• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Everyone overestimates Level 9 CPUs in Ultimate, they are quite easy to defeat for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
:ultincineroar: My starter in Sun and Moon. I think he's radical in this game, and he matches nicely with my preferred playstyle. Taunting after every attack is great too.
:ultinkling: ****ing adore Splatoon, though I rely too much on rollers.
:ultisabelle: She cute.
:ultkrool: GANGPLANK GALLEON. THAT'S IT. Seriously, he's fun to play.
:ultcorrinf: My main in Smash 4, and the only FE character i'm good with.
:ultpokemontrainerf: Charizard was my other main from Smash 4, along with two new friends!
:ultpiranha: P L A N T G A N G

R O F L

Smash Ace
All Cloud players just use the same exact Advent Children alt and do the same exact stuff that it's hard for me to believe there's more than 1 actual Cloud player out there and the rest aren't just his alternate accounts and other Switches.
At least I do something different.

I use a different alt :4pacman:
The red and brown non-AC alts. I don't like AC very much.

Everyone overestimates Level 9 CPUs in Ultimate, they are quite easy to defeat for me.
Have people considered them harder to defeat?
I always though people just said they're smarter, cheat less, and play more like real players.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, funny story. When Joker was announced I tried to watch a Let's Play of Persona 5 so I could get into it. It wasn't working though, so I decided to buy the game. That is until I found another Let's Play last night, and now i'm actually kinda getting into it.

What changed, you may ask? The stupidest thing. The new one had no commentary.

Guess that's less strain on my wallet!....Unless they come out with a Switch port....

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The move I look at Mario Maker 2, the more I see how incomplete Mario Maker 1 was. Like, it was a full game, but for a Mario level creator game, it just felt kinda bare with what you could make and what was available. Plus, it just stopped getting support out of nowhere, so it just felt like an anti-climatic end, especially with the missing costumes that aren't in the game.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
"Octolings would be easy echos of Inklings" - People who fail to see how much potential is left with another Splatoon character
Yeah, with Inklings being so based on Splatoon 1 that when they modeled a Splatoon 2 Inkling costume they didn't give it to them, it's clear that someone has to bring the S2 weapons to Smash.

D

Deleted member

:ultike:: Considering him to be my solo main, simply because he is the best with online. I also carried him from Smash 4, and he is just super fun to play.

:ultincineroar:: My original starter in SM! Also super fun playstyle.

:ultsnake:: Don't get me wrong, the Belmonts are fun, but Snake is more crafty and fun.

:ultridley:: I also do really good with him online, and his down b is wack. Ridley is also a great edgeguard, did you notice.

For :ultshulk::ultpalutena::ultpichu::ultdaisy::ultsimon::ultganondorf::ultlink::ultzelda::ultlucina::ultyounglink::ultkirby::ultpiranha::ultwolf::ultwario::ultpokemontrainerf:, well they are more fun than the rest of my roster, but not my mains. Probably secondaries? I am considering making Wolf a main though.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Aight fellas, got a question for you guys on the boards.
Who do you main, and why? I'll do mine as an example.

:ultkirby: - One of my favorite Nintendo characters, and he has a fun playstyle that I enjoy. Kirby is honestly one of my favorite video game franchises as well.
:ultyounglink: - Another one of my favorites. He's my favorite Link iteration as well. I also voice him in a machinima, and when you voice a character, even not officially, ya grow a liking to them.
:ultwario: - Another one of my favorites. He playstyle is very fun and wacky, and just seeing him move is entertaining! He is also my Wahfu. Charles Martine also did an amazing job with his voice.
:ultpalutena: - Palutena is what got me into Kid Icarus. She just seemed like such a fun character! After I played Kid Icarus, I enjoyed the character even more. I kinda just kept playing her until I got good at her. She's very fun to play as well, and her voice over performance is outstanding.
:ultisabelle: - ACNL was my very first Nintendo game, and after I played that game, I've been hooked on Nintendo ever since. (Yes I know I am late.) She is also wholesome and I would die for her. She's also just my favorite character in any form of media, period.

So basically I kinda just go with characters I like the most. and when one I like even more gets announced, I play them until I get good at em'.
Haven't played Ultimate, yet, so these are my mains, up to Smash 4...

:ultpikachu: Pokemon is one of my all time favorite franchises, and Pikachu's play style just fits for me
:ultzelda: Has a fun moveset, and is the only Zelda character that I'm actually good wth...
:ultsonic: My go-to troll character... If I'm in the mood to mess with my opponent, I use Sonic. Very effective if I'm playing Brawl, where I have access to "You're too Slow!"
:ultpacman: Was my most wanted character, during Smash 4's release. Like Sonic, he's an excellent troll character
:ultgreninja: My starter from X & Y, which is still my favorite Pokemon game, to this day. It also helps that he's very fun to use in Smash.
:ultrosalina: I used to have a pretty big crush on Rosalina, so I have a fairly strong attachment to her. Doesn't hurt that her puppet fighter mechanic with Luma is a blast to use
:ultcorrinf: The only character on this list I don't mainly use, because I simply enjoy their franchise. I've never played Fates, or any Fire Emblem game, for that matter, but man, Corrin's is so fun to use in Smash! Every special is fun to pull off, and just has a very fun moveset... Oh, and Female Corrin is best Waifu

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

:ultkirby: - One of my favorite Nintendo characters, and he has a fun playstyle that I enjoy. Kirby is honestly one of my favorite video game franchises as well.
:ultyounglink: - Another one of my favorites. He's my favorite Link iteration as well. I also voice him in a machinima, and when you voice a character, even not officially, ya grow a liking to them.
:ultwario: - Another one of my favorites. He playstyle is very fun and wacky, and just seeing him move is entertaining! He is also my Wahfu. Charles Martine also did an amazing job with his voice.
:ultpalutena: - Palutena is what got me into Kid Icarus. She just seemed like such a fun character! After I played Kid Icarus, I enjoyed the character even more. I kinda just kept playing her until I got good at her. She's very fun to play as well, and her voice over performance is outstanding.
:ultisabelle: - ACNL was my very first Nintendo game, and after I played that game, I've been hooked on Nintendo ever since. (Yes I know I am late.) She is also wholesome and I would die for her. She's also just my favorite character in any form of media, period.

So basically I kinda just go with characters I like the most. and when one I like even more gets announced, I play them until I get good at em'.
:ultcloud: - Despite being believed by NO ONE irl, because I like the character, and the game from which he originates. Anyone on here who remembers me being all grins amid the chaos and grumbling of his reveal can attest to that. :p
:ultmarth: - You dance with the one who brung ya, even when like eighty-five other thots up and take his moves. I stay true to my original girl.
:ultness: - 25% PK Fire, 25% OH-KAY, 25% Earthbound <3, 25% character proficiency
:ultdiddy: - At this point basically just childhood related reasons, since I've got progressively worse with him since Brawl. :/
:ultinkling: - Came for the character, stayed for the moveset dont be gross
:ultpeach: - LALALA LA LA LAH / Oh, did I win?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

:ultdarksamus: - The character I've been hoping for since her debut in 2004's Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Gave up hope after Smash 4. By some astronomical miracle, it finally happened after 14 years. On top of that, I just love how the character plays, as the changes to Samus in Ultimate are subtle, but feel so much better. Even if she doesn't have a unique moveset, the presentation is good enough that I'll never stop maining her. In fact, since Samus was my tertiary in Smash 4, I was already well-trained for her when Ultimate arrived, so I easily perform better with Dark Samus than any other character on the roster.
:ultridley: - Though I was satisfied with just the announcement of Ridley. The Meta Ridley alt costume was a huge bonus, too. Compared to all the other characters I play, Ridley's much more straightforward, so he's a relative breath of fresh air to me. Very fun to play, and I get more of that Metroid hype.
:ultrob: - My main since Brawl. The character I didn't know I wanted, but the one I needed in the absence of any other character on the roster that I had any significant emotional attachment to. I actually own a R.O.B. in real life and have played Gyromite with it, and it's more fun than people give it credit for. Was really worried about him getting cut in both Smash 4 and Ultimate. Even though my Metroid characters have taken the spotlight, I'll never abandon my buddy. And, in my first time beating World of Light, fighting the final boss after Dark Samus and Ridley had been KO'd, R.O.B. was the one who came in and saved the world.
:ultkingdedede: - My secondary in Smash 4, who unfortunately doesn't seem to have received significant improvements in Ultimate. But he's still a lot of fun to play, and the subtle improvements he did get feel great. It also allows me to exercise my Kirby love, since I don't enjoy playing Kirby all too much, but Dedede is perfect. While it is unfortunate that his Final Smash isn't Buff Dedede from Star Allies, Masked Dedede is still a great choice.

I play several other characters as well, but those are my main four that I play most consistently.

D

Deleted member

All Cloud players just use the same exact Advent Children alt and do the same exact stuff that it's hard for me to believe there's more than 1 actual Cloud player out there and the rest aren't just his alternate accounts and other Switches.
um excuse you actually, i use the purple advent children alt because im different and cool

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'll have you know, that I use the red FFVII alt...

Imo, the Advent Children alt makes him look too much like an emo edgelord...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The hivemind is coming. Prepare for assimilation.

D

Deleted member

:ultcorrinf: My main in Smash 4, and the only FE character i'm good with.
:ultpokemontrainerf: Charizard was my other main from Smash 4, along with two new friends!
i sense a running theme of a certain kind of fictional animal

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Who do you main, and why?
So, in Ultimate...

:ultrob: because robots are cool, I like being able to do some zoning (without being *too* zoney, he’s more of a hybrid), and I like playing niche characters that you’re less likely to see other players use online. (Similarly, I play Chibi-Robo in SSF2, who is also a really niche character you hardly ever see online.)

:ultswordfighter: Aside from Miis in general being the perpetual underdogs, my own Mii has been a part of my gaming life for a very long time, so finally getting to fight people online as him is pretty cool. Plus, the buffs from Smash 4 to Ultimate make Swordfighter much more fun to play as. For all of the Miis, I also just really like customization options in general, too.

I’ve played as Kirby often in the past but haven’t played as him as much in Ultimate.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
To answer the question on who I main and why:

:ultduckhunt:: Smash 4 main and the only character I managed to get Elite Smash with.

:ultdaisy:: Ever since I played Mario Strikers Charged against an acquaintance, I found Daisy to be a fun character.

Typing this was a lot harder than it needed to be (and not because of mains)

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon

Still haven't played Ultimate. Saved up enough but don't plan on getting the Switch just yet.

:ultlucina: - Been my main since day one. Even before she started getting buffs through patches. The funnest character I had a blast with and pretty much my best character in the entirety of Smash 4. Could easily see me playing her, especially hearing she's much better in Ultimate.
:ultryu: - The second funnest character I played in Smash 4 and I loved the competitive players that mained Ryu. One of the factors that inspired me to play Ryu was actually a Ryu ditto that happened years ago but still hype today! Heard he got some changes in Ultimate so I guess I'll have to choose between either him or Ken depending how they turn out. True Shoryuken is hype af.
:ultlink: - The Legend of Zelda is my second favorite Nintendo series and this version of Link was my very first Smash character since Melee. I had satisfying moments with him on Smash 4 online and I like his new bombs.
:ultzss: - I had fun playing as her but didn't play as much as the three above. Maybe that'll change in Ultimate for sure but I like her playstyle well enough.
:ultyoshi: - I've been thinking about picking up Yoshi after ignoring him in Brawl and Smash 4. Yoshi's one of my favorite Nintendo characters and I basically just miss being a fan. Yoshi's Story is my favorite yoshi game!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You clearly have not played Pokemon HGSS, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black 2 nor White 2. That is your opinion and I respect it, but I disagree.
I've played HGSS,

They're good games, I just don't quite understand the hype, surrounding them

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Who do you main, and why?
I should probably update my specific main here on the boards, cause it isn't Yink anymore. Anyways... the major reason I main a character is because I like them. Not because their top tier or some **** like that. There's no real exception- all of the characters are fun in their own rights but playing as a favorite is truly what makes playing Smash actually fun.

Primaries: :ultlucas::ultyounglink::ultlucario::ultpichu:
These are the guys I'll play as against other people if winning matters a little more than usual. I play them better than everyone else.

Secondaries: :ultpiranha::ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultisabelle::ultkirby::ultcloud::ultrichter::ultpokemontrainerf::ultmario:
Secondaries are similar to primaries but with less priority. Still learning Pkmn Trainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom