• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Funny thing is Chris is my favorite. I just know Jill is a far safer bet for Smash and I miss her.

It's been 11 ****ing years since she had a main story role, and that role was being brainwashed by the villain and getting a new hairdo. She needs to get back in the game. Literally.
Reminds me of how Chris got turned into some dadbod-looking chump in 7. Man I miss swole Chris.

D

Deleted member

Gen 1 is the best because it's Number 1 like Robbie Rotten also it has Pikachu and Gengar.

-I hope Gen 8 has more Ultra Beasts, it'd be a shame for those to be a one-time thing.
Ah, Fellow man of culture I see. That Dude was a great guy may he rest in peace

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I retired from competitive Pokemon ages ago. I'm still stuck in Gens 5 and 6 when it comes to metagame knowledge.

I played a little bit of early competitive gen 7, just enough to realize my bois Silvally and Null kind of suck and that Pheromosa is toxic as heck.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I kinda started losing interest in Pokemon around gen 7 so correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the issue that there was some VERY viable defence mons? Were there not enough pokemon who knew Taunt or something?
been that way since 6. Stalling is super easy and super annoying to go against. It's created an environment where you have to use a team slot just to check or counter one specific pokemon. if you remember Gen 6 competitive, think how people used to run Rotom Wash to check talonflame

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
She's part of the evil organization as an under cover officer for the International Police.

That's why these 12 year olds are taking down cults and mobs, they're moms trained them.
I always disliked the whole "12 year old taking down a crime syndicate thing with little or in Red, Blue and Yellow's case. No help at all. It makes the Crime bosses look like jokes in the eyes of the public, membership would decrease because people wouldn't find the organization worth their time or effort. Mob bosses and Cartels in real life use power and fear to keep their organizations in line. Pokemon's crime bosses don't deserve my respect or my time if they can't handle a twelve year old.

KMDP

Smash Legend
tbh my best pokemon moment was getting a perfect nature shiny pinsir in Moon
My Y file has a Shiny Volcarona with 4/6 Perfect IVs and a Beneficial Nature and, I believe, a Lucario with Perfect IVs.

My luckiest gaming moments.

D

Deleted member

My first shiny was a Shiny Virizion.
I completely did not expect it. I named it "Daisy".

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
been that way since 6. Stalling is super easy and super annoying to go against. It's created an environment where you have to use a team slot just to check or counter one specific pokemon. if you remember Gen 6 competitive, think how people used to run Rotom Wash to check talonflame
Oh right, I remember Game Freak made up a terrible system to 'counter' this by having a limited amount of time you have, meaning if you stall by waiting till the last few seconds to make a move too much you automatically lose. Not exactly good if someone manages to use something that's hard to work against which needs more time to think about

D

Deleted member

I think my first Shiny was a Snover? TBH I can't remember. It was a while ago.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I always disliked the whole "12 year old taking down a crime syndicate thing with little or in Red, Blue and Yellow's case. No help at all. It makes the Crime bosses look like jokes in the eyes of the public, membership would decrease because people wouldn't find the organization worth their time or effort. Mob bosses and Cartels in real life use power and fear to keep their organizations in line. Pokemon's crime bosses don't deserve my respect or my time if they can't handle a twelve year old.
Yeah OK, but evidently adult men and women playing at the peak of battle can't beat a 12 year old

Also, what kind of tournament allows mythical gods and midbattle drug use?

D

Deleted member

I don't know a lot about Pokemon in comparison to others so I think I'm gonna play all the Gens leading up to 8 and I can't wait to do that.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Reminds me of how Chris got turned into some dadbod-looking chump in 7. Man I miss swole Chris.
I also don't like that they dropped Roger Craig Smith. He was perfect.

The Marvel vs. Capcom guys even thought so when they brought him back anyway.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
True stall kind of sucked in Gen 6, to be honest. There were too many potential stall breakers for defense cores to be fully reliable all the time. Not to mention Gothitelle who existed entirely just to screw with stall teams.

Now semi-stall? That was good. Having the option to include a volt turn core or offense build in your team really opened your options and allowed you to be prepared for things a true stall team wouldn't.

I was a Showdown player by the way, if that changes anything. Screw IV breeding and grinding, I just wanted to play the game.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Oh right, I remember Game Freak made up a terrible system to 'counter' this by having a limited amount of time you have, meaning if you stall by waiting till the last few seconds to make a move too much you automatically lose. Not exactly good if someone manages to use something that's hard to work against which needs more time to think about
well beyond just the timer, it's not uncommon for top level single battles to go on for 100+ turns. The viable pokes in the current gen create this sort of meta

D

Deleted member

I'm interested in other ways they might make the new region similar to the UK. We've already seen the countryside, Victorian era buildings, and the game seems to take place on an island. I'm expecting there to be at least one Castle, and the southern part of the island seems to be based of Scotland, so I'm wondering if they'll add a second island based off Ireland, maybe it could be shaped like a shield due to how the main island is shaped similarly to a sword.

Also can we get a political vote in the game on whether or not the region should leave the the "Pokemon Union", and no matter what happens no-one is happy.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
My first (and only one, to this day) legitimate shiny, was a Raticate in Heartgold...

I named him "Shiny", because duh

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I should go back and finish Moon's postgame. I've heard it's supposed to be pretty good.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
True stall kind of sucked in Gen 6, to be honest. There were too many potential stall breakers for defense cores to be fully reliable all the time. Not to mention Gothitelle who existed entirely just to screw with stall teams.

Now semi-stall? That was good. Having the option to include a volt turn core or offense build in your team really opened your options and allowed you to be prepared for things a true stall team wouldn't.

I was a Showdown player by the way, if that changes anything. Screw IV breeding and grinding, I just wanted to play the game.
I really liked a lot of gen 6 changes. the weather and dragon nerf were so necessary, cause gen 5 was literally just those two things

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
My first shiny was a Raltz.

It's still the only shiny I have ever gotten (unless you count Mystery Gift Beldum, I fully evolved it).

Sadly I was stupid and traded it away after evolving it into Gallade...and I traded it for a Munna or Musharna before I knew you could catch them on one of the islands in ORAS.

why did I even care to trade, I think I really wanted a Jirachi or something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

well beyond just the timer, it's not uncommon for top level single battles to go on for 100+ turns. The viable pokes in the current gen create this sort of meta
I'm feeling guilty now for my Celesteela with Toxic, Leech Seed, Protect and Block now

Pakky

Smash Hero
Grookey might be a Crickey player

Was looking for street Cricket to see if anyone used rocks at all

They do but I'm not sure for what.

1551297763571.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My first shiny was a Raltz.

It's still the only shiny I have ever gotten (unless you count Mystery Gift Beldum, I fully evolved it).

Sadly I was stupid and traded it away after evolving it into Gallade...and I traded it for a Munna or Musharna before I knew you could catch them on one of the islands in ORAS.
Ayy, so was mine, caught her way back in Emerald. Still have her too.
Sucks that you traded yours away, I've made descisions in the past like that myself, only in different games.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Noipoi, clearly a member of the bunny whatshisface gang liked my Sobble post? ok lol

Ayy, so was mine, caught her way back in Emerald. Still have her too.
Sucks that you traded yours away, I've made descisions in the past like that myself, only in different games.
Same. Shiny hunting is great.

D

Deleted member

People are thinking Scorbunny is gonna be Fire/Electric.

Gosh I hope so. That would be such a cool typing for a Starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom