• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ah wait, I remembered my dream whilst in the shower.
So, I had super speed for some reason, and I’d use it at this weird place which was, apparently, school. Anyway, I would come home, and my little sister (I don’t actually have a little sister) expressed her envy of my supa speeed and proceeded to kill me and gain my powers. Suddenly, I was alive again (it didn’t even occur to me that dying was a bad thing), and my father (who was completely different in this dream) had the powers now. Enraged, I proceeded to bash his chest in with one of those old-fashioned barcode scanners.
Suddenly, I was at a creek with an enormous black German Shepard, who was running around and rolling in the water. I was convinced I had to train myself, so I ran after the dog for ages, then caught him and took him into a red building, where my teacher (who doesn’t actually exist) was. We had a quick conversation about my dog, then the dream ended.

I know I fatalitied my fake dad, but it was a dream. No judging. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

in this thread who doesn't

oh and uh by the by completely unrelated but you can all expect a police visit at your homes tonight so cancel any plans
I for one do not, We don't even know what her actual name is for god's sake.

At least wait until we know more about her jeez.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ah wait, I remembered my dream whilst in the shower.
So, I had super speed for some reason, and I’d use it at this weird place which was, apparently, school. Anyway, I would come home, and my little sister (I don’t actually have a little sister) expressed her envy of my supa speeed and proceeded to kill me and gain my powers. Suddenly, I was alive again (it didn’t even occur to me that dying was a bad thing), and my father (who was completely different in this dream) had the powers now. Enraged, I proceeded to bash his chest in with one of those old-fashioned barcode scanners.
Suddenly, I was at a creek with an enormous black German Shepard, who was running around and rolling in the water. I was convinced I had to train myself, so I ran after the dog for ages, then caught him and took him into a red building, where my teacher (who doesn’t actually exist) was. We had a quick conversation about my dog, then the dream ended.
I like how the dog was the trigger to end the dream

D

Deleted member

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It is alright if you see it just like any other action movie.
But it's bad by MCU standards. Especially considering how much care and effort was placed into Iron Man 1.
You know. Funny thing about Iron Man 1 is that it's actually a miracle that movie came out to be as ****ing amazing as it is.

According to Jeff Bridges nearly the entire movie was improv between He, RDJ, Gwenyth, and Terrence Howard.

Robert Downey Jr. ****ing IMPROV'D HE ****ING AD-LIB'D THE "I AM IRON MAN" SCENE ON A ****ING WHIM! BECAUSE HE WANTED TO! AND THAT SHAPED THE ENTIRE MCU TO NOT HAVE SECRET IDENTITIES!

Crazy days in early Marvel Studio's man.

D

Deleted member

So like, where do all you people live? Not addresses or anything, but how diverse is the cultural user base here?

D

Deleted member

So like, where do all you people live? Not addresses or anything, but how diverse is the cultural user base here?
Georgia, USA.

It's very boring here and it's not a very pretty place so I wish I lived somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
In an existence of never ending dread.

Oh, you meant like where I live in the world? Check my profile.

But also never ending dread.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hi. Hope you're all enjoying your sundays. ;)

In case anyone's interested, I wrote a section on Erdrick movesets today. Here it is:

Erdrick's Moveset

There's a lot of weapons, skills and spells that Erdrick could use. Even if we only stick to what he can do in the original game there's quite a bit to go with.

Types of Weapons:
Swords, Axes, Flails (or Whips), Spears, & Boomerangs (in the remakes)

Types of Spells:
Fire, Lightning, Explosion, Healing, Buffing, Debuffing, & Repelling, as well as a Fast Travel spell.

(Note: I'll put the original western names in parantheses)

Firzz (Blaze)-> A simple fire spell; affects one enemy.
Heal -> A simple healing spell.
Poof (Expel ) -> Blows away weak enemies.
Zoom (Return) -> Instantaneous travel to a previously visited location.
Sizz (Firebal) -> A weak fire spell that affects a group of enemies.
Kaclang (Ironize ) -> Makes the hero immune to all enemy attacks for a short period of time.
Snooze (Sleep) -> May put a group of enemies to sleep.
Fizzle (StopSpell) -> Try to block the enemies' spell.
Holy Protection (Repel) -> Causes weak enemies to leave you alone.
Sizzle (Firebane ) -> This fire spell affects a group of enemies.
Zap -> Affects one enemy; the first lightning type spell.
Midheal (Healmore) -> A stronger form of Heal.
Boom -> Damages all targets with a powerful explosion.
Fullheal (Healall) -> Restores an ally to full health.
Zing (Vivify ) -> 50% chance to revive a deceased party member.
Omniheal (Healusall) -> Restores the party to full health.
Kazap (Thordain) -> Causes around 200 points of electrical damage to all enemies.
Evac -> Teleports outside.

There are other elemental-type spells that may be worth mentioning, even if Erdrick doesn't learn them:
Woosh -> Wind-type magic
Crack -> Ice-type magic
Zam -> Dark-type magic (stygian bolt)

In addition to other classes, if we extend beyond Dragon Quest III, there are tons of skills that heroes are able to use. Along with other weapons and spells, this makes Erdrick's moveset potential immense. It wouldn't be all that odd to be able to use later skills, as they even have Erdrick using GigaSlash or Gigagash in Dragon Quest Battle Road Victory:

Created Movesets:

Note: Most of the movesets we made showcase variety, and involve multiple weapons as well as skills beyond Dragon Quest III.

Teeb147 Teeb147 :
Attacks:

A: Jab or kick
AA: Shield hit
AAA: Bigger sword hit finisher after knocking someone with the shield hit.
A-rapid: Multi-fists (fisticuff) -> Rapid random punches and kicks.

Forward-tilt: Wind Sickles (fisticuff) -> Hands charge up to then launch a wave of arcing wind forward, having great range but not a lot of knock back (maybe just a small wind box along with the damage)
Down-tilt: Leg Sweep (staff/pole) -> Use a staff weapon to sweep forward on the ground. Or simply a sweeping kick. Has a chance to trip.
Up-Tilt: Sword/Axe swing going up OR Whip hit upwards like the belmonts.

Dash Attack: Running Elemental Slash -> An elementally charged up slash like a Fire Slash, or other sword skill like Luminary has in DQ11

Forward Smash: Gigaslash ->Huge lightning infused sword attack forward and towards the ground.
Up Smash: Shining Shot (bow) -> Shoots upwards with a shining arrow that hits upwards and then rains down around erdrick to hit all around.
Down Smash: Whip attack on both sides like the belmonts OR Boom -> Big explosion all around erdrick. Third idea is a strong mace hit back and forth.

Neutral-Aerial: Axes of Evil -> Swings and spins around an axe hitting back and forth, with an effect on it like in the games, providing a big hit box around.
Forward-Aerial: A good Sword strike like some of the sword characters.
Back-Aerial: Boomerang throw or skill, like Starburst Throw backwards (wouldn't go too far, and only does a weak arm hit if boomerang is already out) OR Slime throw :p (throws a slime that looks happy to be thrown, and hits others on contact)
Up-Aerial: Axe/Sword swing up OR Bang -> could act like Ivysaur's up-air to some degree.
Down-Aerial: Whip hit downwards or Bow shooting arrow downwards -> A bit like Megaman's down-air, but faster startup and no spiking hitbox.

Specials:

B: Sizzle -> Casts fire that moves forward in a wave motion close to the ground, and also sweeps backwards at some points. (Good as a setup, or making opponents go in the air) Powered up version stays longer if charged with tension.
Side-B: Zap -> Casts lightning that goes forwards and upwards. Is more powerful version and a longer arc if charged with tension.
Up-B: Bang jump -> Casts bang downwards, causing an explosion shooting erdrick upwards. Does not put in free-fall, but can't jump after it. (Can be useful to quickly go in the air after someone and following up, or shooting arrows downwards at someone on the ground, etc) More powerful blast and height with tension charge.
Down-B: Blockenspiel (shield) -> Both a blocking ability as well as an attack. Take reduced damage and no knockback, and attack at the same time (maybe with a small delay?) with the shield. OR Tension up which has a bit of startup (or Feel the burn, which would act like Incineroar's revenge in smash). Give a charge, powering up moves (can be stacked, but may take longer or more to do so).

Grabs: Slime could come out as part of grab or some throws.

Final Smash: Gigagash. Super powered up version that hits a big and wide arc forward. Maybe even party members showing up and using MPathy to give mp to erdrick to use the powerful move, almost like a DBZ spirit bomb moment.

@NomadLuminary :

@liquidmetalslime :

@Naoyatodo :

@shinhed-echi :

Other Movesets:
1) Legendary Hero of Old, Erdrick (online document)
2) Erdrick Moveset (over multiple posts)
3) Another Erdrick Moveset;)
4) Physical Moveset (a lot of slash skills)
(It's got a few of our movesets in it.)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I spent most of my life in Arizona, but I've been living in California for just over two weeks now.

Either way though I've lived in the American southwest my entire life.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You know. Funny thing about Iron Man 1 is that it's actually a miracle that movie came out to be as ****ing amazing as it is.

According to Jeff Bridges nearly the entire movie was improv between He, RDJ, Gwenyth, and Terrence Howard.

Robert Downey Jr. ****ing IMPROV'D HE ****ING AD-LIB'D THE "I AM IRON MAN" SCENE ON A ****ING WHIM! BECAUSE HE WANTED TO! AND THAT SHAPED THE ENTIRE MCU TO NOT HAVE SECRET IDENTITIES!

Crazy days in early Marvel Studio's man.
I mean, telling the world he's Iron Man is totally something Tony Stark would do.

Whether it's because he's drunk or because he's over-confident, he'd do it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm thinking of running a Simulator of sorts. It's not Hunger Games, but I think someone ran one of these and it was pretty popular

I need 28 more slots, noms are open. No more then 2 noms per person. This thing is a little specific, so no abstract concepts/multiple people on one slot (users are ok though). Sans, Peridot, Incineroar, and Decidueye are all already in.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm thinking of running a Simulator of sorts. It's not Hunger Games, but I think someone ran one of these and it was pretty popular

I need 28 more slots, noms are open. No more then 2 noms per person. This thing is a little specific, so no abstract concepts/multiple people on one slot (users are ok though). Sans, Peridot, Incineroar, and Decidueye are all already in.
Put in Dante from the Devil May Cry Series.

Aaaaaaaaaand 2B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom