• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
as someone who's only a casual sw fan

TFA was great
Rouge One was pretty good too
TLJ was... eh
I regret paying money to see Solo in theaters
Pretty much my thoughts. I don't exactly regret paying money to see TLJ & Solo in theaters but I also don't see the point in those movies existing as they didn't add much of anything to the narrative.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Sakurai is the very definition of a Smashboards user.

Loves: Fire Emblem
Hates: Taxes

It's ridiculous just how many people here mimic him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Evidence?
I found an interesting famitsu column by Sakurai revolving around Star Wars http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/12/24/people-are-free-to-criticize-but-dont-lose-faith/
"I honestly dislike Episode VI’s long-winded pacing and how easily the Empire Stormtroopers fall to the Ewoks. I think that the re-releases are redundant and superfluous."
I agree. I do not hate RoTJ, but these are exactly my complaints about RoTJ.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai is the very definition of a Smashboards user.

Loves: Fire Emblem

It's ridiculous just how many people here mimic him.
Sakurai could be anyone of us. He could be standing right behind you, and you would never know.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I thought Solo was pretty good. It didn't do anything to really push Star Wars or anything. It was just a pretty fun, but very safe, movie. I'd say it was a 7 or 8/10.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Biggest issue with Solo is its ending leaves a giant cliffhanger, but like... it's a cliffhanger that's currently dozens of years before the current timeline, where most of the characters in the film are old and/or dead. So like, there doesn't feel like any payoff of the cliffhanger.

D

Deleted member

My thoughts on the current Star Wars stuff.

TFA: Great!
Rogue One: Liked it!
TLJ: Okay.
Solo: Okay.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I thought this was leading to a TF2 Spy reference but you ended up leaving me disappointed.
Fun fact! This May, the Meet the Spy video will be ten years old.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I found an interesting famitsu column by Sakurai revolving around Star Wars http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/12/24/people-are-free-to-criticize-but-dont-lose-faith/
Thanks for sharing that, I hadn't seen it before.

"Making something, and completing it is a huge undertaking, and there are a lot of places where fans can’t see. It’s like building a house, but people focus on a single painting that’s hung up on a wall in one room, and fixate on it, and keep listing off their complaints of that painting. These situations are very common."

This is something that resonates with me very well. I always try to evaluate a piece of work holistically rather than just focusing on one or a few aspects and forming a whole opinion around that. It's why I still love Brawl even right now and love to go back and play it occasionally. People focus solely on the speed of the game and the tripping, which unfairly leaves out all the other amazing features and content in the game that in some ways still surpass even Ultimate. Of course, most of the people who are critical of Brawl are the people who are competitive and don't like how poor the game is in that aspect. Which is fine to criticize, but rather than just say "The game isn't very good for competitive players, but has value in other areas," it boils down to "Brawl sucks lol."

It's why I also try to research the reasons behind certain circumstances and decisions regarding a piece of media before I jump to opinionated conclusions. I try to get as much behind-the-scenes info as I can so that I can form my opinions based on that context. Because a lot of people will make up their own behind the scenes story with no basis and speak it as fact, and thus spread misinformation and slander.

For example, people have a lot of opinionated feelings about the Halo series, without knowing the behind-the-scenes situations of the different games. I've spent an unhealthy amount of time reading and viewing info about that stuff. Though the most controversial era of the series, particularly the Halo 5 era, is still quite dark in that we don't know a lot about what happened with that game, since it's so recent.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ahhhh, so like... remember when I said I got rejected for a job yesterday? Well another company put up a for hiring sign- they were setting up in the mall for ages now. They're a S.T.E.M. educational center and I would looove to help kids with STEM education!

So, I called them and I'm coming in tomorrow to talk about it ~
I got the job :warioc:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Aight fellas, got a question for you guys on the boards.
Who do you main, and why? I'll do mine as an example.

:ultkirby: - One of my favorite Nintendo characters, and he has a fun playstyle that I enjoy. Kirby is honestly one of my favorite video game franchises as well.
:ultyounglink: - Another one of my favorites. He's my favorite Link iteration as well. I also voice him in a machinima, and when you voice a character, even not officially, ya grow a liking to them.
:ultwario: - Another one of my favorites. He playstyle is very fun and wacky, and just seeing him move is entertaining! He is also my Wahfu. Charles Martine also did an amazing job with his voice.
:ultpalutena: - Palutena is what got me into Kid Icarus. She just seemed like such a fun character! After I played Kid Icarus, I enjoyed the character even more. I kinda just kept playing her until I got good at her. She's very fun to play as well, and her voice over performance is outstanding.
:ultisabelle: - ACNL was my very first Nintendo game, and after I played that game, I've been hooked on Nintendo ever since. (Yes I know I am late.) She is also wholesome and I would die for her. She's also just my favorite character in any form of media, period.

So basically I kinda just go with characters I like the most. and when one I like even more gets announced, I play them until I get good at em'.

:ultpit:- Let's just say I've had about 10 years of passion for having him as my main, ever since the beginning of Brawl (well, even the first Brawl trailer got me interested in him), and that bond is still going strong. His personality, versatility, how precious he is, and well, I just adore him lots. While he was underwhelming and inconsistent in Smash 4 (Palu was my number 1 main at the time), the buffs given to him in Ultimate definitely made me happy. It's also to note that Uprising made me like Pit a lot more. So yea, strong bond with this precious boy, still kickin'.

:ultbowser:- Before Pit, Bowser was there, especially as one of my childhood favorites. I can't really just let him go easily for some reason, with the exception of Smash 4 post-patch, where he got boring to use. Regardless, he's still there for me when needed.

:ultincineroar:- It's strange that I did like him in Pokemon as time went by, and Litten was my choice. When that reveal trailer happened, it turned out he was technical, but not overly complicated, simple enough for my brain to manage, and he's pretty fun with different ways to play... kinda. It's ironic because I do hate grab spam despite Incineroar being a grapple character, but thank goodness for me that I can cope well with his aerials, which are surprisingly amazing.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Fun fact! This May, the Meet the Spy video will be ten years old.

Has that much time really passed since it released?

It...came out all the way back in 2009. Meanwhile TF2 itself is a 2007 game....

...Uh, well, at least Meet the Pyro still has about three more years to go until it's 10th Anniversary....

D

Deleted member

It apparently is half teaching kids and half straight up developing software, and eventually teaching adults, and a whole bunch of other initiatives

Needless to say this was way better than I thought it was
lol im happy for you and i hope you enjoy your new job nerd

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Disney tried to bank on Star Wars and make it as large as the MCU (which ended up becoming bigger)

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Aight fellas, got a question for you guys on the boards.
Who do you main, and why? I'll do mine as an example.
oooooh, fun times

Here is my current depth chart:

1: Ness :ultness: I love Ness in Ultimate! I have played Earthbound (unfinished, unfortunately), and his character is quite unique. I love the sick, flashy combos you can pull off with the character, and he's been an underdog for a while. He's not a consistently viable character like Pikachu, Fox, or Wolf. His design is overall incredible and he's one of the most likable character. He's also quite easy to pick up...aside from his recovery, but it's much easier to handle in Ultimate than in any other game, and Ness is the one character I'm somewhat consistent with in Smash Ultimate. I love Ness, he just clicks with me. I have impeccable chemistry with him.

2: Mario :ultmario: One of my favorite video game characters ever. He's a semi-fast, combo-heavy character which is an archetype that jives with me well. Mario's also been in my life since I was 5 years old, so there's a lot of child memories here. I'm also a bit of a character loyalist to Mario. I dabble with him in the original, he's my 2nd favorite in Melee, I use him in doubles in PM, he's my #1 main in Smash 4, and heck I even use him in Brawl from time to time, even though he's bad in Brawl.

3: Wolf :ultwolf:He's very cool, and I'm glad to see him back. He's also an easy spacie to pick up, as Fox and Falco are harder to be consistent with in Ultimate. Wolf is also one of the best characters in Ultimate which helps, but he's not 3rd because he's potentially the best character in the cast. I use him because he's fun.

4: Bayonetta :ultbayonetta: After Smash 4's meta developed enough, I grew to dislike Bayonetta and get frustrated with her combos. But nowadays...she's one of the most fun characters to use and is much more balanced. She may be seen as a mid-tier, but I still love her to death in Ultimate and she's very fun to play as. I also love watching her in tournament now, which is a 180 from Smash 4 since I hated watching her in Smash 4. Her character/personality is also top tier.

5: Pichu :ultpichu: Been loyal to Pichu since Melee. He's adorable and super fun to use! While I don't use him in singles or free for all as much, he is an EXCELLENT doubles character. I primarily use Pichu in doubles because of his fast, high octane moveset. And even though he's actually great in this game and is no longer a joke character, it's still fun to wreck with Pichu. Plus, my Pichu loyalty has grown since ESAM has been overrating Pikachu since...the beginning. I'm over it; Pichu deserves recognition.

6: King K. Rool :ultkrool:I just like messing around with K Rool, and I've been waiting for him to be in a Smash game since Brawl released, and here he is! Hard to use sometimes since he's a big target and has glaring flaws, but he's very fun and feels rewarding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom