• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I still don't believe it yet. "Sword and Shield in England" seems possible enough to guess that this can possibly be chalked up to "a thousand monkeys with a thousand typewriters".

Armored Charizard and Armored Mewtwo also seems super redundant when both those pokemon already have two megas each.
I agree, plus i want to keep being surprised, i really want this game to be the least badly leaked, god knows S&M was terrible leak times lol…

D

Deleted member

I feel like Masuda’s comments on Battle Frontier in ORAS are relevant
Put simply, the Battle Frontier wasn't included because only a tiny number of players would have appreciated and used this game feature. Players get fed up more easily than they did in the past and aren't attracted by these 'demanding' challenges.”
TBH he's right. Children are being raised with easy games that are only getting easier, and simplistic phone games and instant gratification games are the norm for the casual market Pokemon appeals to. Even though core gamers get frustrated whenever this fact is brought up, it is valid.

Some games just are the way they are, and they aren't gonna change if what they're doing works. Games like Kirby and Pokemon will always be easy, regardless of what the hardcore fans of the series want. It all comes down to whether or not you still enjoy it, as not everything can grow and mature with you. Things you liked as a kid you may not like as you get older, because they were and still are aimed at kids.

If you are looking for a challenging game, it would honestly be best to go play a game that caters to that, rather than demand that a game that doesn't nor ever did be changed to fit your new tastes. That's how I feel, anyways.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What about a difficulty slider or a easy and hard mode?
You know what would be interesting? If they made Sword/Shield like Birthright/Conquest. WAIT HEAR ME OUT.

Let the player pick if they want a harsher challenge or a more casual experience based on the version they choose. Make the multiple versions thing mean something for once.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Am I the only one who thinks an Overwatch fighting game would be really cool?
a blizzard crossover fighter in the vein of heroes of the storm is an untapped market that will sadly never happen the way blizzard's going right now

D

Deleted member

TBH he's right. Children are being raised with easy games that are only getting easier, and simplistic phone games and instant gratification games are the norm for the casual market Pokemon appeals to. Even though core gamers get frustrated whenever this fact is brought up, it is valid.

Some games just are the way they are, and they aren't gonna change if what they're doing works. Games like Kirby and Pokemon will always be easy, regardless of what the hardcore fans of the series want. It all comes down to whether or not you still enjoy it, as not everything can grow and mature with you. Things you liked as a kid you may not like as you get older, because they were and still are aimed at kids.

If you are looking for a challenging game, it would honestly be best to go play a game that caters to that, rather than demand that a game that doesn't nor ever did be changed to fit your new tastes. That's how I feel, anyways.
This is true, but the fact that the battle frontier was in the original but not the remake does rub me the wrong way. Its a remake, I don’t think it should be taking things away from the game.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Nope. But every characters using ranged weapons can make it weird. Though I'm not an expert on OW's gameplay, so what do I know.
I don’t know much about OW either, but, ranged weapons can be converted into close range weapons by making them fire close range bursts (some of Samus/Gunner’s normals, Brawlhalla blasters, Noel in Blazblue, ect.) and/or by having the characters use them as blunt melee weapons at close range (Inkling’s bair and dair). Or as aforementioned it can just be a relatively zoney fighting game.

D

Deleted member

mfw i spend $120 just to get every single one of the pixels on a screen native to the fictional galar reigon
2ushwu~2.jpg

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

The thing is a Battle Frontier would be kind of like the Boss Battle Mode at the end of every Kirby game. Kids could easily beat the mainline story, but there's still optimal postgame challenge for players who want to really try to tap into and master the game's actual depth. It's a great compromise imo.

Of course no matter what happens Pokemon will still always have competitive multiplayer I guess.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Actually speaking of Overwatch apparently they confirmed a new playable character a few days ago? I have literally heard nothing about this, not even from friends who play the game
Because he really doesn't stick out at all. I saw his trailer this morning and I already forgot his name. Though, another healer is always cool, I guess.

D

Deleted member

Actually speaking of Overwatch apparently they confirmed a new playable character a few days ago? I have literally heard nothing about this, not even from friends who play the game
Yeah, this guy.
Blizz sort of just dropped him out of nowhere with no buildup so it kinda flew over the head of general gaming news.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Because he really doesn't stick out at all. I saw his trailer this morning and I already forgot his name. Though, another healer is always cool, I guess.
dude looks like a default fortnite skin - for a game that has some killer character designs he just looks awful

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The lack of a Battle Frontier is literally the only thing keeping Omega Ruby from being the perfect Pokémon game for me. I still love it, but Black 2 still reigns supreme for that reason.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I still feel like that's bad on Game Freak's end because if I was the director of the biggest franchise on the planet, I'd give them a potentially limitless thing to use in the postgame so they can still have something to do after beating the main story. Pokemon's even been trying to get the competitive scene easier to understand and get into with Super Training and Bottle Caps

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It just occurred to me that Gen 7 is about to come to an end and we still haven't gotten any official Type: Null / Silvally merchandise outside of that tiny little trading card figure and a pair pins.

I guess some fans of other pokemon have it worse but this still hurts me.

D

Deleted member

a blizzard crossover fighter in the vein of heroes of the storm is an untapped market that will sadly never happen the way blizzard's going right now
I still mourn the death of HotS. It was the one MOBA where I could stomach playing more than 1 or 2 games in a single session.

Roberk

Smash Champion
You know what would be interesting? If they made Sword/Shield like Birthright/Conquest. WAIT HEAR ME OUT.

Let the player pick if they want a harsher challenge or a more casual experience based on the version they choose. Make the multiple versions thing mean something for once.
That’d be cool but it would suck I wanted but to pick the hard version that has lame Pokemon as opposed to the easy version with cool Pokemon. Just make difficulty options, it’s not like GF doesn’t have the time or money.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just to make this clear: The removal of the Battle Frontier was dumb, and I truly do believe that. I was mainly talking about the main game and story progression, which I think Masuda's comments apply to very well.

IDK why Masuda used that reasoning for post-game content, though. Seems really backwards.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That’d be cool but it would suck I wanted but to pick the hard version that has lame Pokemon as opposed to the easy version with cool Pokemon. Just make difficulty options, it’s not like GF doesn’t have the time or money.
With the global trade station being a thing I don't personally think the different versions' pokemon is even a big deal anymore.

Roberk

Smash Champion
With the global trade station being a thing I don't personally think the different versions' pokemon is even a big deal anymore.
I hate Global Trade, the deals are just awful. I guess I can find a discord or reddit to organize trades but the GTN is filled with “gimme your legendary for my bidoof”.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
**** the GTS. They need two changes to make it functional.
1: Let people check the summary of the Pokemon you're offering. If you're saying you have a Speed Boost Sharpedo for trade, I want to ****ing check if it actually has Speed Boost or not.
2: DO NOT ALLOW PEOPLE TO REQUEST FOR UNOBTAINABLE POKEMON LIKE LEVEL 9 AND UNDER ZEKROM

Pakky

Smash Hero
So we know someone from gen 8 is probably getting a DLC spot in Smash, right?

Not set in stone but I don't think this situation has occurred before.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I guess we'll be waiting till E3 to hear more about this.
At this point E3 for Nintendo is shaping up to be this:

A lot more about Pokemon, Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 3, a reminder that Three Houses and Astral Chain are coming soon, Bayonetta 3 if we're lucky, probably a hardware update and probably a Smash fighter. And those are only the things we know about. They'll obviously showcase stuff we don't.

No wonder their last E3 has 70% Smash. They knew Smash could carry it and wanted to blow E3 out of the water in 2019.

D

Deleted member

Me: Alright... Final Fantasy XII, X and X-2 are coming out in April. I still have lots of games to get through, and even Resident Evil 0, 1 and 4 are coming... but I think I'll be able to get through --

Capcom: lol sike ***** you thought, here's three more games for you to buy

D

Deleted member

People don't want this game to be leaked?

*Vergeben noises intensify*
Imagine if Verge just jumps on the Gen 8 train and gets everything right like Base-Roster for Ultimate that would suck.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Almost got Philshed, luckily I could tell immediately it was a scam before I entered any credentials.

Immediately changed password for the account that this occurred on.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Me: Alright... Final Fantasy XII, X and X-2 are coming out in April. I still have lots of games to get through, and even Resident Evil 0, 1 and 4 are coming... but I think I'll be able to get through --

Please let this mean Phoenix Wright is slightly more likely for Smash, now...

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I need to hurry up and watch the Pokemon Sun / Moon anime.

I stopped following the anime forever ago but I hear that SM actually has some good character writing so I probably ought to check it out. I really hope they do Gladion / Lillie / Guzma / Lusamine well. Especially Lusamine. I'm still salty about how USUM handled her.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I need to hurry up and watch the Pokemon Sun / Moon anime.

I stopped following the anime forever ago but I hear that SM actually has some good character writing so I probably ought to check it out. I really hope they do Gladion / Lillie / Guzma / Lusamine well. Especially Lusamine. I'm still salty about how USUM handled her.
I legitimately didn't know US/UM had significant story differences.

Like, I'm curious, but not curious enough to play through the whole damn game again and pay, what, $35 used?

D

Deleted member

Mircosoft: Nintendo and I are getting married, I'm taking their last name.
Phil Spencer and Doug Bowser do a fusion dance on stage.

Me: don't buy the AA trilogy for the fourth time you knob
Also me:
Gant_Breakdown_2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom