• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Wait a minute. The anagram for Pokemon Shield and Sword is "Pokemon SS"...?

Oh no.

WOAH NELLY.png

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm calling it now, the protags are gonna be called Bertrand and Brenda.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Once again I prefer the female protagonist but will probably pick the male one because I'm lowkey a little paranoid about seeming like a creep for picking the little girl. Male protagonist doesn't look bad this time though, hopefully they actually have some real clothing options this time.
Have to disagree with you on that one, I though Mega Mewtwo Y was really freaking cool.
As a standalone pokemon I would have been fine with it. As an "evolved" Mewtwo form though? It's not menacing enough.

X has the opposite problem where it seems too physical. Mewtwo has always had powerful physical attack but it being higher then it's special attack just seems wrong to me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Once again I prefer the female protagonist but will probably pick the male one because I'm lowkey a little paranoid about seeming like a creep for picking the little girl. Male protagonist doesn't look bad this time though, hopefully they actually have some real clothing options this time.

As a standalone pokemon I would have been fine with it. As an "evolved" Mewtwo form though? It's not menacing enough.

X has the opposite problem where it seems too physical. Mewtwo has always had powerful physical attack but it being higher then it's special attack just seems wrong to me.
I think the idea was for Y to bring it closer to Mew while X was supposed to heighten its more unique and aggressive nature.

Roberk

Smash Champion
1551290838594.jpeg

Would y’all like to see Pokemon with a more realistic art style? Or at least protags that aren’t 10 year olds. Just wish the player avatars could be more self-inserts with customization.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I'm going to wait until Game Freak shows that they're committed to making a good Pokémon game for veteran players. They can say they're catering to us all they want but until I see a challenging Pokémon game that doesn't hold hands and isn't afraid to pull punches I'm not sold.
Why would they make a 'challenging' Pokémon game? Pokémon is meant to be a good starter RPG. Unless they add difficulty options, it wouldn't make sense to make it challenging.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 194955
Would y’all like to see Pokemon with a more realistic art style? Or at least protags that aren’t 10 year olds. Just wish the player avatars could be more self-inserts with customization.
idc if they make me a kid but at least lemme choose from 10-18 i dont wanna be a 10 year old

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Leffen accused French Bread of bribery. French Bread doesn't even have their own ****ing website, so yes, leffen IS an attention-seeking ******* who stirs the pot
Wait what? CTB got in two evos in a row but it's the proven and liked somewhat niche fighter that bribed their way in? Hell I like CTB to a degree and even I know it was bought in. Then there's SamSho which has shown little to nothing so far.
I don't get why people are targeting Undernight like that

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
It'd be Pokémon S&S not SS, we're fine.
Funnilly enough, Monster Hunter players will already think Sword & Shield when seeing S&S.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
.....am I missing something here with SS? The only things I can think of with that are ship names and super saiyan, neither of which are suspect in any way

D

Deleted member

.....am I missing something here with SS? The only things I can think of with that are ship names and super saiyan, neither of which are suspect in any way
The Schutzstaffel was a major paramilitary organization under Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party in Nazi Germany, and later throughout German-occupied Europe during World War II. Their acronym was SS.

Noipoi

Howdy!
In certain circles it stands for straight shota, which is usually hentai about an older woman ****ing an underage boy.

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
The Schutzstaffel was a major paramilitary organization under Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party in Nazi Germany, and later throughout German-occupied Europe during World War II. Their acronym was SS.
Oh didn't know that. Feels like that wouldn't be the first thing to come to mind for most people though lol

D

Deleted member

Oi ye got a loicense for dat dere Pokemon foight? I'll break ye ****in arm mate

D

Deleted member

In certain circles it stands for straight shota, which is usually hentai about an older woman ****ing an underage boy.
This is what came to mind first for me, which I’m pretty sure says nothing good about my mental state haha.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Calm down you clowns, we've literally already had Pokemon SS, remember Soul Silver? And no one lost their ****. We're all gonna be alright.

Well Shiny-

Oh wait, you're not Shiny.

This wasn't it but I think we've all learned something nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom