• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I think the discussion does bring up a good point. What echo fighter ideas do you guys have that could seem feasible taking in account build and overall similarly potential with the original?
Shadow - Nuts to the AT, I have a detailed list on how he could be differentiated from Sonic without making him radically different and staying true to his personality. Things like giving him variants of Wolf's fsmash and MK's Dimensional Cape.
Proto Man - Make his shield a passive akin to the Links' and swap the specials around for stuff he uses in MM9 & 10.
Deathborn - I want him to be a Ganondorf echo for the joke to come full circle. The Deathborn thread in my signature has really good ideas, go check them out. He's not even a Spirit so who knows if he'll get a lucky break by some miracle.
Jeanne - Never played a Bayonetta game but she's such an easy pick honestly, especially when Bayonetta is no longer a subject of controversy.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Really, my only question is the music to put in the pass. Sure, they could do a remix of the Tyrant theme, but beyond that...what music is there?
Alright. So. The only issue with RE music is that the majority of its soundtracks are atmospheric. Not the sort of stuff you'd fight to. That said, every RE game has its higher octane stuff, and some REs have nothing but high octane stuff.
Sad But True (Jill's Theme) - RE5
Sad But True (MvC3 Remix) - Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Assault Fire - RE5
Winds of Madness - RE5
Majini IX - In Flames - RE5
Rust in Summer 2008 - RE5
Mercenaries Theme - RE6
Ustanak Theme - RE6
Ada (Mercenaries) - RE4
Free From Fear - RE3 (Best Save Room Theme)
Missile Approaching - RE3
Nemesis (Final Metamorphosis) - RE3
Mr. X Theme - RE2Make
Tyrant Final Theme - RE2Make
HUNK's Theme - RE2Make
Main Hall (Atmosphere) - REMake
Neptune Tank - REMake
Final Battle - REMake
Main Theme - RE: Operation Raccoon City
Atrocity - RE: Operation Raccoon City
Nemesis - RE: Operation Raccoon City
Reckless Driving of LMO - RE: The Mercenaries 3D
Secret Lines - RE: The Mercenaries 3D
A Warrior Filled With Hope - RE: The Mercenaries 3D
Ride on Sea - RE Revelations
RAID Mode - RE Revelations
Revelations - RE Revelations 2
RAID Theme 2 - RE Revelations 2
Steve Boss Theme - RE Darkside Chronicles
Alexia Type II - RE Darkside Chronicles
Wesker's Theme - RE Umbrella Chronicles
Begin Here - RE Umbrella Chronicles
Alexia's Theme - RE: Code Veronica
Outbreak Main Theme - RE Outbreak
Stop The Train - RE0
Queen Leech 2nd Phase - RE0
James Marcus - RE0
Go Tell Aunt Rhody - RE7
Moonlight Sonata - Like half the RE games
Save Room Themes - All RE Games, make a remix. They're all iconic.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I’d love to voice act in his vids but I don’t know how to get in contact with him.
Hm, there must be some way. Have you tried checking his "About" page in his YT Channel? Maybe there's all of his social media/Email.

D

Deleted member

Finally got around to watching HunterxHunter.
I'n still very early on it but I'm loving it. Okay, to be fair, I had already watched some parts of the Game Island and Chimera Ant arcs and the entirety of the last one but I had never watched it from the beginning so I never got to see Leorio or Kurapika(lol) properly.
First arc is just a big Chunin Exams and that's my ****ing jam.
Leorio is cool, I'm a sucker for "good guys who hide behind a facade of shallowness"
Kurapika(lol) is basically Sasuke but he also reminds me of one of my own characters so I like him already.
Also, Killua is 10/10 best character and you can't change my mind, love the way he and Gon became friends.

D

Deleted member

I think the discussion does bring up a good point. What echo fighter ideas do you guys have that could seem feasible taking in account build and overall similarly potential with the original?
-Shadow for Sonic (Yes I know people want him as his own Unique Character but Shadow just fits so well as an Echo of Sonic. Which is why he seemed likely in the first place, he would've made total sense as a Sonic Echo and Still does.)

-Ninten for Ness (it's Such an Obvious choice I'm actually Shocked they didn't do this. Ninten for Ness makes so much sense, they look similar, they're the Same height, They could use the Same Moves. If we get free Echo DLC I would not be surprised in the slightest to see Ninten make it.)

-Dixie for Diddy (Yes Dixie could 100% be her own unique Character but I think if Sakurai thought that Dixie would fit as an Echo I think he would absolutely make her an Echo. Dixie fits as both but for the simplicity and to make it easier for himself I could see Saks making her an Echo akin to Chrom or Ken.)

WOAH, EVERYONE HOLD THE **** UP.

NINTENDO.

YOU CAN'T JUST CASUALLY DROP FINAL FANTASY VII LIKE THIS.

TELL US WHEN IT IS COMING YOU ****ERS.
For a Second I thought this was going to announce Cloud being in Mario Kart 8 but then I remembered that they would have to go through Square and MK8 is not made to be a Crossover game akin to Smash.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Alright. So. The only issue with RE music is that the majority of its soundtracks are atmospheric. Not the sort of stuff you'd fight to. That said, every RE game has its higher octane stuff, and some REs have nothing but high octane stuff.
Sad But True (Jill's Theme) - RE5
Sad But True (MvC3 Remix) - Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Assault Fire - RE5
Winds of Madness - RE5
Majini IX - In Flames - RE5
Rust in Summer 2008 - RE5
Mercenaries Theme - RE6
Ustanak Theme - RE6
Ada (Mercenaries) - RE4
Free From Fear - RE3 (Best Save Room Theme)
Missile Approaching - RE3
Nemesis (Final Metamorphosis) - RE3
Mr. X Theme - RE2Make
Tyrant Final Theme - RE2Make
HUNK's Theme - RE2Make
Main Hall (Atmosphere) - REMake
Neptune Tank - REMake
Final Battle - REMake
Main Theme - RE: Operation Raccoon City
Atrocity - RE: Operation Raccoon City
Nemesis - RE: Operation Raccoon City
Reckless Driving of LMO - RE: The Mercenaries 3D
Secret Lines - RE: The Mercenaries 3D
A Warrior Filled With Hope - RE: The Mercenaries 3D
Ride on Sea - RE Revelations
RAID Mode - RE Revelations
Revelations - RE Revelations 2
RAID Theme 2 - RE Revelations 2
Steve Boss Theme - RE Darkside Chronicles
Alexia Type II - RE Darkside Chronicles
Wesker's Theme - RE Umbrella Chronicles
Begin Here - RE Umbrella Chronicles
Alexia's Theme - RE: Code Veronica
Outbreak Main Theme - RE Outbreak
Stop The Train - RE0
Queen Leech 2nd Phase - RE0
James Marcus - RE0
Go Tell Aunt Rhody - RE7
Moonlight Sonata - Like half the RE games
Save Room Themes - All RE Games, make a remix. They're all iconic.
I was going to comment earlier that I had found some vids on Youtube that compiled it all together. Consider me proven wrong!

Really, I think we're in agreement of how good of a pick Leon or Jill would be. Nothing against Chris, but I just think the other two would definitely stand out more. Not to say that I expect Resident Evil in the game, but if you take that will the notion of characters we may not expect, I fully could see Resident Evil as a part of the DLC.

Now just the stage...Umbrella Labs, Raccoon City, or the Mansion? I think they all have pretty good reasons to be picked, but I'm honestly stuck between Raccoon City and the Mansion.

D

Deleted member

For a Second I thought this was going to announce Cloud being in Mario Kart 8 but then I remembered that they would have to go through Square and MK8 is not made to be a Crossover game akin to Smash.
I still want K.Rool in MK8D.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dixie if she were to get in I honestly would see being a semi-clone.

Neutral B: Gumball Popgun
Side B: Monkey Flip
Up B: Helicopter Whirl or Squawks the Parrot
Down B: Banana Peel
Final Smash: Guitar from DKC2 or Rambi the Rhino

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I was going to comment earlier that I had found some vids on Youtube that compiled it all together. Consider me proven wrong!

Really, I think we're in agreement of how good of a pick Leon or Jill would be. Nothing against Chris, but I just think the other two would definitely stand out more. Not to say that I expect Resident Evil in the game, but if you take that will the notion of characters we may not expect, I fully could see Resident Evil as a part of the DLC.

Now just the stage...Umbrella Labs, Raccoon City, or the Mansion? I think they all have pretty good reasons to be picked, but I'm honestly stuck between Raccoon City and the Mansion.
First: Chris is actually my favorite character. But I don't push for him in Smash because he's not as immediately identifiable by his design and he's had a major starring role in multiple MvC games. He's good. Classic Jill or Classic Leon are better picks.

Second: I have an unconventional pick for a stage:

The Queen Zenobia from Resident Evil Revelations.

The original Spencer Mansion might be the most iconic, but with Luigi's Mansion being a stage already how are you going to structure it to make it different? Looking at the mansion from the outside on a platform doesn't work. It's just a big house in the woods. You could make it a walkoff on both sides for a large indoor space, a la Little Mac's stage, but I think this is a better pick.

It's specific to Jill-- she was the star of this game-- and it's specific to Nintendo-- Revelations was a system seller for the still-at-the-time-flailing 3DS. It was exclusive to both Jill and Nintendo and offers more options for stage construction. Do you put them on the smaller boat Jill uses to get to the derilect ship? Do you go on top of the ship itself? Do you use floating platforms to show various chaotic moments that happen throughout Revelations? All the while it retains a dark theme in the middle of a thunderstorm to befit the horror genre.

The other obvious pick is simply Raccoon City's streets, like you said. It's where Capcom's gone for so many games and it can function as a best-of stage where we can see Mr. X, Nemesis, the USS soldiers, RE protagonists, etc. fighting off zombies in the background.

R O F L

Smash Ace

Guitar should be a victory animation.
I'm still upset that Diddy doesn't have his Boombox as a victory.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Screw all that, and put in Rebecca from RE0.
Basketballer alt costume.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Something I had in mind is that I could honestly see Dixie performing :ultdk: up and down specials using her hair instead.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Something I had in mind is that I could honestly see Dixie performing :ultdk: up and down specials using her hair instead.
Huh never thought about that actually. The Down B I could see but it'd make most sense for her Up B to use her hair as she's very associated in using it especially for grabbing and attacks.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Screw all that, and put in Rebecca from RE0.
Basketballer alt costume.
Y'know, I can't believe they kept that creepy *** picture in the remake.

Wesker's a homocidal maniac bent on godhood but let's not make him a perv, too.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Y'know, I can't believe they kept that creepy *** picture in the remake.

Wesker's a homocidal maniac bent on godhood but let's not make him a perv, too.
I thought that was on the police chiefs desk? And that would make total sense cause that guys a ****ing **** anywho.

I thought the Wesker thing was a note from Wesker or something. Dunno. Haven't had time to pick up the new one and haven't played the original in YEARS.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I really want to use this gif somehow. But I have no idea how or what for.

So I'll just post it here now.

'Kay now I'm good.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I thought that was on the police chiefs desk? And that would make total sense cause that guys a ****ing **** anywho.

I thought the Wesker thing was a note from Wesker or something. Dunno. Haven't had time to pick up the new one and haven't played the original in YEARS.
Nope. Chief Irons's desk isn't in the STARS office. That's Wesker's.

It should've been in Irons's. **** that guy.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Man, I'm a little under 100K GSP away from getting into Elite Smash.

But I keep getting FFAs...

Come on servers, give me one 1 v 1.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Guys I have a theory that the Grinch leak may not be real after all, I been playing for 2 months and I still didn't unlock Geno, Banjo, Isaac or Shadow... or maybe is that is just me that I don't know how to unlock them.
You have to do a 'fund me' and directly commission the characters from Nintendo.

Each character in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is built to have an echo fighter based on the game mechanic of shared weapons.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Something bad happened, the same thing. Just like it always happens since June 2018. But this...this is special. This is crazy.

I was sick of it the second time, now i'm just completely baffled as to why this happens.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Something bad happened, the same thing. Just like it always happens since June 2018. But this...this is special. This is crazy.

I was sick of it the second time, now i'm just completely baffled as to why this happens.
What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom