• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

2016, the reveal of one of my favorite films, Captain America: Civil War

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I already mentioned how stellar 2017 was for gaming, so...
Victory_minmin.gif

MIN MIN FOR THE WIN WIN
In case you didn't know, she was the inspiration for my username

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It didn’t stop at Crash doh... Because in 2017 another one of my beloved series would return to glory too.
2EDB03B5-2E8D-4D72-AD04-0E7457A78684.jpeg

D

Deleted member

2017 was when the Switch was officially revealed to us so it was a pretty good year for that.

Plus I went camping on a beach with my friends which was pretty nice, it was a very fun time.

Also Xenoblade 2, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2 and BOTW were amazing games of this year.

Overall very good year, I enjoyed it a lot.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Forgot to mention: 2016 is the birth year of SiIvaGunner's channel.

This year is when Minecraft received new color stuffs. I received my Switch as a gift later that year.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

2017 was when the Switch was officially revealed to us so it was a pretty good year for that.

Plus I went camping on a beach with my friends which was pretty nice, it was a very fun time.

Also Xenoblade 2, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2 and BOTW were amazing games of this year.

Overall very good year, I enjoyed it a lot.
Don’t forget Samus Returns.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
2017 was a great year for Nintendo but I don't need to tell you that

Because of the Switch, it was also the year I got back into games again

Mario Odyssey was pure ****in serotonin

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hell yeah, Nier Automata, one of my favorite games of all time. Gameplay that isn't boring, music that isn't drab, and a story that doesn't make me question if Japan's writing is by an AI made to combine the words "teenager" and "high school" to every concept.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Guys, we need to stop posting. We're approaching the current year too rapidly. And who knows what'll happen when we get to the future?!

Roberk

Smash Champion

The main criticism of this game is "garbage maps", but I thought the super unique gameplay and other parts of the game (visuals, music, story themes, overall presentation, etc.) made up for it. **** $44 season passes though for a $40 3DS game that's a Gaiden remake, wtf Intelligent Systems.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
2017, when Nintendo remembered how to make good stuff again, Wolfenstein had fantastic marketing and Star Wars pissed off a bunch of manchildren.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
2017 was rather great for movies.

Kong: Skull Island, Guardians 2, Lost City of Z, War for the Planet of the Apes and Only the Brave. Those were among my favs.

Meanwhile 2018 wasn't as stellar but still had movies I enjoyed like Rampage, Overlord and My Hero Academia: Two Heroes.

And this year has movies I'm really anticipated for like Godzilla 2, Hobbs & Shaw, Missing Link and It: Chapter Two.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh hey, it's page 2017.

I don't think I've gotten a console that made me get into gaming more and spent money more on than the Switch.

Honestly? My most favorite console yet, and I'm excited for what this year and the next seven has in store.

We got masterpieces such as Mario Odyssey, indie devs got theirselves a new home, and also the year where somehow Xenoblade Chronicles 2 released and was a better RPG than Final Fantasy XV and KHIII.

...then Final Fantasy IX came two years later.

Such a great console.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
2017 was tough for me, going back to my personal regrets and self-esteem issues bringing about some depression that I had to fight back. Thankfully, by the midpoint of the year, I can say I got much better, but ugh, it was still a rough experience for me. I don't want to feel that awful about myself ever again....

How about we go on another lighter note? Lest we forget, possibly the biggest damn revival event in Western Animation in ages...

Jack came back.

D

Deleted member

2017 was a mini-renaissance for gaming.
Nintendo hit a goldmine, and a lot of great games in general came out.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
2017... Miiverse's death. It was a very sad day. There'll never be another site like it, for better or for worse. I kept in contact with most of my friends on there, except for one. I hope he was happy when Ridley was revealed, he really wanted him.

I also joined a little site called Smashboards. Probably haven't heard of it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
2017 saw the release of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, the last of my trifecta of three favorite Fire Emblem games. Easily the best OST in the series, amazing art, full voice acting...and also some of my favorite characters.

Celica.jpg

Silque.png

Tobin.png

Mae.png

Saber.png

RIP Tobin, Mae, and Saber for not having their full Cipher art released outside of the card itself.

And also Palla, who's one of my favorites but didn't originate here.
Palla.png

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
2017... Miiverse's death. It was a very sad day. There'll never be another site like it, for better or for worse. I kept in contact with most of my friends on there, except for one. I hope he was happy when Ridley was revealed, he really wanted him.

I also joined a little site called Smashboards. Probably haven't heard of it.
As for me, i moved on to Closedverse. It was fine at first, but then it showed why random teenagers should never run a social media site.

R O F L

Smash Ace
The year the monstrosity itself, Hey! Pikmin, came out.

I have never been so disappointed by a game in my entire life, I wasn't even expecting much from a 3DS spinoff made by Arzest.

Despite that, 2017 was neat for Nintendo. BotW, Super Mario Odyssey, the Switch, Splatoon 2, etc.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Oh, also Capcom's Redemption arc started with RE7 and faltered a little with MvC:I but they've been going great since.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of which, uhhh.
I never got into the Mognet and Chocobo side content. I focused too hard on the main story, and I tend to do that a lot. I got into Tetra Master and actually liked it a lot, but only spent a small time on it.

I probably missed out a lot on FFIX's side content, didn't I?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I already mentioned how stellar 2017 was for gaming, so...
View attachment 196555
MIN MIN FOR THE WIN WIN
In case you didn't know, she was the inspiration for my username
I do know, and it's how we originally became friends here.

We should play ARMS sometime. Or... Smash. Something.

D

Deleted member

The year the monstrosity itself, Hey! Pikmin, came out.

I have never been so disappointing by a game in my entire life, I wasn't even expecting much from a 3DS spinoff made by Arzest.

Despite that, 2017 was neat for Nintendo. BotW, Super Mario Odyssey, the Switch, Splatoon 2, etc.
You mean "disappointed".

Also, 2017 was a Nintendo renaissance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom