• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Other than Crash taking a long *** hiatus how the hell are any of these examples not doing well? Looney Tunes had a rather popular spin and Bugs is getting/has a new show, Star Trek's had movies and shows for a while, with a Netflix exclusive that afaik is still ongoing and DC's been doing great in everything outside of movies
The things I like get shoved off to the sideline and ignored while the popular kids get all the attention every time they fart. The things I like need to be masters of the craft changing the game to get noticed, and the Mouse and the Plumber get 10/10s for mediocrity and little effort.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Shame KOF isn’t at EVO though, but at least we got some SNK in there with SamSho.

At first I thought Sobble was pissing instead of spitting water.
Was an oddly thin stream of water, wasn't it?

D

Deleted member

After I finish my current Derpy Hooves drawing, I'm gonna draw Scorbunny.

I'm thinkin' I'll try my hand at the Kirby's Dream Land 3 artstyle:

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Yo I just rewatched the trailers and saw that Zweilious lives in that region! Not being able to evolve your entire team until the postgame hype!

Okay seriously though I love Hydreigon, but level 64? Really? That region better have some other good dragon-types to choose from.
Ideally they'll pull an XY and have Hydreigon be a rare find again. Either that or that'll make the Champion high leveled again so using one has a better payoff in the end.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
In my experience, they kind of do. Mickey Mouse is more popular than Bugs Bunny. Marvel is more popular than DC. Star Wars is more popular than Star Trek. Mario is more popular than Crash Bandicoot.
Buddy. Listen.

You know what my favorite game ever is? If I had to pick only one? Dragon Age II. It's my favorite RPG and I can sit down and play it and enjoy it any time I want without fail.

A lot of people didn't like that game. It didn't meet sales expectations. They even took the main character out of the starring role for the next game and presumably forever and turned the gritty political small-scope fantasy game I loved into another generic high fantasy "go slay the dragon" game and everyone loved it. I didn't.

But you know what? Dragon Age II didn't go anywhere. It's still mine to play and love. Stop getting caught up on whether or not the thing you like is the majority opinion and just like what you like.

Last edited:

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
Wait I just put two and two together, the new tag for this one is "Forge your path," melmetal and meltan are made of metal, sword and shield, melmatal and meltan were made for the sole purpose of promoting this new game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The things I like get shoved off to the sideline and ignored while the popular kids get all the attention every time they fart. The things I like need to be masters of the craft changing the game to get noticed, and the Mouse and the Plumber get 10/10s for mediocrity and little effort.
I mean in the case of DC that means you're only looking at the movies as the comics are good from what I hear, the tv shows are good, the video games are good, etc.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
All I can say is at this point, you seem to be choosing to be resentful. You're the only one who can change your own outlook on these things. We on a forum thread can't do that.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
No offense, but it's kind of petty to be upset over something you like not being popular. I like Giorno Giovanna, and he's right behind Jonathan as the least popular JoJo, but I don't care because the character is the same regardless. Just like what you like, what does it matter what other people say about it?

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I mean in the case of DC that means you're only looking at the movies as the comics are good from what I hear, the tv shows are good, the video games are good, etc.
DC comics outsell Marvel on average and it's generally agreed that DC makes WAY better animated stuff than Marvel does. They also make far more.

D

Deleted member

In my experience, they kind of do. Mickey Mouse is more popular than Bugs Bunny. Marvel is more popular than DC. Star Wars is more popular than Star Trek. Mario is more popular than Crash Bandicoot.
"Oh no, something is more popular than what I like! Oh the humanity!" Bruh. Come on.
I just need people in my life. But I’m socially awkward and introverted. All of the substance in my life comes from media I like. And all the media I like is constantly under attack from “the cool kids”.
So **** em. Who cares what other people say about the things you like? I've seen games I enjoy a lot come under fire before, but I don't care. You're taking this way too damn seriously.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So if following isn't back they wasted all those man hours in rigging and animating walks and runs for 800+ creatures.

Jesus.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Is this still going on :4ganondorf:

If we could stop talking in terms of absolute binaries then that would be great.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
But those things still all exist.
What the **** are you talking about?

Pakky

Smash Hero
SO I guess this weekend I'm making icons.

I gotta find the time, this is getting serious.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No offense, but it's kind of petty to be upset over something you like not being popular. I like Giorno Giovanna, and he's right behind Jonathan as the least popular JoJo, but I don't care because the character is the same regardless. Just like what you like, what does it matter what other people say about it?
I mean tbf the reason Giorno was/is so disliked is due to the only translation of part V being super ****ty until they made a full , quality translation last year. Plus the anime will change it as DiU was super popular in Japan after the anime despite being seen as Japan's least favourite

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

THIS LOOKS LIKE A GOOD PLACE TO FIND SOME INGREDIENTS!
You could have used Farfetch'd who comes prepackaged with the ingredients and you chose Ducklett.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Part of liking something is being in a community of like minded people who also like the thing. And you bond over your shared interest. When people don’t share your joy. You’re just off in the corner alone.

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
I am quite excited to see more of this game (Pokémon Sword and Shield). As a huge pokémon fan and longtime one at that (since Gen 1 and still loving it!) It’s always good to see new changes. Glad gyms are back but i did like the trial aspect too, let’s see if they mix the gyms in anyway this time.

i do miss the let’s go overworld pokémon mechanic as i loved seeing the pokémon just out and about as you’d expect, but modeling over 800+ monsters would be madness. I DO hope pokémon following you is back again as that would just be amazing!

I like all 3 starters tbh (but it’s always too early to see who i will stick with) but for now Scorbunny for me (tho both Grookey and Sobble i like too and hope we can see unique evos!)

Looking forward to the “other works” in development by game freak!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Part of liking something is being in a community of like minded people who also like the thing. And you bond over your shared interest. When people don’t share your joy. You’re just off in the corner alone.
Don't the stuff you like have their own fandoms?

You can't expect to find think-alikes in a Smash forum if you hate Mario. I wouldn't look for Persona fans in a SMT forum. And such.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom