• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Alright then I'll definitely check it out
If you do, just watch through the Kyoto arc. When the big finale happens and it feels like it's over, it is. There are like 20ish extra episodes that you absolutely don't need to watch because they amount to nothing.

The manga it was based on went on hiatus while the show was still going, so they tried to keep the show going with filler and the ratings tanked because the filler is awful. They cancelled the show before the manga continued the actual story, so the final arc was never animated. But the final arc is so independent of the Kyoto arc that you don't need it to enjoy the show.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Basically, the game runs on a server, not anything you own. You're connecting to some server owned by Google that runs the game, and streams the image to you, so nothing on your end is doing any work other than sending inputs to the server, and receiving and displaying the rendered image.

I don't think it's a terrible idea in theory since it removes the need for you to own a powerful gaming PC or whatever, but then it gets into all sorts of other questions like the sort of internet connection you'd need for something like that to work (apparently the service requires 25 Mb/s download speed to render at 1080p, and there's also the issue of input lag which makes stuff like fighting games basically unworkable through a service like this), ownership of the games, what happens if Google decides to simply drop a game from the service, and so on.
This is not a service I would ever use. Part of the reason I prefer physical copies is that I always have the ability to play the game. It’s just too much uncertainty for me. MAYBE if they get some sort of breathtaking exclusive but I still don’t know. Like, if you could buy and download for offline play, but then that defeats the whole purpose. Just feel like a bad idea.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The **** has Hollywood come down too.

Thank god it wasn't being directed or produced by Michael Bay otherwise Megan Fox would probably had been playing Dora. Oh and there'd be lots and lots of explosions to boot (Pun intended).

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
God now I'm listening to the Rurouni Kenshin OST and getting nostalgic as ****.

Am I really going to have to watch this show again tonight.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I hope to GOD this is R rated or at the very least PG 13. I want this movie to be ****ing gritty.
I want boots to lose an limb in a sword fight
I want social commentary on Donald Trump and Hispanic treatment in the US
I want this to be Uncharted without cutscenes
I want ****ing blood

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
So many questions...

Is Dora still a thing? Like, are they making new episodes? Are kids still watching Dora? Who is the market for this? Are they banking on teenagers and early 20’s folks seeing it for nostalgia? Who’s going to voice the Map? What will Swiper look like? Will furries want to bang him? Is that the marketing scheme?

And my number one question: why?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Michael Bay were directing or producing this. It'd be renamed Dora the Exploder starring Megan Fox as the lead.

Quite a shame that wasn't true because I was curiously intrigued by that idea.

D

Deleted member

Is Dora still a thing? Like, are they making new episodes? Are kids still watching Dora? Who is the market for this? Are they banking on teenagers and early 20’s folks seeing it for nostalgia? Who’s going to voice the Map? What will Swiper look like? Will furries want to bang him? Is that the marketing scheme?

And my number one question: why?
OwO Swiper is my Fursona UwU

I'm joking obviously

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
The Thing is that I have 44 anime to catch up on and 25+ Games to catch up on too.
Jeez, you don't need to watch everything ever. I can tell you to skip long-form 800+ episode animes until you have the shorter stuff taken care of. Also ones that rely on filler like Black Clover and Bleach is a hard skip from me...

D

Deleted member

Jeez, you don't need to watch everything ever. I can tell you to skip long-form 800+ episode animes until you have the shorter stuff taken care of. Also ones that rely on filler like Black Clover and Bleach is a hard skip from me...
Most of them are short 12-24 episode anime the only ones that are long are Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball (I've actually never seen the original series to completion) and Hunter X Hunter, The other thing is exactly what I'm doing I'm gonna go through the short ones first and then watch the longer stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I’m fully caught up with One Piece.

The Manga.

And My Hero Academia’s manga too
I have some other things on my to watch list

Also man I get being upset at another “live action adaptation” of something animated but every time this Dora thing gets brought up the more tired I get of everyone just kinda going out of their way to talk about how ridiculous it is

It’s not for you
I’m sure kids who go to see it will like it
**** even looks interesting to me, cause I want to see how the monkey thing and Dora being a 17 year old plays out lol

D

Deleted member

The Manga.

Also man I get being upset at another “live action adaptation” of something animated but every time this Dora thing gets brought up the more tired I get of everyone just kinda going out of their way to talk about how ridiculous it is

It’s not for you
**** even looks interesting to me, cause I want to see how the monkey thing and Dora being a 17 year old plays out lol
What're your thoughts on One Piece? I'm curious cause I really like it myself.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

The Manga.

It’s not for you
This is what happens when we all run out of things to talk about. If only April could get here sooner.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That ost is so good. ****ing I want you??? Corset theme??? D City rock??? Cherryboy Riot???

also have you listened to the remix album they put out?
Oooo I need to check that out still

Back in high school I would play the ost when I driving home a lot
It was great
Especially when I didn’t realize how loud it was and I had the windows down while D City Rock was playing

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
re: Dora movie

Calling it now: End credits scene with Dora’s cousin, Diego. This will set up a spin-off\sequel, Go Diego Go.

Get ready for the Dora cinematic universe *******

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Most of them are short 12-24 episode anime the only ones that are long are Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball (I've actually never seen the original series to completion) and Hunter X Hunter, The other thing is exactly what I'm doing I'm gonna go through the short ones first and then watch the longer stuff.
Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter X Hunter are good (and incidentally from the same creator), but I have a feeling Dr. Stone is gonna be one of those "STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND WATCH IT RIGHT NOW" animes. It's a great manga but no one ever cares about that sort of thing until the anime comes out which I call bull****... :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

That Dora movie looks interesting. I actually wonder what direction they’ll go with it with Dora as a teenager now, could be fun.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
re: Dora movie

Calling it now: End credits scene with Dora’s cousin, Diego. This will set up a spin-off\sequel, Go Diego Go.

Get ready for the Dora cinematic universe *******
Dora Cinematic Universe?

What's next? Nick Jr. Cinematic Universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom