• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
2015...was a year of ups and downs.

We lost Monty Oum and Satoru Iwata, among others.

I had to cut off two persistent stalkers out of my life and it was a very stressful experience.

Then there was that incident with the Steven Universe fanartist that got me really depressed

on the plus side...

I got a job that lasted a good two years, even though I hated one of my coworkers with a passion. he was SO unprofessional and annoying.

I got into writing fanfiction again, and got better at it too.

Undertale came out, and it made a great impact on my life.

I got a Wii U, Smash 4, and what could be one of my favorite Nintendo games of ALL TIME.

that's right...

XENOBLADE
CHRONICLES
X!!!

D

Deleted member

Okay aside from Xenoblade X actually releasing in 2015, Bloodborne AKA the number 1 reason to have a PS4, also released in that year as well. It's my absolute favorite Soulsborne game and definitely one of my favorite games ever made.
Fear the old blood.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ah, 2015...

The first things that come to mind for me are Smash 4 DLC, Splatoon and Star Wars,

And of course, I can't forget Rhythm Heaven Megamix and Xenoblade Chronicles X

Oh yeah, the world was also introduced to the best character in Smash history:ultcorrinf:

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I just learned that Alex Trebek has stage 4 pancreatic cancer...

I really don't want to hear of another huge tragedy again.

D

Deleted member

This is one of my favorite games. It's super underrated in my opinion. I actually have a Wheatley plush on my desk.
Portal 2 is not overrated, but no way is it underrated.
I think you are using "underrated" wrong.

R O F L

Smash Ace
MMARIOOOOO MAKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

That game made my year in terms of gaming by itself.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

...Let's see here...

-Undertale

-Star Wars films rise from the grave with The Force Awakens

-Cloud in Smash Bros.

What the hell was this year, even?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
2014 is the year that I tried watching MLP for the first time. :applejack:

Looking back, as much as I enjoy this show, mainly for it's character writing and warm, colorful setting, I'm...not really sure why I was as into as I was back at this point in time. For at least another year or so afterward, too. Because I was...kinda mildly obsessed with it. It overshadowed a lot of other shows I followed at the time, minus Gravity Falls (which has been my favorite show for years, now, and it's not looking like it'll be dethroned any time soon).

I still follow the show (though won't for much longer since it's last season is due to air this year) but I'm glad I'm not quite as focused on it as I used to be. There's a greater variety of shows out there, and they all offer me more things that MLP can't. I like to follow a big variety of shows, MLP is simply one among many, now (I've also largely stopped using avatars from the show. I still do from time to time, but not nearly as much as I used to. I like using a much wider variety of images for my avatar, too.)

Great show if you like cute stuff and can appreciate the kind of writing and stories it has to offer (and if you can ignore the more toxic sides of it's fanbase) but it's not definitely not my favorite.
I think the appeal of MLP back then was that it was a huge novelty in terms of writing and presentation.

Children's shows are typically mindless trash just meant to distract kids with humor that doesn't hold up with age, and then anything more mature than that is usually dark and violent. There's no in-between.

So when MLP came out and wasn't dark and violent, but also treated the audience like intelligent, emotional beings with good writing and messages, then it became a craze. It was something teenagers and even adults could watch and appreciate for the craft and effort that went into it, without it needing to be action-oriented like most adult media. It filled a niche that no one knew really existed, and it captured people's imaginations by exploring the possibilities of a lighthearted world without feeling too judged for doing something "childish". You can see it in how it sparked so many artists' creativity with all the fan content that's out there, some of it even on a professional level.

I started watching it in 2012 and 2013, but sort of fell off after that. Apparently the show's a much different beast than it was when it started, which is fine and quite necessary, but I haven't had too much incentive to go back and check anything out after Season 4.

D

Deleted member

In 2015... We got this huge and pathetic pile of waste
66074F5D-7F68-4E03-BB68-2922CB563B44.jpeg

This movie was so bad, that Marvel literally got mad to the point of taking the drastic decission of snapping the First Family out of everything they made from that point onwards just to not give free advertisement to Fox while they owned the characters.

This movie started the darkest era of the Fantastic Four... And it deserves all the hate it gets and more...

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
2015. The Miiverse redesign. That whole month was crazy. People were leaving left and right, because who wants to be on a site with a post limit? The night before was crazy, the people who had no intention of staying were making sure they couldn't come back, the people who were staying made memes, and in general it was very memorable. I just wished I had stayed till the very end, where apparently Miiverse was glitching.Then the next day. The pilgrimage from the Wii Fit U community to the NSLU community needs to go in the history books.

D

Deleted member

Today I have learned that Minecraft you tubers are supposedly sexy.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
would've definitely gave my morale a good boosting ifyouknowwhatImean

your opinion is wrong. portal 2 is by no means underrated. it's extremely celebrated. literally everyone loves that game
I’ve never really heard anyone talk about it.
Not gonna lie saying my opinion is wrong is a bit rude. It’s kind of like if I said I disliked apples and you said my opinion was wrong. If it was a different scenario, I could understand it, but not really this one.

D

Deleted member

The 2015 reboot of the Fantastic Four was a mistake, and I am glad to see the First Family back at home.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The game that introduced me to Fire Emblem, and the game that contains a lot of my personal favorite Fire Emblem characters.
Easily among my top three games in the franchise.

Sorry, but I'd like to inform you of an issue on your post. You seem to be indicating all the good characters from Awakening, but I don't see Stahl. Please fix this mistake immediately.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
2015. The Miiverse redesign. That whole month was crazy. People were leaving left and right, because who wants to be on a site with a post limit? The night before was crazy, the people who had no intention of staying were making sure they couldn't come back, the people who were staying made memes, and in general it was very memorable. I just wished I had stayed till the very end, where apparently Miiverse was glitching.Then the next day. The pilgrimage from the Wii Fit U community to the NSLU community needs to go in the history books.
It was actually hilarious that they completely forgot to redesign the NSLU community. I forgot who figured it out, but all of a sudden, it got swarmed with memes and people cheating the post limit. The old Smash 4 community just refused to die.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Portal 2 is not overrated, but no way is it underrated.
I think you are using "underrated" wrong.
I was referring to it’s recognition. Seems no one really talks about it. I could be wrong, though.
I just don't get how a game can be underrated when it has 95%+ on review averages, millions of sales, and is cited as a revolutionary game.
I mean, true.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sorry, but I'd like to inform you of an issue on your post. You seem to be indicating all the good characters from Awakening, but I don't see Stahl. Please fix this mistake immediately.
Stahl falls just outside my top ten for Awakening. :p He's honestly great though. Also one of the few times I prefer the Abel of a Cain and Abel duo over the Cain.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
2015: I got nothing. Still at uni, still not playing games apart from some old pc games that my toaster of a laptop can run. Splatoon coming out was pretty big I guess.

D

Deleted member

I really want to move already to 2016.

I must take Fant4stic out of my brain.

D

Deleted member

I was referring to it’s recognition. Seems no one really talks about it. I could be wrong, though.
The reason why not many talk about it is because it is not a new game, nor a new thing is being made about it.
People still love it, I see very few dislike it.
It is not underrated.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
crap I missed 2014.

uh...

Minecraft received Ocean Monuments in 2014.

We'll be right back with Minecraft release-stuffs when we hit 2016.

In this year, these wonderful brothers were born:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
2015 was a thing I guess

I guess it did have a few good things that were really good to offset almost everything else sucking

D

Deleted member

2015 had some ups and downs

we lost Iwata which was terribly sad, he was an amazing and Genious man.

Then we had the Smash 4 DLC which was a blast and Mario Maker which was an awesome game, The Smash ballot happened this year IIRC and that brings back some memories a lot of good memories too.

Over all 2015 was a mixed bag, the highs were super high and the lows were very low.

Also star wars happened that was pretty good.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
And the best FE character design.

Fight me.
Hmm... wonder why...
The reason why not many talk about it is because it is not a new game, nor a new thing is being made about it.
People still love it, I see very few dislike it.
It is not underrated.
Yeah I was using the term wrong. My bad.
Why do I feel like crap now

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
2015 started out great, but, to quote Fantine, "Then it all went wrong."

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
2015 was the year my big writing project was technically born, though it's in a much different place now than it was back then.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It was actually hilarious that they completely forgot to redesign the NSLU community. I forgot who figured it out, but all of a sudden, it got swarmed with memes and people cheating the post limit. The old Smash 4 community just refused to die.
The NSLU community had a post limit. But yeah, the Smashers refused to die. We almost survived Miiverse's death, because of all the Miiverse clones and Discords made.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah, and who could forget: YOURE A SQUID YOURE A KID YOURE A SQUID YOURE A KID YOURE A SQUID YOURE A KID YOURE A SQUID YOURE A KID YOURE A SQUID YOURE A KID

or

SPLATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom