• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Crazy Prediction Time: The new legendary pokemon will be able to take the forms that resemble an actual sword or shield.

In the enhanced versions of the game, the third legend will actively pick up one of the other legendaries and wield them as if they were actually a sword or shield to powercreep their offense or defense.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also inb4 Let's Go is how they're doing remakes now and sinnoh remake three games down the line is a let's go game

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Grooky - Very meh. Not bad, but nothing I'd lean towards.
Scorbunny - I like it. Very fun.
Sobble - My pick. Seems like it'll turn into some kind of giant chameleon thing.

Honestly not sure I'll get it though. Played through Y and enjoyed it, but then burned out halfway through Moon. I love the collectible nature of Pokemon, but the gameplay doesn't light my world on fire much these days. Sword/Shield looks cool, but feels like one of those games I'd buy just from hype and then never finish...

As for the whole "people don't love the things I love and that makes me bitter" thing: GO FIND PEOPLE THAT LIKE THE THINGS YOU LIKE. Seriously, there are online communities for everything. Case in point, I friggin' love film/TV/game music. My friends and family? Not so much. I often get asked if we can "put on some real music with words" when I try to play it. So I go onto unrelated forums and start arguments because I'm- no wait, I hang out in a community of film score lovers and have conversations about it there :seuss:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Turns out the logos are just straight up the legendary silhouettes. A Pez-dispenser-ass wolf head atop a sword, and another wolf head awkwardly placed on a shield.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I hope there's a location on the Southern tip where Galar and Kalos can taunt each other.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Crazy Prediction Time: The new legendary pokemon will be able to take the forms that resemble an actual sword or shield.

In the enhanced versions of the game, the third legend will actively pick up one of the other legendaries and wield them as if they were actually a sword or shield to powercreep their offense or defense.
And then there's a secret form where it picks up both and becomes the strongest Pokémon ever.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Y'all, I just want to say, if any of you need to talk or vent about anything, my inbox is wide open.
:cheep:

D

Deleted member

I just think it's ironic.
Before Ultimate, people immediately said no to Incineroar because Fire starter.

Now people unironically support hypothetical Fire Futbol Chungus.

Times have changed, and this pleases me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
And then there's a secret form where it picks up both and becomes the strongest Pokémon ever.
You'd think but we still somehow don't have True Kyurem yet so I could see them not doing that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I hope there's a location on the Southern tip where Galar and Kalos can taunt each other.
I want the ancient Kalos War to have been fought against Galar for worldbuilding shenanigans.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Turns out the logos are just straight up the legendary silhouettes. A Pez-dispenser-*** wolf head atop a sword, and another wolf head awkwardly placed on a shield.
Better, make them like :ultgnw:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Dude I think you're a bit too paranoid at the idea of more Pokemon in Smash. It's the biggest franchise in the world, of course they'd want to promote it. That being I don't know if they'll do it nor do I care as we literally only have the starters and I don't see them fighting in Smash as babies
My line of thinking was Nintendo telling themselves, "Sword/Shield doesn't need the promotion because the franchise consistently does well. Let's give the spot to someone else."

And I'm not asking for a specific Pokemon or anything. Obviously none of the three Pokemon we got today would have a decent chance of getting in Smash. I just want to see if other people think a Gen 8 Pokemon could happen.

Pakky

Smash Hero

You were the pioneer bro. Look at your works.

Proud of ya.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

inb4 Grookey's final evo gets in, meaning we get a Grass starter in Smash, but people are upset that it's not Scorbunny's evo

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
The one thing I don't like about S&S is that Galar is literally just a ****ing line
Unova's a circle tbh - though I agree I'd like a more interesting region layout

As long as there are some alternate and branching paths, it should be okay

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

People more readily support what's popular.

Just a penguin

Smash Master

So Aegislash.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Obviously we're going to be getting the mascot of Pokemon Sword as our DLC Pokemon rep. It also doubles as being an FE rep because it has a sword. It's a win-win.

Nah seriously though I'm still not counting on a Gen 8 or Three Houses rep happening.

Pakky

Smash Hero
inb4 Grookey's final evo gets in, meaning we get a Grass starter in Smash, but people are upset that it's not Scorbunny's evo
Grass DK ain't even bad though.

Either way this time around I'm fin with either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My line of thinking was Nintendo telling themselves, "Sword/Shield doesn't need the promotion because the franchise consistently does well. Let's give the spot to someone else."

And I'm not asking for a specific Pokemon or anything. Obviously none of the three Pokemon we got today would have a decent chance of getting in Smash. I just want to see if other people think a Gen 8 Pokemon could happen.
I think a Gen 8 Pokemon has a decent chance, but not a large one tbh

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So my brother saw the trailer and he immediately went to Team Grookey. Once again my starter beats his. Mwuahaha.

D

Deleted member

Also damn, literal minutes after the Direct and we out here with the support threads and DLC talk, Leffen calling the game **** and people picking on Grookey.

I ain't afraid to use this bat.

READY TO ATTACK.png

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also damn, literal minutes after the Direct and we out here with the support threads and DLC talk, Leffen calling the game **** and people picking on Grookey.

I ain't afraid to use this bat.

View attachment 194946
Leffen thinks Castle Siege should be banned so his opinion is irrelevant.

Yes I'm bitter.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
imagine being invited to work on smash ultimate's OST and you're the poor ******* who gets picked to make the find mii medley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom