• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If something exist on the internet, there will always be people who find darker, unintended meanings. Which is why I don't usually care unless it's something that's really unfortunate even in context.

Do pokemon Sword and Shield have anything to do with nazis or hentei? No? Then I'm still calling them SS and you can't stop me.

D

Deleted member

I'm just gonna call Pokemon S&S Pokemon Sand and none of you can stop me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I still can't believe that Ultimate literally has ten times more viable fighters than Melee.
Yet we have yet to have an all :ultpit: tournament
You mean "Acronym".
No grammar police allowed here
View attachment 194955
Would y’all like to see Pokemon with a more realistic art style? Or at least protags that aren’t 10 year olds. Just wish the player avatars could be more self-inserts with customization.
I just want them to be old teens or atleast kids that actually continue to look like real kids (and not bait)
In certain circles it stands for straight shota, which is usually hentai about an older woman ****ing an underage boy.
4CBF23BB-928E-4944-8131-9CCC70AF4A28.png

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ooh what if this is finally the generation that gives us a gryphon pokemon?

This game better have a gryphon in it or I'm canceling my preorder.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna call S&S Pokemon Shoto and Pokemon Star and you specifically can't stop me
You're right to my dismay I cannot stop you but uh wanna take this outside chief? /s

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'm going to wait until Game Freak shows that they're committed to making a good Pokémon game for veteran players. They can say they're catering to us all they want but until I see a challenging Pokémon game that doesn't hold hands and isn't afraid to pull punches I'm not sold.
Unfortunately never going to happen. We're not who Game Freak makes the most money from or who they even aim the games at. They aim the games at children, as that's where all the money comes from.

Us older players are pretty much just a bonus to them. :drshrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Unfortunately never going to happen. We're not who Game Freak makes the most money from or who they even aim the games at. They aim the games at children, as that's where all the money comes from.
They aim at both children and "core gamers". They get money from both. Otherwise there wouldn't be so much nostalgia pandering.

That said I still agree with your point that expecting a super-challenging Pokemon game is kind of unreasonable. It's like expecting Kirby to be super hard. Pokemon Sun/Moon and Black/White were at adequate levels of difficult if you ask me, I think they should strive for that.

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
They aim at both children and gamers. They get money from both. Otherwise there wouldn't be so much nostalgia pandering.

That said I still agree with your point that expecting a super-challenging Pokemon game is kind of unreasonable. It's like expecting Kirby to be super hard. Pokemon Sun/Moon and Black/White were at adequate levels of difficult if you ask me, I think they should strive for that.
What about a difficulty slider or a easy and hard mode?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A difficulty slider I wouldn't expect because there'd be balancing complications there.

I think a hard mode would be pretty reasonable though and I'd totally be down for that. I'm not sure I see them doing it though, and again, it's not like we're there's that many people complaining that Kirby or Mario Odyssey have don't have hard modes.

D

Deleted member

I think we can all agree. If Sword and Shield are as challenging as Black and White were, the game is gonna be fire. Still miss playing BW.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Funny thing is they tried an easy and hard mode but they didn't work. Not only did you have to beat the game to unlock a difficulty which was version exclusive, but you had to link up with someone who has the other. Even then it didn't quite work out well as hard mode ironically gives you more EXP considering now Black and White had EXP scale with your level

Pakky

Smash Hero
A lot of Kalos Pokemon were really fast, a lot of Alola Pokemon were really slow. Maybe Galar Pokemon will be split evenly?
I hope so, though all the starters look like speedsters this time around .

None of them are true quadrupeds which is interesting, cuz usually one kinda is.

It would be nice to have a mix of both. Becasue even dudes who max out at like 270-317 can be super good with choice scarf.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They aim at both children and gamers. They get money from both. Otherwise there wouldn't be so much nostalgia pandering.

I agree they do go for both, but TBH they're never going to change the way they develop them because they don't need to. Pokemon sells gangbusters regardless of its actual challenge. Ideally we'd get difficulty options, but GF most likely doesn't see the need when the only people asking for it are kind of the minority compared to the rest of Pokemon's massive player base. Even if they go for both crowds, children are still their primary focus for them, and as long as they're happy, GF is happy.

In my own opinion, though, I could care less about difficulty scaling in Pokemon at this point. I'll just start up a Nuzlocke challenge if I want it to be harder.

D

Deleted member

Never played those but from what I hear people really like Bass.exe
Can confirm, he’s a superboss in the first game and has a lot of importance in the sequels. He’s pretty cool.
I agree they do go for both, but TBH they're never going to change the way they develop them because they don't need to. Pokemon sells gangbusters regardless of its actual challenge. Ideally we'd get difficulty options, but GF most likely doesn't see the need when the only people asking for it are kind of the minority compared to the rest of Pokemon's massive player base. Even if they go for both crowds, children are still their primary focus for them, and as long as they're happy, GF is happy.

In my own opinion, though, I could care less about difficulty scaling in Pokemon at this point. I'll just start up a Nuzlocke challenge if I want it to be harder.
I feel like Masuda’s comments on Battle Frontier in ORAS are relevant
Put simply, the Battle Frontier wasn't included because only a tiny number of players would have appreciated and used this game feature. Players get fed up more easily than they did in the past and aren't attracted by these 'demanding' challenges.”

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
A decent way to beef up difficulty in Pokemon slightly is for more of the AI opponents to use proper strategy. Kukui did IIRC, as did many Battle Tree trainers, but a lot didn't really seem to have any gameplan. One of the things I love about Colosseum is that each boss had a strategy e.g. protect + earthquake, rain team, skill swap Slaking etc. Though that was double battles, which are underutilised in mainline Pokemon games.

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
I really like the theory that the stadiums are the Gyms, and that the Pokemon League is actually a league (so, the soccer scene in the trailer). Just sets up even more for my inevitable disappointment when the game comes out.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I really like the theory that the stadiums are the Gyms, and that the Pokemon League is actually a league (so, the soccer scene in the trailer). Just sets up even more for my inevitable disappointment when the game comes out.
Yeah. It they have a rabbit starter so who gives a ****?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Quick question. How many people who complain about Pokemon games being too easy go out of their way to dodge field trainers? I'm genuinely curious. There was a point in time where I was obsessed with fighting every one I came across for that easy money and exp. but eventually I stopped fighting them to find that it made the games more challenging and far less tedious to boot. Pokemon isn't a traditional FE game, you don't have to worry about optimizing resources and if you somehow hit a roadblock you can always still back track and grind.

Of course there's still Let's Go which gives you and OP starter regardless so let's not count that one.
I feel like Masuda’s comments on Battle Frontier in ORAS are relevant
Put simply, the Battle Frontier wasn't included because only a tiny number of players would have appreciated and used this game feature. Players get fed up more easily than they did in the past and aren't attracted by these 'demanding' challenges.”
Which was a BS excuse because they were optional postgame content that weren't required to progress.

I'm still salty about that one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom