• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If there are indeed two more fighters pass' and there's somehow no Geno in sight I will be BIG surprised. Like, literally shocked.

Welcome to the 21st century, mate. Dead or Alive 6's season pass is $93.
Not surprising with 5 DLC being 1000$+

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
One of my good friends when I was in high school was home schooled. We were two years apart (me a junior and him a freshmen). So on weekends and such, we would meet up and played Smash. We continued being great friends after I graduated and went to university. He eventually graduated and he went to the same university as me so we decided to do the apartment thing together instead of him dorming it.

He was super studious and really serious about schooling but after the winter break, probably around this time...he started to get into the party scene. His family was super strict and isolated with me being the only outlet to stuff outside religious stuff. So I think coming back from the break and seeing what he could have access to was what pushed him into that area. I forbad any sort of illegal activity including underage drinking at my apartment which soured our relationship. I didn’t want to be an accomplice to it since I was technically the legal adult and could get in big trouble. He thought I was being lame. So by summer, he moved out and got his own place and got really, really, really into the party/drug scene. I graduated the next year and moved to Japan. We kept in touch and I would go visit him during my trips back and he was on track to graduate despite spending most of his time and money on..well...yeah.

He eventually graduated but still continued his lifestyle up to this day though I think he kind of slowed down. Anyways, I’ve seen that cycle happen more than once. Home schooled in a strict and religious household, goes to university, does well, and then goes off the deep end. Not knocking on home schooling or religion but it can be an issue for some people.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Luckily for me as I mentioned in my edit I'll have three friends there already plus two of them being Family Members I can certainly feel somewhat comfortable.

In terms of the Social aspects I'm worried about other people mainly as sometimes I don't know when to stop joking around when I'm in big groups of people. Though I think for the most part I'll be somewhat Comfortable just branching out will be somewhat hard admittedly.
That'll certainly help, yeah. But like others also said, even if you're not super outgoing, being open to people will only be of benefit in the long run. I get that branching out can be tricky, but like everything, it gets easier the more you do it. Having the net of people you know is already a leg up.

And as for the second part, you'll best learn the ropes just by experience. Observe, be present. And don't worry about getting tripped up, pretty much everyone in high school is an idiot. I, for example, ****ed up many a time, and I'm somehow a mostly-functional adult. :teeth: You're only there for a year.

D

Deleted member

I have a random question so What is everyone's favorite Video Game soundtrack? Of course excluding things like Crossover games and Smash as that's sort of cheating since it takes from a ton of franchises
I see no reason to exclude crossovers because they're not inherent wins. For example, Smash 4 and Ultimate's soundtracks aren't as good to me as Brawl's soundtrack. I listen to Brawl's soundtrack more than most soundtracks in general, but Ultimate and Smash 4 can struggle to break a listen.

That being said, favorite soundtracks include:

-Brawl: The first Smash game that started making more music than it ever needed to. Remixes like Stickerbrush Symphony and Route 209 makes me feel, out of many other expertly made songs. It might also be nostalgia, but this kind of music shaped what I liked in a soundtrack back in 2008.
-Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze: In which David Wise returns to the Country series and goes all out. I think this is the best DK soundtrack because it takes what's great about DKC music and amplifies it for modern times with way more songs.
-Bomberman 64, Hero, and Max 2: Pretty much because of nostalgia for 64 and Max 2. Bomberman Hero's music is just good, though. I put on Hero when I wanna focus on something like drawing.
-A Hat in Time: I don't know where this soundtrack has been all of my life but it is amazing. Cheerful, atmospheric, sometimes emotional, diverse, it has it all.
-Super Mario Galaxy or Odyssey: Galaxy is grand and captures space beautifully while Odyssey reminds me a lot of Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie's soundtracks.
-Banjo Kazooie and Tooie: Quintessential level exploration music. Catchy and has a unique sound that can only ever come from Grant Kirkhope himself.
-Kirby & the Rainbow Curse: Half of this soundtrack is unnecessary and can only be accessed in the sound room of the game. They just remixed old Kirby songs in Wii U quality for no reason and I love it all.
-The Fire Emblem 3DS games: I can't describe them all in a general sense. I just grew attached to the music after playing the games, and they're good. Fates especially has a killer soundtrack.
-Sonic Adventure 1 & 2: Sonic music at it's best in my opinion. 1's soundtrack covers a lot of variety. 2's reason is definitely because of some nostalgia. Both have a lot of actions.
-Civilization 6 has a badass soundtrack. The entire premise is playing as a civilization like America, France, Egypt, China, or even the Romans and Ottomans, and conquer the world through any means. You progress through each game in 4 different eras. Ancient era, Medieval, Industrial, and Atomic. Civ 6 takes a song affiliated with a civilization, like Hard Times Come Again No More for America, and then gives it a different variation for each era to highlight your progression throughout a game. I really appreciate what was done for this game's soundtrack.
-Persona music is great, especially 3, 4, and 5. They capture a unique tone for each game and you can feel the setting radiate off of the music.

Am I saying too much? I just love these soundtracks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The total price of it all would probably be around, if not more, than the price of Ultimate, itself

Not sure how I'd feel about that
For 16 characters, 15 stages, and who knows how many music tracks and spirits?

I'd pay that. Smash Ultimate would have 90 characters then, which is absolutely crazy. I love it.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I'm home schooled too. Honestly, I hated my experience being home schooled, because I grew up with no friends at all. I wish I could have went to high school just so I wouldn't be so lonely

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The total price of it all would probably be around, if not more than, the price of Ultimate, itself

Considering up until recently, the only way fighting games were making profits was to re-release the entire game with 3-4 new characters and a full price-tag, this seems pretty fair.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I feel like last time, even without counting the Mii costumes, the price of all the DLC together had to have been close to the game itself. Probably more than the 3DS version.

The same thing happening this time wouldn't surprise me.

D

Deleted member

That'll certainly help, yeah. But like others also said, even if you're not super outgoing, being open to people will only be of benefit in the long run. I get that branching out can be tricky, but like everything, it gets easier the more you do it. Having the net of people you know is already a leg up.

And as for the second part, you'll best learn the ropes just by experience. Observe, be present. And don't worry about getting tripped up, pretty much everyone in high school is an idiot. I, for example, ****ed up many a time, and I'm somehow a mostly-functional adult. :teeth: You're only there for a year.
I mean I'll definitely be trying to reach out but I won't be as crazily active with Social stuff as some others, I'll try and make friends and hang with the people that are already my friend but I'm not looking to have a billion friends just like 3-4 and maybe a relationship if things go smoothly. I'm kind of anxious but I'll definitely do my best!

If I do go to High School I'll be less active here though which admittedly saddens me a little cause I consider a lot of you my friends, Examples being Psy, My dude @Zack E. , Staind and others.

D

Deleted member

Damn, I hunted my first Kushala Daora in MHW on my PC copy of the game. Flash bombed it before it could leave the area, killed it in a few hits, go to carve it and instantly get a gem, then on my third carve I get another gem. Seriously lucked out on that hunt.

@Prince Alucard , how do you even manage?
Joke answer? I sleep a lot. Serious answer? Being pretty gay~.

D

Deleted member

Considering up until recently, the only way fighting games were making profits was to re-release the entire game with 3-4 new characters and a full price-tag, this seems pretty fair.
Ultimate is technically a finished game compared to something like the miserable Street Fighter 5 and its 12 starting characters. Since I don't think they're rereleasing Smash Bros, this feels like honest and good DLC. Sakurai is also pretty open about his tight deadline so I just can't feel too offended about this.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So...

Poochy still unlikely now? :yoshi:
Screw it. I'll take the bait.

Little has changed in regards to his prominence in the Yoshi series, as he's been relegated to collectable stats instead of having a gamemode dedicated to him (I'm assuming you're referring to this). Furthermore, the relevancy argument is a weak one at best, and a minor appearance in a recent game isn't anything special. Among Nintendo characters he's a less notable character within his series and he lacks the popularity required for a paid DLC pick.

So yes, Poochy is still unlikely.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm home schooled too. Honestly, I hated my experience being home schooled, because I grew up with no friends at all. I wish I could have went to high school just so I wouldn't be so lonely
That right there my friend is one of the reasons I am going. So I won't be so dang lonely. Also cause I want a consistent School Schedule as I actually don't know what Grade I'll be in I say I'm smart for my Age but Home School has always been here and there one day I'll do it for a week then Skip and Entire Month, Then a Month and Skip Five Months Etc. I crave Knowledge and I don't want to be lonely anymore which is why I want to go to High School.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Does anyone else wonder if maybe we'll get more echo fighters as free DLC eventually, like maybe part of an update?
Not sure if this'll happen, but it would be pretty neat.
I've thought about that, too. Because it seems weird that they'd introduce the concept of Echo Fighters to only add four (technically three). I was surprised when they laid out such a formulaic DLC plan that doesn't allow for a lot of flexibility compared to Smash 4's, because it meant no Echo Fighters. But since they're basically alt costumes, they're not as hard to develop, so perhaps they could be added for free instead.

The total price of it all would probably be around, if not more than, the price of Ultimate, itself

It just means in a few years they'd repackage Ultimate with all those fighters for $60, I'm guessing.

Which is what most fighting games do nowadays. Once all the DLC is released, it's repackaged for newer players to pick up. Difference is, pretty sure everyone who planned to get Ultimate at all, got it, otherwise it wouldn't have sold 12 million units in 3 weeks.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I mean I'll definitely be trying to reach out but I won't be as crazily active with Social stuff as some others, I'll try and make friends and hang with the people that are already my friend but I'm not looking to have a billion friends just like 3-4 and maybe a relationship if things go smoothly. I'm kind of anxious but I'll definitely do my best!

If I do go to High School I'll be less active here though which admittedly saddens me a little cause I consider a lot of you my friends, Examples being Psy, My dude @Zack E. , Staind and others.
I understand, and I'm sure you'll do fine. ^_^

I agree heading to hs is the right call prior to college. I don't really have much experience with people who have been homeschooled, but to me the social aspect you gain in school is as invaluable as the academic. So I do think this will stand you in good stead for the following year. Good luck!

D

Deleted member

I agree heading to hs is the right call prior to college. I don't really have much experience with people who have been homeschooled, but to me the social aspect you gain in school is as invaluable as the academic. So I do think this will stand you in good stead for the following year. Good luck!
Thanks! I really appreciate the Opinions and Assistance you and others here have gave me, Now I think I'm more ready for High School.

I'm excited for what road this will take me down hopefully it helps me in the long run but I'll just have to wait and see.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Thanks! I really appreciate the Opinions and Assistance you and others here have gave me, Now I think I'm more ready for High School.

I'm excited for what road this will take me down hopefully it helps me in the long run but I'll just have to wait and see.
Are you going to highschool?

Lucky *******...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What’s all this about 15 characters or whatever

I can’t wait for all fifteen to be western animation spearmen

D

Deleted member

Are you going to highschool?

Lucky *******...
Well at least you have more of a Flexible Schedule than me and get to sleep in longer! At least that's how Home School treated me.

Though nothing is final yet, I still need to think about it some more and nothing is set in stone, Even if I do go it'll be this upcoming August.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well at least you have more of a Flexible Schedule than me and get to sleep in longer! At least that's how Home School treated me.

Though nothing is final yet, I still need to think about it some more and nothing is set in stone, Even if I do go it'll be this upcoming August.
Yeah, sleeping in is rad. Once 2020 hits it'll be College time for Noipoi.

Good luck in High School, if you decide to go.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

As much as I hated High School I agree with this.

While I suffered a bunch, I also learned a lot about who I am and what I want out of life. I matured a lot within those couple of years, and I am thankful for that.

D

Deleted member

Remember that drawing I was talking about a little while back?

After spending a total of about 3 or 4 hours on it, it's done:

'S a woomy. Style is kind of a mix between Kirby: Star Allies and Kirby's Dreamland 3.

Noipoi Noipoi Might like it.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, sleeping in is rad. Once 2020 hits it'll be College time for Noipoi.

Good luck in High School, if you decide to go.
Thanks and right back at ya! I'm sure you'll do great in College. You seem like a Very cool and Smart person so if you're like that IRL then College will be easy-peasy for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom