• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I believe the Joker render, it is just Best Buy is acting all fishy about it.
There's nothing wrong with healthy skepticism, but literally what does Best Buy have to gain from faking this

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Banjo-Kazooie (June/E3 Reveal)
Erdrick (April reveal)
Heihachi Mishima (August-September reveal)
Ryu Hayabusa (December/VGA reveal)

Who'd be satisfied with these being the final four?
Frankly I wont mind, but I doubt that list will happen or those dates will happen. Searching patterns regarding reveals only leads to disappointment especially since they could very well announce the second DLC character and release it simultaneously with Joker.
Speaking of Verge...where has he been these past two months or so? I haven't heard anything new in regards to him.
He posted a week or two ago when someone brought Hyrule Cadenza and claimed that it was the title he was referring to.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Frankly I wont mind, but I doubt that list will happen or those dates will happen. Searching patterns regarding reveals only leads to disappointment especially since they could very well announce the second DLC character and release it simultaneously with Joker.
How do you think the reveals will go?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If this leak is supposed to be a prank, then it isn't a very good one.

Pranks are supposed to be funny.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait a minute...What if my original theory was right? What if Persona S ISN'T the new game, Royal is, and P5S is the rerelease? What if the message talking about "new Phantom Thieves" is referring to players on Switch who would be new to Persona 5?

BZocky

Smash Ace
Best Buy's all-knowing yet somewhat incompetent computermind is the reason we can't have nice things.
(i'm glad no newcomers got leaked though...)

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If this is supposed to be a prank, then it isn't a very good one.

Pranks are supposed to be funny.
Wait, they are? The Internet has ruined pranks so much I don't know the intent of those anymore.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I can forgive not having Demi-fiend on your list, but if it doesn't have at least Dante?

dante shaking his head.gif

Not interested.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Wait, they are? The Internet has ruined pranks so much I don't know the intent of those anymore.
Good Prank: None
Bad Prank: Whatever people decide a "prank" should be
OMG WHY Prank: The Internet and their April Fools gags

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Now that the tension is coming in full-force, may I provide relevant music?

(Also maybe check out the Codename S.T.E.A.M. soundtrack. There's some cool stuff there, and it'll make Opossum Opossum proud)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Right? I'm surprised given how integrated the series is into their culture. They've literally built a museum exhibit for it and release it on the weekends so people can just play it without it interfering with school. Crazy **** to hear about and it makes me optimistic that his reveal would be accepted generally.
Yeah and I mean we got Ridley so it only makes sense that they’d get someone too!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
This is a terrible idea for a prank, and it doesn’t make sense from a business standpoint.
Well for one, Smashified Ray-man was a prank and that had everyone up in a tizzle.

And for two, companies usually don't do pranks, it's usually people inside using company tools to do the pranking.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Late but heartfelt compliment and thanksgiving post. If you're not mentioned, it's nothing personal at all. Everyone here is cool and awesome. These are just my personal thoughts, in no particular order.

staindgrey staindgrey - It's always been an absolute pleasure having you around. You bring both maturity and silliness to the thread when appropriate, and it's always enjoyable seeing you around. Your great sense of humor is frequently apparent. Not only that, but your determination in the face of difficult conditions, both in Smash and in real life, are incredibly admirable. You handle the challenges life throws at you with patience, maturity, and diligence, not letting your emotions compromise your judgment, and that's a major virtue. And your determination to improve at Smash is great, even in spite of your struggle finding a character. On top of this, you're also incredibly passionate about your YouTube series, which you've put a lot of love into. When stories like Undertale make commentary on the value of determination, you're the kind of guy they're talking about. I only wish I had more Resident Evil experience to compare with you. Maybe when this nightmare of a month is over, we can play Operation Raccoon City or something idk

Noipoi Noipoi - I originally knew you as a silly artist several months ago, but came to become more familiar with your commentary and personality, as well as your talents. In addition, your youthful enthusiasm, creativity, and kindness are all a treasure, and you should never let that go. Keep honing your crafts and you'll go far!

@ShinyLegendary - Similarly, your youthful passion about things is a joy to see. And while you acknowledge that you struggle with some things, your openness to feedback and growth mean that you're already on your way to maturing and improving yourself to become a better you

Zinith Zinith - You almost singlehandedly got a man who's never played a Yoshi game before to buy a $60 Yoshi game on release last week. Your enthusiasm for the character has rubbed off on me and gotten me to appreciate him in a whole new way :yoshi:

Pyra Pyra - I don't interact with you too much in particular, but I often mistake your "Writing Team" credit for a moderator role, given your almost fatherly concern over the state of this silly thread. You're willing to speak out if things go too far, and I respect that courage and sensibility. You seem like the kind of person who would make a great leader of some kind

Moydow Moydow - Thanks for all the arenas! You're an incredibly skilled player and it's always intimidating to face you. I'm also still sorry about that Dedede match

Cyn Cyn - Thanks for being a great admin and managing and participating in this madness. Your ability to not only help run the board, but participate in the community with fun and creativity is awesome. Also, I keep confusing your name with Zidane from Final Fantasy, despite not knowing anything about the character besides the name, or knowing much about FF at all

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy - A man of many gifs, you tend to start a lot of interesting discussions, and are just very friendly and enthusiastic in general. Glad to have you around!

osby osby - I remember loving your participation in other threads last year, though you haven't participated too much in recent months, apparently due to some IRL issues, I recall. I'm hoping that things get better for you, and that someday soon you'll be able to fully rejoin us in discussions and... what passes for discussions sometimes

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom - You're not around often, but I'm impressed by your career as a teacher in Japan and role as a husband and father. Some of your insights into Japanese society and culture are really fascinating. Also, you're a fellow Tali-lover, so that's always grabbed my attention

@faygoshill - You bring a lot of joy and goofiness to the thread with a consistency and speed that confounds me. Your ****posting abilities are legendary

Gentlepanda Gentlepanda - I don't know who the hell Edea is but I'll never not think of you when I hear that name. At times you're on par with faygo when it comes to cracking jokes with great timing

Idon Idon - I don't know much about SMT or DMC (yet), but you're fun to interact with and your Ike game is scary good

PsySmasher PsySmasher - You're also really damn good at Smash, and it's fun sparring against you in arenas when I get the chance!

Will Will - Your snark can either be hit or miss, but your personality is still a fun one to have around, and your Jojo expertise is impressive

@TotsBS - I have no idea what your deal is with the Scott stuff, but your posts and contributions to discussions are interesting and entertaining

AndreaAC AndreaAC - I see you lurkin' in here sometimes. But I also know you from the Ridley thread, and your art and enthusiasm are great!

Cosmic77 Cosmic77 - I also know you from the Ridley thread, and when you pop in here, your posts are a great contribution to the discussion

Lollipopped Lollipopped - From one somewhat obscure character-lover to another, I always found your love of Pink Gold Peach to be heavily intriguing. Now when I play Mario Kart 8, I can't not think of you when I see her.

@Mr. Wario - Your signature is super adorable, and your contributions to discussion are often fun to read

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Hinata Hinata @Shishœ - It's fun to have you gals around and sharing your unique interests and commentary. Even if I don't interact with any of you directly, I tend to find your discussions and posts to be entertaining or informative

KMDP KMDP Wademan94 Wademan94 DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon - I had a blast talking with you guys about writing last week. I very rarely get the opportunity to discuss writing with other writers, so it was very exciting to me when we had a conversation about our work and processes. I'm always up for any further discussions!

@JDCabrera - As one Godzilla fan to another, you've got my respect. Beyond that, I appreciate your earnestness and simple enthusiasm that you're never afraid to show

And just a general thanks to all of you. I've been on internet forums since I was 13/14 years old. Boy was I embarrassing back then. But I've always tried to find a nice forum to frequent over the years, drifting from one to the other, but they all dried up or closed down over the years (lookin' at you, MetroidDatabase). I don't like Discord servers or subreddits. They're not great for discussion or getting to know people.

When I joined here last year in June, I only expected to discuss technical and speculative Smash stuff. I never imagined there'd be a goofy thread. Even if I don't have anything to particularly contribute to the discussion, I enjoy checking in and seeing you all. It's nice to have a little, supportive community that can bond around common interests and some humor.

Especially a community that can put up with the profuse amount of words that just fall out of my mouth on a day to day basis.

:ultdarksamus:

Up next, I guess: How not to write a 159 page pilot script...?

D

Deleted member

Give me 48 Smashboards Users. You've got 3 hours.

We're playing Smashboards Dangonronpa when I get back.
Ooo, add
vaanrose
Swamp Sensei
redfeatherraven
alek poster
Cutie Gwen
Opossum
Yellowlord
A Distant Demon
Coricus
Ura
The Stoopid Unikorn
praline
Chrono.
Okay, that is a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Reason I predict Heihachi at this point and being revealed around August is in his voice actors honor who died on that month.

Hayabusa for last because he'd be unexpected yet really hyped at the same time being one of the last known NES icons.

Banjo due to if rumors are true that Rare Replay is being on the Switch which seals his fate.

Then Erdrick because...You guys already know.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Idon Idon Idon Idon - I don't know much about SMT or DMC (yet), but you're fun to interact with and your Ike game is scary good
I think you may have mistaken me for Karn or Shiny. I haven't pulled out my Ike in ages.

Thanks for the mention though, you're fun to talk to, even if you did unwittingly steal the username I was about to switch to.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The can come up soon or at the end of the year, most likely end of summer/fall. The three announcements are quite big honestly, ALttP is one of the most popular SNES titles and I could see a ramake either in style of ALBW or the new Links Awakening.
Links Awakening isn’t even out yet. Link to the Past getting a remake NOW makes very little sense.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Zinith Zinith - You almost singlehandedly got a man who's never played a Yoshi game before to buy a $60 Yoshi game on release last week. Your enthusiasm for the character has rubbed off on me and gotten me to appreciate him in a whole new way :yoshi:
Tell me what you think of your first Yoshi game when you finish :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

How do you think the reveals will go?
Dunno, its pretty early to tell and development time can vary a lot of the reveals especially if they have further plans for DLC in the future. Last time in Sm4sh DLC we had simultaneous reveals with Ryu/Lucas/Roy and Bayo/Corrin so its very possible we could have something like that again (we could have 2 announcements this month for all we know and skip E3 or skip a new announcement now and make two announcements at E3). I don't think that right now we can fit the schedule of the characters, especially since we know that at least 2 characters were being developed by December given the datamine.

D

Deleted member

So KMDP KMDP .
I'm out of the Corel Prison and now back in the World Map. You said I can get Yuffie now, so where would I happen to get her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom