• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm slowly but surely getting out of my no-Persona-for-Switch funk.

Persona 5R will be fun, even if it's on PS4 only. Joker in Smash is still hype.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm thinking of running a Simulator of sorts. It's not Hunger Games, but I think someone ran one of these and it was pretty popular

I need 28 more slots, noms are open. No more then 2 noms per person. This thing is a little specific, so no abstract concepts/multiple people on one slot (users are ok though). Sans, Peridot, Incineroar, and Decidueye are all already in.
Me, Poinoi, Noinoi, Poipoi, and Satan Baby Theresa.

Get the whole Noipoi crew in there.

D

Deleted member

I'm thinking of running a Simulator of sorts. It's not Hunger Games, but I think someone ran one of these and it was pretty popular

I need 28 more slots, noms are open. No more then 2 noms per person. This thing is a little specific, so no abstract concepts/multiple people on one slot (users are ok though). Sans, Peridot, Incineroar, and Decidueye are all already in.
Froggy, Evoker and I.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Hmmm...

Elma from Xenobalde, and Min Min from ARMS

Thanks

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyone ever watch those videos of game music being compared to other songs for how similar they are?

I watched like 6 of them not too long ago, I knew some of them of already, but that the underground theme from SMB1 was aped off of something else was bit of a surprise.

Makes me wonder why Kenji Yamamoto in particular got in trouble when so many composers took samples and riffs for their songs in games. But I guess he was just a next level plagiarizer.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm very interested in this. Continue on with this train of thought.
I showed up at 9, and didn't return to my room until 5 (give or take times).

Each bout, even to 5 touches, takes mental power and precision. And that's not mentioning how I had to get out of my comfort zone and play aggressive for a solid 3 bouts in a team match.

I'm ****in' exhausted. But I am getting better. I placed solidly in the middle of the open tournament, which is a definite improvement from second to last in my last open tournament.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Are you ok with the waiting? :p

smash is cool tho, that's true :)
Honestly, if you had asked me a few weeks agon(and believe me, people did) I would have told you know. That we would have at least seen him by now. Even if he wasn’t out. But now... I’m resigned to it.

Sakurai wanted to include Jane, so they have to wait for Atlus to give us the skinny on her before they can show us what they’ve got for Joker. And while I find this frustrating.... ah well. It’s whats happening. Clearly. At this point.

Although I wouldn’t mind if Nintendo announced the direct week’s in advanced just so we had SOMETHING to count down to and be sure of.

D

Deleted member

Hi. Hope you're all enjoying your sundays. ;)

In case anyone's interested, I wrote a section on Erdrick movesets today. Here it is:

(It's got a few of our movesets in it.)
Oh this is neat! I've been thinking of making an Erdrick Moveset so it's nice to see others Ideas, I'm sort of in the making movesets for Characters mood and Erdrick has been on my mind for awhile I even attempted at making one once and he's a lot more interesting than people say.

So this is pretty neat! Nice job Teeb!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh this is neat! I've been thinking of making an Erdrick Moveset so it's nice to see others Ideas, I'm sort of in the making movesets for Characters mood and Erdrick has been on my mind for awhile I even attempted at making one once and he's a lot more interesting than people say.

So this is pretty neat! Nice job Teeb!
Nice. Be sure to let me see if you do make one :)
And thanks!

Have you done movesets for other characters?

KMDP

Smash Legend

Each bout, even to 5 touches, takes mental power and precision. And that's not mentioning how I had to get out of my comfort zone and play aggressive for a solid 3 bouts in a team match.

I'm ****in' exhausted. But I am getting better. I placed solidly in the middle of the open tournament, which is a definite improvement from second to last in my last open tournament.
Soon you'll be telling everyone to keep their eyes open.

D

Deleted member

My dream city is Paris.
Paris looks really cool.
Have you all been to Paris?

D

Deleted member

Anyone ever watch those videos of game music being compared to other songs for how similar they are?

I watched like 6 of them not too long ago, I knew some of them of already, but that the underground theme from SMB1 was aped off of something else was bit of a surprise.

Makes me wonder why Kenji Yamamoto in particular got in trouble when so many composers took samples and riffs for their songs in games. But I guess he was just a next level plagiarizer.
It gets me every time.

Sigma and Juno I guess.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Honestly, if you had asked me a few weeks agon(and believe me, people did) I would have told you know. That we would have at least seen him by now. Even if he wasn’t out. But now... I’m resigned to it.

Sakurai wanted to include Jane, so they have to wait for Atlus to give us the skinny on her before they can show us what they’ve got for Joker. And while I find this frustrating.... ah well. It’s whats happening. Clearly. At this point.

Although I wouldn’t mind if Nintendo announced the direct week’s in advanced just so we had SOMETHING to count down to and be sure of.
The wait was long, but now that we're 10 days away from the meaty stuff, I'm slowly starting to get excited again about finally being able to find out what's going on and play as joker :)

I can definitely understand feeling resigned tho

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I should mention again that we got the Microsoft thing coming up on the 16th, just two days from now.

Soooooo....we could have something worth talking about maybe. Either a reveal for another Mortal Kombat 11 character, or an Update for that new Battletoads game that was at E3. Not to mention potential multiplatform titles too.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Damn, hearing this is frustrating because my dad would never let me try fencing "because it's not enough cardio".
tenor.png

No offense, but what the **** is your dad on? Cardio plays a huge part in fencing. You need to have stamina if you want to make it through bouts (matches), all of which require lots of movement. This is especially true if you're a faster fencer, because then you're moving fast and need the stamina to keep that up throughout a tournament.

It's why I double up on cardio on days I don't fence.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can't believe TPC is training to become an anime swordsman.

D

Deleted member

fencing? seems pretty simple

jusr grab the sword and uhhhh
8441de3576af5261336c7fd345cb0726bae0815a822f3783f3ec9307db38aa59_1~2.jpg

****ing whack 'em

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I should watch more of that Generator Rex show. From the bit that I saw I did like it enough.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Joxer the Mighty, Old Man Jenkins and Robocop

Roberk

Smash Champion
View attachment 208451

No offense, but what the **** is your dad on? Cardio plays a huge part in fencing. You need to have stamina if you want to make it through bouts (matches), all of which require lots of movement. This is especially true if you're a faster fencer, because then you're moving fast and need the stamina to keep that up throughout a tournament.

It's why I double up on cardio on days I don't fence.
Yeah, it's stupid, just because I wouldn't have been running up and down the field like in soccer/lacrosse doesn't mean I wouldn't get exercise fencing.

D

Deleted member

Nice. Be sure to let me see if you do make one :)
And thanks!

Have you done movesets for other characters?
I've been thinking of making movesets for multiple Characters (Erdrick, Geno and Duster) but I have yet to finish any as I'm more so in the planning phase for them, Though I will let you know when I'm done with them.

I want to/need to plan a way to balance the movesets, Fit the Characters into archetypes, Make them Unique, Etc. There's a lot to do so I'm sort of going at a slow pace right now as there's a lot to plan and make.

D

Deleted member

I like your list. but does my little pony have to be at the bottom? :sadeyes:

no i know, maybe too cutesy
Honestly my issue with MLP isn't that it's a bad show, but that my brother had a brony phase and practically meme'd it to death. Therefore, I was forced to sit down and watch an episode here and there.

Also it felt too cutesy to me. I felt my teenage masculinity crumbling every time I enjoyed an aspect from it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So like, where do all you people live? Not addresses or anything, but how diverse is the cultural user base here?
Indiana.

Imagine concentrated mediocrity, but every once in a while you see a guy dressed like he's from two centuries ago flipping through his cell phone.

KMDP

Smash Legend

I think there were two factors in this.

The fans wouldn't bloody shut up about it, ever.
Kenji Yamamoto also plagiarized music when writing music for Dragon Ball Kai, which was much more open to the public sphere.

He wasn't caught by the people who mattered until DBZKai was being broadcast in America. The song that I think got him in trouble used the melody from the most recent Terminator film of the time.

For the record for the people who aren't in the know, we're talking about Kenji Yamamoto, the Dragon Ball composer, not Kenji Yamamoto, the Metroid composer.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I've been thinking of making movesets for multiple Characters (Erdrick, Geno and Duster) but I have yet to finish any as I'm more so in the planning phase for them, Though I will let you know when I'm done with them.

I want to/need to plan a way to balance the movesets, Fit the Characters into archetypes, Make them Unique, Etc. There's a lot to do so I'm sort of going at a slow pace right now as there's a lot to plan and make.
So long as you enjoy the process of building it up :)

I never go as far as putting percentages for damage and stuff like that because i feel like that goes into where balancing does play more a factor :p
Geno would probably always be a little bit of a zoner. dunno who duster is tho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom