• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The music itself is more awesome than wholesome, but it comes from a rather wholesome game, I hear:

Yeah, I got A Hat in Time recently. Haven't actually played it, yet, but I'm already loving the soundtrack.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
to everyone who watches or to whomever watched anime before what was/is your favorite? as I mentioned two weeks back I'm gonna be going to High School to finish off School so I want to finish catching up to everything I can be it Shows/Anime/Video Games/Etc.
In order of how much I recommend them:
Cowboy Bebop is the best anime of all time and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

My Hero Academia is a great battle shonen series that's not too difficult to get into right now (It's only ~60 episodes and ~100-ish chapters, which isn't much compared to entry levels for other shonen series)

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is a classic that holds up well despite being a decade-ish old

Code Geass is another great, classic series with a plot full of twists and turns sure to keep you going

One Punch Man is a great subversion of the battle shonen genre as a whole and has a second season coming up soon

Kill la Kill is stupid fun

For games I don't have much. I'm a big fan of Kingdom Hearts 2, but it requires a lot to really enjoy and I wouldn't suggest it.

If you haven't played Cave Story I'd really recommend it. You can get it on mostly any platform, and it's easily worth the $15-20 they charge for it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The music itself is more awesome than wholesome, but it comes from a rather wholesome game, I hear:

snip

Yeah, I got A Hat in Time recently. Haven't actually played it, yet, but I'm already loving the soundtrack.
The game is very wholesome.

Especially the Manor level in Subcon.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The game is very wholesome.

Especially the Manor level in Subcon.
Okay, yeah, that part ain't wholesome. And I get that you're joking, but hey, a lot of games that look bright upbeat and happy on the surface have some underlying darkness and depth. And it's not like the whole game is in the Horror genra, haha.

The Snatcher isn't exactly wholesome either, yet he's probably the most beloved character from the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Probably Dragon Ball due to nostalgia, I started watching the og series when I was like 7 or 8 and finished up watching DBZ when I was like 14-15. Apart from that, probably G Gundam due to cheese value or the overall UC Gundam series in general due to being consistent in general.
I've never really been appealed to Gundam-esque shows but I might check it out if I have time.
In order of how much I recommend them:
Cowboy Bebop is the best anime of all time and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

My Hero Academia is a great battle shonen series that's not too difficult to get into right now (It's only ~60 episodes and ~100-ish chapters, which isn't much compared to entry levels for other shonen series)

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is a classic that holds up well despite being a decade-ish old

Code Geass is another great, classic series with a plot full of twists and turns sure to keep you going

One Punch Man is a great subversion of the battle shonen genre as a whole and has a second season coming up soon

Kill la Kill is stupid fun

For games I don't have much. I'm a big fan of Kingdom Hearts 2, but it requires a lot to really enjoy and I wouldn't suggest it.

If you haven't played Cave Story I'd really recommend it. You can get it on mostly any platform, and it's easily worth the $15-20 they charge for it.
I've tried Cowboy Bebop before but I never really got far into it and I'm planning on giving it another shot, MHA I've already seen and it's pretty good. Two of my Best Friends really like the Anime so I have an understanding of it. With Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood the only thing I'm wondering about is if I have to watch the original to watch it cause I've heard it was good but I don't know if I have time to watch two shows from the same series or if I should/want to.

Code Geass I'm also planning to watch, Same with Kill la Kill and finally I've already watched OPM.

For the games you recommended I really want and have tried twice to get into KH but it never panned out cause the first try the game got scratched whereas the second time the entire console froze.

I need to try out Cave Story sometime though.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. I just learned a little more about it and I have to ask “How does Google Stadia work?” Like, how do you stream a game like that? It just doesn’t make sense to me. Like, it would make sense if you downloaded the file onto a box and then play it and they strip it away when you don’t want it but there’s no box. My iPhone, laptop, and TV do not have the processing power to run Devil May Cry 5 (just to pull an example out of thin air).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If there's one thing I'm sick of Disney and Pixar doing nowadays its the damn Twist Villain. Whatever happened to good villains from the get go like Scar, Shan Yu, Frollo and such?

Disney/Pixar must be damn lazy to just keep repeating and regurgitating the same tropes over and over again in their films. I'm starting to see a pattern.

It was to that point as soon as Ernesto was introduced in Coco. I knew he wouldn't be Miguel's actual great grandfather with it being actually Hector and somehow being the Twist Villain.
Well, last Disney villains that were like that I think were Mother Gothel and Facilier from Princess and the Frog which are a bit recent I think.

As for twist villains it depends as I feel the delivery varies, I feel that Ernesto was a quite good villain because he ended up being a character that Miguel looked up to but ended up being a murderous jerk that greatly contrasted with his family and his actual great grandfather (plus he actually tried to murder the kid even when he was believing that Miguel was his great granchild) and Incredibles 2 did a good job of misdirecting the actual villain (I thought at the start that the other new character was actually the villain). Now the villains from Big Hero 6 and Frozen, I totally agree in that they felt tacked on.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well, last Disney villains that were like that I think were Mother Gothel and Facilier from Princess and the Frog which are a bit recent I think.

As for twist villains it depends as I feel the delivery varies, I feel that Ernesto was a quite good villain because he ended up being a character that Miguel looked up to but ended up being a murderous jerk that greatly contrasted with his family and his actual great grandfather (plus he actually tried to murder the kid even when he was believing that Miguel was his great granchild) and Incredibles 2 did a good job of misdirecting the actual villain (I thought at the start that the other new character was actually the villain). Now the villains from Big Hero 6 and Frozen, I totally agree in that they felt tacked on.
Like all I'm saying is can't they for once do something new or different rather then regurgitating the same damn thing people like me will be seeing a mile away...

But nope apparently Disney/Pixar would rather be damn lazy then try to put any new effort...:glare:

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
We're talking about soundtracks huh? When it comes to OSTs, here are a few of my favorites.
Cuphead
Undertale
Deltarune
Kirby
Portal 2
Parappa The Rapper
Wario Ware

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
to everyone who watches or to whomever watched anime before what was/is your favorite? as I mentioned two weeks back I'm gonna be going to High School to finish off School so I want to finish catching up to everything I can be it Shows/Anime/Video Games/Etc.
Lets see ahem
Soul Eater
Space Dandy
Cowboy bebop
Magi the Labyrinth of Magic
Magi the Kingdom of Magic
FLCL
Daily Lives of High School Boys
Higurashi
Umineko
Case Closed
Yu Yu Hakusho
Countless Otome reverse harem anines because Im trash
Children of the Whales

D

Deleted member

I've never really been appealed to Gundam-esque shows but I might check it out if I have time.

I've tried Cowboy Bebop before but I never really got far into it and I'm planning on giving it another shot, MHA I've already seen and it's pretty good. Two of my Best Friends really like the Anime so I have an understanding of it. With Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood the only thing I'm wondering about is if I have to watch the original to watch it cause I've heard it was good but I don't know if I have time to watch two shows from the same series or if I should/want to.

Code Geass I'm also planning to watch, Same with Kill la Kill and finally I've already watched OPM.

For the games you recommended I really want and have tried twice to get into KH but it never panned out cause the first try the game got scratched whereas the second time the entire console froze.

I need to try out Cave Story sometime though.
While the original Fullmetal Alchemist starts pretty much the same way, it is quite different from Brotherhood as it diverges less than halfway. It is a nice series but the last part of the story is just messy. Brotherhood is more consistent and more loyal to the manga which is great (although the beginning is quite rushed).

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I don't have that on my list though so if you don't mind me asking what do you like about it?
  • Not a single character is wasted. Every major and minor character introduced after the beginning Kyoto arc is important to the main story. The way it all comes together as Shishio's plan unfolds and we reach the arc's inevitable climax is exceptional storytelling that I rarely find in anime.
  • Every villain is given a real motivation that makes them more than just "the bad guy". Some of their stories are regrettable, but some of them are just downright heartbreaking.
  • The themes of life vs. death and what it means to take a life in the eyes of various people who've seen war, and how those lives conflict with a time of uneasy peace, are never not interesting to watch.
  • It's a show with ties to real world history, and while it's definitely anime-ified, giving all of its characters motivations stemming from a tumultuous time in Japanese history is fascinating to me.
  • The music is ****ing incredible.
  • It has multiple scenes that make me tear up. I've yet to find another anime that makes me do that.
And on a personal level, it's the first anime that I got into that was distinctly Japanese, rather than just a show dubbed because American execs thought it would work with a western audience. It introduced me to manga, Japanese culture/history, and opened me to more experiences in all kinds of media because of how much I loved a show I didn't expect to love so much.

Plus it got a trilogy of ****ing great live action samurai movies, so there's that.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Okay. I just learned a little more about it and I have to ask “How does Google Stadia work?” Like, how do you stream a game like that? It just doesn’t make sense to me. Like, it would make sense if you downloaded the file onto a box and then play it and they strip it away when you don’t want it but there’s no box. My iPhone, laptop, and TV do not have the processing power to run Devil May Cry 5 (just to pull an example out of thin air).
Basically, the game runs on a server, not anything you own. You're connecting to some server owned by Google that runs the game, and streams the image to you, so nothing on your end is doing any work other than sending inputs to the server, and receiving and displaying the rendered image.

I don't think it's a terrible idea in theory since it removes the need for you to own a powerful gaming PC or whatever, but then it gets into all sorts of other questions like the sort of internet connection you'd need for something like that to work (apparently the service requires 25 Mb/s download speed to render at 1080p, and there's also the issue of input lag which makes stuff like fighting games basically unworkable through a service like this), ownership of the games, what happens if Google decides to simply drop a game from the service, and so on.

D

Deleted member

• Not a single character is wasted. Every major and minor character introduced after the beginning Kyoto arc is important to the main story. The way it all comes together as Shishio's plan unfolds and we reach the arc's inevitable climax is exceptional storytelling that I rarely find in anime.
  • The themes of life vs. death and what it means to take a life in the eyes of various people who've seen war, and how those lives conflict with a time of uneasy peace, are never not interesting to watch.
  • It's a show with ties to real world history, and while it's definitely anime-ified, giving all of its characters motivations stemming from a tumultuous time in Japanese history is fascinating to me.
  • The music is ****ing incredible.
  • It has multiple scenes that make me tear up. I've yet to find another anime that makes me do that.
And on a personal level, it's the first anime that I got into that was distinctly Japanese, rather than just a show dubbed because American execs thought it would work with a western audience. It introduced me to manga, Japanese culture/history, and opened me to more experiences in all kinds of media because of how much I loved a show I didn't expect to love so much.

Plus it got a trilogy of ****ing great live action samurai movies, so there's that.
Alright then I'll definitely check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom