• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ugh. Yeah. It's like the Duwang translations except for some reason not scrutinized the same way they were. I read Vento Aureo with a proper translation too, so I definitely had a better introduction to Giorno than most did.
Duwang was at the very least, utterly hilarious. Though it was also impressive when it showed signs of improvement around the end

Pakky

Smash Hero
Scorbunny's evolution attacks by kicking fire balls like soccer balls.

Now put that in Smash.

'Kicks everyone off the owl bus'

"This is Monkey bus now, Monkey for Smash."

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Oh, probably been said, but I really want to see:

Final battle vs Champion: Queen Elizabeth expy.

Lol I’d lmao if they added a royal family and the queen ended up being the Champ. Bonus points if it’s Cersei Lannister instead...but then you may not get your mons back...

D

Deleted member

Oh, probably been said, but I really want to see:

Final battle vs Champion: Queen Elizabeth expy.

Lol I’d lmao if they added a royal family and the queen ended up being the Champ. Bonus points if it’s Cersei Lannister instead...but then you may not get your mons back...
Yo, fighting the champion who also happens to be the King or Queen of the region would be dope.

D

Deleted member

See I'd agree it was part 3 all over again in that area but Bruno is actually cool
Oh no, Bruno is great but Giorno has had, like, two fights ever since the other Passione members were introduced. White Album was hype af but he deserves more.

D

Deleted member

I hope Unova is visitable in Gen 8 so you can inform them of what the proper term for football is.
Scorbunny's evolution attacks by kicking fire balls like soccer balls.

Now put that in Smash.
would actually be pretty sick. We need a rabbit in Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Yo, fighting the champion who also happens to be the King or Queen of the region would be dope.
Oh, and the elite 4 could be major figures in the monarchy. A general, prince, etc.

D

Deleted member

Just woke up because I'm stuck in the confines of my snow-ridden house, but hey, new Pokemon games! From what I've seen across social media, somehow and someway, the traction seems even bigger for this game than Let's Go, and that **** was just "GenWunning".

I honestly really like what I've seen and it gives me vibes of Pokemon Coliseum and XD: Gale of Darkness, while still being a core Pokemon mainline game. The trainers look fire, and man, does the region look to be SUPER expansive this time around.

I only hope that Game Freak irons out everything before November 2019 (let's face it, we all know it's gonna come in November). I saw some frame drops and some weird stuff texture wise, and I know Game Freak can get as much juice out of the Switch as possible. Speaking of which, doesn't look like Let's Go, THANK GOD.

Overall, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far and this might as well just be the game I finally get into. Though, I think we all should hope for one thing specifically.
Music. For the love of God, let's hope for some fire tracks.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That would actually be pretty sick. We need a rabbit in Smash.
That's what bunny hood is for.

Just woke up because I'm stuck in the confines of my snow-ridden house, but hey, new Pokemon games! From what I've seen across social media, somehow and someway, the traction seems even bigger for this game than Let's Go, and that **** was just "GenWunning".

I honestly really like what I've seen and it gives me vibes of Pokemon Coliseum and XD: Gale of Darkness, while still being a core Pokemon mainline game. The trainers look fire, and man, does the region look to be SUPER expansive this time around.

I only hope that Game Freak irons out everything before November 2019 (let's face it, we all know it's gonna come in November). I saw some frame drops and some weird stuff texture wise, and I know Game Freak can get as much juice out of the Switch as possible. Speaking of which, doesn't look like Let's Go, THANK GOD.

Overall, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far and this might as well just be the game I finally get into. Though, I think we all should hope for one thing specifically.
Music. For the love of God, let's hope for some fire tracks.
Why are people surprised that it doesn't look like Let's Go?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh gosh it just crossed my mind Scorbunny has a legitimate chance of evolving into a fighting type. Uh-oh.

...In all honesty it's that actually that big of a deal but you know how fanbases like to overreact.
Ideally they'll pull an XY and have Hydreigon be a rare find again. Either that or that'll make the Champion high leveled again so using one has a better payoff in the end.
Pfft you say that first thing as if I'm not going to actively seek out the coolest dragon type in the region and shoehorn it into my team regardless of composition.

XY had Tyrantrum, Noivern and Zard X and BW had Haxorus so it was all cool though.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
All these ideas for Scorbunny kicking flaming fireballs just reminds me of this...especially fitting considering what song was used in the Detective Pikachu trailer yesterday.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Pokemon Sword and Shield look great as Pokemon games always do but I've been holding out for them to get off of their insistence on Linear gameplay. This game doesn't look like it does that. Still looks like it's little paths that lead straight from one major plot point to the next.

Feel like Game Freak needs to spread their wings a little bit. Every Pokemon game is always linear, path based, gameplay and I dunno, I'd like to see 'em shake it up. Next time maybe.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pokemon Sword and Shield look great as Pokemon games always do but I've been holding out for them to get off of their insistence on Linear gameplay. This game doesn't look like it does that. Still looks like it's little paths that lead straight from one major plot point to the next.

Feel like Game Freak needs to spread their wings a little bit. Every Pokemon game is always linear, path based, gameplay and I dunno, I'd like to see 'em shake it up. Next time maybe.
I admit, i wish the regions were bigger and more explorable. But I love new monsters so i'm getting it lol

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So what's the consensus on the odds of a Gen 8 Pokemon getting in as DLC? Too late, or is Nintendo having Sakurai pull a Greninja again by having him look at development notes?

I think it's possible if this Pokemon is one of the last two DLC characters. Although, I think a better question for us to ask is if Nintendo cares enough about promoting Pokemon. Lord knows Sword/Shield will sell regardless.

D

Deleted member

Anyway I wasn't a huge fan of Sun and Moon for a variety of reasons, but I liked it more than most did and I'm optimistic that GF will spruce up the formula a bit with the jump to a home console.
Also Grookey's got me picking the grass starter 2 generations in a row.

D

Deleted member

The one thing I don't like about S&S is that Galar is literally just a ****ing line

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So what's the consensus on the odds of a Gen 8 Pokemon getting in as DLC? Too late, or is Nintendo having Sakurai pull a Greninja again by having him look at development notes?

I think it's possible if this Pokemon is one of the last two DLC characters. Although, I think a better question for us to ask is if Nintendo cares enough about promoting Pokemon. Lord knows Sword/Shield will sell regardless.
Dude I think you're a bit too paranoid at the idea of more Pokemon in Smash. It's the biggest franchise in the world, of course they'd want to promote it. That being I don't know if they'll do it nor do I care as we literally only have the starters and I don't see them fighting in Smash as babies

D

Deleted member

But weren't they keep saying it won't be like Let's Go because it's its own thing? I can't help but feel like people were being too wary for not much reason.
Best to keep your expectations low I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom