• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Smash For will always be my least favorite because they cut Snake and the majority of the newcomers didn't really appeal to me besides Mega Man, Robin, Shulk, and Little Mac and even then I wasn't blown away by them. That game would've been a real bust for me if DLC hadn't gave be baller *** characters like Mewtwo, Roy, Lucas, Cloud, Ryu, and Bayonetta. Corrine was ok, too.

Edit: and the Solo modes were ****ING ABYSMAL! HOLY ****! I forgot how bad it was.
Yeah, after Ultimate coming out and using a lot of smash 4 assets especially, it makes smash 4 feel like the odd one out in the series.

It’s also weird how I like to play every newcomer in Ultimate sans Isabelle. While with Smash 4 I only liked to play as the DLC newcomers funnily enough. I feel like even characters I was hoping for beforehand(Little Mac, Megaman, Pacman, Bowser Jr) aren’t much fun to play as I would have thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

The year we lost a lot of notable people including Prince, David Bowie, Gene Wilder, Carrie Fisher, and Harambe

Though in more positive news, Pokemon celebrated it's 20th anniversary and it's popularity surged for a bit again, thanks to Pokemon GO

Also, anyone who gets through this page without mentioning politics, gets a cookie

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And then 2016 was even worse.

D

Deleted member

Yes, 2016.
2016 was a wonderful year for me... Because this wonderful and happy moment took place at E3...
When I saw this live... I was crying.
Crash Bandicoot was finally back.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
2016 was the year I really started to try and get my **** together again.

I didn't retain much of what I learned from schooling in the previous years and was honestly kinda disinterested in many subjects. Finally realized that I needed to really apply myself in studies and actually try. And also make more efforts to really retain what I learned. Math in particular was a beast for me for so damn long, and I'm glad that I've gotten progressively better with the subject.

That said, it's also the year where I started really feeling some nasty emotional and self-esteem problems, though. By the time 2017 rolled around, I was honestly...kinda depressed. For at least three months after 2016 ended, I could hardly go a day without repeatedly telling myself out loud that I hated myself, actually.

Did I never mention that? It's because at the time I didn't want to. Didn't want people to worry about me, nor did I want to just needlessly mope on the 'net. I did it enough in real life as it was. Besides, most of my issues were ones I ultimately brought upon myself, some actual problems, others I blew out of proportion. Either way, they contributed to my gradually degrading self-esteem throughout that year. I've been pushing hard to leave my regrets in the past and learn from it, like a wise mandrill once said. Self-loathing is an awful thing, and for your own benefits, please don't let yourself fall victim to it like I have. Doesn't matter what your reason for beating yourself up is. Just don't do it, period.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
I’ve never really heard anyone talk about it.
Not gonna lie saying my opinion is wrong is a bit rude. It’s kind of like if I said I disliked apples and you said my opinion was wrong. If it was a different scenario, I could understand it, but not really this one.
I was referring to it’s recognition. Seems no one really talks about it. I could be wrong, though.

I mean, true.
People don't talk about it because it's a single-player game with limited replayability released 8 years ago. People can talk a lot about garbage old games and at the same time have no current discussion about old masterpieces.

Stahl falls just outside my top ten for Awakening. :p He's honestly great though. Also one of the few times I prefer the Abel of a Cain and Abel duo over the Cain.
Stahl is the true heir to Ylisse, he definitely deserves top 10.

D

Deleted member

2016 was a pretty terrible year cause we lost a lot of good people but it also spawned my favorite meme to date, We are number one.

Though the goods don't outweigh the bad this year it was a pretty dark and tense time, The Election was coming up so America wasn't in the right mindset to be exactly friendly towards each other and we lost Carrie Fisher which was terrible.

There were a few good things to happen but a lot of terrible, terrible things happened too.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

screams

So many famous people died I AM STILL NOT OVER ANTON YELCHIN'S DEATH OKAY

on a plus side, i found out that seeing a psychiatrist did help me a lot, although i lost access to the services when my contract ended the next year

I also got to see two friends I hadn't seen in so long again...only to accidentally annoy them to the point of hating me the next year...

i dont wanna think abt this anymore, im gonna now mess around in Source Filmmaker...

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
In 2016 my country decided (why) that it was going to leave a certain union and we're now less than one month away from crashing out of said union. Fun times. I guess graduating was cool though.

D

Deleted member

And after killing the wait during the year with an awesome and beautiful Skylanders level who celebrated the series alongside Crash and Cortex as playable characters... The end of the year would make me cry of joy again with this PSX trailer:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I’ve never really heard anyone talk about it.
Not gonna lie saying my opinion is wrong is a bit rude. It’s kind of like if I said I disliked apples and you said my opinion was wrong. If it was a different scenario, I could understand it, but not really this one.
To be fair, what you stated wasn't an opinion, it was an observation. Observations can be wrong. Or misinformed.

Portal 2 had pretty much universal acclaim, sold very well and spawned many a meme when it released.

D

Deleted member

Of course, this was also the year that only webcomic I've ever truly loved ended...A webcomic I'm sure most of this site knows by now:

Still, they couldn't have picked a better time for it to end than to coincide with Smash 4's release. Quite poetic.

We all miss you, Brawl in the Family.
Thanks for remidining me. ;-;

Jokes aside, amazing comic.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
2016... I got nothing. It's kinda a forgettable year for my personal life. I guess it's the first time I used a "Peridot_X" as my username. There were also the Robbie Rotten Memes, which were nice.

D

Deleted member

I hear people mention Portal 2 all the time.

Also, I guess 2016 was fine. Too bad that it and the years surrounding it are somewhat meaningless now since I don’t talk to any of my former friends from around those times anymore.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This is when Minecraft gained a new combat system (which seems to be controversial), a revamped Ender Dragon fight + new End content, polar bears, bone blocks (used naturally for fossils), woodland mansions, and llamas.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

2016 ****in sucked and should never have happened
It was also the year Overwatch came out, which was good for a while before it also started to ****in suck

D

Deleted member

2016 ****in sucked and doesn't deserve to have existed
It was also the year Overwatch came out, which was good for a while before it also started to ****in suck
For you.
2016 brought Crash Bandicoot back, and I am still happy about that.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
David Bowie dying in 2016 also reminded me how he should definitely be the champion in Pokemon Sword & Shield

Do it Game Freak.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
2016 was a pretty good year for me personally. I finally got adjusted to college life, got a really enjoyable part-time job (which I still have to this day), and I had a really good summer which I often dub The Summer of Brandon.

Everything else felt really hectic during this year especially in the U.S. We had a ton of celebrity deaths, the pulse nightclub shooting, and of course all of the election craziness.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
On a more bitterswee note, 2016 is also the year my favorite show concluded:

I practically grew up with this show, at least during my teenage/young adult years. This was, has been, and still is my favorite show of all time, Lord knows I'll never let that go unheard. I won't go into the reasons why yet again right now, but if you haven't seen this gem, it's not too late to check it out. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
To be fair, what you stated wasn't an opinion, it was an observation. Observations can be wrong. Or misinformed.

Portal 2 had pretty much universal acclaim, sold very well and spawned many a meme when it released.
I mean true.
I was more so referring to the recognition, but then my brain remembered that this game was made several years ago.
Yeah I’m dumb. /s

But yeah sorry.

D

Deleted member

>Thread hates 2016 to death
>2016 was the year when a huge franchise for you returned with glory

Weird how the world goes.

D

Deleted member

I mean several beloved celebrities died and an orange numpty got elected into power in the highest office in the US.
So yeah, not a great year from that standpoint.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Persona and ****ING DOOM were like the only highlights of the year. Uncharted 4 was ok...

D

Deleted member

2016 was pretty awful but at least it brought us an amazing meme and story of the Internet coming together to support a man who was diagnosed with Cancer which was something kind of beautiful in a way

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

Low-key understand what you mean. Dishonored 2 came out this year, and IT'S AMAZING.

Play it, cowards

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean several beloved celebrities died and an orange numpty got elected into power in the highest office in the US.
So yeah, not a great year.
Meh, one of the following years was worse for me, if you ask me.
But I’ll get into that when we get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom