• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
day idk on a new hard server i made:

i must've had a damn good spawn point because im next to three gigantic independent cave systems within a minute of running distance between all three

Untitled.png

the forest area has a good quality supply of oak wood that i can farm the **** out of, and i got saplings ready to plant whenever i get a farm system up

my plan is to mine however much i can, and then go past the desert to see if i can find a village to begin the trading sequence, because past the forest area is the whole underwater region, and i'd rather tackle the forest stuff before the underwater expansion

D

Deleted member

as someone who's only a casual sw fan

TFA was great
Rouge One was pretty good too
TLJ was... eh
I regret paying money to see Solo in theaters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Aight fellas, got a question for you guys on the boards.
Who do you main, and why? I'll do mine as an example.

:ultkirby: - One of my favorite Nintendo characters, and he has a fun playstyle that I enjoy. Kirby is honestly one of my favorite video game franchises as well.
:ultyounglink: - Another one of my favorites. He's my favorite Link iteration as well. I also voice him in a machinima, and when you voice a character, even not officially, ya grow a liking to them.
:ultwario: - Another one of my favorites. He playstyle is very fun and wacky, and just seeing him move is entertaining! He is also my Wahfu. Charles Martine also did an amazing job with his voice.
:ultpalutena: - Palutena is what got me into Kid Icarus. She just seemed like such a fun character! After I played Kid Icarus, I enjoyed the character even more. I kinda just kept playing her until I got good at her. She's very fun to play as well, and her voice over performance is outstanding.
:ultisabelle: - ACNL was my very first Nintendo game, and after I played that game, I've been hooked on Nintendo ever since. (Yes I know I am late.) She is also wholesome and I would die for her. She's also just my favorite character in any form of media, period.

So basically I kinda just go with characters I like the most. and when one I like even more gets announced, I play them until I get good at em'.
I haven't unlocked every fighter in Ultimate yet, but here's who I've picked up as mains so far:

:ultkingdedede:: As if my profile to the left didn't make it obvious, I've been a big Dedede player in the past few Smash games and that hasn't changed here. I first found out about the character through Melee (my first Smash game) and after taking a good look at the character and reading information about him through his trophy, I wanted to see him (along with Meta Knight) playable in another Smash game like this one. My wish was granted when Brawl came along. He seemed like a fun character just by looking at him, and the supporting role and humor he provided in the SSE won me over. I gained a further appreciation for his character through the SSE, as well as the Kirby anime and a few Kirby games I would later get, having gained a great interest in playing some Kirby games for myself. Dedede's been one of my favorite Nintendo characters for a long time now, and my loyalty to the king hasn't disappeared even after Smash 4 nerfed him into the ground. He's doing much better in Ultimate so far, and I have every intention to keep playing him. No matter how well he holds up against the rest of the roster, Dedede's moveset just makes him too much fun to play as to give up, and his personality only adds to that fun.

:ultjigglypuff:: I took an immediate liking to Jigglypuff in Melee after unlocking her, she was adorable yet highly dangerous. I've had lots of fun playing her throughout the Smash series thanks to both that, and her mastery of air combat. Plus, I have a lot of good memories of kicking butt as the puff during Brawl's days, believe it or not. A few of my friends even actually seemed afraid of my Jigglypuff to some extent, lol. I still haven't dropped her in Ultimate, where she too seems to have gotten some much-needed improvements after her appearance in Smash 4. I've liked Jigglypuff for so long, she's another character I just can't bring myself to stop playing, even if she was considered the worst of the bunch once more.

:ultkrool:: K. Rool was yet another character I took great interest in after Melee introduced me to the character through a trophy (noticing a pattern, here? Heheh). My interest in him increased through the years thanks to Brawl revealing more about him and his kremling crew, as well as my increasing activity on the internet leading me to find out even more about the character and the DKC games. His boss fights always stood out to me as both challenging and immensely creative, especially the Kaptain K. Rool fight in DKC 2. Altogether I just thought the character was a really well designed and enjoyable villain, and I've long thought he deserved to be playable in a Smash game. Finally, Ultimate made that idea into a reality, and I couldn't imagine his moveset being any better than it is; I always imagined K. Rool would be an extremely fun character to play with all the resources he's taken from in the DK games, and the wait was well worth it since his moveset is both highly faithful to the character, and is well designed; I find that the character is really fun to play as, and that he's also an effective one if you really know what you're doing.

:ultisabelle:: I like AC, I like Isabelle's adorable character. Once Smash 4's DLC was done and over with, I can say I would've been happy to see Isabelle join the roster of the next Smash game, whenever it came to be. I'm not disappointed. Isabelle is fun to play, and by virtue of being one of my most wanted alone, I planned on playing her quite a bit no matter what.

:ultbowser:: Bowser has been one of my favorite villains since my introduction to him, and there's just some really empowering feeling I get when I paly this badass monster king. I've been playing him a lot since Melee, but he's been getting gradually better in every game since, and as of Smash 4 and Ultimate, I'm enjoying playing as him more than ever. They've really done the koopa king justice, as far as I'm concerned.

Among others I also plan to include :ultmewtwo: and :ulttoonlink: in my mains lineup once I've unlocked them. Mewtwo's always fascinated me and because the improvements he's received since Melee have made him into both a more viable and a more fun fighter, and he'd probably be my go-to if I ever went competitive. As for Toon Link, well, besides the fact that I've just thought he's the more enjoyable Link to play for the past few Smash games, the Wind Waker is my favorite video game, period; so it should be no surprise that I have an attachment to him. That itself is a story for another day, but it's certainly one of the main reasons why the little hero's one of my planned mains, and has already been one of my general Smash mains for a long time, now.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Star Wars is weird in that the best and worst parts of the series are in the extended universe. Well, I think the newer EU stuff has mostly been pretty good, though I think the recent TV shows (especially Rebels) were overrated.

But everything I've seen involving Darth Vader in the comics the past few years have been excellent.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Star Wars is weird in that the best and worst parts of the series are in the extended universe. Well, I think the newer EU stuff has mostly been pretty good, though I think the recent TV shows (especially Rebels) were overrated.

But everything I've seen involving Darth Vader in the comics the past few years have been excellent.
Don't forget this.

D

Deleted member

Jeez, was Solo that bad? Unlike Last Jedi, I think everyone agreed that it was bad.

Rogue One was dope though.
It's the kind of movie you forget about until you're bored and hanging out with family/friends at like 11 pm so you decide to torrent it and watch it with them but then you fall asleep halfway through because you are not vested in the movie at all

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
its been out for two months how the ****
Has it not occurred to you that I might not have had it for those whole two months?

Or that I haven't played it on every single day that I've owned it?

If I posted that on reddit I would of succeeded.
It's a damn good thing you didn't, then. :V

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom