• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oi mate I'm actually born in Britain meself so how about ya sod off before I grab me cattleprod an' blister yuh bellend ya cheeky ****ah
Wow, it’s like I’m really getting shanked!
Sometimes I forget that not everyone has extensive knowledge on every single Pokemon like I do.

I'm not even saying that to brag. I'm an absolute dweeb and i'm ashamed.
Aww man, don’t be! We’ve always got something wrong we!re passionate about mate.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So what usually is the difference between the two Pokemon versions? (Sorry I’m a pokeman newbie)
A couple things, though the main one is that some Pokemon are exclusive to one version of the game...

That's why trading is a very big aspect of Pokemon

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So what usually is the difference between the two Pokemon versions? (Sorry I’m a pokeman newbie)
Some Pokemon are exclusive, slightly different story, sometimes a few different trainers. That’s pretty much it. Don’t buy both versions unless you’re already a super fan.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Version exclusive Pokemon you can only catch in one version, the legendary on the box, sometimes story differences like the evil team or even the time of day.

Really, we just have to wait and see. I usually base my choices on version exclusives and box legends.

D

Deleted member

There are 2 legendary Pokemon in each gen and each version has one of the two. Sometimes the evil team is different between the two versions, and there will be a couple Pokemon you can only get in one version

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Sometimes I forget that not everyone has extensive knowledge on every single Pokemon like I do.

No, that's a good thing. You're here for random Pokemon trivia because not everyone can have extensive knowledge of everything.

I know far more about Resident Evil, Bioware games and comicbook superheroes than will ever be desired in this thread.

KMDP

Smash Legend

During the first generation I could have told you every single Pokémon in order.

Not so much now, I'm content with just knowing all their names and types even if I don't know their specific order.

D

Deleted member

No, that's a good thing. You're here for random Pokemon trivia because not everyone can have extensive knowledge of everything.

I know far more about Resident Evil, Bioware games and comicbook superheroes than will ever be desired in this thread.
Well I'll just have you know that I care about your crazy knowledge of Jill Valentine and her every appearance in any medium to date

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
I cannot stand getting washed the **** out by Incineroar. A friend of mine mains him and its infuriating trying to get in on him. He's probably the only person I've played against who uses him but damn, he's ****ing good at incineroar.

D

Deleted member

Gen 6 was the worst generation, I said it.

I already am liking Gen 8, because I heard London looks very pleasing.

D

Deleted member

I cannot stand getting washed the **** out by Incineroar. A friend of mine mains him and its infuriating trying to get in on him. He's probably the only person I've played against who uses him but damn, he's ****ing good at incineroar.
:GCD::GCB:->:GCR::GCB: is a true combo

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yall talking about your nerd cred when I got a competitive IV and EV trained squad of supermonsters.

D

Deleted member

Yall talking about your nerd cred when I got a competitive IV and EV trained squad of supermonsters.
Same here, honestly.

I have a Modest Perfect IV Gengar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Nintendo's demographic has always been children and the easier it is for them to play the better the sales. As much as I lament the reason it does make sense from a marketing perspective. Though I do wish that Pokemon would take the digimon route. Their fans have grown up so they did too.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I kinda started losing interest in Pokemon around gen 7 so correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the issue that there was some VERY viable defence mons? Were there not enough pokemon who knew Taunt or something?
I'm not too knowledgeable about the Competitive side of Pokémon, but one thing I do know is that the majority of the new Pokémon in Gen VII were really slow for some reason (like, about Base 60 speed slow).

Even the ones that should be fast like Vikavolt.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm not too knowledgeable about the Competitive side of Pokémon, but one thing I do know is that the majority of the new Pokémon in Gen VII were really slow for some reason (like, about Base 60 speed slow).

Even the ones that should be fast like Vikavolt.
Yeah but there's **** like Toxapex and you there's literally a Pyukumuku set called The Useless Thing That Never Dies

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I kinda started losing interest in Pokemon around gen 7 so correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the issue that there was some VERY viable defence mons? Were there not enough pokemon who knew Taunt or something?
A generation of completely worthless mons with sub 50 speed. This means Aaaaaall the pokemon from before are still dominant and even better in some cases with the addition of z moves.
And
Z-moves. **** those. It's basically the equivalent of giving every pokemon a potential nuke. "Ah, you have a hard counter pokemon that defeats my pokemon? I'm gonna use the one move that works once, that wipes you off the map."

Oh yeah and exceptions to the first bit are UBs and the Tapus.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Gen 1 is the best because it's Number 1 like Robbie Rotten also it has Pikachu and Gengar.

-I hope Gen 8 has more Ultra Beasts, it'd be a shame for those to be a one-time thing.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
tbh my best pokemon moment was getting a perfect nature shiny pinsir in Moon

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Well I'll just have you know that I care about your crazy knowledge of Jill Valentine and her every appearance in any medium to date
Funny thing is Chris is my favorite. I just know Jill is a far safer bet for Smash and I miss her.

It's been 11 ****ing years since she had a main story role, and that role was being brainwashed by the villain and getting a new hairdo. She needs to get back in the game. Literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom