• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I noticed this in Sm4sh but I’m literally shocked it’s still in Ultimate especially with Ness getting a new stance.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Future fighter passes will include plant based characters exclusively due to people’s complaints about grass type Pokémon representation
I can't wait for my favorite characters to be added. The Grass climbers are making a come back!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I know, its weird. Hope for derailment.
Quick, someone post something extremely suggestive that isn't technically against the rules so we can all get uncomfortable.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Figure you guys would like to have a good laugh.

>Nintendo employee releasing information
>Travis Touchdown despite being deconfirmed

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I don't see why not. The Switch is young and Smash sells.
Okay, but also the development team is beginning to shrink and will continue to shrink as stated by Sakurai.
As we make the DLC fighters, the team involved will continue to shrink. Until now I’ve been overseeing hundreds of peoples’ work, so my work as a director is about to get relatively light. Of course, we have to plan the next DLC character, and the next… and so on and so forth. I planned in advance and set aside some funds, though, so we’ve got a bit of a surplus compared to earlier on. - Source
There's reason to believe we're only getting the 5 promised to us, and I wouldn't expect anything more for the time being

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Spent an hour drawing this:
View attachment 198356
Worth every second of time I spent on it.
if you cut off the head, it looks like the hulk but with more layers
I know, its weird. Hope for derailment.
Derailment, you say?
Say no more!

foodc.jpg
Where the hell did I get this image from? I've had it downloaded for a couple years now, and I don't remember why or what it's purpose is.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So the 9th graders here in Japan are finding out which High Schools they will be going to for the next three years. They all have to take exams to get into a high school with some electing not to go to high school and instead to enter into the work force.

Teachers are more involved in students lives with many Japanese parents firmly believing that it’s the teachers and schools responsibility to raise the children once they enter the public school system. So they are heavily invested in helping their students get into the school of their choice and advance themselves. This is especially true in our traditional, rural communities. Maybe less so in more urban settings.

So the students are coming into the school throughout the day to announce to their teachers which schools they will be going to. Lots of hugs, lots of crying, lots of well wishes, and even some teachers giving the students money to go and have a nice lunch at a restaurant to celebrate. And to remind them to tell their parents as well.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Screw it. I'll take the bait.

Little has changed in regards to his prominence in the Yoshi series, as he's been relegated to collectable stats instead of having a gamemode dedicated to him (I'm assuming you're referring to this). Furthermore, the relevancy argument is a weak one at best, and a minor appearance in a recent game isn't anything special. Among Nintendo characters he's a less notable character within his series and he lacks the popularity required for a paid DLC pick.

So yes, Poochy is still unlikely.
Screw it, I'll respond back.

This underselling is really starting to test my patience. I do find that his recent surge in involvement long enough that he could be considered for inclusion in Smash Bros., even for DLC. At the time of Smash 4? Of course not, but things have changed since. When Woolly World was ported to the 3DS, not only was his name put on the title, but he got new underlings of his own (the Poochy-Pups), a playable mode, stop-motion cutscenes where he basically co-stars and doesn't even have Kamek, and his own amiibo even (yes, I understand having an amiibo is no guarantee for Smash--along with the rest of the stuff I mention--but it illustrates how calling him "bottom of the barrel" is an exaggeration). I don't see him relegated to "collectible status" as inherently worse off from before as it's heavily prominent and implements the main gimmick of the game, not to mention he still keeps his old job (plus that's all pre-release anyways so there might be more to Poochy). And it doesn't matter if his role isn't bigger than in Woolly World since his role is bigger than it was pre-Good Feel, and it's prominent enough where I can say "Yeah, he may be a side-character of the Yoshi series, but now I think of him when I hear 'Yoshi' just as much as the dino himself."

Of course, NONE of that is a guarantee, I'm not delusional. But I do have to contest the "bottom-of-the-barrel" accusation.

D

Deleted member

Those are called “Ants” for what it’s worth
Wait...Ants are Bugs/insects > Bugs > Bees are Bugs/insects > Berry B. Benson > Berry B. Benson from the hit movie the Bee Movie will be in Smash! Finally!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Man, I really wish people cared about Starfy the way some do about the other Assists
I'm kinda mixed on the idea of another Smash Ballot for new DLC characters. On one hand, it can do great things, like give us characters like the Belmonts, K. Rool, and Ridley (while granted none were DLC, it is not unlikely that a new Ballot would give a DLC character).

On the other, it pretty much caused some of the worst meltdowns the fanbase ever had.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man, I really wish people cared about Starfy the way some do about the other Assists
I'm kinda mixed on the idea of another Smash Ballot for new DLC characters. On one hand, it can do great things, like give us characters like the Belmonts, K. Rool, and Ridley (while granted none were DLC, it is not unlikely that a new Ballot would give a DLC character).

On the other, it pretty much caused some of the worst meltdowns the fanbase ever had.
gimme another ballot so I can vote for Ashley and Waluigi.

Fanbase be damned.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Okay, but also the development team is beginning to shrink and will continue to shrink as stated by Sakurai.

There's reason to believe we're only getting the 5 promised to us, and I wouldn't expect anything more for the time being
That's for fighter's pass 1, isn't it? Nothing stopping them from hiring again for another pass. Especially if they were laid off - always possible they get re-hired.

D

Deleted member

Let me vote for Geno and My other wants dang it! The Fanbase can go take a chill pill

D

Deleted member

Figure you guys would like to have a good laugh.

>Nintendo employee releasing information
>Travis Touchdown despite being deconfirmed
You're telling me someone would lie to me, on the internet?
if you cut off the head, it looks like the hulk but with more layers

Derailment, you say?
Say no more!

View attachment 198358
Where the hell did I get this image from? I've had it downloaded for a couple years now, and I don't remember why or what it's purpose is.
Screw Smash datamining. We must get to the bottom of this.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord

If there's another ballot I'm going to spam vote for Pink Gold Peach like how I did the last time

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Screw it, I'll respond back.

This underselling is really starting to test my patience. I do find that his recent surge in involvement long enough that he could be considered for inclusion in Smash Bros., even for DLC. At the time of Smash 4? Of course not, but things have changed since. When Woolly World was ported to the 3DS, not only was his name put on the title, but he got new underlings of his own (the Poochy-Pups), a playable mode, stop-motion cutscenes where he basically co-stars and doesn't even have Kamek, and his own amiibo even (yes, I understand having an amiibo is no guarantee for Smash--along with the rest of the stuff I mention--but it illustrates how calling him "bottom of the barrel" is an exaggeration). I don't see him relegated to "collectible status" as inherently worse off from before as it's heavily prominent and implements the main gimmick of the game, not to mention he still keeps his old job (plus that's all pre-release anyways so there might be more to Poochy). And it doesn't matter if his role isn't bigger than in Woolly World since his role is bigger than it was pre-Good Feel, and it's prominent enough where I can say "Yeah, he may be a side-character of the Yoshi series, but now I think of him when I hear 'Yoshi' just as much as the dino himself."

Of course, NONE of that is a guarantee, I'm not delusional. But I do have to contest the "bottom-of-the-barrel" accusation.
You know who else has amiibo? Lottie, from Animal Crossing.
0cd15fa8-af2e-4bf4-a9e2-08804405f0c9_1.08e20d4adb8d4e6962db6aea5bf6595e.jpeg
Her amiibo is $5 on Amazon.

Surely her having an amiibo and being 3 amiibo compatible games doesn't make her a bottom of the barrel character, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom