• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

2012? brb locking the thread to reflect how the real world literally ended in this year
Tbh, it does feel like the world ended after 2012
You honestly believe half the people here remember when the French Revolution was?
Next you're gonna tell me you don't know the year when the Lion King took over the Holy City and tried to separate it from the world.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The game that introduced me to Fire Emblem, and the game that contains a lot of my personal favorite Fire Emblem characters.
Easily among my top three games in the franchise.

Awakening was your introduction? Damn, that actually surprises with how into it you are now.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
You honestly believe half the people here remember when the French Revolution was?
The French Revolution? Yeah, I remember every day of that. Man, that was a fun time. That Robespierre was some piece of work though, you wouldn't believe the sort of stuff he got up to that the history books don't cover.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The game that introduced me to Fire Emblem, and the game that contains a lot of my personal favorite Fire Emblem characters.

>lack of Cordelia

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
TV TV TV TV TV TV Forza TV TV TV TV TV Fish AI TV TV Halo TV TV TV TV

Also Wonderful 101, another super OD game

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I don't care what anyone else says...
X_EN_boxart.png

Pokemon X and Y are still my favorite Pokemon games, to this day

Sure the story and characters are pretty garbage, and they left a lot of things unanswered, but no Pokemon game is perfect
The new Pokemon and music were top notch for me, and I enjoyed Kalos as a region...
Really hoping they can revisit these games some point in the future..

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Awakening was your introduction? Damn, that actually surprises with how into it you are now.
I think it was a lot of our introduction. A large amount of western FE fans got Awakening first and retroactively got into the rest.

It's why copies of all the other English FE games skyrocketed in the last half decade.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
2012 was the year Nickelodeon started to have amazing shows again (TMNT 2012 and Korra for examples)...before it all went downhill as the years went by (Loud House was a blessing, but the rest was a no). As for 2013...it was the beginning of the explosive and un****ing believably magnificent Yes Movement for Daniel Bryan

Also I’m listening to every single variation of Lifelight...all 26 of them
I love that game.
Everyone loves the game
Page 2012

This will mark the end of Smashboards.

It was nice knowing y'all
Not yet...you must first fight Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura in a death battle to determine who loves Elma more
In 2012...
Marvel released a movie that not just delivered a lot after years of rumours and fan-speculation...

But at the same time a movie that changed the film industry almost as a whole
One of the most important superhero movies of all time

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
My first Fire Emblem was Radiant Dawn and it's probably tha main reason I'm as into Ike as I am. Love that man. Literally in my top 2 favorite characters ever, let alone Fire Emblem characters.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I think it was a lot of our introduction. A large amount of western FE fans got Awakening first and retroactively got into the rest.

It's why copies of all the other English FE games skyrocketed in the last half decade.
Yeah that was my introduction too. I don’t know much about the games, but I enjoy them.

D

Deleted member

Uh? He's really ****ing hot. Always has been.
Im not bi or gay, so I dont know if my opinion on this is topic is valuble, but that dude is about as hot as pk freeze. Now AntDude on the other hand, what a hunk.

Last edited by a moderator:

R O F L

Smash Ace
Now that we're in 2013 I can talk about Pikmin 3 sadly the worst one, extra modes are fantastic, though.

Also Dream Team was good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In 2013, after starting the Marvel Super Heroes theme in 2012, LEGO released what was considered until this year the only Marvel product from them with Fantastic Four properties... The Daily Bugle
D04A7939-5DE1-42B5-94B6-25B55C84BEC0.jpeg

Being a fan-favourite between the AFOLs (adult fans of LEGO), this set features Doctor Doom itself alongside an airship.

Of course, I own this set too.

D

Deleted member

Awakening was also my first FE game and I think that honestly applies to most FE fans.

Iridium

Smash Hero
And Ultimate will be 3 months old tomorrow, although it has felt like twice as much. I'll get it someday.

D

Deleted member

whos the guy with the axe i love him

D

Deleted member

Oh nice 2013, survived the end of the world by doing the usual... nothing.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
In 2013 I played ... ? I started uni that year so my interest in videogames was at a low point. Plus, I didn't have a WiiU nor did I have any interest in buying one. May have been playing New Leaf at this point though IIRC

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The demo got me hooked and I've been with the games ever since lol.
Is that your favorite as well?

Awakening was also my first FE game and I think that honestly applies to most FE fans.
Yeah, that's kind of a shame as well. Every Fire Emblem game deserved to have the recognition Awakening enjoyed but, y'know, shifts in the wants of the industry is to blame I suppose. That and Fire Emblem works wonders as a portable title and Awakening was actually advertised well.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That's actually very well done

I'm saving that for a potential future avatar
Thought you would. S'why I shared it.

I wasn't even looking for Fire Emblem art but it came up anyway.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I still find it crazy how utterly widespread the idea that the world was going to end in 2012 was. Like, people have a lot of ideas about when the world is gonna end, but this and Y2K were the only times (I can think of, at least) where it was like a well-known idea.
While I'm no expert on the matter, I know it largely had something to do with a date on the Maya Calendar. 12/21/12 was an important date on it, and somehow a a misinterpretation of it's meaning got out of hand really quickly. Lots of people can be very paranoid and superstitious, so that probably helped spread the beliefs out.

Widespread as it was, plenty of people did still go on about their lives normally without a care or any concern about the nonsense. Me, I was among them for sure, lol. I just blasted the Oath to Order on my PC on the night of December 21st 2012 until after midnight for the fun of it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hey, look at that! It's the year I joined this website!

6 years and counting, still kickin'.

I really don't like to look back at my posts from that year, though. I was naive as crap. Immature, too, to be blunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom