• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I finished that montage pet project I was working on!

PsySmasher PsySmasher , you appear three times in this video. Can you spot which clips you're in?

Noipoi

Howdy!
My roommate goes to bed at 8:30 ****ing PM and sleeps like a mouse in the middle of a thunderstorm. She questions how I cook, rearranged my kitchen, sings at all times everywhere in the house, constantly interrupts whatever we're doing in the living room to show us a Tumblr pic or something else equally as inane, and asked me to turn off the feature where my Xbox goes straight to cable TV on sign-in because one time Law and Order SVU was on when it signed in and she doesn't like that so she wanted me to eliminate the sheer possibility of that happening again just in case by turning off the feature.

She hung her **** on my walls while I wasn't home. She has half a million plants and put them on every window sill in the house. She likes using this thing called "buy nothing", like Craigslist but everything's freely given instead, and she once left a book for a stranger on our front porch after giving him our address and saying "no one will be home all day so I left it on the front porch, get it whenever you want", and when I told her why you can't do that she went on a rant about how I can't "force my male authority on her" despite it being my. goddamn. house.

She once asked me to give her a ride to do something important, and I drove fifteen minutes to give some lady neither of us knew peppers. For free. Because she asked for them on the buy nothing thing for her dinner tonight. So my roommate had me use my car, and my gas, and my time, to drive her to another town to hand a stranger two ****ing goddamn peppers and then go home.

She is the epitome of everything I hate about Portland rolled up into one person who thinks she's far more mature than she actually has ever been. And I swear to God I'll--

Okay I feel better. What was this about mac'n'cheese? Can I have some?
You put up with this because?...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Part of the reason why Isaac's popularity has endured is because his perpetual fate as a late-in-the-game reveal enables the fanbase to sweep itself into a frenzy, whereas many others have already cooled down (and therefore also get funnelled towards it). Then the exclusion is fresher in peoples' minds, and causes more to rally behind it.

Additionally, his total exclusion last time was actually beneficial in netting him all that ballot support, considering people thought it was for DLC more than future games, so the focus was on characters without roles.

Overall he's had **** luck and timing, but it's actually been ok when it comes to staying popular.

Meanwhile the same trajectory was happening for Starfy last time, then he got deconfirmed early, and has been heard little of since.
Never forget that Starfy was disconfirmed on Christmas last time.

Sad times.

D

Deleted member

In that case, deconfirming them in the middle would be the best bet, though idk if that'll be any less nuclear.

Though I am the same guy who was pretty f over Isaac being deconfirmed, only for me to forget about it because of the Plant.

Yeah, not really a character loyalist, am I?
The middle direct knocked it out of the park. It's hard to stay angry when you have Castlevania and King K. Rool, along with final smash meters, tourney mode being back, stage morph, 100 stages, you get the memo.

My opinion is character loyalty just takes the fun out of speculation and hype. Smash introduced me to a lot and satisfied me with a lot to begin with. I thank my brother for introducing me to a lot of series, which made Brawl's hype cycle flipping beautiful when I got Sonic and Olimar. I can't be loyal to one character. I can only take what's given to me. Hell look at my signature. I have like, over 10 characters I wanna see and that's not including the characters I just only appreciate or think have a lot of potential.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Spirit Type: Primary, :starman::starman::starman::starman:
Spirit Effect: Super Armor on all command grabs
Opponent: :ultyoshi: (yes I know it's from the same series, but my boi is really the only character that resembles Prince Froggy's abilities. Sorry Greninja)
Rules: Defeat the enemy.
Conditions: -Prioritizes Neutral B
-Neutral B has super armor
-The amount of time in the egg is multiplied 2x
Stage: Castle Siege (yes seriously)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Spirit Type: Primary, :starman::starman::starman::starman:
Spirit Effect: Super Armor on all command grabs
Opponent: :ultyoshi: (yes I know it's from the same series, but my boi is really the only character that resembles Prince Froggy's abilities. Sorry Greninja)
Rules: Defeat the enemy.
Conditions: -Prioritizes Neutral B
-Neutral B has super armor
-The amount of time in the egg is multiplied 2x
Stage: Castle Siege (yes seriously)
Nice job! Do you have a song for him?

BZocky

Smash Ace
i dont get why warioware doesn't have a second rep at this point honestly

warioware and xc are criminally underrepped but xc i can get bc of timing shenanigans and whatnot

warioware just makes no sense imo for such a huge series
Warioware's got a million characters who could all have unique, wacky movesets.

I really hope we get someone from warioware next game. Doesn't even have to be Ashley, though i'd prefer it.
Thank you! I REALLY wanna see a WarioWare original character make it in and it sucks that we don’t have one yet!

If not Ashley then I could easily see Mona, Kat & Ana, 9-Volt or Jimmy T make the cut.
I know I'm gonna get hate for this but the problem with most WarioWare characters including Ashley is that they don't really do a whole lot throughout the series. Ashley is a witch but her powers are generic at best when they are being used. I'd say Cricket would be the best rep for Ware since he's literally a fighter, but WarioLand's Captain Syrup would be the optimal choice. She has tons of inspiration to pull from not only her own boss fights but also those of other bosses in the franchise.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You put up with this because?...
Initially, because she lost her old apartment and had nowhere else to go. (Besides her boyfriend's, but that's a whole different discussion.) And I thought it'd only be for a couple months, but now it's probably going to be through August.

Currently, because she also happens to be the lead actress in our show and she takes everything personally. If I hurt her feelings while she's here there's a very high chance she won't want to work with us anymore. She "gets a panic attack" every time she sees a PT Cruiser on the road because one of her last roommates had a PT Cruiser. Nevermind the fact that my brother actually deals with real severe panic attacks and how insensitive that is, you hypersensitive self-absorbed Portlander, I'm sure that roommate of three months who was kind of a **** really traumatized you.

*sigh*

The show is more important to me than anything and I will push through to make sure I see it to completion. She's a good actress and the voice I want. She's just a terrible, terrible, terrible person to share my house with.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Initially, because she lost her old apartment and had nowhere else to go. (Besides her boyfriend's, but that's a whole different discussion.) And I thought it'd only be for a couple months, but now it's probably going to be through August.

Currently, because she also happens to be the lead actress in our show and she takes everything personally. If I hurt her feelings while she's here there's a very high chance she won't want to work with us anymore. She "gets a panic attack" every time she sees a PT Cruiser on the road because one of her last roommates had a PT Cruiser. Nevermind the fact that my brother actually deals with real severe panic attacks and how insensitive that is, you hypersensitive self-absorbed Portlander, I'm sure that roommate of three months who was kind of a **** really traumatized you.

*sigh*

The show is more important to me than anything and I will push through to make sure I see it to completion. She's a good actress and the voice I want. She's just a terrible, terrible, terrible person to share my house with.
Damn, it really do be like that sometimes.

Hope this weird situation works out, man.

I know I'm gonna get hate for this but the problem with most WarioWare characters including Ashley is that they don't really do a whole lot throughout the series. Ashley is a witch but her powers are generic at best when they are being used. I'd say Cricket would be the best rep for Ware since he's literally a fighter, but WarioLand's Captain Syrup would be the optimal choice. She has tons of inspiration to pull from not only her own boss fights but also those of other bosses in the franchise.
Cries in Ashley fan

D

Deleted member

A Wario Ware rep could work well if they pull from the micro-games. If they don't do that, though, just give me Wario Land because I would like to see that side of Wario explored more. Wario had some weird platforming games

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Alright, last post for today, but I want to clear up some misconceptions I made today.

First off, no, this isn't a meme, Isaac is legit my most wanted. I just don't understand what some of his fans do, like AssistAlliance
Secondly, when I said nobody cared for Ashley, I meant the general Smash community. A lot just simply made fun of her and her fans, which was kinda rude, which is why I'm glad some of them got a taste of their own medicine.
Thirdly, I do want Starfy in the game. He has been my longest lasting top request, and if I had a choice between him and Isaac... I would pick neither and go for Paper Mario.
And fourthly, I would like to apologise if I made any users here upset due to poor wording and the such, that was not my intent.

Anyway, catch you on the flipside dudemiesters.

NOT.

And always recycle...

TO THE EXTREME
BUST IT

D

Deleted member

#DepressionIsAnArt *coughs in sarcasm*
I thought for a second you said #DededepressionIsAnArt and...that's accurate for me I am an Artist, I main Dedede and I have been diagnosed with Depression. Except I'm not Art as I am not a Painting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You mean the boss where she rode atop a giant genie and the boss where she became Dr. Wily/Eggman in a flying pod? I don’t see her having any more or less inspiration than any prominent character in the WarioWare series in terms of what they’re capable of, it’s not like Sakurai hasn’t been creative with characters that seemingly have less inspiration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom