the amount of... Ridicule comming my way.

I'm sorry for the "losers" remark. When saying that I hadn't planned to actually preach Sylux, I was simply rebelling against all the Jills.

"while there is a really strong case for him."

Literally the only evidence you've provided is that he doesn't have a spirit. That's like building a house out of nothing but toothpicks and saying it has a strong foundation.
Lets take this from the top:

Sylux is one of the Hunters: sidecharacters and bosses seen in MPH and MP3 (not the same hunters)
Among these hunters, Sylux has been set up to be sort of the main one. He's been mentioned be the developer of the prime series as a character he wants to Explore in depth in MP4 and he's appeared in the post-credits scènes of MP3 and Federation Force.

Does this role and his missing spirit confirm anything? No! Hunters are only side-characters, after all.
But when three other hunters (Gandrayda, Trace and Kanden) being repped as Spirits and a fourth (Spire) being a colour swap force Dark Samus, it's clear the smash team wanted to include the hunters. It's Just strange that the one Hunter being set up for a bigger role is nowhere to be found.

This hinges on two things:
Will his role in MP4 be as big as people are assuming? No way to tell.
Will there Just be a promotional spirit later? I don't think so. Overlapping Spirits happen constantly so it would make sense. And even if this could happen, you can't Just say "het might be a promotional spirit so het definitely wont be anything else than a promotional spirit!"

Now I dont have sources and I don't have sales figures but you can't simply wave this off as the bias of some dumb metriod fanboy.

Oh and BTW: the Idea that every single DLC character is definitely some Giant world changing hype machine is based on nothing. Who ever said cool, 1st party characters can't be DLC?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm supporting Chris purely to be contrarian.

Also because he's fun in MvC3.
View attachment 211007

Daily reminder each of those punches could move a boulder.
Fun fact: That full animation is actually an optional QTE you can use against Wesker in RE5.

I was really amazed by just how much effort went into recreating Chris, Jill, Wesker and Spencer from their respective games. I can retrace almost ALL their animations from the source material.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know who doesn't have a spirit, despite their series and their game getting a good amount of them? You know who plays a fairly major role in said game, more so than some other characters from the game who did get spirits? You know who is fairly well known and liked among the game's fans, and usually makes a lasting impression on the player?

You know who basically has the same résumé as Sylux?

image.jpeg

Pick a god and pray.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You know who doesn't have a spirit, despite their series and their game getting a good amount of them? You know who plays a fairly major role in said game, more so than some other characters from the game who did get spirits? You know who is fairly well known and liked among the game's fans, and usually makes a lasting impression on the player?

View attachment 211012
Pick a god and pray.
If it means we can finally get a Fire Emblem character who doesn't use a sword, I'm all in.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
We got 4 whole Metroid characters in Smash, they can wait another game or two for another newcomer
We got 3 and a half, while Metroid used to be one of Nintendo's biggest franchises.

They can wait a game (not two) but I don't see why they should

D

Deleted member

I wasn't joking btw. The elder from Pushmo IS in.
Think about it. Pushmo is over half a decade old with multiple games on multiple consoles. Isn't it strange such a high tier series only has a spirit and one music track? That's where the elder comes in. Like Mallo, he appears in all games as a crucial character to the story. The reason Pushmo content is so lacking is cause they're gonna hit y'all with the elder at E3, complete with 8 new music tracks and 12 new spirits.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Honestly, the only “promotional” fighters I like to see are characters that existed in the represented series before the new installment that already have an established fanbase and such. Someone like Fawful for the BIS remake and such...

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
That's why I'm saying they're more likely to do DLC Spirits to promote upcoming titles rather than DLC characters. It's literally just assigning a modifier to a JPEG, a modifier that is already coded into the game. Just pick from the wheel. Sure, designing a spirit battle to acquire said spirit is a bit of work, but it's just recombining already made assets.

Why promote new releases with fighters when they can make evergreen fighters who will sell on their own merit and they can promote their own titles for a fraction of the work.
>edelgard only has to get in as a spirit

frick yes, it's gamer time

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure the villain of Study in Scarlet is named Jefferson, don't think they call him Jack in the book.
Oh my bad, I was referring to Jack Stepleton from The Hound Of The Baskervilles. I though it was the first book for some reason.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

View attachment 211012
Pick a god and pray.
wait what if the theme of the DLC is meme quotes

Joker: LOOKING COOL. JOKER
Frederick: Pick a god and pray.

D

Deleted member

Wait Frederick... I got it! Rearrange Frederick and you get ErdrickFE/Erdrick FE

Erdrick is actually a Fire Emblem rep I'm sorry to break it to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
constantly rematching someone who keeps beating your *** in the vain hope that salty runback #307 will be your finest hour like
View attachment 211006
Gonna miss this man
We got 3 and a half, while Metroid used to be one of Nintendo's biggest franchises.

They can wait a game (not two) but I don't see why they should
...they should because they can save Nintendo newcomers for the next game while using the current dlc to bring in new franchises into Smash...

also why you gotta **** on Dark Samus like that? Echo fighter or not, she’s still a full character

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Wait Frederick... I got it! Rearrange Frederick and you get ErdrickFE/Erdrick FE

Erdrick is actually a Fire Emblem rep I'm sorry to break it to you.
Ah, I was wondering how John Dylan Smith somehow came up with the idea that Dragon Quest was an FE ripoff.

ARE YOU OKAY with the fact that this basically means Terry's confirmed?

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Gonna miss this man

...they should because they can save Nintendo newcomers for the next game while using the current dlc to bring in new franchises into Smash...

also why you gotta **** on Dark Samus like that? Echo fighter or not, she’s still a full character
Okay first of all Dark Samus shouldn't have been An echo

Second: why does Everyone blindly assume the DLC van simply not be 1st party?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom