• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Chapter 3? Or no Chapter 3?

That is the question.
No, release chapter 4 first, then chapter 10, and 8 versions of chapter 7, and then chapter 3.

Make people work for continuity. They have to get through all of the endless eight though

D

Deleted member

They need to make a One Piece game where you can make like your own pirate, give them a Devil Fruit, etc. and then sail around to different islands to explore and whatnot. The world of One Piece is too rich to just make "Stealth Luffy the Game™".

Or they should make a genuinely decent fighting game in the same vein as FighterZ.
I would love for ArcSys to make a One Piece game in the same vein of FighterZ but who would be on the Roster? Obviously all of the Straw Hats + Popular Characters like Whitebeard, Ace,
Sabo
and villains such as Buggy, Crocodile and Blackbeard but who else?

Shroob

Sup?
"Man, it's such a nice day today. The sun's shining and the temperature is nice. Absolutely nothing could ru---"

*The Granblue subreddit's fallen into a war over politics*

"Maybe I should have slept until tomorrow."

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
No, release chapter 4 first, then chapter 10, and 8 versions of chapter 7, and then chapter 3.

Make people work for continuity. They have to get through all of the endless eight though
**** the endless eight and frick you for reminding me of them.

They are a blight on an otherwise good anime, and easily could've been condensed into 2, if not 1 episode.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I would love for ArcSys to make a One Piece game in the same vein of FighterZ but who would be on the Roster? Obviously all of the Straw Hats + Popular Characters like Whitebeard, Ace,
Sabo
Shanks, Doflamingo, Mr. 3, Some of the big mom pirates, obviously some topical spoilery Wano characters, all of the Worst Generation, Boa Hancock, Ivankov, Smoker, Tashigi

This story had a bazillion of people to choose from, and they have chosen a bazillion in the past

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

They are a blight on an otherwise good anime, and easily could've been condensed into 2, if not 1 episode.
If I have to feel pain when thinking of one of my favorite anime’s, so does everyone else who can relate

Graizen

Smash Champion
Sabo
Katakuri please

KMDP

Smash Legend
It’s one of my favorite things to read, especially at the current arc it’s in. It’s hard to want to recommend it to anyone because it’s so massively long and the anime becomes a little hard to watch (a page or two in the manga can sometimes stretch into a whole episode... groan), but as far as shonens go I like it

When it comes to stuff like one piece you have to learn to take absurd tropes in stride. Constant power ups, Oda’s... uh... fetishes, backburner characters, power scaling, etc.
I can’t have conversations with people who get mad about One Piece very long because I just can’t relate. It’s too absurd for me to take it seriously enough to blow a gasket over “hurr durr Oda draws women creepily”
The Power Scaling in One Piece is fine, as far as I can tell most of it makes sense, it just doesn't follow a linear progression like most Shonen anime and I guess that confuses some people.

"hurr durr Oda draws women creepily" I really don't care.
Manga...well, I do know how to read them, but I obviously have little money of my own to use. I would be interested, but maybe when I get just a bit older.
KMDP KMDP Zinith Zinith

I do not think I ever completed a series, but...

Tokyo Ghoul, Attack on Titan, Dragon Ball (Z, GT, some of Super), Fairy Tail (my sister loved to watch it), Sailor Moon (same reason as before), and a bit of Danganronpa. I guess if we go off of if I at least watched an episode, the list would be longer.

However, I think anime focused on action will appeal to me more, although I cannot say that is all I would try to see. Also, I may have Yu Yu Hakusho on my radar soon enough. I just happen to be a bit "new" to this in some ways.
I have a list of manga I've read and anime I've watched that I could refer to to give you some suggestions (though it's not up-to-date).

I could refer to it, if I could find the damn thing.

Shroob

Sup?

Welcome to the Salty Spitoon, how tough 'r ya?

How tough 'm I? How tough 'm I? I watched all of Endless Eight.

Yeah, so?

In one sitting.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The Power Scaling in One Piece is fine, as far as I can tell most of it makes sense, it just doesn't follow a linear progression like most Shonen anime and I guess that confuses some people.

"hurr durr Oda draws women creepily" I really don't care.
It needs more power scaling tbh

Gimme ultra instinct Luffy

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 8.54.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 8.55.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 8.55.09 PM.png

Long time coming, but my Hunger Games 48 tribute run that I promised on Monday is ready. Place your bets now!

(Also @Onereasonanddone and Hinata, I couldn't get your names to work properly hence the removal of certain figures. Sorry)

Finally, this is the only time I'm doing images. Don't want to clog the thread too much.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Long time coming, but my Hunger Games 48 tribute run that I promised on Monday is ready. Place your bets now!

(Also @Onereasonanddone and Hinata, I couldn't get your names to work properly hence the removal of certain figures. Sorry)

Finally, this is the only time I'm doing images. Don't want to clog the thread too much.
Bro
How do you have half of those people in there but not me

I quit being ur friend :’(

D

Deleted member

(Also @Onereasonanddone and H Hinata_nc , I couldn't get your names to work properly hence the removal of certain figures. Sorry)

Aww I’ll have to miss since I’m going to sleep.
Oh well, when I wake up and I find I didn’t win I’m going to turn real life into a Hunger Games.

Shroob

Sup?
why are they of all people going nuts over politics?
A thread linked to a discussion article from RPS about the game and how the author was talking about "No openly gay/not a lot of people of color"(Which is wrong on both parts.)

A mod closed the thread because people were starting to get heated, and.... it all just spiraled from there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I bet that most of the contestants will outlive me but we'll have to wait and see

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I'm betting on OwO and UwU trying to do a double suicide and failing miserably.

D

Deleted member

Back by popular demand, it's chapter 2!

"So let me get this straight." Asked a befuddled DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon . "That Ramen shop wasn't your palace?" @Smashing Ramen sighed and explained for the third time. "No, it wasn't my palace. I'm not a corrupt individual who needs his heart stolen, i'm just a guy running a shop. Now please return my noodles and get the **** away from me." Tehponycorn was kinda upset, he just got done with The Grinch's palace and he thought he was on a roll. "Oops, sorry hehe..." He then returned the ramen. Noipoi was super happy! After a fifteen hour flight on @AndreaAC's chariot, they had finally caught up to the ramen thief and secured the noodles. It was a crazy trip! They encountered a ginormous swarm of locusts that threatened to eat them alive (@ClaTheBae refused to believe in them even while they nibbled on his face). A krew of strange reptiles who gifted the group with the most badass song they've ever heard. And they even came across the bringer of lewd, the almighty @Mythra. Noipoi and Mythra were locked in a psychic duel of wits, but eventually Noipoi won and was gifted the link.

"Well, i'm glad we got that cleared up!" said Noipoi, a goofy smile on his face. "Now we can get back and eat some noodles!" However, the true adventure had just begun. Suddenly, a colossal explosion of pure evil energy shot out from the depths of the earth and into the sky. Then, as if it was never there, it vanished in an instant. "What in the ever loving **** was that?" Asked a shocked @staindgrey while @faygoshill clung onto him for protection. "I dunno, but we're gonna find out." Said a determined Noipoi, still hyped up from his victory against Mythra. "Yoshi (Are you kidding me? I don't even think I could eat that!) asked Zinith Zinith (who's name will always be Zinith to me). But Noipoi was already on his way to the source of the evil, and seeing as how he was the main character everyone was contractually obligated to follow him.

Our heroes were soon faced with a colossal fortress, the evilest fortress they had ever seen. Tehponycorn started getting excited, he has a thing about evil palaces. Guarding the fortress were a humanoid fiend (not a full fiend, more of a demi-fiend) known as Idon Idon . A pink, puffy jester rolling around on a ball known as @PeridotGX. And a relatively normal looking guy holding a microphone known as @NateVO. "Halt! Who dares enter the fortress of evil evilness?" asked Guardian Idon. "We don't really wanna come in, but the blue weirdo does and he's our ride sooo..." answered @Mr. Wario. "None who aren't approved by our mistress shall enter" stated PeridotGX. "And last time I checked, you guys weren't approved. So piss off!" finished NateVO. Everyone looked at each other in confusion for a short moment. "Well in that case, how exactly do we get approved?" Asked Smashing Ramen. "The only way to get approved is to pass the challenges." started Idon. 'Yes, face the challenges and appear before her." continued PeridotGX. "And she's super scary, you don't stand a chance!" finished NateVO. "No chance? That's a chance i'm willing to take!" Exclaimed Noipoi. "That's ****ing stupid." said Cla. Suddenly Idon, PeridotGX and NatevO burst into laughter. "Bahahaha! You really *giggle* you really think we're just gonna let you in? asked Idon in the midst of hysterical laughter. "Get outta here before we have to kill you!" and so the guards turned our heroes away.

They were going to head back to the ramen shop, but Noipoi heard something from behind a large stalagmite. "Psst, over here!" Noipoi led the group behind the rock formation, only to find a small western marsupial named @Opossum. A Shroob named... Shroob Shroob . a wooden doll in a light blue sweater named @ShotoStar and a guy called Pyra Pyra . "Heard you guys wanted to get in the fortress." started Opossum. "We can help you, if you help us." Noipoi was suspicious, but he loved animals so he decided to listen. "The dark queen resides in that castle, and if we don't act quick there could be big trouble. If you help us defeat her, we'll let you in the castle with us." Noipoi was already planning to defeat an ancient evil today, so this was right up his alley! "Alright, let's get this bread!" Noipoi shook Opossum's paw, and off they went.

The fortress was dark and dank, and was engulfed in an eerie aura. "Zoinks, I hope we don't run into any g-g-g-ghosts!" whimpered a freaked out Faygoshill. "Relax, ghosts aren't real. Like Giraffes." Cla said, trying to reassure everyone. "Yoshi (No, they exist. I eat em.)" responded Zinith. "Enough with the ghost talk, you're freaking Callie out!" Snapped Mr. Wario, holding his cursed Callie doll. Shroob held up his purple clawed hand, signalling everyone to stop. "In front of us is the door to the dark queen's chamber." he said. Opossum then cut in with "We've done our part, but this is where we part ways. We've still got a job to do." "May the stars be with you.' said ShotoStar, offering a blessing to the group. "Don't die, dweebs" said ToasterBrains. As the radical quartet left, our original group decided to enter the dark queen's chambers. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

As they entered the dark queen's chamber, an oppressive aura immediately had everyone shivering. "N-nani?" anime'd Faygoshill. In front of them was a colossal throne constructed of crystals that seemed to emit dark energy. The throne was guarded by five mighty warriors, @osby @Chinderblock @NonSpecificGuy @Moydow and a penguin named..he didn't have a name. He was @Just a penguin. Sitting on the throne was the most evil person they had ever seen, the mistress of mayhem, the princess of pain, the empress of evil, Dark Queen Cyn Cyn ! "Ah, I see you've arrived." she said, her voice slow and despicable. "Are you the one who's gonna destroy the world or something?" asked Noipoi, ready to fight this evil being. Cyndane however seemed shocked, appalled even. "What? destroy the world, me?" she asked, eyes wide. "My dear boy, that would be evil! And that's so not me!" Yeah, no one was buying it. This chick is evil. "Alright fine, i'm gonna destroy the world. But i'll give you a chance to save it." Everyone would be lying if they said they weren't intrigued. "If you beat my game, then i'll give you chance to save this pathetic world." Beating a game? These guys lived to play games!
They all immediately rose up like true gamers to the challenge, eager to take the Dark Queen on. "What game are we playing?" asked Noipoi, ready to win. Cyndane smiled an evil smile, and looked upon the group with a psychotic glee. "You'll take part in..."

"My Hunger Games!"
Chapter 3? Or no Chapter 3?

That is the question.
Good job, waiting for next part.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sorry, you weren't requested back then...

Next round you'll be included.
You all are jerks

I should be at the forefront of EVERYONES minds. EVERYONE needs to request me. EVERYONE buys premium just to be like me. MODS AND ADMINS line up just to BAN m—

[banned for dramatic effect]

D

Deleted member

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
As the tributes stand on their podiums, the horn sounds.

Somecallme Johnny runs away from the Cornucopia.

Zack E. gathers as much food as he can.

Noipoi and TheMightyP fight for a bag. TheMightyP gives up and retreats.

PeridotGX runs away from the Cornucopia.

Reggie grabs a sword.

Iridium snatches a pair of sais.

NateVO runs away from the Cornucopia.

Thesaurus30 runs away from the Cornucopia.

a penny farthing finds a backpack full of camping equipment.

Gavin Free runs away from the Cornucopia.

ShinyLegendary scares Teeb147 away from the cornucopia.

ryumo scares KMDP away from the cornucopia.

Onereasonandone runs away from the Cornucopia.

liqudmetalslime runs away from the Cornucopia.

Smashing Ramen grabs a shield leaning on the cornucopia.

Uwu cannot handle the circumstances and commits suicide.

Flash Gordon runs away from the Cornucopia.

Xena finds a canteen full of water.

Wademan94 runs away with a lighter and some rope.

Cyndane finds a bag full of explosives.

faygoshill, Professor Pumpkaboo, staindgrey, and Idon share everything they gathered before running.

Left Shark takes a spear from inside the cornucopia.

Scarecrow runs into the cornucopia and hides.

tehponycorn runs into the cornucopia and hides.

Jonesy falls into a pit and dies.

Cool Spot grabs a shield leaning on the cornucopia.

ShotoStar kills Mr Window for his supplies.

Thanos Truck cannot handle the circumstances and commits suicide.

Luigi The President runs away from the Cornucopia.

OwO, Al Bundy, Agitha, and Larry Laffer share everything they gathered before running.

Thanos runs away from the Cornucopia.

Alexa Bliss overpowers Duck Hunt, killing him.

Star Butterfly runs away from the Cornucopia.

Doug Bowser runs away from the Cornucopia.

Just a Penguin finds a canteen full of water.

Jody Summer grabs a backpack and retreats.

Hinata runs away from the Cornucopia.

Thus, the games begin.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Add everyone's most wanted characters and watch as all of them die, one after the other.

It'll be hilarious.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You all are jerks

I should be at the forefront of EVERYONES minds. EVERYONE needs to request me. EVERYONE buys premium just to be like me. MODS AND ADMINS line up just to BAN m—

[banned for dramatic effect]
I wasn't here so I couldn't have done anything about it.. I don't think I was here when people were suggesting stuff at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom