• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You...
You do realise the missing spirit basically confirms it right?
No it doesnt. All it confirms is a lack of imagination on your part.
If you can only think of one reason a spirit is not in the game, you have not thought enough on it.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I stand alone, as the sole zombie in a midst of people who basically hunt zombies for a living.

Day 28: I don't think they've noticed yet.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
They can add in more spirits later, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some MP4 promotional event planned before the development update came out that would have added sylux
They can add promotional Spirits on top of normal Spirits.

In fact, they have! The Lets Go Pikachu and Eevee Spirits came seperate from the normal Pikachu and Eevee Spirits.

If there was a promotional thing planned they'd have made a special MP4 Sylux spirit, not Just left the most important Hunter out while featuring Several others

D

Deleted member

I'm not kidding
13d2a1d.jpg

I mean, would be a neat reference, but I highly doubt they'd go that deep for some code names nobody's meant to see in the first place.
objection:
Thanks to Teeb in the Joker thread we know that Arsene's model was codenamed "Doyle" - a reference to Sherlock Holmes author Sir Arthur Conan Doyle as well as a reference to Detective Conan who has a rival based on Arsene Lupin named Kaito Kid.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
guys theres no spirit for michael jackson from michael jacksons' moonwalker

we did it boys, he's finally in

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

In fact, they have! The Lets Go Pikachu and Eevee Spirits came seperate from the normal Pikachu and Eevee Spirits.

If there was a promotional thing planned they'd have made a special MP4 Sylux spirit, not Just left the most important Hunter out while featuring Several others
zQ23W3B.jpg.png

I truly don't know how this is a genuine argument anymore.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Might as well play along.

I can't believe that you people don't realise that everyone from the NES game Pro Wrestling is in, since they don't have spirits. :4pacman:

Real talk though, if they can add spirits at any time, they're being lazy about it, since they do spirit events all the time, yet those seldom add any new ones.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

I guess it's possible, but I really wouldn't get your hopes up. The only thing Sylux had going for him was being a potential promotional pick for MP4, and that game isn't coming out anytime soon...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You know who's really "brave"?

Me.

I was the DLC all along.

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I guess it's possible, but I really wouldn't get your hopes up. The only thing Sylux had going for him was being a potential promotional pick for MP4, and that game isn't coming out anytime soon...
I mean, maybe Sylux will be in as a bonus promotional rep, but he definitely won't be in the Fighters Pass.

Sylux isn't going to elicit anywhere near as much positive press and hype as third party picks (i.e. Joker, Banjo & Kazooie/Steve, Erdrick) will.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Wow, people REALLY don't want Sylux in the game
Screenshot_20190421-234714.jpg

I mean, I get that saying "He's in!" Is a bit much but you are all acting like his chances are laughable while there is a really strong case for him.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
All DLC will be 3rd party.
Spirits deconfirm characters.

If you don't have a specific spirit board you can make entirely relating to your character, then they're not in.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
jill in fanart: happy fun times
jill in re lore: literal living hell for every waking moment
Not EVERY waking moment.

She was living a pretty okay life there for a bit before the whole zombie thing.

D

Deleted member

I mean, would be a neat reference, but I highly doubt they'd go that deep for some code names nobody's meant to see in the first place.
Jack the Ripper is a persona, but agree in that its kinda obscure reference given that the other names. It's kind of funny whatever the names reason was chosen as they would make it a funny coincidence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
View attachment 211001
I mean, I get that saying "He's in!" Is a bit much but you are all acting like his chances are laughable while there is a really strong case for him.
"while there is a really strong case for him."

Literally the only evidence you've provided is that he doesn't have a spirit. That's like building a house out of nothing but toothpicks and saying it has a strong foundation.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
View attachment 211001
Since when was saying "that's not the right way to look at that characteristic" the equivalent to "Heh, this loser wants Sylux in the game. Not happening."?

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
View attachment 211001
You want to show us there's a strong case for him?

Then the burden of proof falls on you. Show us.

And it better be good. I don't want a repeat of Shiny's "Erdrick isn't confirmed" argument.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 211001
yeah except you're literally acting as if he's "basically confirmed"

his case is about as strong as "well he would be a neat promo rep"

D

Deleted member

Tbf there's a difference between 'call him doyle because arsene has met sherlock' and 'call them jack and jane cause jack the ripper's final victim was called jane'. What would even be the connection between Jack the Ripper and Joker? I guess Jane could be building off of Jack's unrelated codename, but feels like a stretch my man.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
View attachment 211001
For the record, I think Sylux would be pretty cool and is probably a lock for the next smash game, but he's sort of missed his chance of getting into ultimate at this point.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1513673812741.png

You guys are all clearly just haters hating on Sylux because he's not Jill. That's obviously it. There's no other way. Yep.

D

Deleted member

Spirits deconfirm characters.
honestly at first i was doubting but after seeing the emphasis on spirits that joker brought i'm like 99% sure this is the case

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Sylux isn't even the only Hunter missing, Rundas, Ghor, Spire, Noxus, and Weavil are also MIA as well. Sylux is not special in that regard and he shouldn't be treated as a sure thing when other characters share his fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom