• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Part of liking something is being in a community of like minded people who also like the thing. And you bond over your shared interest. When people don’t share your joy. You’re just off in the corner alone.
Surely other people here also like your interests.
When you talk in extremes like that ("If they don't talk about my thing, they don't like it- they talk about something else, so they ONLY like that other thing and not my thing!") it tends to be... well, first of all, it's pretty wrong, and second of all, it's more like you're just talking yourself down.

It's okay man, I like superheroes also. I like western animation. I also like anime.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Part of liking something is being in a community of like minded people who also like the thing. And you bond over your shared interest. When people don’t share your joy. You’re just off in the corner alone.
Just because something isn't a multi-media icon doesn't mean it's unpopular. People like what you like, there are places for fans to discuss it.

D

Deleted member

I understand you here, but just because people don’t vocalise it doesn’t mean they’re isn’t a fan base for things you like. Plenty of people like what you like, you just gotta find the right place mate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly in that case the best thing I recommend doing is waiting for general Pokemon excitement to clear up and go "HEY DOES EVERYONE HERE LIKE THING?" and see if people will go "**** yeah I love thing!"

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Maybe it's just me, but this forum is the first time I've ever interacted with a fanbase of any game I like. So it's possible to enjoy something alone, I suppose. I never felt compelled to join any fanbase all my life. I even avoided most of them for a while.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I mean tbf the reason Giorno was/is so disliked is due to the only translation of part V being super ****ty until they made a full , quality translation last year. Plus the anime will change it as DiU was super popular in Japan after the anime despite being seen as Japan's least favourite
True. Giorno wasn't given the fairest of chances. Maybe people will reconsider him when Part 5 is done. Hopefully anyway, but if not, oh well.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah Like when my GF stopped like Hetalia and I still liked it- oh wait, there is still a fandom for the anime they just arent vocal

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

There's your legendary
Slightly off topic:

I hate YouTube thumbnails where they paste a picture of themselves "reacting". It never doesn't look bad. Ever.

D

Deleted member

Dude, not everyone is going to like the same thing as you do. If you can't deal with that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
In general, I find that finding common interests in things you like here to be incredibly easy. I mean, I even found people here that were as into Goemon as I am.

Finding common interest in hating things, anywhere, is kinda brooding and you're just going to have a bad time.

And this goes for pretty much anything.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
View attachment 194934
Anyone else wanna say it?
Guys the writing team person is giving us permission to say the F word
True. Giorno wasn't given the fairest of chances. Maybe people will reconsider him when Part 5 is done. Hopefully anyway, but if not, oh well.
My friends are liking him so far and as I've actually read Vento Aureo, the GOOD translation, I already like how he sticks out from the other Jojos.

No seriously **** that old translation. Remember the "Make a sweet kiss with the pavement" quip Mista made a few episodes ago? That was in the manga but that one translation everyone read had it changed to "hit the ground"

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
And you listed Bugs Bunny, Star Trek, Crash Bandicoot and ****ing DC Comics.

Not exactly unknowns.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Well, if you like something, chances are there are plenty others who do as well. Just because they're not as numerous as the people who like other stuff, doesn't mean they're not there. You just have to look. Hell, before K. Rool got revealed, barely anyone really knew or spoke about him. I had to go to his support thread to really find people who shared the interest in him that I had.

D

Deleted member

My friends are liking him so far and as I've actually read Vento Aureo, the GOOD translation, I already like how he sticks out from the other Jojos.

No seriously **** that old translation. Remember the "Make a sweet kiss with the pavement" quip Mista made a few episodes ago? That was in the manga but that one translation everyone read had it changed to "hit the ground"
Giorno is a good Jojo but I wish it didn't feel like Bruno was the protag. This is Part 3 all over again.
I also love the "I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream" because you'd think people would be exaggerating it but no, he really is just like that.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
now, which of these two characters would most like pineapple on pizza: steve or banjo?

Pakky

Smash Hero
Wait OH

Grookey's hair stick is also its drumming stick!

Does it turn into a club?

Or a Sun Wukong staff that it can grow and retract at will?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Giorno is a good Jojo but I wish it didn't feel like Bruno was the protag. This is Part 3 all over again.
I also love the "I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream" because you'd think people would be exaggerating it but no, he really is just like that.
See I'd agree it was part 3 all over again in that area but Bruno is actually cool

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Ugh. Yeah. It's like the Duwang translations except for some reason not scrutinized the same way they were. I read Vento Aureo with a proper translation too, so I definitely had a better introduction to Giorno than most did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom