• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I said I wouldn't buy the fighters pass but I bought the fighters pass bring on Joker, Erdrick, Banjo whomever I'm sure Sakurai would make them fun.

D

Deleted member

Reality can be anything I want.
society.png

Allright, will I win this?

Iridium

Smash Hero
What? You don't find 2 slabs of beef, cheddar cheese, bacon all between two Krispy Creme Donuts to be the pinnacle of health?

I don't blame you.
Not sure why I thought those were bagels instead of donuts at first.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Gonna share my thoughts on whether or not the Joker update will be dropped out of nowhere just because I wanna.

Basically, I don't think it'll happen.

"B-But it happened with Plant!"

Completely different situation. Post-game content started being developed after the game launched, with the exception of Plant.

By the time Plant released, the game wasn't even two months old. There was no way they were anywhere close to have made enough progress to show anything from the Joker pack, and possibly Stage Builder as well.

Why do I think that? Because if anyone thinks that the devs can;
  • Plan out Joker's moveset
  • Fully model Joker and any Persona he uses in said moveset (because there's no way we won't see Personas)
  • Animate all of them
  • Program enough moves to show a trailer and have a proper breakdown (so about 90% of the moveset)
  • Completely finish his stage, which would very likely have cameos of more Personas, thus many more characters to fully model and animate
  • Make at least one remix, most likely two or three depending on how long the breakdown would've been
All while simultaneously working on Piranha Plant, Stage Builder, patching the game a few times and god knows what else in less than two months, they're actually insane.

Basically, they had nothing to show beyond Plant, which could've been enough for a bite-sized portion of a general Direct because just five minutes about Plant isn't nearly enough for a Smash Direct... except we didn't get one until a couple days after Plant released.

Plant was a very unusual situation where they had nothing new to show, and no possible time to actually show what little could've been shown.

This isn't the case right now. Joker's almost done, his stage is almost done, they at least know all the tracks if the remixes aren't 100% completed, and that's not even mentionning Stage Builder...

Shadowdropping a big update like that would be highly unusual and I just don't see it happen. Especially when all 2.0.0 did was balance the game, add Plant and call it a day. Nowhere near the potential amount of content we'd get for 3.0.0.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Gonna share my thoughts on whether or not the Joker update will be dropped out of nowhere just because I wanna.

Basically, I don't think it'll happen.

"B-But it happened with Plant!"

Completely different situation. Post-game content started being developed after the game launched, with the exception of Plant.

By the time Plant released, the game wasn't even two months old. There was no way they were anywhere close to have made enough progress to show anything from the Joker pack, and possibly Stage Builder as well.

Why do I think that? Because if anyone thinks that the devs can;
  • Plan out Joker's moveset
  • Fully model Joker and any Persona he uses in said moveset (because there's no way we won't see Personas)
  • Animate all of them
  • Program enough moves to show a trailer and have a proper breakdown (so about 90% of the moveset)
  • Completely finish his stage, which would very likely have cameos of more Personas, thus many more characters to fully model and animate
  • Make at least one remix, most likely two or three depending on how long the breakdown would've been
All while simultaneously working on Piranha Plant, Stage Builder, patching the game a few times and god knows what else in only two months, they're actually insane.

Basically, they had nothing to show beyond Plant, which could've been enough for a bite-sized portion of a general Direct because just five minutes about Plant isn't nearly enough for a Smash Direct... except we didn't get one until a couple days after Plant released.

Plant was a very unusual situation where they had nothing new to show, and no possible time to actually show what little could've been shown. This isn't the case right now. Joker's almost done, his stage is almost done, they at least know all the tracks if the remixes aren't 100% completed, and that's not even mentionning Stage Builder...

Shadowdropping a big update like that would be highly unusual and I just don't see it happen.
I think the people who think 3.0 will be dropped with no fanfare are the minority, tbh.

2.0 was just balance changes and stuff we knew, 3.0 is BIG.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I think the people who think 3.0 will be dropped with no fanfare are the minority, tbh.

2.0 was just balance changes and stuff we knew, 3.0 is BIG.
Only reason 3.0.0 would be dropped without fanfare is for Sakurai to be the one making the millionth "YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING~!" joke.

Just saying that the sheer size of the next update means there's absolutely no way we won't get a Direct this month.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Only reason 3.0.0 would be dropped without fanfare is for Sakurai to be the one making the millionth "YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING~!" joke.

Just saying that the sheer size of the next update means there's absolutely no way we won't get a Direct this month.
We're closer to the billionth joke I think.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Hm, if Smash Run were to miraculously come back, ReDeads need to actually be ReDeads when they return. Latching onto you, and...

I just want the chills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom