• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
2017 was tough for me, going back to my personal regrets and self-esteem issues bringing about some depression that I had to fight back. Thankfully, by the midpoint of the year, I can say I got much better, but ugh, it was still a rough experience for me. I don't want to feel that awful about myself ever again....

How about we go on another lighter note? Lest we forget, possibly the biggest damn revival event in Western Animation in ages...

Jack came back.
Adding onto this...

It also marked the end of an iconic Cartoon Network villain many 90s kids (like myself) and earrly 2000s kids grew up with, one who could make us experience both complete terror, and sheer laughter from the comedy goldmine that his more humorous side was.

Rest in great flaming eyebrows, you magnificent evil overlord.

D

Deleted member

Man 2018 had so many good games.
Ultimate doesn't need introduction, but God of War, Spider-Man, Celeste, Red Dead 2, Monster Hunter World, Dragon Ball FighterZ, etc. all came out, and all of them were great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
eye.png

Smash Ultimate was a thing

I also joined an awesome website

I believe it was called Smashboards, or something like that

Anyways, I love y'all

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This was the year Chrom got into Smash, so that was nice.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
As for me, i moved on to Closedverse. It was fine at first, but then it showed why random teenagers should never run a social media site.
Same story. i humored it for a few months, but left around the time the April Direct happened. It was chaos, but not the fun, Miiverse chaos.

Thankfully I had all of my friends on Discord

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
2018 was the year when I confessed my depression and anxiety. As of now I've been doing a lot better since. No longer depressed and finally moved forward from my demons I felt I had for the way I treated my family back then.

Also 2018 was the year when I had gotten back into Nintendo and its the thanks to a reveal of a certain someone:ultkrool:which brought back that spark of my childhood and nostalgia.

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
2018:

Ultimate reveal
Ultimate hype
e3 the Ultimate direct
Ultimate hype
Ultimate direct 1
Ultimate hype
Ultimate direct 2
Ultimate hype
Ultimate release

Also i joined this year.
How the heck do these other 2018 users have like 5 billion more posts than me?

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
2018: Some good things happened, some really bad things happened (2vague4u)

But there's a game that came out in the latter part of the year that was apparently a big deal or something. Dunno if anyone here knows about it.

Oh, and I belatedly joined SmashBoards

D

Deleted member

Man I wish I could rewind back into 2018 right now. Such a chill period. Not much drama.

D

Deleted member

2018:
The 100th anniversary of the WW1 armistice.

D

Deleted member

Ah 2018 was a pretty good year with the Smash Speculation Cycle it was one of my favorites of recent times, Smash Ultimate released which was also amazing.

Um there were bad times too like when I went to the doctors and got diagnosed with Depression but that's the only really bad thing about the year cause otherwise it was my favorite year in recent times!

I played Xenoblade 2 for the first time this year and that game was amazing, Same with Banjo-Kazooie and SMRPG both terrific games.

but how could we forget that certain week in October was crazy, The Grinch leak was insane and from my experience it a good time.

Also the year I started viewing Smashboards, not joining but I was a guest for like a month until I joined.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Dad of Boi
100 hour work weeks
ArcSys taking over
*snap*

At the cost of a Legend, miss ya loads Stan Lee

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'll never forget watching that "Everyone is Here!" trailer for the first time. Not to mention Ridley being revealed later that very same day.

Literally every last ****ing one of expectations were surpassed by a landslide. I loved it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
2018. The hype for Smash Ultimate was an amazing experience. Sure I got none of my most wanteds and one of my least wanteds, but it was a fun ride nontheless.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So... did you guys hear about this leak? It's called the Grinch Leak, and apparently, Isaac, Ken, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Banjo Kazooie, and Geno are all coming to Smash Ult. I think Incineroar was leakbait.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Damn, 2018 the year that annoying Roberk guy joined Smashboards.

XC2 Torna was really good, one of the best DLCs ever.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm uh...

I'm waiting, Atlus.

I understand you've got more profitable business ventures, but I'm waiting.
download.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
So... did you guys hear about this leak? It's called the Grinch Leak, and apparently, Isaac, Ken, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Banjo Kazooie, and Geno are all coming to Smash Ult. I think Incineroar was leakbait.
Sakurai's a troll, he doesn't really mean that there's not much left!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This is when they finally added new stuff to Minecraft's boring oceans.

Though, it would've been cool if there could've been some areas where oceans were still dark even at daytime.

This is also when Deltarune's demo/chapter 1 was released with a Smash Bros. reference sans for smash.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
The year I joined here, and I don't remember why. I found my personal taste in music (as in, I stopped mixing it up), and I've stuck with it. Really, why did I join?

As for Ultimate, :ultlink: is so much better, and I got :ultsimon::ultrichter: as my favorite newcomers.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Last year was a busy year for me on SB. I set up everything but the character boards. It was a good year for work. I did good in my college courses. The only negative was I was attacked and robbed outside of my work.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'll never forget how hyped I was when I checked my phone after class to see that every Smash character was going to be in Ultimate. I thought it couldn't get any better...

...but then September happened and one of my most wanted characters got revealed. I don't think I've ever been that hyped for a character reveal.

Also this was the year that I finally got a Switch after saving enough money.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And now were in 2019. How's the year so far for you guys?

I'd say its been so far better for me. Plenty of movies I much look forward too that seems more exciting than last year.

D

Deleted member

They wouldn't add another Pokemon we have enough! did you see this Item?! It's Obviously from Golden Sun Isaac is in and the Grinch is real!

D

Deleted member

Last year was a busy year for me on SB. I set up everything but the character boards. It was a good year for work. I did good in my college courses. The only negative was I was attacked and robbed outside of my work.
Who dares rob you like that? >:[
You are too precious to be robbed.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
2017 saw the release of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, the last of my trifecta of three favorite Fire Emblem games. Easily the best OST in the series, amazing art, full voice acting...and also some of my favorite characters.

View attachment 196557
View attachment 196558
View attachment 196559
View attachment 196560
View attachment 196561
RIP Tobin, Mae, and Saber for not having their full Cipher art released outside of the card itself.

And also Palla, who's one of my favorites but didn't originate here.
View attachment 196562
True Story: I absolutely hated Gaiden. Despised it. Thought it was the dumbest FE game out of all of them... and then this game came out and made me love it. So, I hate the original, love the remake. Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom