• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So far my montage has received
1 dislike on Youtube / 0 likes
1 downvote on r/smashbros / 0 upvotes
1 downvote on r/SmashBrosUltimate / 0 upvotes

It was just a fun little pet project I was doing so I'm not that bothered, and it hasn't even been an hour yet so I probably shouldn't have any expectations, but I can't say that I'm not slightly disappointed.
man, one guy must really hate it to go that far

Noipoi

Howdy!

It was just a fun little pet project I was doing so I'm not that bothered, and it hasn't even been an hour yet so I probably shouldn't have any expectations, but I can't say that I'm not slightly disappointed.
drop the link, paisano.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
hypersensitive self-absorbed Portlander
Ah, that explains it.

It's time for a minigame I like to call, "If I Were A Castlevania Game, What Title Would I Be?"

It's so bad that seriously got Aria of Sorrow and Lament of Innocence confused for like a month when I heard the remix in Ultimate. Nothing wrong with a formula, but the formula at least has to give some context. The titles are all so abstract you can swap them between games and it'd make little difference.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Okay confession, I’m working on moveset ideas for Mona, and I mostly imagine her having her be :ultisabelle: to Wario’s :ultvillager: as in she has a similar moveset but would perform them in different ways, ways that would relate to her jobs, like she would have her scooter and be play like Wario’s bike and a Baton Twirl that’d be similar to Wario’s Corkscrew.

Here are some moves I’m trying to decide on for the neutral and down specials:
Similar to Mewtwo’s Confuse Ray and Wario’s Garlic Breath custom neutral (fast as the former). Mona pulls out her camera and takes a pic, the flash covers a short distance and anyone caught will be dizzy

Functionally similar to the Wario Waft, Mona pulls out a bomb which blows up and can launch her upward depending on the power
A meter by her name would show that stage the bomb’s fuse is at and determine how powerful the explosion would be.
She summons her animal friends from Mega Microgame$!.
Elephant-shoots a fast ball of muck
Pig-kicks a small but strong soccer ball
Monkey-throws put a Banana Peel

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It's so bad that seriously got Aria of Sorrow and Lament of Innocence confused for like a month when I heard the remix in Ultimate. Nothing wrong with a formula, but the formula at least has to give some context. The titles are all so abstract you can swap them between games and it'd make little difference.
The video I got this from says the same thing. Right after the screenshot I took, the dude in the video is like "ALL OF THESE GAMES SOUND THE SAME"

Also, to play devil's advocate, "Portrait of Ruin" and "Order of Ecclesia" are pretty apt titles. They summarize their respective games pretty well.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who really wants a Pokemon Sword and Shield rep for DLC? I know many people here are against having another Pokemon fighter, but I love Pokemon and want to get a new character as well as a new stage since there wasn't one in the base game for some odd reason.
At this rate, pokemon at probably become as hated as Fire Emblem reps.

Only, Pokemon have a bit more variety... If only we'd get something other than your usual sword-wielder. Robin and Corrin will have to do.

D

Deleted member

The dislikers are the ones you annihilated.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
people dont hate fe or pokemon, they hate the number of fighters it has because it totally stole the spot of their precious wecious geno, who totally had every deserved right to get in over them on the account of their specific childhood memories

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You know, looking at Bandai-Namco's franchises... I'm really not surprised they haven't gotten a second character yet. Like, Tekken and Tales are great franchises, and yeah they're both a big deal, but they are really all they have besides like Digimon and Dark Souls and even then they ain't no Pac-Man. Namco is seriously lacking on unique and iconic video game franchises.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
At this rate, pokemon at probably become as hated as Fire Emblem reps.

Only, Pokemon have a bit more variety... If only we'd get something other than your usual sword-wielder. Robin and Corrin will have to do.
People don't hate new pokemon, they hate the idea of new pokemon. Everyone was throwing a fit over Incineroar until his official reveal, now he's a fan favorite even despite proving the Box Theory over the Grinch Hoax and his detractors at this point are a small minority.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You know, looking at Bandai-Namco's franchises... I'm really not surprised they haven't gotten a second character yet. Like, Tekken and Tales are great franchises, and yeah they're both a big deal, but they are really all they have besides like Digimon and Dark Souls and even then they ain't no Pac-Man. Namco is seriously lacking on unique and iconic video game franchises.
and then there's sega

if it ain't yakuza or sonic they ain't ever touching it again ever

D

Deleted member

I have said it before and I will say it again:
MAPPY GANG RISE UP

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I finished that montage pet project I was working on!

PsySmasher PsySmasher , you appear three times in this video. Can you spot which clips you're in?
Oh boy... Pokemon Trainer. One of my "favorite" characters to fight.

The :ultridley: at 1:22 is obviously me.
The :ultpalutena: at 2:22 I think is me.
And the:ultkrool: at either 2:35 or 4:56 is me (I think it's either latter or both if the :ultpalutena: isn't me).

Nice montage video though!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
and then there's sega

if it ain't yakuza or sonic they ain't ever touching it again ever
Actually we're getting modern remakes of Panzer Dragoon and Panzer Dragoon Zwei.

By a small third party who pitched it to Sega and Sega gave them a stupid small timeframe and budget. But still.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh boy... Pokemon Trainer. One of my "favorite" characters to fight.

The :ultridley: at 1:22 is obviously me.
The :ultpalutena: at 2:22 I think is me.
And the:ultkrool: at either 2:35 or 4:56 is me (I think it's either latter or both if the :ultpalutena: isn't me).

Nice montage video though!
Yep, you were the Ridley and the K.Rool.

That Palutena player was just some poor sap from Quickplay.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
i should probably go back and finish all the sidequests so i can do the final boss at some point

starting a new mission in MGSV like

These mother****ers are the goddamn WORST. DMC3 may have an extremely harsh beginning but combat in that game is fun! Combat in MGSV? Significantly LESS fun! I swear to god if I ever meet Kojima I will bite his **** off
Holy **** guys Noi just leaked this dude for the Fighter Pass! That's General Shadow, who's been around since the 70's and had a thing for playing cards, but he specifically used NINTENDO ones!

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
The video I got this from says the same thing. Right after the screenshot I took, the dude in the video is like "ALL OF THESE GAMES SOUND THE SAME"

Also, to play devil's advocate, "Portrait of Ruin" and "Order of Ecclesia" are pretty apt titles. They summarize their respective games pretty well.
Oh yeah, Portrait of Ruin is has a painter as the villain, I think, and Order of Ecclesia has you play as a member of said order. That one's a little on the nose, but at least it's relevant.

The only one I've really played myself, though, is Symphony of the Night. Like 10 times. Haven't found the symphony. Guess the game takes place at night, though.

i should probably go back and finish all the sidequests so i can do the final boss at some point

starting a new mission in MGSV like

Oh man, I forgot about the Skulls Parasite Unit memes. This one is one of my favorites:

These mother****ers are the goddamn WORST. DMC3 may have an extremely harsh beginning but combat in that game is fun! Combat in MGSV? Significantly LESS fun! I swear to god if I ever meet Kojima I will bite his **** off
That escalated very quickly.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I think the thread exploded, bear with me a sec and I'll get this fixed

Edit: Should be back in order now if I did this right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom