• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
OK but seriously...
If we end up getting 16 DLC characters total (including :ultpiranha:), I have a feeling that a good chunk of them will be echoes.

Whether they're echoes of existing or DLC characters, I highly doubt we're getting 16 unique newcomers through DLC.

This is assuming we're getting anything beyond the 5 Fighter Pass characters (of course).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If there's another ballot I'm going to spam vote for Pink Gold Peach like how I did the last time
Or you could open up the page, duplicate the tab fifty times, and then close them all without voting, and it would have the same effect. :p

D

Deleted member

god ****ing damn my roomate is so judgemental

LEMME EAT ****ING MAC AND CHEESE AT 11 PM ********

7135690.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
It would be pretty ironic if Ashley was the one that got upgraded, considering that I don't think ANYONE felt bad for Ashley fans, especially compared to... the Grinch characters.

I felt bad for Ashley fans... August 8th was a great day, but that was the one part of the Direct I didn't like.

Plus, I personally wanted Ashley more than anyone on the Grinch leak. So... yeah.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I feel for any fanbase whereby inclusion is entirely plausible but just doesn't come together. Unless the character is HORRID.

I just feel worse for those that have existed longer.

I don't, however, feel bad if Sakurai "teases" the fanbase, because nine times out of ten, it's just people reading too much into something. I think Chrom and Waluigi might be the only actual cases - and those were more about teasing their exclusion.

D

Deleted member

You can eat Mac and Cheese anytime you want bb
thanks daddy

she's not stopping me or anything but i can sense the judgemental looks its like ***** its ****ing mac and cheese i love mac and cheese dumbass ************ wanna mess with me and my mac and cheese bamf try me

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I felt bad for Ashley fans...
I mean, it did kinda suck when she was deconfirmed, but it got all swept up by the Isaac, Geno, Shadow, and Banjo hype, so a bit (note: not saying all) of their fans kinda just kicked her in the dust, you know, with the memes and all.
Those same people complained about the Nov 1st direct, and the deconfirmation about their characters and how people are making fun of them and the like and you see why I hate when people get way too deep into character speculation?

And it's not like I'm seeing AssistAliance pull for her too, because she wasn't a Grinch nor Waluigi and you see why I hate AssistAlliance?

I mean, yeah.

D

Deleted member

thanks daddy

she's not stopping me or anything but i can sense the judgemental looks its like ***** its ****ing mac and cheese i love mac and cheese ******* ************ wanna mess with en and my mac and cheese bamf try me
HANDS UP THIS IS THE POLICE, DO NOT TOUCH THE NOIPOI OR I SWEAR TO **** YOU WILL GO TO JAIL HE IS UNDERAGE. THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING.

But yeah you can totally eat Mac & Cheese whenever you want, If I eat a Sandwhich at five in the moring you can eat Mac & Cheese whenever you want

D

Deleted member

Don't worry guys, it's cool. Ashley's gonna be in Smash 6!

Haha! Hahaha! Hahaha....sobs
i dont get why warioware doesn't have a second rep at this point honestly

warioware and xc are criminally underrepped but xc i can get bc of timing shenanigans and whatnot

warioware just makes no sense imo for such a huge series

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Well if that doesn't get us talking, I don't know what will.

Also everybody Moydow's streaming our arena, come make fun of my Corrin. https://www.twitch.tv/moydow
DID SOMEONE SAY ARENA...

Alright everyone. I'll see you all later. I got an Arena to watch/play in (assuming it's not full and it doesn't crash for some time... which it won't).

Iridium

Smash Hero
My school definitely wants me to face my stress tomorrow. As if I would really do that...

D

Deleted member

HANDS UP THIS IS THE POLICE, DO NOT TOUCH THE NOIPOI OR I SWEAR TO **** YOU WILL GO TO JAIL HE IS UNDERAGE. THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING.

But yeah you can totally eat Mac & Cheese whenever you want, If I eat a Sandwhich at five in the moring you can eat Mac & Cheese whenever you want
Officer it's a nonsexual daddy I swear

Noipoi

Howdy!
i dont get why warioware doesn't have a second rep at this point honestly

warioware and xc are criminally underrepped but xc i can get bc of timing shenanigans and whatnot

warioware just makes no sense imo for such a huge series
Warioware's got a million characters who could all have unique, wacky movesets.

I really hope we get someone from warioware next game. Doesn't even have to be Ashley, though i'd prefer it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The fans I felt the most bad for were the Isaac fans because they've been waiting for him just as long as my boi:ultkrool:and I feel it ain't fair they didn't get him while we did. It doesn't help too with them seemingly getting screwed over in being revealed as an assist at the last minute.

D

Deleted member

I mean, it did kinda suck when she was deconfirmed, but it got all swept up by the Isaac, Geno, Shadow, and Banjo hype, so a bit (note: not saying all) of their fans kinda just kicked her in the dust, you know, with the memes and all.
Those same people complained about the Nov 1st direct, and the deconfirmation about their characters and how people are making fun of them and the like and you see why I hate when people get way too deep into character speculation?

And it's not like I'm seeing AssistAliance pull for her too, because she wasn't a Grinch nor Waluigi and you see why I hate AssistAlliance?

I mean, yeah.
So the assist alliance is only focused Shadow/Isaac/Waluigi? Havent checked them, but they feel a little bit silly only focus on them really.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
People are pitying the Isaac fans but not the Geno fans.

It's a damn shame, really.

What about us Boshi fans, huh? Or us NieR and sans fans, eh?
At least Geno though still has a decent shot. Spirits as far as we recall don't deconfirm fighters.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I mean, yeah.
Part of the reason why Isaac's popularity has endured is because his perpetual fate as a late-in-the-game reveal enables the fanbase to sweep itself into a frenzy, whereas many others have already cooled down (and therefore also get funnelled towards it). Then the exclusion is fresher in peoples' minds, and causes more to rally behind it.

Additionally, his total exclusion last time was actually beneficial in netting him all that ballot support, considering people thought it was for DLC more than future games, so the focus was on characters without roles.

Overall he's had **** luck and timing, but it's actually been ok when it comes to staying popular.

Meanwhile the same trajectory was happening for Starfy last time, then he got deconfirmed early, and has been heard little of since.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It doesn't help too with them seemingly getting screwed over in being revealed as an assist at the last minute.
The keyword here is seemingly

Daily reminder that that there was literally nothing going in Isaac's favor pre-release

Sakurai didn't intentionally screw over Isaac fans or anything, they made mountains out of non-existent molehills and got mad when he stepped on them

D

Deleted member

Thinking about it, Isaac coming back as an assist trophy is amazing because the only excluded Brawl trophy in Smash 4 who made it back was Gray Fox, I think. Says a lot about where Isaac is in fan demand.

Honestly, I really do hope Sakurai chooses to upgrade an assist trophy for DLC. It can be Alucard for all I care. If he wanted to put some of these guys in the base game, now is the time to really do it while the iron is hot.

You know, after this first wave because Nintendo were the ones who chose the DLC. Not raising my hopes up right now.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
People are pitying the Isaac fans but not the Geno fans.

It's a damn shame, really.

What about us Boshi fans, huh? Or us NieR and sans fans, eh?
Well, you NieR and sans fans seem like you're eating well all considering. Isaac and Geno are kinda dead. Forever.

D

Deleted member

EVERY DADDY IS SEXUAL RATHER YOU WANT TO ADMIT IT OR NOT SO TAKE BACK WHAT YOU SAID OR I WILL SHOOT YOU.
Something something Electra complex

Something something there's a little girl in XC2 named Electra

Something something owo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom