• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is that your favorite as well?

Yeah, that's kind of a shame as well. Every Fire Emblem game deserved to have the recognition Awakening enjoyed but, y'know, shifts in the wants of the industry is to blame I suppose. That and Fire Emblem works wonders as a portable title and Awakening was actually advertised well.
One of. My top three are definitely Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Shadows of Valentia, but the exact order varies because I love all three for different reasons.

Though the fact that those were the three games localized by 8-4 may play a part somehow. Maybe their localization clicks with me? Lol.

D

Deleted member

This thread still belongs to Ultimate.
Take that, Smash 4! Ultimate reigns superior.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
CaptainSparklez is best Minecraft youtuber.

Change my mind.
Shiniest Turd in the sewer.
/s

Nah, I like CaptainSparklez. I don't think he's attractive but his Fallen Kingdom Parody was cool enough. But I've never been a fan of Minecraft. One of the most boring experiences I've ever had, personally.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I got Xenoblade and Fire Emblem Awakening for Christmas 2013...

I also remember trying to have a long distance relationship with someone. it sadly didn't work out.

2014 was also kinda crap. I lost a long time friend. I realize now she was toxic for me, but in the moment, it still hurt...

it's also when I joined Smashboards!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Broke: Smash 4 came out in 2014
Woke: THE ONLY XENOBLADE GAME THAT ****ING MATTERS CAME OUT IN 2014
WAIT **** THAT'S 2015 OH NO I JUMPED THE GUN

Last edited by a moderator:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Does Melee count as my first Fire Emblem game? :p

I played Marth almost exclusively in Melee, up to the point that the disc literally stopped working. FE7 came out here in 2004, I picked that up, and the rest is history, as they say. :p

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yo, Smash 4 is looking SICK! Good balance, the best cast, it looks soooo much faster, and MEWTWO?! TAKE MY MONEY.

Also, shame about Ridley and K. Rool, but one's too big, and one's irrelevant.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ah 2014, the year I kissed New England goodbye, and moved down to the most interesting part of the country that is typically known as the South

Oh, and Smash 4 came out!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

2014 is the year I was a ****head and also the year I joined this site so maybe there's a connection there

Roberk

Smash Champion
This is one of my favorite games. It's super underrated in my opinion. I actually have a Wheatley plush on my desk.
If Portal 2 is underrated then I guess every game ever is absolute garbage.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
2014 is the year I was a ****head and also the year I joined this site so maybe there's a connection there
Damn, you made me realize I missed the year I joined this site.

D

Deleted member

Smash 4?
Stop praising Smash 4. Smash 4 is over.
Ultimate tops Smash 4!
In reality, I loved Smash 4. Ultimate is better, but before Ultimate, Smash 4 was beautiful.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I joined in 2014 as well. Crazy to think that was 5 years ago...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
whos the guy with the axe i love him
That's Frederick, the god among mere mortals.

He's Chrom's retainer and lieutenant of the Shepherds, acting as Chrom's voice of reason before Robin comes along. The guy's also hyper-attentive to Chrom's needs to an absurd degree, despite his very professional appearance. And when I say professional, I mean it. He wears a full set of dress clothes and a tie under his armor.

He also hates bear meat, which goes back to a childhood trauma which gave him a fear of wild animals after he was attacked by wolves. That's right. Frederick got attacked by wolves as a child and he lived. Frederick is great.

He also has the single greatest critical hit quote in the entire franchise and is voiced by Ryu.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
2014 was the year I joined Miiverse. That site was terrible, but it's important to me. It was probably my first "social media" site, and I made a ton of friends on there.

On a sadder note, it was also when my Grandpa died. He was a really good guy, I miss him. Though his wife died far before I was born, and he was pretty religious, so it wasn't all sad I guess.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
2014 is the year that I tried watching MLP for the first time. :applejack:

Looking back, as much as I enjoy this show, mainly for it's character writing and warm, colorful setting, I'm...not really sure why I was as into as I was back at this point in time. For at least another year or so afterward, too. Because I was...kinda mildly obsessed with it. It overshadowed a lot of other shows I followed at the time, minus Gravity Falls (which has been my favorite show for years, now, and it's not looking like it'll be dethroned any time soon).

I still follow the show (though won't for much longer since it's last season is due to air this year) but I'm glad I'm not quite as focused on it as I used to be. There's a greater variety of shows out there, and they all offer me more things that MLP can't. I like to follow a big variety of shows, MLP is simply one among many, now (I've also largely stopped using avatars from the show. I still do from time to time, but not nearly as much as I used to. I like using a much wider variety of images for my avatar, too.)

Great show if you like cute stuff and can appreciate the kind of writing and stories it has to offer (and if you can ignore the more toxic sides of it's fanbase) but it's definitely not my favorite.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

He's Chrom's retainer and lieutenant of the Shepherds, acting as Chrom's voice of reason before Robin comes along. The guy's also hyper-attentive to Chrom's needs to an absurd degree, despite his very professional appearance. And when I say professional, I mean it. He wears a full set of dress clothes and a tie under his armor.

He also hates bear meat, which goes back to a childhood trauma which gave him a fear of wild animals after he was attacked by wolves. That's right. Frederick got attacked by wolves as a child and he lived. Frederick is great.

He also has the single greatest critical hit quote in the entire franchise and is voiced by Ryu.
Doesn't he spread nudes of Chrom around the camp or am I misremembering Awakening?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Smash For will always be my least favorite because they cut Snake and the majority of the newcomers didn't really appeal to me besides Mega Man, Robin, Shulk, and Little Mac and even then I wasn't blown away by them. That game would've been a real bust for me if DLC hadn't gave be baller ass characters like Mewtwo, Roy, Lucas, Cloud, Ryu, and Bayonetta. Corrine was ok, too.

Edit: and the Solo modes were ****ING ABYSMAL! HOLY ****! I forgot how bad it was.

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
Tropical Freeze, Smash, Mario Kart 8, and Kirby Triple Deluxe. T'was a good year.

Edit: I forgot Shovel Knight...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In 2014, after being dead for more than a decade after the release of Final Wars....
F20786D6-E32D-4BF7-8EF7-C9022B29DF20.jpeg

THE KING OF THE MONSTERS FINALLY RETURNED!

I went to see this movie at launch with my friends, and while the movie didn’t have many Godzilla scenes... We loved to death the ones he got.
I liked it so much, that after getting out of the cinema I went to a toy store on the shopping center just to buy the Godzilla figure some may remember from my shelf.

Needless to say, I was happy with his return... And I can’t wait to see the sequel.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Doesn't he spread nudes of Chrom around the camp or am I misremembering Awakening?
That was his way to boost morale and it's wonderful.

Like he really didn't realize there was anything wrong with it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Smash For will always be my least favorite because they cut Snake and the majority of the newcomers didn't really appeal to me besides Mega Man, Robin, and Little Mac. That game would've been a real bust for me if DLC hadn't gave be baller *** characters like Mewtwo, Roy, Lucas, Cloud, Ryu, and Bayonetta. Corrine was ok, too.
I'd still argue that Brawl had the best batch of newcomers pre-Ultimate.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
That was his way to boost morale and it's wonderful.

Like he really didn't realize there was anything wrong with it.
would've definitely gave my morale a good boosting ifyouknowwhatImean
Just my opinion.
your opinion is wrong. portal 2 is by no means underrated. it's extremely celebrated. literally everyone loves that game

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
2014 had some great games
But I didn't end up playing many of them til they were ported to Switch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Roberk

Smash Champion

Don't mind me, just posting one of the best FEW supports which of course has Frederick talking about collars.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Of course, this was also the year that only webcomic I've ever truly loved ended...A webcomic I'm sure most of this site knows by now:

Still, they couldn't have picked a better time for it to end than to coincide with Smash 4's release. Quite poetic.

We all miss you, Brawl in the Family.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
2014 had Tropical Freeze I forgot. That game being a literal ass masterpiece of an instant classic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom