• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

re: Dora movie

Calling it now: End credits scene with Dora’s cousin, Diego. This will set up a spin-off\sequel, Go Diego Go.

Get ready for the Dora cinematic universe *******
Dora cinematic universe? Nah we're getting the Nickelodeon (Nick Jr. included) Cinematic Universe with Spongebob, Rugrats and More.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I just finished the first episode of Inuyasha, and I definitely feel like I like it.

God Emperor Yoshi KMDP What series should I go for next?
Me (internally): Don't say One Piece Don't say One Piece Don't say One Piece Don't say One Piece Don't say One Piece Don't say One Piece...
One P...unch Man.

Serious answer is "I'm not sure".

Since I don't know what series you've seen, I can't make proper recommendations. I also haven't watched that many Anime (more of a manga reader).

Actually, speaking of manga, I can recommend Kinnikuman.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
God I ****ing love this soundtrack.

Please someone stop me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dora cinematic universe? Nah we're getting the Nickelodeon (Nick Jr. included) Cinematic Universe with Spongebob, Rugrats and More.
Watch that the Sonic movie is the start of a Sega Cinematic Universe.

NiGHTS, Space Channel 5, Monkey Ball, Samba de Amigo, etc.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
The final chapter of Conquest was pretty good as is though. The fight against possessed Takumi has a certain level of emotion to it as Corrin has to kill the the brother that s/he failed, and to make it a generic monster fight would be disappointing.

Also leave Sakura out of this please she is an innocent maiden who must be protected.
Yeah, I agree with the whole monster thing being generic, I just made just for the idea Sakura attributing to the story in a pretty dark way.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What're your thoughts on One Piece? I'm curious cause I really like it myself.
It’s one of my favorite things to read, especially at the current arc it’s in. It’s hard to want to recommend it to anyone because it’s so massively long and the anime becomes a little hard to watch (a page or two in the manga can sometimes stretch into a whole episode... groan), but as far as shonens go I like it

When it comes to stuff like one piece you have to learn to take absurd tropes in stride. Constant power ups, Oda’s... uh... fetishes, backburner characters, power scaling, etc.
I can’t have conversations with people who get mad about One Piece very long because I just can’t relate. It’s too absurd for me to take it seriously enough to blow a gasket over “hurr durr Oda draws women creepily”

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Me (internally): Don't say One Piece Don't say One Piece Don't say One Piece Don't say One Piece Don't say One Piece Don't say One Piece...
One P...unch Man.

Since I don't know what series you've seen, I can't make proper recommendations. I also haven't watched that many Anime (more of a manga reader).

Kinnikuman never got an official translation, and I can't stand fan translations (they always try to put their own style on it and it's aggravating).

Iridium

Smash Hero
One P...unch Man.

Manga...well, I do know how to read them, but I obviously have little money of my own to use. I would be interested, but maybe when I get just a bit older.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
But where's the PBS Kids cinematic Universe?

I want a Cyberchase movie now! With Christopher Lloyd returning.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I've never really been appealed to Gundam-esque shows but I might check it out if I have time.

I've tried Cowboy Bebop before but I never really got far into it and I'm planning on giving it another shot, MHA I've already seen and it's pretty good. Two of my Best Friends really like the Anime so I have an understanding of it. With Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood the only thing I'm wondering about is if I have to watch the original to watch it cause I've heard it was good but I don't know if I have time to watch two shows from the same series or if I should/want to.

Code Geass I'm also planning to watch, Same with Kill la Kill and finally I've already watched OPM.

For the games you recommended I really want and have tried twice to get into KH but it never panned out cause the first try the game got scratched whereas the second time the entire console froze.

I need to try out Cave Story sometime though.
You don't need to watch Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) to understand Brotherhood. They're two different series derived from the same manga. The only difference is that 2003 was made when the manga was still releasing, so about half-way through they go off the rails into original story territory, whereas Brotherhood is a faithful adaptation of the manga (and from that better).

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Manga...well, I do know how to read them, but I obviously have little money of my own to use. I would be interested, but maybe when I get just a bit older.
If you're American and if you have 2 bucks a month to spare, you can get an account on VIZ and read basically every Shonen Jump manga besides a few titles...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Kinnikuman never got an official translation, and I can't stand fan translations (they always try to put their own style on it and it's aggravating).
I can read some basic Japanese so if a fan translation sounds wacky I just double check the raw

But also it’s just kinda hard to robotically translate Japanese into English without some kind of creative spin on it because that’s just how it is

D

Deleted member

One P...unch Man.

For real One Piece is like one of my favorite Manga ever. The Story may be long but you really care about the Characters and my boy Brook is so cool!
It’s one of my favorite things to read, especially at the current arc it’s in. It’s hard to want to recommend it to anyone because it’s so massively long and the anime becomes a little hard to watch (a page or two in the manga can sometimes stretch into a whole episode... groan), but as far as shonens go I like it

When it comes to stuff like one piece you have to learn to take absurd tropes in stride. Constant power ups, Oda’s... uh... fetishes, backburner characters, power scaling, etc.
I can’t have conversations with people who get mad about One Piece very long because I just can’t relate. It’s too absurd for me to take it seriously enough to blow a gasket over “hurr durr Oda draws women creepily”
Yeah I know the feeling I tried to introduce it to one of my best friends and they just couldn't get into it due to how long it is and I can't really blame them. One Piece will definitely get over 1000+ chapters in before ending the franchise and a normal human couldn't easily catch up with that unless they are hardcore dedicated to it.

I admittedly took a break from it for a few months but it's one of my favorite things to read as it's so entertaining and you really care about the characters.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

That's pretty much me with Fairy Tail.

Is it stupid? You know it is. I actually despise the last arc because it pulled so much friendship power and deus ex machina BS. That being said, I still enjoy it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
For real One Piece is like one of my favorite Manga ever. The Story may be long but you really care about the Characters and my boy Brook is so cool!

Yeah I know the feeling I tried to introduce it to one of my best friends and they just couldn't get into it due to how long it is and I can't really blame them. One Piece will definitely get over 1000+ chapters in before ending the franchise and a normal human couldn't easily catch up with that unless they are hardcore dedicated to it.

I admittedly took a break from it for a few months but it's one of my favorite things to read as it's so entertaining and you really care about the characters.
Its going to hit over a thousand chapters soon if it hasn’t already.

I forgot, but only because I stopped looking at the chapter numbers a while ago.

Haha

D

Deleted member

You don't need to watch Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) to understand Brotherhood. They're two different series derived from the same manga. The only difference is that 2003 was made when the manga was still releasing, so about half-way through they go off the rails into original story territory, whereas Brotherhood is a faithful adaptation of the manga (and from that better).
I will say that 2003 is still a good series, definitely still worth your time.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Watch Hajime no Ippo.

It's got no superpowers, no macguffins, no power-boosts, no timeskips, no nothing.

Just a bunch of boxers trying to beat each other up.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That's pretty much me with Fairy Tail.

Is it stupid? You know it is. I actually despise the last arc because it pulled so much friendship power and deus ex machina BS. That being said, I still enjoy it.
I wish having friends gave me plot advancement in real life. All it does is give me people to not text often

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I will say that 2003 is still a good series, definitely still worth your time.
It's good yeah, but between it and Brotherhood the latter is superior.
I wish having friends gave me plot advancement in real life. All it does is give me people to not text often
All it does is give me grief.

There was genuinely a time where I believed in friendship power. And then I lost all of my friends. It wasn't fun.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Its going to hit over a thousand chapters soon if it hasn’t already.

I forgot, but only because I stopped looking at the chapter numbers a while ago.

Haha
It's currently on Chapter 937 right now and with the crew just arriving at Wano 12-16 chapters ago I don't see the Franchise ending soon as they still need to go to Elbaf and other places.

I am curious about what's going to happen with the War in Wano though.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Back by popular demand, it's chapter 2!

"So let me get this straight." Asked a befuddled DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon . "That Ramen shop wasn't your palace?" Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku sighed and explained for the third time. "No, it wasn't my palace. I'm not a corrupt individual who needs his heart stolen, i'm just a guy running a shop. Now please return my noodles and get the **** away from me." Tehponycorn was kinda upset, he just got done with The Grinch's palace and he thought he was on a roll. "Oops, sorry hehe..." He then returned the ramen. Noipoi was super happy! After a fifteen hour flight on AndreaAC AndreaAC 's chariot, they had finally caught up to the ramen thief and secured the noodles. It was a crazy trip! They encountered a ginormous swarm of locusts that threatened to eat them alive ( ClaTheBae ClaTheBae refused to believe in them even while they nibbled on his face). A krew of strange reptiles who gifted the group with the most badass song they've ever heard. And they even came across the bringer of lewd, the almighty Mythra Mythra . Noipoi and Mythra were locked in a psychic duel of wits, but eventually Noipoi won and was gifted the link.

"Well, i'm glad we got that cleared up!" said Noipoi, a goofy smile on his face. "Now we can get back and eat some noodles!" However, the true adventure had just begun. Suddenly, a colossal explosion of pure evil energy shot out from the depths of the earth and into the sky. Then, as if it was never there, it vanished in an instant. "What in the ever loving **** was that?" Asked a shocked staindgrey staindgrey while @faygoshill clung onto him for protection. "I dunno, but we're gonna find out." Said a determined Noipoi, still hyped up from his victory against Mythra. "Yoshi (Are you kidding me? I don't even think I could eat that!) asked Zinith Zinith (who's name will always be Zinith to me). But Noipoi was already on his way to the source of the evil, and seeing as how he was the main character everyone was contractually obligated to follow him.

Our heroes were soon faced with a colossal fortress, the evilest fortress they had ever seen. Tehponycorn started getting excited, he has a thing about evil palaces. Guarding the fortress were a humanoid fiend (not a full fiend, more of a demi-fiend) known as Idon Idon . A pink, puffy jester rolling around on a ball known as PeridotGX PeridotGX . And a relatively normal looking guy holding a microphone known as Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! . "Halt! Who dares enter the fortress of evil evilness?" asked Guardian Idon. "We don't really wanna come in, but the blue weirdo does and he's our ride sooo..." answered @Mr. Wario. "None who aren't approved by our mistress shall enter" stated PeridotGX. "And last time I checked, you guys weren't approved. So piss off!" finished NateVO. Everyone looked at each other in confusion for a short moment. "Well in that case, how exactly do we get approved?" Asked Smashing Ramen. "The only way to get approved is to pass the challenges." started Idon. 'Yes, face the challenges and appear before her." continued PeridotGX. "And she's super scary, you don't stand a chance!" finished NateVO. "No chance? That's a chance i'm willing to take!" Exclaimed Noipoi. "That's ****ing stupid." said Cla. Suddenly Idon, PeridotGX and NatevO burst into laughter. "Bahahaha! You really *giggle* you really think we're just gonna let you in? asked Idon in the midst of hysterical laughter. "Get outta here before we have to kill you!" and so the guards turned our heroes away.

They were going to head back to the ramen shop, but Noipoi heard something from behind a large stalagmite. "Psst, over here!" Noipoi led the group behind the rock formation, only to find a small western marsupial named Opossum Opossum . A Shroob named... Shroob Shroob . a wooden doll in a light blue sweater named @ShotoStar and a guy called Pyra Pyra . "Heard you guys wanted to get in the fortress." started Opossum. "We can help you, if you help us." Noipoi was suspicious, but he loved animals so he decided to listen. "The dark queen resides in that castle, and if we don't act quick there could be big trouble. If you help us defeat her, we'll let you in the castle with us." Noipoi was already planning to defeat an ancient evil today, so this was right up his alley! "Alright, let's get this bread!" Noipoi shook Opossum's paw, and off they went.

The fortress was dark and dank, and was engulfed in an eerie aura. "Zoinks, I hope we don't run into any g-g-g-ghosts!" whimpered a freaked out Faygoshill. "Relax, ghosts aren't real. Like Giraffes." Cla said, trying to reassure everyone. "Yoshi (No, they exist. I eat em.)" responded Zinith. "Enough with the ghost talk, you're freaking Callie out!" Snapped Mr. Wario, holding his cursed Callie doll. Shroob held up his purple clawed hand, signalling everyone to stop. "In front of us is the door to the dark queen's chamber." he said. Opossum then cut in with "We've done our part, but this is where we part ways. We've still got a job to do." "May the stars be with you.' said ShotoStar, offering a blessing to the group. "Don't die, dweebs" said ToasterBrains. As the radical quartet left, our original group decided to enter the dark queen's chambers. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

As they entered the dark queen's chamber, an oppressive aura immediately had everyone shivering. "N-nani?" anime'd Faygoshill. In front of them was a colossal throne constructed of crystals that seemed to emit dark energy. The throne was guarded by five mighty warriors, osby osby Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Moydow Moydow and a penguin named..he didn't have a name. He was Just a penguin Just a penguin . Sitting on the throne was the most evil person they had ever seen, the mistress of mayhem, the princess of pain, the empress of evil, Dark Queen Cyn Cyn ! "Ah, I see you've arrived." she said, her voice slow and despicable. "Are you the one who's gonna destroy the world or something?" asked Noipoi, ready to fight this evil being. Cyndane however seemed shocked, appalled even. "What? destroy the world, me?" she asked, eyes wide. "My dear boy, that would be evil! And that's so not me!" Yeah, no one was buying it. This chick is evil. "Alright fine, i'm gonna destroy the world. But i'll give you a chance to save it." Everyone would be lying if they said they weren't intrigued. "If you beat my game, then i'll give you chance to save this pathetic world." Beating a game? These guys lived to play games!
They all immediately rose up like true gamers to the challenge, eager to take the Dark Queen on. "What game are we playing?" asked Noipoi, ready to win. Cyndane smiled an evil smile, and looked upon the group with a psychotic glee. "You'll take part in..."

"My Hunger Games!"

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's currently on Chapter 937 right now and with the crew just arriving at Wano 12-16 chapters ago I don't see the Franchise ending soon as they still need to go to Elbaf and other places.

I’m not talking about specifics here because spoilers

But also I highly doubt that it would end anywhere near just above 1000 chapters. I would give it maybe another 500 on top of that.

No rest for Oda

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Did you know Part 5 of JoJo was about halfway done when One Piece first started being serialized?
Watch that the Sonic movie is the start of a Sega Cinematic Universe.

NiGHTS, Space Channel 5, Monkey Ball, Samba de Amigo, etc.
I was about to say I'd love a NiGHTS movie, but then I realized it would look like the Sonic movie, and I'm not prepared to see Realistic NiGHTS.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

"So let me get this straight." Asked a befuddled DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon . "That Ramen shop wasn't your palace?" Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku sighed and explained for the third time. "No, it wasn't my palace. I'm not a corrupt individual who needs his heart stolen, i'm just a guy running a shop. Now please return my noodles and get the **** away from me." Tehponycorn was kinda upset, he just got done with The Grinch's palace and he thought he was on a roll. "Oops, sorry hehe..." He then returned the ramen. Noipoi was super happy! After a fifteen hour flight on AndreaAC AndreaAC 's chariot, they had finally caught up to the ramen thief and secured the noodles. It was a crazy trip! They encountered a ginormous swarm of locusts that threatened to eat them alive ( ClaTheBae ClaTheBae refused to believe in them even while they nibbled on his face). A krew of strange reptiles who gifted the group with the most badass song they've ever heard. And they even came across the bringer of lewd, the almighty Mythra Mythra . Noipoi and Mythra were locked in a psychic duel of wits, but eventually Noipoi won and was gifted the link.

"Well, i'm glad we got that cleared up!" said Noipoi, a goofy smile on his face. "Now we can get back and eat some noodles!" However, the true adventure had just begun. Suddenly, a colossal explosion of pure evil energy shot out from the depths of the earth and into the sky. Then, as if it was never there, it vanished in an instant. "What in the ever loving **** was that?" Asked a shocked staindgrey staindgrey while @faygoshill clung onto him for protection. "I dunno, but we're gonna find out." Said a determined Noipoi, still hyped up from his victory against Mythra. "Yoshi (Are you kidding me? I don't even think I could eat that!) asked Zinith Zinith (who's name will always be Zinith to me). But Noipoi was already on his way to the source of the evil, and seeing as how he was the main character everyone was contractually obligated to follow him.

Our heroes were soon faced with a colossal fortress, the evilest fortress they had ever seen. Tehponycorn started getting excited, he has a thing about evil palaces. Guarding the fortress were a humanoid fiend (not a full fiend, more of a demi-fiend) known as Idon Idon . A pink, puffy jester rolling around on a ball known as PeridotGX PeridotGX . And a relatively normal looking guy holding a microphone known as Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! . "Halt! Who dares enter the fortress of evil evilness?" asked Guardian Idon. "We don't really wanna come in, but the blue weirdo does and he's our ride sooo..." answered @Mr. Wario. "None who aren't approved by our mistress shall enter" stated PeridotGX. "And last time I checked, you guys weren't approved. So piss off!" finished NateVO. Everyone looked at each other in confusion for a short moment. "Well in that case, how exactly do we get approved?" Asked Smashing Ramen. "The only way to get approved is to pass the challenges." started Idon. 'Yes, face the challenges and appear before her." continued PeridotGX. "And she's super scary, you don't stand a chance!" finished NateVO. "No chance? That's a chance i'm willing to take!" Exclaimed Noipoi. "That's ****ing stupid." said Cla. Suddenly Idon, PeridotGX and NatevO burst into laughter. "Bahahaha! You really *giggle* you really think we're just gonna let you in? asked Idon in the midst of hysterical laughter. "Get outta here before we have to kill you!" and so the guards turned our heroes away.

They were going to head back to the ramen shop, but Noipoi heard something from behind a large stalagmite. "Psst, over here!" Noipoi led the group behind the rock formation, only to find a small western marsupial named Opossum Opossum . A Shroob named... Shroob Shroob . a wooden doll in a light blue sweater named @ShotoStar and a guy called Pyra Pyra . "Heard you guys wanted to get in the fortress." started Opossum. "We can help you, if you help us." Noipoi was suspicious, but he loved animals so he decided to listen. "The dark queen resides in that castle, and if we don't act quick there could be big trouble. If you help us defeat her, we'll let you in the castle with us." Noipoi was already planning to defeat an ancient evil today, so this was right up his alley! "Alright, let's get this bread!" Noipoi shook Opossum's paw, and off they went.

The fortress was dark and dank, and was engulfed in an eerie aura. "Zoinks, I hope we don't run into any g-g-g-ghosts!" whimpered a freaked out Faygoshill. "Relax, ghosts aren't real. Like Giraffes." Cla said, trying to reassure everyone. "Yoshi (No, they exist. I eat em.)" responded Zinith. "Enough with the ghost talk, you're freaking Callie out!" Snapped Mr. Wario, holding his cursed Callie doll. Shroob held up his purple clawed hand, signalling everyone to stop. "In front of us is the door to the dark queen's chamber." he said. Opossum then cut in with "We've done our part, but this is where we part ways. We've still got a job to do." "May the stars be with you.' said ShotoStar, offering a blessing to the group. "Don't die, dweebs" said ToasterBrains. As the radical quartet left, our original group decided to enter the dark queen's chambers. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

As they entered the dark queen's chamber, an oppressive aura immediately had everyone shivering. "N-nani?" anime'd Faygoshill. In front of them was a colossal throne constructed of crystals that seemed to emit dark energy. The throne was guarded by five mighty warriors, osby osby Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Moydow Moydow and a penguin named..he didn't have a name. He was Just a penguin Just a penguin . Sitting on the throne was the most evil person they had ever seen, the mistress of mayhem, the princess of pain, the empress of evil, Dark Queen Cyn Cyn ! "Ah, I see you've arrived." she said, her voice slow and despicable. "Are you the one who's gonna destroy the world or something?" asked Noipoi, ready to fight this evil being. Cyndane however seemed shocked, appalled even. "What? destroy the world, me?" she asked, eyes wide. "My dear boy, that would be evil! And that's so not me!" Yeah, no one was buying it. This chick is evil. "Alright fine, i'm gonna destroy the world. But i'll give you a chance to save it." Everyone would be lying if they said they weren't intrigued. "If you beat my game, then i'll give you chance to save this pathetic world." Beating a game? These guys lived to play games!
They all immediately rose up like true gamers to the challenge, eager to take the Dark Queen on. "What game are we playing?" asked Noipoi, ready to win. Cyndane smiled an evil smile, and looked upon the group with a psychotic glee. "You'll take part in..."

"My Hunger Games!"
I'm sickened.

But curious.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I hate how Bowser's recovery works so much. The fact that you have to mash B as quickly as you can while holding towards the stage means that the slightest hit can cause you to buffer Side-B out of hitstun, causing you to fall to your death. I've lost so many matches because of this in the last few days.

I'm starting to question if I should keep trying to learn Bowser or not.

D

Deleted member

"My Hunger Games!"
I appreciate the effort that went into this but not necessarily the thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom