• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Leffen calling the game ****
Dude is just a troll at this point.

The game might end up being ****, but there is literally no way to know yet.

Unless the person in question wanted this to be a reboot and couldn't accept anything else, because that's the only thing we're certain that it's not.

D

Deleted member

Leffen thinks Castle Siege should be banned so his opinion is irrelevant.

Yes I'm bitter.
DON'T FORGET LEFFEN ALSO SAID THAT FRENCH BREAD AND SNK HAS MONEY TO GET UNIST AND SAMSHO IN EVO.

Oh and Ultimate never innovated Smash in any way, but him saying literal doujin makers have money is something else.

...uh huh.png

D

Deleted member

any fanbase in a nutshell
i mean i can't think of anybody who said ultimate looked like **** unironically after it was revealed for the first time
after the november direct was different but during e3 everyone basically agreed that ti looked amazing minus a few minor nitpicks (launch speed, smoke, etc)

KMDP

Smash Legend
If someone told me I smelled like cherries I would be happy all day.
I would have said "Gloom" or "Vileplume", but the quote is "Your father smelt of Elderberries" so it had to be a Berry Pokémon.

I suppose it could have been one of the berries, but I'm not going to look through all 60 of them to find the right one.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So… this leak was real
I still don't believe it yet. "Sword and Shield in England" seems possible enough to guess that this can possibly be chalked up to "a thousand monkeys with a thousand typewriters".

Armored Charizard and Armored Mewtwo also seems super redundant when both those pokemon already have two megas each.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I still don't believe it yet. "Sword and Shield in England" seems possible enough to guess that this can possibly be chocked up to "a thousand monkeys with a thousand typewriters".

Armored Charizard and Armored Mewtwo also seems super redundant when both those pokemon already have two megas each.
I mean, Charizard and Mewtwo are literally up there with Pikachu in the top 3 most iconic pokemon of all time so it makes sense Game Freak would shill them more

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
you say this like gamefreak don't have a perpetual stiffy for gen 1's most popular pokemon

D

Deleted member

Smash Ultimate:

> brings back a lot of grassroot mechanics and embraces a lot of Melee-feeling tactics, while also opening up new mechanics
> opens up a lot of stage variety with various options to choose from with it's Battlefield and Omega Forms
> bringing in every character in Smash in history and tweaking them to the point where we have actual character variety
> while netcode is still kinda ****, online has way more going for it than Smash For ever did

Leffen: Ultimate should've innovated more

...what the **** did I just read.png

D

Deleted member

Smash Ultimate:

> brings back a lot of grassroot mechanics and embraces a lot of Melee-feeling tactics, while also opening up new mechanics
> opens up a lot of stage variety with various options to choose from with it's Battlefield and Omega Forms
> bringing in every character in Smash in history and tweaking them to the point where we have actual character variety
> while netcode is still kinda ****, online has way more going for it than Smash For ever did

Leffen: Ultimate should've innovated more

View attachment 194950
leffen: ultimate should've innovated more
also hjelte: *plays a decade old game*

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I mean, Charizard and Mewtwo are literally up there with Pikachu in the top 3 most iconic pokemon of all time so it makes sense Game Freak would shill them more
you say this like gamefreak don't have a perpetual stiffy for gen 1's most popular pokemon
There's a good chance that's what that supposed leaker was going for.

But like, the Gen 1 pandering only goes so far. We didn't see any of the Gen 1 Pokemon who already megas get any Alolan Forms or Z-moves for instance.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Would it be possible to have starters that aren’t fire/water/grass? Like, could they do something different?
problem is they all compliment each other with resistances/weaknesses and said resistances/weaknesses are inherently easy for children to understand

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's a good chance that's what that supposed leaker was going for.

But like, the Gen 1 pandering only goes so far. We didn't see any of the Gen 1 Pokemon who already megas get any Alolan Forms or Z-moves for instance.
I don't entirely believe it yet, just giving it the benefit of doubt

It's Game Freak. They'll find a way to shill more Gen I

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Would it be possible to have starters that aren’t fire/water/grass? Like, could they do something different?
I feel like Grass, Fire, and Water is the ideal lineup, due to the strength and weaknesses being fairly straight forward for everyone to understand...

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So… this leak was real
Not necessarily. This person could've seen the video earlier than we did and posted the names to make their leak seem real.

And obviously a few people must've seen it, hence Gamexplain putting a picture of Big Ben in the thumbnail of one of their videos. Lately they've been "guessing" what content will be in upcoming Directs, only for their predictions to be strikingly similar to the actual announcements. Anyone else find it odd how Mario Maker was in the thumbnail for their prediction video of the last Nintendo Direct?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom