• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Half the time I come here, I end up reminiscing and sometimes feel like an old man during the process.

...I have no right feeling so old. I'm only 21, damn it.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Yo KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms Noipoi Noipoi @ShinyLegendary

I'm on my way to go see my local cinema and watch HtTYD3 today! Words alone can't describe how happy and excited I am right now.

I was 12 years old when I saw the first HTtYD on movie theaters. 16 years old when I saw the sequel. 18 when I started watching the tv show on Netflix but I binge watched each time a new season dropped!

Now here I am, 21 years old. About to see the last movie of one of my most favorite franchises. I can't wait!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Alright, I saw Star Wars talk and I'm gonna rank the movies from my favorite to least favorite:

1. Empire Strikes Back (my favorite movie of all time, too)
2. A New Hope (3rd favorite movie of all time)

3. Return of the Jedi (it's good but not...top tier)
4. Force Awakens (Same storyline skeleton as A New Hope, but the character development and acting is top notch)
5. Solo (Good background story, but not necessary to watch)

6. Revenge of the Sith (does a ton of things right, but a couple major flaws hold it back for me)
7. Last Jedi (most conflicted feelings about this one. Used to love it; on re-watch half of me loves Last Jedi while half of me hates it)

8. Rogue One (2nd half is decent. First half is a SLOG. And the characters you can't relate to due to the 1.) half-lazy acting, and 2.) it's not necessary to get attached to them since spoiler spoiler things happen)
9. Phantom Menace (Without Qui Gon and Obi Wan vs. Maul, this would be at the bottom)
10. Attack of the Clones (I don't like sand...it's rough, coarse, irritating...and it gets everywhere! Wow, what wonderful flirting skills you have, Anakin. 10/10 casanova of the year /s. Ah well, a couple of the actors are good in it, and it does set up the Clone Wars well...but it misses on a lot of other points.)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Some of my coworkers are playing Smash in the breakroom but I'm far too shy to ask to join them.

Curse my anxiety!

D

Deleted member

Yo KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms Noipoi Noipoi @ShinyLegendary

I'm on my way to go see my local cinema and watch HtTYD3 today! Words alone can't describe how happy and excited I am right now.

I was 12 years old when I saw the first HTtYD on movie theaters. 16 years old when I saw the sequel. 18 when I started watching the tv show on Netflix but I binge watched each time a new season dropped!

Now here I am, 21 years old. About to see the last movie of one of my most favorite franchises. I can't wait!
YESSSS, ENJOY!!!
I loved it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Plant Gang getting ready to take over the world
B56E7F8F-8961-4EB3-B675-B099EE0AC458.jpeg
D29EA9AB-B5DF-4E06-AFFC-B83E7A7C5100.jpeg

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That awkward moment when you don't know anything Star Wars related aside from the pop culture stuff.

Truthfully, I was never able to get in to that. Nor do I want to now.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Some of my coworkers are playing Smash in the breakroom but I'm far too shy to ask to join them.

Curse my anxiety!
I would just ask to play. Unless said people were *****, I see no reason not to.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
my bird decided to congratulate me by yanking really hard on an earring in a piercing that is still healing

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
K I'm just thinking out loud here, but if it's canon that Kid Icarus is just a game, in the canon, do they just look like their models?

Roberk

Smash Champion
I thought Solo was pretty good. It didn't do anything to really push Star Wars or anything. It was just a pretty fun, but very safe, movie. I'd say it was a 7 or 8/10.
Exactly, while it wasn't this epic that we are used to, it was still fun with a lot of cool moments. People overexaggerate Solo "being bad", at the end of the day I was still entertained.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
people still think melee is the best smash game LOL have fun not playing as a piranha plant

this is a joke btw i respect melee players
You may respect Melee players, but Salem doesn’t
K I'm just thinking out loud here, but if it's canon that Kid Icarus is just a game, in the canon, do they just look like their models?
Well...yeah...redesigns and everything stays the same. Plus, everything is a game to them (except Ridley)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, I'm curious, out of the Currently Represented Franchises in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, what are you most disappointed by not being represented or being underrepresented in your opinion...this is not counting Fighters, just Stages, Songs, Spirits, etc.
:ultmario:: Bowsette No Songs from Super Mario RPG..even if I always think of it when hearing King Bowser considering I first heard it in RPG.
:ultdk:: Very few DKC2 Songs despite having such as an Awesome OST..too many remixes of the same exact song..
:ultlink:: No Hyrule Castle or Lorule Castle Songs
:ultyoshi:: No Baby Bowser Battle (Yoshi's Island) Song
:ultwario:: No Music or Stages from Wario Land or Wario World (that one Shake It song doesn't count to me since its just a remix of a WarioWare song..)
:ultsnake:: No Old Snake or Naked Snake costumes
:ultsonic:: Not more Sonic Mania music (particularly Mirage Saloon Zone Act 2)
:ultmegaman:: No MegaMan Battle Network music, the MM Zero song is just a remix of Zero's MMX1 theme and not an original MMZ song (like Departure~)
:ultryu:: Any Music from a non-SFII entry..I'd have loved some SFIII and Alpha songs (like Sakura's theme)
:ultcloud:: The Entire Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series..
I have certain gripes yes.

:ultmario:: Not having Toad playable, despite him being a major Nintendo character. And choosing Piranha Plant over him instead.
:ultdk:: Not having Dixie is a first, there's no real excuse. I also dislike the fact there's no DKC2 music, or stage, and there's no new stage based on Tropical Freeze either. Tropical Freeze literally gets zero attention despite being the most PHENOMINAL platformer game I ever played, and others agree because it's very well critically acclaimed. Did I also say no Dixie?
:ultlink:: Hyrule / Ganon's Castle would be a great stage indeed. And I would've loved Impa as a newcomer, even if she was just a mere Sheik Echo.
:ultmarth:: I would have loved to have Celica as a newcomer. Or the Black Knight. I can't complain about Chrom though.
:ultsamus:: I think there's too many Metroid character honestly, and it's because of Dark Samus. I don't think Dark Samus was the optimal choice for a Echo Fighter honestly.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have certain gripes yes.

:ultmario:: Not having Toad playable, despite him being a major Nintendo character. And choosing Piranha Plant over him instead.
:ultdk:: Not having Dixie is a first, there's no real excuse. I also dislike the fact there's no DKC2 music, or stage, and there's no new stage based on Tropical Freeze either. Tropical Freeze literally gets zero attention despite being the most PHENOMINAL platformer game I ever played, and others agree because it's very well critically acclaimed. Did I also say no Dixie?
:ultlink:: Hyrule / Ganon's Castle would be a great stage indeed. And I would've loved Impa as a newcomer, even if she was just a mere Sheik Echo.
:ultmarth:: I would have loved to have Celica as a newcomer. Or the Black Knight. I can't complain about Chrom though.
:ultsamus:: I think there's too many Metroid character honestly, and it's because of Dark Samus. I don't think Dark Samus was the optimal choice for a Echo Fighter honestly.
Don't we have Crocodile Cacophony though? :p

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
:ultsamus:: I think there's too many Metroid character honestly
Someone's gonna want your head for saying this.

I do agree that The Evil Sword Game needs more than Metroid does. Sylux shouldn't be considered until we see what Retro's MP4 does with him.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
well since you're showing us this pic we're all now basically ur gf now, marry us already
dammit, i walked right into a multi marriage

Fat face? That is a nice face, do not bash yourself.
It was just the angle. Also, the picture makes me look bald. I have kind of a big head too, so like the combination of all of these things is both hilarious and disconcerting at certain angles.

D

Deleted member

It was just the angle. Also, the picture makes me look bald. I have kind of a big head too, so like the combination of all of these things is both hilarious and disconcerting at certain angles.
Ah, I see. Tell me, what are you doing in your job? Teaching S.T.E.M kids, doing something that requires S.T.E.M, or something else?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ah, I see. Tell me, what are you doing in your job? Teaching S.T.E.M kids, doing something that requires S.T.E.M, or something else?
Teaching STEM concepts to kids/teens/eventually adults. Anything stem related, with kind of a focus on programming.
Also, developing software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom