• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
He was only considered when Sakurai was looking for quick clones, so I don't think he really had any chances.

You are talking about one of Ganon's inconsistent character designs in the first part of your post.
Ganon and Ganondorf aren't exactly the same thing, despite sharing a lore.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So we’re talking about Zelda reps now?

I personally think Impa would be the best choice for a new Zelda rep.

Not sure which iteration they would go with, but I think either Skyward Sword or Hyrule Warriors would be cool.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
My heart will always pine for a Champion as the next Zelda rep, even if I'm the only one who feels that way.

It'd be fantastic if the Zora or Gorons got repped. We got four unique characters representing four different iconic Zelda races through the Champions, and it'd be a shame not to use at least one of them in Smash.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Neither are different Zeldas and Impas, considering they have limited lifespan unlike Ganon.
Zelda's many designs always keep the same features throughout the games, even if they are different from one another.

Show someone a picture of Zelda in any of her forms and they'll know it's her. People will also know how to differentiate Ganon and Ganondorf.

Show someone short fat grandma Impa and tall sheikah Impa and they wouldn't believe they are the same character.

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
My heart will always pine for a Champion as the next Zelda rep, even if I'm the only one who feels that way.

It'd be fantastic if the Zora or Gorons got repped. We got four unique characters representing four different iconic Zelda races through the Champions, and it'd be a shame not to use at least one of them in Smash.
Mipha could be fun, having a move that could heal you at any time that helps more than 5 damage be healed.
And a Goron rep could be nice as well, with Super Armor and a Rollout style move.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
If I was in charge of Smash Bros and had to add more Zelda characters, I'd add Impa (Sheik Echo), Skull Kid, and a champion (preferably Revali so we can have Decidueye as an echo fighter). They're all non-triforce wielders, and aside from Impa are visually and mechanically unique. 3 Zelda characters are probably too much, but it hasn't got anything since Brawl (or Melee) so I say it's justified.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So how would you guys place the characters in regards to how you like to play as them in Ultimate?
Occasionally not terrible: :ultmarth: :ultlucina:
RIP the Chromicide: :ultchrom:
He's okay in Smash but his FE game sucks: :ultroy:
They're fun but I suck with them: :ultzelda: :ultrobinf: :ultrichter:
Used to like them in Smash 4 but just can't click with them here: :ultzss: :ultcorrinf:
Indifferent: everyone else

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If I was in charge of Smash Bros and had to add more Zelda characters, I'd add Impa (Sheik Echo), Skull Kid, and a champion (preferably Revali so we can have Decidueye as an echo fighter). They're all non-triforce wielders, and aside from Impa are visually and mechanically unique. 3 Zelda characters are probably too much, but it hasn't got anything since Brawl (or Melee) so I say it's justified.
Even if we got Revali, Decidueye wouldn't be added as an echo for a multitude of reasons.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

Nah, there's a lot of people who want to see them as newcomers and were disappointed that they weren't. From a gameplay/franchise stance of them having some unique moves and bringing some new Zelda races to the forefront, I can understand that. Especially since they're brand new and exciting characters.

In context of their game, though, I'm not very emotionally attached to them. Story and characters were one of BotW's weakest points, in my opinion, outside of Zelda's character journey. The Champions are all very one-dimensional and cliche, and don't get a whole lot of screentime. Hence why Champions Ballad was invented to find a way to give them more spotlight, but it wasn't anything that actually developed their characters further or made them more interesting. Just gave each one an action scene, primarily.

I'd prefer characters with a little more substance and depth to them, like Midna or Skull Kid. Not that that quality matters much in regards to Smash, obviously, but in terms of how interesting they are and how easy it is to be emotionally attached to them, they're higher up on the list.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Sakurai confirms that he is working on a Free DLC for Ultimate, it will be called "Smash Battle Royale" and it will be a new online mode were 100 players are dropped in an island and they have to get weapons and stuff and the last one alive, wins.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If Goku DID make it in, which form do you think would be used? Base? Super Saiyan? Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan?
If I were in charge, base. I'd give him a neutral special that was like Deep Breathing but it's Kaioken, the boost stacks but the timing becomes tighter and screwing up leaves you vulnerable. Final stack is Super Saiyan. Final Smash would have Goku attack the enemy while constantly changing into his stronger forms and finishing off with Ultra Instinct or Blue

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I'd prefer characters with a little more substance and depth to them, like Midna or Skull Kid. Not that that quality matters much in regards to Smash, obviously, but in terms of how interesting they are and how easy it is to be emotionally attached to them, they're higher up on the list.
:happysheep: Yay!

:D On another note, I have to say that your signaure looks FREAKIN' COOL, Diem! For a second I thought it was a screen capture for something I hadn't seen before!

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
So how would you guys place the characters in regards to how you like to play as them in Ultimate?
Mains/Perform very well: :ultdarksamus::ultridley::ultrob::ultkingdedede:
Characters I play as frequently and perform fairly well: :ultganondorf::ultsnake::ultmegaman::ultkirby:
Characters I like to play but haven't learned completely and often suck with: :ultrichter::ultjigglypuff::ultincineroar::ultsonic::ultdaisy::ultmetaknight::ultgunner::ultinkling::ultpichu::ultcloud::ultroy2:
Characters I don't play very often, but when I do, I somehow kick everyone's ass: :ultyoshi::ultlink:
Old main that I can sometimes pull out and stomp with: :ulttoonlink:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Even if we got Revali, Decidueye wouldn't be added as an echo for a multitude of reasons.
Other than the stupid fanrule that characters can't be echo fighter from a different series (which I think doesn't matter), I don't think there's anything stopping it from working. They're both Archer Birds.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Other than the stupid fanrule that characters can't be echo fighter from a different series (which I think doesn't matter), I don't think there's anything stopping it from working. They're both Archer Birds.
Pokemon Company.

Doubt they'll let one of their creations be based on a Zelda character, especially when it could easily justify a moveset using moves they created.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Isabelle couldn't be an echo because of her body shape being too different from Villager.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know he's dead, but I don't think Revali gets many ghost moves.

AndreaAC

Nintendo may be planning a smaller Switch model this year.

If so, I had a feeling. They're gonna want to get the Switch's own "2DS" variant out there so that there's a model that's more kid-friendly and a nicer price point for parents, just in time for Pokemon this holiday season.
....I thought I had found the hope for my wallet, but then I read "The report states that the smaller Switch will costs consumers less money, but it will remove features to emphasise portability." So no...I will get the real deal. :<

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Revali also has little stubby legs while Decidueye's out there playing basketball.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
:happysheep: Yay!

:D On another note, I have to say that your signaure looks FREAKIN' COOL, Diem! For a second I thought it was a screen capture for something I hadn't seen before!
Thanks! Figured my last one had wore out its welcome. I cropped this signature a while ago, before Ultimate came out, but was just holding off on using it for a bit. The artwork is from this extremely talented fellow. I'm nowhere near being able to make something like that myself XD Avatar is also by Cryophase.

One of my favorite parts about Dark Samus being added to Smash is that she finally gets a bunch of cool artwork. Since she was a fairly niche character from the mid 2000's, before digital/internet art really took off, there wasn't much. Now, it's definitely doubled.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The biggest issues would be the character designs. Revali carries and actual bow while Decidueye uses its wings as one, meaning their bow animations would be different. Decidueye's wings are also much longer then Revali's more arm-like wings, which would also make it so any melee attacks using them would have to be different.

And that's before going into any thematic differences.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is going to be free for PS3 Playstation Plus subscribers and, it being my favorite game in the franchise, any one that can should take this chance to play the game. It's ****ing amazing!

PSA_END.JPEG

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I know he's dead, but I don't think Revali gets many ghost moves.
Lucario, Incineroar, and Ivysaur all also neglect to use moves from one of their types (also Jigglypuff but that's excusable because she wasn't fairy type at the time). I think Decidueye could handle having very few ghost type moves (besides, any one of Revali's bow moves could be given a stun property, and now we have Spirit Shackle)

AndreaAC

Thanks! Figured my last one had wore out its welcome. I cropped this signature a while ago, before Ultimate came out, but was just holding off on using it for a bit. The artwork is from this extremely talented fellow. I'm nowhere near being able to make something like that myself XD Avatar is also by Cryophase.
:D Anytime! o3o Ooooh, for a second I thought that art in particular was made by Cryophase too! It's great to see more japanese artist make Metroid stuff, I have come across some really good ones over the years, but now there are quite some more then before (and I mean, not counting the ones that just go to draw ZS Samus)! All of his artwork is amazing, and utterly hilarious at times! xD Don't say that! You could if you tried! XD I suck at drawing Samus, but I feel I could take a shot at Dark Samus, her being more smooth and less bulky looking than her! One day!

:D Yeah, same case for Riddles! I felt He barely got anything serious, and it was more meme pictures and whatnot before Smash! :> And well, his reveal boosted my inspiration to the max, and I hope that when i get the same, it can be the same!

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Cunning God of Death::ultridley:
Getting used to the changes::ultmewtwo:
Nostalgic::ultpikachu::ultyoshi::ultdk::ultbowser::ultike:
Love the character but can't meld with the moveset well::ultisabelle::ultwolf::ultkrool:
Rarely play at all::ultpichu::ultlucario:
Haven't played with extensively:ultbayonetta::ultbowserjr::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultdiddy::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ulticeclimbers::ultincineroar::ultinkling::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultkirby::ultlink::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmiifighters::ultgnw::ultness::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpit::ultpiranha::ultdarkpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultrob::ultrobin::ultrosalina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultryu::ultken::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultzss:
Hell No!:ultolimar::ultdoc::ultlittlemac:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

With getting some good tax returns in the process, I copped up some good amount of titles for my Switch. THREE of them, to be exact.

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
Downwell
Wargroove

I mainly wanted to get Momodora because of Halfcoordinated's run back long ago during AGDQ, Downwell because it was in Dunkey's list and ****ing $2.99, and Wargroove cause people have been raving about it to high end and fro.

As someone who's just jumping into these games, any y'all have any experiences with these three, or feel like I'm going to have a good time?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Lucario, Incineroar, and Ivysaur all also neglect to use moves from one of their types (also Jigglypuff but that's excusable because she wasn't fairy type at the time). I think Decidueye could handle having very few ghost type moves (besides, any one of Revali's bow moves could be given a stun property, and now we have Spirit Shackle)
OK but the designs are too different. Echoes can be fluid in terms of animation and even moves apparently, but not build as evidenced by Isabelle being unique rather than a full on clone.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
OK but the designs are too different. Echoes can be fluid in terms of animation and even moves apparently, but not build as evidenced by Isabelle being unique rather than a full on clone.
Fair enough. I still think the idea would work at some degree of cloneness, but I guess not an Echo Fighter.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Fair enough. I still think the idea would work at some degree of cloneness, but I guess not an Echo Fighter.
If Sakurai were to include Decidueye then I think he'd prefer to make it unique. It has too many abilities to not to.

But Decidueye is disconfirmed to me. Even by some miracle they added another Gen 7 Pokemon as DLC, Sakurai dashed those hopes by openly talking about his exclusion during development last week. Just like Ice Climbers before him; being mentioned by Sakurai while DLC is being made is the kiss of death.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Kid Goku.

In the same way that Sakurai has tried to reference "OG" Mega Man, and Pac-Man, and Snake (to the best of his abilities) he would put a twist on Goku to celebrate Dragonball rather than Dragonball Z.

Powerpole. Martial arts directly referencing his movements in the manga. A kamehameha. Final smash is his great ape form.
or his final smash is a Mega Man type one that summons all the Gokus for a giant spirit bomb!

osby

Smash Obsessed
We talking about how Revioli is an echo Pokemon of Decidueye?
That and how Zelda reps in Smash aren't rep enough and need more rep in order to be more rep.

With getting some good tax returns in the process, I copped up some good amount of titles for my Switch. THREE of them, to be exact.

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
Downwell
Wargroove

I mainly wanted to get Momodora because of Halfcoordinated's run back long ago during AGDQ, Downwell because it was in Dunkey's list and ****ing $2.99, and Wargroove cause people have been raving about it to high end and fro.

As someone who's just jumping into these games, any y'all have any experiences with these three, or feel like I'm going to have a good time?
No idea, but I only heard good things about Momodora.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Alright alright I just had a big KH thought
I'm at leaste 90% sure Sora is in TWEWY because in Dream Drop Distance, Neku told sora "See you in Shibuya" and sora responded "Sure, Its a deal."
Sora is in shibuya, im sure of it now

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So how would you guys place the characters in regards to how you like to play as them in Ultimate? Mine would be:

Great: :ultwolf:
Good: :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool::ultrob::ultdarksamus::ultdaisy::ultpeach::ultganondorf::ultfalco::ultzelda::ultsamus:
Starting to feel good/in need of practice: :ultryu::ultken::ultfox::ultpokemontrainerf::ultpalutena::ultincineroar::ultdk::ultdoc::ultsheik::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultridley::ultchrom::ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultsnake:
Unsure: :ultwiifittrainer::ultcloud::ultlucina::ultroy::ultrobin::ultcorrinf::ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultpiranha::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultisabelle::ultkingdedede::ultmario::ultlucas::ultyoshi::ultike::ultzss::ultbowser:
Iffy, may drop altogether soon: :ultswordfighter::ultgunner::ultmarth::ultluigi::ulticeclimbers::ultbayonetta::ultyounglink:
Not for me: :ultbrawler::ultlittlemac::ultpacman::ultgreninja::ultrosalina::ultolimar::ultmetaknight::ultmegaman::ultsonic:
Haven't tried yet lol: :ultinkling::ultvillager::ultduckhunt::ultshulk::ultwario::ultdiddy::ultbowserjr::ultness:
This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the roster ATM:

Untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom